PDA

View Full Version : I can no longer hold my silence!!!!

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 12:16 AM
It has been many years since I got completely obsessed with posting on this board, and it was my immense frustration with Marty S. and a guy named Elvis that drove me to seclusion. Still, after a game like the one I saw on Friday night.... well...I'M BAAAAAYYYYYAAAAAKKKK!!!! (Let it be known that I haven't missed a single game in over 20 years... I just got tired of the Boards). I hope there's lots of newbies and a few of the old gang still on board... Lemme know eh? SPORTSWAX is still alive and kicking, though I now reside in Santa Monica, CA.

Hello Cheifs fans!!

morphius
10-23-2005, 12:19 AM
LOL! M O O N, that spells Moon...

Been a while...

Bowser
10-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Welcome.

Who were you previously? Or where did you post before?

morphius
10-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Welcome.

Who were you previously? Or where did you post before?
Sportswax from back in the KC Star BB days, was here for a short stint and sort of got run off.

BigRedChief
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Skip says:
http://www.forumspile.com/Newbie-Not_another.jpg

greg63
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
n00b for short.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Not really run off. Not that I can remember! Just found the new BB to be less fun than the days of old. Here's hoping that this one now is more together!! Seems to be....

Anyway... always have been and always will be "Sportswax". I was surprised the old "log in" still worked to tell the truth!

morphius
10-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Can't really consider him a noob, was posting on BB's before I knew one exsisted.

OldTownChief
10-23-2005, 12:40 AM
You are still vulnerable to the Skip beat down. Maybe Phob can up your post count.

|Zach|
10-23-2005, 12:43 AM

Been a while...
The Stand...

Total respect.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Warren makes a pretty good commentator, though I still don't like the way he ended his career on the bench behind Grbac. Wotta shame. (sniff)

morphius
10-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Warren makes a pretty good commentator, though I still don't like the way he ended his career on the bench behind Grbac. Wotta shame. (sniff)
The way he played that year when he got a chance he should have retired a long time before.

Still making the candles?

WestCoastReggie
10-23-2005, 12:51 AM
It has been many years since I got completely obsessed with posting on this board, and it was my immense frustration with Marty S. and a guy named Elvis that drove me to seclusion. Still, after a game like the one I saw on Friday night.... well...I'M BAAAAAYYYYYAAAAAKKKK!!!! (Let it be known that I haven't missed a single game in over 20 years... I just got tired of the Boards). I hope there's lots of newbies and a few of the old gang still on board... Lemme know eh? SPORTSWAX is still alive and kicking, though I now reside in Santa Monica, CA.

Hello Chiefs fans!!

So why do you have only 8 posts?

greg63
10-23-2005, 01:00 AM
So why do you have only 8 posts?

Slow starter????:shrug:

WestCoastReggie
10-23-2005, 01:02 AM
apparently.

KCinNY
10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Good to hear from you again, Wax.

I think most of Wax's detractors misunderstood his calls for Warren Moon. It wasn't that Moon was that great -- it's that Grbac was that horrid.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 01:26 AM
more like 800... just not since the format change.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Howdy Hey KCinNY... long time, eh?

KCinNY
10-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Howdy Hey KCinNY... long time, eh?

Long time indeed. Remember how Carl used to try to sell Elvis as a franchise QB along the lines of Favre or Bledsoe? Those were truly frustrating times.

Tell us what you think of Vermeil's Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Whoa. I'm having Star BB flashbacks...

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Is it really your Birthday, Big "D"?

onescrewleftuntwisted
quit dissing us noobs,

we make you laugh every day

Sportswax
... Also... who dat in the pic?

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Long time indeed. Remember how Carl used to try to sell Elvis as a franchise QB along the lines of Favre or Bledsoe? Those were truly frustrating times.

Tell us what you think of Vermeil's Chiefs.
What's not to like? Vermeil's tendency toward teary eyes, I guess.
He seems genuine enough, though. I'm really happy with Trent Green overall, though he does have a bad game once in a while. He seems to have nerves of steel, though I hope they don't get him killed. Much better in my book, than say...Daunte Culpepper... who looks great one week and altogether uninspired the next. That guy just never seems to get a sense of urgency... while TG seems to have it all the time.

I'd like to see Gonzo a little more, and I have the standard gripe about Hall's brilliant returns getting negated by stupid penalties all the time.

Over all... I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEE the Chiefs (though I hope they do better against the Donks next time). Willie was out, and that's a good excuse every time.

ChiefsFanatic
10-23-2005, 03:24 AM

Been a while...

My laws! Yes it does.

FloridaChief
10-23-2005, 03:27 AM
Howzit, Sportswax? Long, long time, no see...

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 03:35 AM
Howzit, Sportswax? Long, long time, no see...
Never better. I'm not in Florida anymore, but that's a positive as the next couple of Hurricanes bear down, eh? Where are you positioned? Hopefully far from danger. Ivan hit me where it hurts, and Dennis finished me off. I got out just before Katrina punctuated the deal. Santa Monica is really a breath of fresh air after all that "gasoline generator" business... and the accompanying heat wave!!

Luzap
10-23-2005, 03:35 AM
Hello Sportswax,

Wondered what happened to you.

Luz
still selling candles???...

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 03:40 AM
Candles are still held up in licensing, and they've already been "knocked off", though not quite the quality items we put forth. A little test marketing saw a few sales on eBay and at trade shows, but we were put on hold by NFLP while they attempted to force us to deal with Yankee Candles. For now, they can't legally put them out without us, and vice versa. A small company (that coincidentally had an opportunity to view our prototypes at the NFLP offices) put out some candles in jars that exploded and burned someone's house down... but that's as far as it went before I moved on. Still own the patent, though... and maybe one day!

FloridaChief
10-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Never better. I'm not in Florida anymore, but that's a positive as the next couple of Hurricanes bear down, eh? Where are you positioned? Hopefully far from danger. Ivan hit me where it hurts, and Dennis finished me off. I got out just before Katrina punctuated the deal. Santa Monica is really a breath of fresh air after all that "gasoline generator" business... and the accompanying heat wave!!

Sorry to hear of your luck in Florida. It's certainly the risk one takes living here during hurrican season. I've heard Santa Monica is nice!

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 03:52 AM
Who's the smiling babe in the picture, FloridaChief?

FloridaChief
10-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Who's the smiling babe in the picture, FloridaChief?

Haley Paige.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Is she a cheerleader or something? Or a personal acquaintance? ...very pretty, that's for sure.

FloridaChief
10-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Is she a cheerleader or something? Or a personal acquaintance? ...very pretty, that's for sure.

No actually, she's an...actress...of a sort...

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 04:01 AM
O.I.C.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I gotta go to bed or I won't be worth a damn at the Sportsbar Tomorrow. One thing that is hard to get used to is the games starting at 10:00 A.M. out here in sunny California. I find myself using Sunday Countdown to wake myself up. Berman ain't the most wonderful voice to wake to...no, not at all!! I hope the Vikings wax the Pack and the Giants get the job done, too. I guess we have to pull for the Eagles to takedown the Chargers, too. Pee-shah! CHIEFS RULE!! I'm gonna wear my new leather Chiefs hat all week.

FloridaChief
10-23-2005, 04:11 AM
I gotta go to bed or I won't be worth a damn at the Sportsbar Tomorrow. One thing that is hard to get used to is the games starting at 10:00 A.M. out here in sunny California. I find myself using Sunday Countdown to wake myself up. Berman ain't the most wonderful voice to wake to...no, not at all!! I hope the Vikings wax the Pack and the Giants get the job done, too. I guess we have to pull for the Eagles to takedown the Chargers, too. Pee-shah! CHIEFS RULE!! I'm gonna wear my new leather Chiefs hat all week.

Later, 'wax...

Miles
10-23-2005, 04:12 AM

And I thought games were kind of hard to wake up for here at 11:00. At least there is no KC game to wake up for.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 04:16 AM
And I thought games were kind of hard to wake up for here at 11:00. At least there is no KC game to wake up for.
Whattabout the San Diego @ Philadelphia game? That's and early one worth the price of admission, ain't it? Steelers at Cincinnati oughtta be fun to watch in the A.M. too. I guess I'm just an all around fan of the good old NFL match-up.... see my next/last post on the "worst game of the day"...

Miles
10-23-2005, 04:20 AM
Whattabout the San Diego @ Philadelphia game? That's and early one worth the price of admission, ain't it? Steelers at Cincinnati oughtta be fun to watch in the A.M. too. I guess I'm just an all around fan of the good old NFL match-up.... see my next/last post on the "worst game of the day"...

Hell yeah im up for those games. Still think it would be a bit rough on the west coast at 10:00., but would shure as hell be worth geting up.

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 04:27 AM
G'night all. Now go to my other thread and pick the best and worst games for Tomorrow.

Bwana
10-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Hello Tom, long time no see.

Phobia
10-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Sportswax.... sportswax....

Nope, doesn't ring any bells.

memyselfI
10-23-2005, 08:49 AM

Hello Chiefs fans!!

Re: Gannon vs. Grbackup...

told ya so!!! :p

Welcome back!

Denise (denise)

ROYC75
10-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Holy Shit, we were just talking about you this last weekend at the Wash. game.........

Oh yes, Good Times indeed.

Welcome Back.

ROYC75
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Sportswax.... sportswax....

Nope, doesn't ring any bells.

ROFL ROFL

Ouch ..........

redsurfer11
10-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Welcome Grback Sportswax. What happened with the storms in Fla? Are alot of people in that area packing up, and leaving?

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Welcome Grback Sportswax. What happened with the storms in Fla? Are alot of people in that area packing up, and leaving?
A Lot are leaving... but maybe not evacuating as far away as I did. It is pretty awfull when everything you own gets flooded or just plain blows to smithereens.

I made it out okay, only losing about $200K in collectible I had picked up for a showcase I was sponsoring in Mobile, Alabama. It is not that easy to move from the Florida economy to California either. When I moved to Florida originally in 1994, I paid for six months lease payments with what was one payment in Marin County. It is six time harder to move in the other direction.

Now back to the Donks game. Both my teams won this weekend: Chiefs and Vikings. I'm on cloud nine. Hell, even Philly took out the Chargers.

A Broncos loss right now would complete my perfect weekend.

Logical
10-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Well an old time/bandwagoneer returns. Big suprise.

Vlad,
formerly Logical

Sportswax
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
No Band-wagoneer here, Vlad... nope! I bleed just as red as any of you guys, and I definitely fork over the cash to keep up with the Chiefs at all cost. As I said before (post#48)... The donks loss completes my perfect weekend!! I gotta go celebrate... right after the Chiefs rerun on NFL channel...beginning in about 8 minutes. I'll yakatchalater, eh?

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
G'morning Vietnam!!!!!!!!!!!! (Actually Good afternoon on this Wednesday, October 26) I took a vacation to Sonoma County for the last couple of days, mostly to do the wine tours. My sensibilities are returning now... and I don't remember buying most of this wine!!

Mr. Laz
10-26-2005, 02:38 PM
i prefer sex wax

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Good times, good times...

Lurch
10-26-2005, 02:42 PM

Hello Chiefs fans!!

Welcome back I guess. Beer is on you?

Calcountry
10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
The way he played that year when he got a chance he should have retired a long time before.

Still making the candles?I heard, from a reliable source inside the Jets locker room, that Herman Edwards was considering hiring Moon on a game to game basis because tetes verde screwed up so bad on Monday night.

Not. :p

Calcountry
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
So why do you have only 8 posts?So why do you only have 222?

By the way, it pisses me off when people call the Chiefs, the Chef's.

Calcountry
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Well an old time/bandwagoneer returns. Big suprise.

Vlad,
formerly LogicalHey Vlad, whatever happened to that evil rabbit Avitar you had.

I knew I found home when I saw that thing. lmao.

I think it would make a better Avvy for me as bunnytrdr.

ck_IN
10-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Oh My Gawd, candleboy is back.

Brock
10-26-2005, 03:13 PM
MOSSTERIA SHAKES THE NFL!!!

Brock
10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh My Gawd, candleboy is back.

I think he's actually Geddy Lee's voice double.

ChiTown
10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Just when I thought I could start making a killing selling sports candles on the Planet, in walks Wax.................

Hoover
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Welcome back!

Lurch
10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Good times, good times...

Links for the noobs?

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Links for the noobs?

The old Star BB no longer exists...

dollar1
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Moon...

Iowanian
10-26-2005, 07:30 PM
The Vikings Suck again, the Chiefs are 4-2....the wax returns.

Coincidence?

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 07:44 PM
MOSSTERIA SHAKES THE NFL!!!

Good One. I'm sure no one remembers me from NFLTalk.com articles. I had a couple that got picked up by national papers... my "realignment" article got put on a calendar. The Mossteria one stayed up on the site longer than any others. He did make an impact...no?

Did you have a different log in name then? If so,... who are you.

We useta put up JPEGS of the people on the board.. 'member that?

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't dream it...be it.

I know lot's of writers. Few get published, though.

Lotsa screenwriter's too... like my favorite waiter at Gladstone's in Malibu. Fifteen screenplays...all good, but he's shown them to very few people.

Some people on the board here are very literate. Others... well..... most are pretty smart.

Go CHIEFS!!

Mosbonian
10-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Good One. I'm sure no one remembers me from NFLTalk.com articles. I had a couple that got picked up by national papers... my "realignment" article got put on a calendar. The Mossteria one stayed up on the site longer than any others. He did make an impact...no?

Did you have a different log in name then? If so,... who are you.

We useta put up JPEGS of the people on the board.. 'member that?

There are some of us who were there when you came to the StarBoard....but most of us use different names here now.

And yes, we remember the NFLTalk articles....

mmaddog

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Who could forget Mmaddog?!?! How you been? What do you think will happen this week? I'm looking for another week like the last one, where the Chiefs beat the Chargers and the Donks fall to Philly. That way we can go up a game when the Broncos have their bye the next week, while we get to earn another division game when The Faders visit Arrowhead.

Mosbonian
10-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Who could forget Mmaddog?!?! How you been? What do you think will happen this week? I'm looking for another week like the last one, where the Chiefs beat the Chargers and the Donks fall to Philly. That way we can go up a game when the Broncos have their bye the next week, while we get to earn another division game when The Faders visit Arrowhead.

Thomas.....doing well?

I look for this week to be a tough one for KC...Marty will have the Bolts psyched for the game this week, but he will manage to let it slip away to Vermeil and Co.....I don't think Gunther will have studied the Eagle's game plan to stop LT, and he will have a pretty good game on us. But somehow we will manage to stop Gates & Brees leaving them one-dimensional again on Offense.

I do believe that the Eagles will stop the Donks the same way they stopped the Chargers...

mmaddog

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Go Chiefs! I was hoping the game was to be televised, since I didn't go for the Directv thing this year. I guess I'm doing a double header at the sportsbars this weekend! At least there's lots of Chiefs and Vikings fans in this town!!

jspchief
10-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Is anyone esls already wishing Sportswax had stayed in hiding?

dollar1
10-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Moon...

Not yet, but will soon approach.

~back under rock~

Phobia
10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Is anyone esls already wishing Sportswax had stayed in hiding?

Nah. He's a barrel of laughs. Seriously.

Chiefnj
10-27-2005, 09:36 AM
He's tons of fun, for a Vikings fan.

jcl-kcfan2
10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
EARWAX !!!!!!!!!!!

Donger
10-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Don't dream it...be it.

I know lot's of writers. Few get published, though.

Lotsa screenwriter's too... like my favorite waiter at Gladstone's in Malibu. Fifteen screenplays...all good, but he's shown them to very few people.

Some people on the board here are very literate. Others... well..... most are pretty smart.

Go CHIEFS!!

Yes, some are. Some are even familiar with the correct use of apostrophes.

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Apostrophes are kewl. Still,... for dramatic effect... you can't beat the "dot dot dot" method and a good ol' exclamation point! Hygiene, CO, huh? I guess you know how to properly use your period, too.

Donger
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Apostrophes are kewl. Still,... for dramatic effect... you can't beat the "dot dot dot" method and a good ol' exclamation point! Hygiene, CO, huh? I guess you know how to properly use your period, too.

So, you're stating that you intentionally used the apostrophes in your above post incorrectly for dramatic effect?

AirForceChief
10-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Moon...

Not yet, but will soon approach.

~back under rock~

Trying to jack up that .29 posts per day stat?

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I blow my nose with apostrophies...

phhhhlllllll, phlllllll,...phhllllllllumph! damn.