PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling this will be the week Trent breaks out!

cmh6476
10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Should be nice weather in SD (usually is), SD's secondary is suspect, extra couple days of watching tape and gameplanning, we could easily take the crowd out of this game after today's performance, and the offense is starting to look like it's gelling! :thumb:

Anyone else?

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 07:36 PM
When does the crowd in SD ever show up? I think they pay people to show up for the games.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Actually, hes really not playing all that bad. He struggled in a few games due to pass protectin breaking down and we all know hes not that good when the pocket breaks down. I think the reason he doesnt have many TD passes is because we run a whole lot more than we throw once we get in the red zone.

cmh6476
10-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Actually, hes really not playing all that bad. He struggled in a few games due to pass protectin breaking down and we all know hes not that good when the pocket breaks down. I think the reason he doesnt have many TD passes is because we run a whole lot more than we throw once we get in the red zone.

Not really what I'm saying. Guess I'm talking number wise. Your typical fantasy owners are down on him because he's not putting up the mubers like he has in the past...

You can't really complain when your team is staring 5-2 in the face ;)

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 07:39 PM
SD's crowd won't be a factor no matter what. Even when they are sold out (if they really ever are) they generate hardly no noise because half their stadium is full of the opposing team's fans.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Not really what I'm saying. Guess I'm talking number wise. Your typical fantasy owners are down on him because he's not putting up the mubers like he has in the past...

You can't really complain when your team is staring 5-2 in the face ;)

Exactly why i stoped playing fantasy football. I got tired of everyone always basing things strictly on "Stats" and "Box Scores". plus it forced me to root against my own team at times.....

Count Alex's Losses
10-23-2005, 07:40 PM
This is the week I look for Kennison to get back on track.

SD's secondary was ranked 27th coming into today. They do have alot of sacks.

NewChief
10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I think last week was his breakout week. Sure he didn't put up the TDs, but his numbers were very good. As I've said, I'd start starting him at this point if I were a fantasy owner. I've advised all my fantasy friends who have him not to start him (yet) until he gets rolling. The time is now.

Count Alex's Losses
10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I think last week was his breakout week. Sure he didn't put up the TDs, but his numbers were very good. As I've said, I'd start starting him at this point if I were a fantasy owner. I've advised all my fantasy friends who have him not to start him (yet) until he gets rolling. The time is now.

Chokeland's looking pretty soft the following week with Charles Woodson 's broken leg, too.

cmh6476
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Exactly why i stoped playing fantasy football. I got tired of everyone always basing things strictly on "Stats" and "Box Scores". plus it forced me to root against my own team at times.....

You don't have to do that! I started Jake in 2 leagues, and I was hoping for goose-eggs in both of 'em ;)

milkman
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
In order for Trent to break out, Gonzo needs to break out.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
We have a solid chance of being 6-2 at the first half of the season.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
With the running game hitting on all cylinders, and our poor receiving corps, I don't see Trent putting up any type of numbers all year.

milkman
10-23-2005, 07:46 PM
With the running game hitting on all cylinders, and our poor receiving corps, I don't see Trent putting up any type of numbers all year.

If the running does start hitting on all cylinders, that will help Trent put up the type of numbers he has put up in the past.

Lipschitz
10-23-2005, 07:47 PM
I noticed a different swagger that the Chiefs had after Priest offered up his long run for a TD. He developed an attitude while he was running into the endzone and it seemed to be contageous.

If they keep that type of swagger to their step and fire as we all know they can, it will be all over but the crying in SD and on down the road.

I'm hoping that this is the corner they needed to turn to get all phases of the game in gear, from all sources on the team and coaching staff.

JBucc
10-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I have him on my fantasy team but haven't started him yet(my other qb is Carson Palmer) But I really don't care if he puts up huge numbers or not as long as we win.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 07:49 PM
If the running does start hitting on all cylinders, that will help Trent put up the type of numbers he has put up in the past.

I hope you are right. But I just don't see it happening. Kennison is a number 2 at best. He deperately needs someone to step up. Who is it going to be?

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 07:51 PM
I hope you are right. But I just don't see it happening. Kennison is a number 2 at best. He deperately needs someone to step up. Who is it going to be?

At this point, Chris Horn appears to be our deep threat. He doesnt get many catches thrown his way though....

milkman
10-23-2005, 07:53 PM

And Kennison is the same #2 that's been #1 in KC for most of Trent's tenure here.

We have had crap receivers for years, and still Trent has put up numbers.

Tony, Eddie, Priest all have to step up and make plays in the passing game, as they have over the last 3 years.

Horn, Boerighter and Parker all have to step up.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 07:56 PM
At this point, Chris Horn appears to be our deep threat. He doesnt get many catches thrown his way though....

We have too many guys that are only field stretchers. You can put Bo and Parker in the same class. We don't have a guy who can get open consistenly in the 10-20 yard range. Our receivers are our weak link. We will need to throw the ball at some point this year. I am still hopeful they will bring FredEx back.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 08:00 PM
And Kennison is the same #2 that's been #1 in KC for most of Trent's tenure here.

We have had crap receivers for years, and still Trent has put up numbers.

Tony, Eddie, Priest all have to step up and make plays in the passing game, as they have over the last 3 years.

Horn, Boerighter and Parker all have to step up.

Kennison had Morton drawing some coverage the last couple of years. There is no one on the field opposite Kennison now. Defenses can double Tony and roll coverage toward Kennison. Someone needs to step up.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 08:01 PM
We have too many guys that are only field stretchers. You can put Bo and Parker in the same class. We don't have a guy who can get open consistenly in the 10-20 yard range. Our receivers are our weak link. We will need to throw the ball at some point this year. I am still hopeful they will bring FredEx back.

Exactly why we needed McCardell last year......or resign Morton. I was never a big Morton fan, but he was decent on 3rd downs and could catch the 10-15 yarders fairly consistantly..at least during the regular season. Hopefully Sammie Parker will step it up once he returns...

I hope we go after Reggie Wayne in the offeason....

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Kennison had Morton drawing some coverage the last couple of years. There is no one on the field opposite Kennison now. Defenses can double Tony and roll coverage toward Kennison. Someone needs to step up.

I had hoped that would be Parker, but his hands have been rock hard so far this season.

I'd really like to see almost anyone else step up, but I just have this gut feeling that Horn will be the guy that does.

He's not big, he's not fast, but he gets open and he makes catches.

Really reminds me of Ricky Proehl.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Exactly why we needed McCardell last year......or resign Morton. I was never a big Morton fan, but he was decent on 3rd downs and could catch the 10-15 yarders fairly consistantly..at least during the regular season. Hopefully Sammie Parker will step it up once he returns...

I hope we go after Reggie Wayne in the offeason....

Going after Reggie in the offseason doesn't help us this season. I think both Shields and Roaf are done after this year. This is the year we need to get it done. We need to bring in help now. Washington is the most expendable right now. We need to cut him and bring FredEx back. At least Fredex has some familiarity with the system and routes.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Going after Reggie in the offseason doesn't help us this season. I think both Shields and Roaf are done after this year. This is the year we need to get it done. We need to bring in help now. Washington is the most expendable right now. We need to cut him and bring FredEx back. At least Fredex has some familiarity with the system and routes.

I really dont see what difference FredEx would make at this point??? Its not like he ever was the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice...

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:14 PM

I just don't get this facination with a guy who has averaged like 15 catches a year. :shrug:

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I had hoped that would be Parker, but his hands have been rock hard so far this season.

I'd really like to see almost anyone else step up, but I just have this gut feeling that Horn will be the guy that does.

He's not big, he's not fast, but he gets open and he makes catches.

Really reminds me of Ricky Proehl.

I think Parker will be good. But I agree about his hands. He is thinking too much still. Next year or the year after i think he will break out. But he will never be better than a number 2 or 3.

cmh6476
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
If Parker is back next week, he should be our slot receiver. I think this offense would be better with Kennison #1, Bo # 2, and Parker lining up in the slot.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I really dont see what difference FredEx would make at this point??? Its not like he ever was the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice...

Why stand pat with what we have? We know that Bo and Parker and Horn are not the answer. Yes, Freddie was never the second coming of Jerry but he did make some clutch catches last year. And I think his catch total last year was 45.

bishop_74
10-23-2005, 08:21 PM
If Parker is back next week, he should be our slot receiver. I think this offense would be better with Kennison #1, Bo # 2, and Parker lining up in the slot.

At this point, I think Horn has been more reliable than Parker. I feel like he has been quite a bit more consistant and more of a threat every time he steps on the field.

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:24 PM
At this point, I think Horn has been more reliable than Parker. I feel like he has been quite a bit more consistant and more of a threat every time he steps on the field.

That is what I'm saying.

All he does, seemingly, is get open and make big catches.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 08:28 PM
That is what I'm saying.

All he does, seemingly, is get open and make big catches.

Horn and Bo are both averaging less than 2 catches per game each. When exactly is Horn getting open?

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Horn and Bo are both averaging less than 2 catches per game each. When exactly is Horn getting open?

Horn just makes the most of the few opportunities he gets.

He just isn't given many opportunities.

chiefsfaninNC
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM

That may be true. During SD game I will count number of pass plays he is in. But I still say we need to bring in some help. Yes, Fredex may be a long shot. But we need to try something.

NewChief
10-23-2005, 08:48 PM

He wasn't even activated vs. the Skins, I don't think. And yeah, he's not in the rotation all that often. I agree that he needs a more prominent place in the passing game. I think the comparison to Proehl is apt.

B_Ambuehl
10-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Sometimes not having a big name receiver is an advantage cause you don't have to worry about trying to get him the ball and wory about him bitching when he doesn't get the ball and it can also make your offense more unpredictable week in and week out. Also, coaches more then anything else influence which receivers get the hype and reputation based on how many balls are thrown their way.

In other words, take all 150 receivers in the NFL and only a handful really stand out. And if having one of those top 5 or 6 receivers that are gonna stand out regardless was that important the more recent superbowl winners would have one. But they don't. Out of the rest of the 125 + receivers there's not much difference between them really...they're all fast, they can all run routes and get open, and most of them can catch. Take any one of them and throw him the ball 10 times per game and you can make him what the fans call a "#1".

I can think of several receivers sitting on benches right now throughout the league who were that hyped up receiver not long ago but got in the wrong place or whatever. Many more sitting on the bench in teh #3 or #4 spot that people think aren't worth a damn right now will become those #1s in the future.

Straight, No Chaser
10-24-2005, 03:42 AM
The key, IMO, is for the defense to stop Tomlinson, much like the Eagles did on Sunday. Eagles made the Bolts one dimensional offensively. I'm not so sure I like the idea of forcing a team into throwing the ball exclusively against our secondary but the Eagles were able to stay in the game without really having much of an offense. Stopping Tomlinson at the point of attack would great. Trent will be fine unless he becomes TrINT.

--->