PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou vs Beakers week!

KChiefs1
10-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Will Mizzou break the two game losing streak to the Fightin' Manginos?

kepp
10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Absolutely! Next week, Brad Smith = 450+ total offense

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't count on it. The Beakers own the Tigers lately. We'll see...

Brock
10-24-2005, 02:05 PM
I gotta say it's pretty pathetic that it is even a question for Mizzou.

Bowser
10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Mizzou would be in trouble IF KU had an offense.

kepp
10-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I gotta say it's pretty pathetic that it is even a question for Mizzou.
More true than I care to admit :shake:

Bearcat
10-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Will Mizzou break the two game losing streak to the Fightin' Manginos?

If they can't beat this KU team, coach's should be fired, scholarships returned, and they should be kicked out of the Big 12.

DJJasonp
10-24-2005, 03:03 PM
They're defense might be better than the Ravens....and their offfense might be worse than the ravens.

Sad, eh?

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2005, 03:05 PM
If they can't beat this KU team, coach's should be fired, scholarships returned, and they should be kicked out of the Big 12.

Agreed. Then again, as a Jayhawks fan.....I'd hate to see this MU crew replaced with a competent staff. :D

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 03:05 PM
They're defense might be better than the Ravens....and their offfense might be worse than the ravens.

Sad, eh?
What offense?

DJJasonp
10-24-2005, 03:06 PM
What offense?

Good point....

They'd be better off punting on first down.

Cochise
10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
If K-State managed to win then we ought to get them by double digits.

HC_Chief
10-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Absolutely! Next week, Brad Smith = 450+ total offense

Not against this KU d.

I lmao if KU thumps the tiggers <i>again</i>. This offense is patheti-sad. They're not even good enough to be considered "shitty". :D

The defense is outstanding.

Woodrow Call
10-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I think MU gets it done.

MU 27
KU 17

Paul Palmer
10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Tigers are an up and down team...They have a potent offense at most positions but they make a good number of timely mistakes and penalties...
Smith is a gamer if he can stay in the game...Fun-to-watch player....

Mizzou defense gave up 35 to New Mexico...but they are not slow nor heartless...we'll see..

As an 8th-generation Missourian now removed from the area...I have been more drawn to this game recently...plus Johnson County sucks...those Kansans are not from KC...so don't claim it when you are elsewhere...and I hate how everyone seems to be a KU fan in and around the city...

Get er done boy....That is Missourian for let's get a win...Go MU

kepp
10-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Not against this KU d.

I lmao if KU thumps the tiggers <i>again</i>. This offense is patheti-sad. They're not even good enough to be considered "shitty". :D

The defense is outstanding.
The "Black Shirts" were ranked above you guys before we took care of them. And they still have allowed 4 fewer TDs than the Beaker's D. With that being said, we'll have to wait to see which Mizzou team shows up :)

Link (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org)

Ari Chi3fs
10-24-2005, 04:39 PM
i wish the Chiefs had KUs defense. heh.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
If K-State managed to win then we ought to get them by double digits.

yeah, the Dolphins kicked the Broncos by double digits....we should have been able to do the same against the Broncos too, right? :banghead:

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Will that game be televised?

Boozer
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Until a couple of weeks ago, I would've put KU's chances at about 60%, primarily based on an expected Brad Smith choke job. With that young second-string QB, that won't help us much.

HC_Chief
10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
The "Black Shirts" were ranked above you guys before we took care of them. And they still have allowed 4 fewer TDs than the Beaker's D. With that being said, we'll have to wait to see which Mizzou team shows up :)

Link (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org)

Yeah, and NU's O isn't nearly as putrid. KU has consistently given opponents the ball in favorable field position. Or, they simply go three & out over & over... the D finally wears down in the 4th quarter (like what happened in the OU game: if KU had any semblance of a QB, they win that game with ease).

I think MU will win this game. They <i>should</i>. I'll be there, cheering on my Hawks... and if they win, I'll be lmao :D

:KU:

Mr. Laz
10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
muck fizzou

DJJasonp
10-24-2005, 05:29 PM
As an 8th-generation Missourian now removed from the area...I have been more drawn to this game recently...plus Johnson County sucks...those Kansans are not from KC...so don't claim it when you are elsewhere...and I hate how everyone seems to be a KU fan in and around the city...

Get er done boy....That is Missourian for let's get a win...Go MU

(Spoken like a true Mizzou fan/student!)

Thank GOD I'm not from the "real KC".......

Rock chalk Jayhawk....

duncan_idaho
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
If this wasn't a rivalry game I wouldn't be worried. But it is, and that means the talent level differential is less of a factor than normal.

It will be interesting to see how Smith plays; I hadn't seen him at the level he played at last week since 2003. The offensive line also played much better.

The MU defense was suprisingly good—holding Nebraska scoreless for the last 40 minutes or so of the game, and causing a turnover to snuff Nebraska's last good scoring threat.

I think the key will come down to Smith's willingness to make plays with his feet—he showed that again against Nebraska—and the ability of William Franklin to be a threat at WR. I expect Gordon to shut down Coffey... so someone else will have to step up. Franklin is the best candidate...

Should be fun...

Goshma Ballsich
10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/Fort80/Avatars/3ku.jpg

Goshma Ballsich
10-24-2005, 09:05 PM
It will be interesting to see if KU takes the ISU approach to defending Smith. It worked for them but it also takes away the aggresiveness of the defense, which is a strength for ku. But if you overpursue Smith, he will kill you.

OPChief
10-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Kansas wins, 20-3.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Kansas wins, 20-3.
The real question will be..how will you be able to tell the bands apart if they are both wearing black?

duncan_idaho
10-25-2005, 08:47 AM
"Kansas wins, 20-3"

You realize Missouri is averaging 38 points per game? And if Kansas' defense really does excel pursuing and being aggressive, Missouri will score more than three points.

Nebraska and Texas both have aggressive defenses... Nebraska's WAS the No. 1 rushing defense (not sure if they still are, but damn!) and Texas' is perceived as being very, very good. Now, I'm not disrespecting KU's defense (it's an impressive unit, though I haven't seen KU play... but what I hear scares me)... I'm just saying that predicting they'll hold MU to a field goal might be a bit much.

I expect Missouri to do its typical routine... which would mean two first-quarter touchdowns. And I expect the KU offense to turn the ball over at least twice in its own end, (once deep, once intermediate, with Missouri converting those turnovers into a touchdown and a field goal).

And if Smith struggles as he did against ISU, Chase Daniel will be in there.

My prediction: Missouri 24, Kansas 10

kepp
10-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Kansas wins, 20-3.
That's a homer forecast. Of course, so is "Brad Smith vs KU = 450 yards total offense" :p

So I'll adjust mine because of the rivalry factor:
* Brad Smith = 350 yards
* Mizzou 35, KU 13

Lzen
10-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Maybe KU can get their offense going this week since MU doesn't have much of a defense. Containing Brad Smith will be tough, though. If we had a decent QB, I would be confident in a KU win. But we don't and I'm not too confident in our sorry corps of QBs. Luke absolutely blows chunks. Man, I can't believe Whitlock ever backed this guy. Shows how much of a moron JW can be. And I've been disgusted at how long Mangino stuck with Luke. If he's the best KU has, that is pathetic. :shake:

But who knows. It's a home game for a change and it's a big rival. Perhaps KU will play better on offense this week. Rock chalk, baby. :KU:

kepp
10-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Maybe KU can get their offense going this week since MU doesn't have much of a defense.
That is my one worry. If, somehow, KU's offense clicks this weekend, it's anyone's game. Of course, we stopped Nebraska fairly well so hopefully our D is improving.

duncan_idaho
10-25-2005, 10:31 AM
I've seen every Missouri game this season, and there was a key difference in the game against Nebraska: the defensive line played well. For the first time, Missouri's DTs weren't getting pushed completely out of plays. The ends were causing all kinds of problems (in fact, Nebraska's left tackle held on just about every passing down. And we're talking hooking-an-arm-around-the-chest-from-the-side holding. Blatant.). Jason Simpson (the supposed best player on this defense) reappeared, probably because he was playing closer to the line again, and that's what he excels at.

The linebackers even made some plays.

Is it a good defense? No. But I think it's at least as good as some of the ones that have shut Kansas down.

Cochise
10-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Kansas wins, 20-3.

When was the last time Kansas scored 20 points?

And, I know the defense is good, but when was the last time Kansas held someone to only 3 points? Was it even a division 1 school?

*edit - I don't see that it's happened in the last 4 years.

I don't know what the line on this game is, but I'm feeling Missouri by 2 touchdowns.

ExtremeChief
10-25-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't know what the line on this game is, but I'm feeling Missouri by 2 touchdowns.

right now Missouri is a 6 point favorite

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaaf.html

David.
10-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Smith has just looked too good to predict a 3 point score by mizzou.

But i'm not sure this is an easy win. We always seem to have trouble against kU