PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis

Wa-Z
10-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I just read that he may come back to the NFL, some teams have been quietly investigating him as a head coach.

I truly don't think he will come back, I think he will make ND a power house in the years to come.

But wouldn't it be great if he came to the Chiefs since DV may retire.
What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8994211

Brock
10-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Money would have to be outrageous to get him now.

Dunit35
10-24-2005, 03:20 PM
He will stay at ND.

jidar
10-24-2005, 03:27 PM
He'll stay at ND one more year at least, which might give us a shot at him since that's how long we will probably have DV.

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I just read that he may come back to the NFL, some teams have been quietly investigating him as a head coach.

I truly don't think he will come back, I think he will make ND a power house in the years to come.

But wouldn't it be great if he came to the Chiefs since DV may retire.
What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8994211

Why not he's a better choice than Herm Edwards or Cowher. Maybe bring some of that Pats Karma with him. Basically the same athletes as last year but they certaintly arn't playing like last year. A lousy $1.5 million to get him. Very doable. :hmmm:

Wa-Z
10-24-2005, 03:59 PM
He'll stay at ND one more year at least, which might give us a shot at him since that's how long we will probably have DV.

I think this is DV's last year on his contract.

Wa-Z
10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Why not he's a better choice than Herm Edwards or Cowher. Maybe bring some of that Pats Karma with him. Basically the same athletes as last year but they certaintly arn't playing like last year. A lousy $1.5 million to get him. Very doable. :hmmm:

Are Cowher and Edwards leaving their teams next year?

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Are Cowher and Edwards leaving their teams next year?

The Planet brings their names up every time the subject of our next coach comes up because of their ties to the Chiefs.

chiefqueen
10-24-2005, 05:04 PM
If we don't land him........Oakland might. At the point Denver & Oakland will have a perpetual stranglehold on the division.

Cntrygal
10-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I'd rather see him in Buffalo.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd rather see him in Buffalo.

Screw Buffalo. WHO cares about Buffalo? ;)

Hey, we took care of the Phins for you; what more do you want?

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 05:34 PM
He's not going anywhere. If he wanted the NFL that bad he either a) would've taken a job over making a commitment to ND or b) would've stayed with NE and waited till a job he liked opened.

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 05:38 PM
He's not going anywhere. If he wanted the NFL that bad he either a) would've taken a job over making a commitment to ND or b) would've stayed with NE and waited till a job he liked opened.
You're a ND fan aren't you?

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 05:40 PM
You're a ND fan aren't you?

Yeah, but I don't think it really effects my opinion on this. No bias really.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2005, 05:42 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
I don't see what's so funny.

Cochise
10-24-2005, 05:59 PM

:rolleyes:

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 06:02 PM
All I said was that he wouldn't have taken the job at ND to leave for the NFL when he could've gotten an NFL coaching job at the start. I would think that if I was a Michigan Wolverine fan. There's no bias with that.

If you want my honest opinion, I'd love for him to leave ND to coach the Chiefs. I care more about KC. But I don't see it happening.

B_Ambuehl
10-24-2005, 06:48 PM
His buyout is only 1 million.

chief52
10-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Notre Dame is not about to let him slip away. He is not going anywhere for 5 years IMO...unless he starts losing.

NaptownChief
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I would be shocked if he wanted to leave ND for the NFL...My guess he will play the interest up a bunch to insure ND steps up and sweetens his contract with a few extra millions which I would expect them to do.

If he truly wanted to come back to the NFL I would be shocked if the Chiefs had what it took to get him. He has all the leverage in the world right now and can not imagine him coming to a team that has a control freak GM in place, let alone a control freak GM that isn't very good at what he does.

Would be an awesome hire for the Chiefs and for that reason alone I would be shocked to see it happen.

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 07:57 PM
You sound like you are trying to convince yourself he won't leave.

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
You sound like you are trying to convince yourself he won't leave.

Nope. It's the exact opposite. I don't think he will leave so all the talk about him leaving after one year for an NFL job seems really stupid to me.

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Nope. It's the exact opposite. I don't think he will leave so all the talk about him leaving after one year for an NFL job seems really stupid to me.
He's winning with another coach's recruits. Bob Stoops won a NC with John Blake's recruits. He's 3-3 with his own this year. With the NFL you strike while the iron is hot. It can cool off very quickly.

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 08:37 PM
He's winning with another coach's recruits. Bob Stoops won a NC with John Blake's recruits. He's 3-3 with his own this year. With the NFL you strike while the iron is hot. It can cool off very quickly.

He's made plenty of changes from last year's squad though, in terms of starting personnel and how they get used. I do think he's a much better talent evaluator than Stoops.

I just don't think he'd leave Notre Dame hanging now. He's loyal to the school and he has a chance to do something special.

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 08:42 PM
He's made plenty of changes from last year's squad though, in terms of starting personnel and how they get used. I do think he's a much better talent evaluator than Stoops.
He hasn't proved it yet. Stoops took WR's and made DB's out of them and made DB's into RB's and vice versa. He hasn't done nearly so well with his own recruits. You can't tell me Weis doesn't know this. Nobody seems to stay at ND for very long. If Weis gets an offer he likes better, he'll move. They all will.

HolmeZz
10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
It's possible. I'm not Weis. But I don't think money would be the determining factor in him moving. ND's already paying him well. If he switched I think it'd be because of the position opening.

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
It's possible. I'm not Weis. But I don't think money would be the determining factor in him moving. ND's already paying him well. If he switched I think it'd be because of the position opening.
There could be any number of reasons. Unrealistic expectations of the alumni. Him knowing he is a weak recruiter or just not liking recruiting. His wife doesn't like South Bend. Too numerous to list them all.