PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Player of the Week

ChiefsFan4Life
10-25-2005, 06:58 AM
According to Peter King, it's Patrick Surtain:

Kansas City CB Patrick Surtain, who returned to the scene of his prime Friday night to shine for the Chiefs in their 30-20 win (it wasn't that close) over the Dolphins. He had six tackles and three passes defensed and was the key to a secondary that harassed Gus Frerotte into an 11-of-29 nightmare.

From his Monday Morning QB Column.

Phobia
10-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Peter King still sucks.

Mecca
10-25-2005, 07:06 AM
But But, I thought he struggled according to old Whitlock........

Lzen
10-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Call it a guess, but I think Whitlock is just looking for a reason to criticize Surtain. Whitlock's ego won't allow him to drop the fact that the Chiefs didn't take his advice and get Ty Law. :rolleyes:

Seek
10-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Whitlock thinks he struggled, I think he and Knight were baiting Ferotte. In that first quarter it looked like Surtain was letting his reciever go giving a gap, making Ferotte throw and every time Surtain would regain the cap to cover any short pass, while Knight was already breaking towards the receiver and going for the ball.

I looked at my wife and said, look at them. You can tell they are doing this on pupose. They know this team and they are purposely baiting them.

Halfcan
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Whitcock probably didn't even watch the game. He just heard about it on the Planet.

unlurking
10-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Whitlock thinks he struggled, I think he and Knight were baiting Ferotte. In that first quarter it looked like Surtain was letting his reciever go giving a gap, making Ferotte throw and every time Surtain would regain the cap to cover any short pass, while Knight was already breaking towards the receiver and going for the ball.

I looked at my wife and said, look at them. You can tell they are doing this on pupose. They know this team and they are purposely baiting them.
Agreed.

It's amazing how good those two look when Sammy is in pass support and communicating with Patrick. If he can just build the same sort of understanding with Warfield and Wesley, this secondary would be awesome.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2005, 08:38 PM
IM wondering if Ty Law is having any regets now about signing with the Jets??? BTW, he had another INT last night, but whos counting???