PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead - Dome, No Dome, or Retractable

ferrarispider95
10-25-2005, 03:19 PM
On the subject of the Astros opening the dome tonight, would you want the present Arrowhead or any future Chiefs Stadium to have a dome, a retractable dome, or open air?

I am completely against a dome or any retractable roof, to me it takes a way the from the mystique of the game. Whats better then having beer when its 15 degrees outside.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
no dome.... retractable roof....................... eh.... probably not.

JBucc
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
It's football it has to be outside

BigRedChief
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
My source tells me that Lamar wants a rolling roof and will kick in $100 million to the cost of renovating Arrowhead if the rolling roof is in the plans.

Moot point. If Lamar wants a rolling roof he will get the roof.

MOhillbilly
10-25-2005, 03:24 PM
football is elemental.

wolfpack0735
10-25-2005, 03:24 PM
NO DOME! football in a dome is unamerican. and goes with fake grass for football. football is made to be played outside in the grass.

Bob Dole
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
My source tells me that Lamar wants a rolling roof and will kick in $100 million to the cost of renovating Arrowhead if the rolling roof is in the plans.

Moot point. If Lamar wants a rolling roof he will get the roof.

Which is consistent with the original plan, and pretty much a requirement if KC ever hopes to host a Super Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
For a Super Bowl and Final Four, I think I could deal with a roof.

Fish
10-25-2005, 04:02 PM
No roof.... that just seems like cheating........ Football should be played in the cold/wind/rain if it happens to be that way outside.

What's next?? Indoor outhouses?

jidar
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Normaly I side with tradition but in this case I'm not terribly opposed to a rolling roof.
Truth is I'd rather the roof was open during all games, but there are other uses for the roof, and I wouldn't cry about it if they decide to the close the roof for rain to appease television stations or something.

StcChief
10-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Superbowl, Final Four etc. Require hotel room space etc.
The dome is a start for that. I don't want a dome.

Ask any football fans going to the Eddie in STL.

They hate the dome.

ferrarispider95
10-25-2005, 04:41 PM
What would you rather watch. (if we puts the chiefs aside, because we would obviously want to watch the chiefs whatever they played)

A Monday Night game in December at Lambeau Field, with tons of packers fans in hunting jackets, and Bretty Favre leading the team down the field on the frigid frozen field.

Or Peyton going down field in December, in the climate controlled air of Peyton Manning stadium or whatever is called with artificial turf.

Now put the teams aside, and tell me you dont want to watch the game at Lambeau.

SLAG
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
there was an article Not too long ago it was an interview with the man who made the formula for the sight lines in the stadium it was a VERY VERY interesting Interview... In short the drafted Arrowhead was suppose to have a "new" Retractable roof.... (1972) So yeah... I think If arrowhead can get its roof... the way it was ment to be.... imagine... the chiefs can play as they were ment to be :shrug:

EDIT:

Here is the Header of the Aricle

KCSTAR.COM

Aging Arrowhead a classic, but vision is still not complete

His life's work complete, Ron Labinski has time on his hands. He sits on the porch of the house he designed and looks at the birds, the plants, the trees. Predictably, one of the world's greatest stadium architects has arranged spectacular sight lines in his window-spangled home. He's drawn it with a view of the woods from every point, so it feels like he lives on Endor and not a well-heeled Kansas street."It's like having no

Published on August 28, 2005, Page 20, Kansas City Star, The (MO)

Braincase
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Take a look at the 37Forever get together and tell me we don't love domes.

chiefqueen
10-25-2005, 04:54 PM
I want a rolling roof and a clause in the Lease Agreement forbidding any league commissioner dictating whether the stadium is opened or closed.

In case you don't know Selig is forcing the Astros to play with their roof open tonight. They want to keep it closed.

Bob Dole
10-25-2005, 05:02 PM
What would you rather watch. (if we puts the chiefs aside, because we would obviously want to watch the chiefs whatever they played)

A Monday Night game in December at Lambeau Field, with tons of packers fans in hunting jackets, and Bretty Favre leading the team down the field on the frigid frozen field.

Or Peyton going down field in December, in the climate controlled air of Peyton Manning stadium or whatever is called with artificial turf.

Now put the teams aside, and tell me you dont want to watch the game at Lambeau.

It doesn't matter one bit to the NFL what you or Bob Dole would rather watch. What matters to the NFL is whether Dipshit X can spend $2500 to make sure his 14 year-old princess can watch this year's halftime show in absolute comfort.

There will never be a SB in KC unless the stadium has a roof.

DJay23
10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Domes are for pussies. We're just as loud a stadium without the enclosure anyway.

jynni
10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd say a dome or retractable roof would suck.

However a rolling roof would be okay since it's really not closing anything in. If it was windy enough the rain could still get inside. Plus it would probably add to the volume just a tad.

chief52
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
I do not think you will see anyone building a dome again. Why would you? At worst build a retractable roof and get the best of both worlds. I am a traditionalist, but I am not against a retractable roof. I thought Reliant stadium in Houston was great.

ENDelt260
10-25-2005, 07:07 PM
No dome. No retractable roof. F*ck a Super Bowl (hosting one, that is.)

Logical
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
I am in favor of a retractable roof, that was what was inteneded for the Sports Complex and still what makes the most sense.

Logical
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM

Now put the teams aside, and tell me you dont want to watch the game at Lambeau.I don't ever want to watch a game in December in Lambeau, for that matter I am not traveling from San Diego to KC for a December game ever either. Maybe for a playoff game.

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Take a look at the 37Forever get together and tell me we don't love domes.
Good one!!!!!!!! Now get in a dig at the beer bellies. Back on topic, if Lamar wants a rolling roof, Lamar shall HAVE a rolling roof.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Domes are for queers and yuppies. 4321

WEIRDWOLF
10-25-2005, 08:50 PM
NO dome!!!! Rolling roof maybe as long as they only used it in the summer cause I get freakin hot.

Been to St. Louis...IT SUCKED!!!

Sully
10-25-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm with the consensus... no dome.
If a Super Bowl came here I wouldn't be going, anyway... so what do I really care, other than the traffic messes.
I'd rather freeze my tail off in the cold, and have a natural game in the natural outdoors, than the antiseptic games played indoors.
If it rains, there should be mud, if it's cold, you should see breath, if it's hot... I wanna see the fattest guy on the field dropping due to leg cramps!!!!

ferrarispider95
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM
It looks like the consensus is no dome, possibly maybe retractable roof, but most agree that leave it open air.

The only thing the superbowl would do for KC is generate revenue for our city, other than that I agree the only superbowl I care about is the one the Chiefs are playing in.

Miles
10-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Agree with most of you that there is no need for a roof in KC. However the retractable roof at Reliant is definitly worthwhile. Standing around in a hot ass stadium is pretty brutal.

KcMizzou
10-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Football's meant to be played in the elements. That's part of the game.

Miles
10-26-2005, 12:10 AM

I generally agree with that but standing around in 100 degree heat and high humidity is not much fun. Definitly in favor of covered stadiums in the south.

luv
10-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Whichever will cause ticket prices to go up the LEAST.

greg63
10-26-2005, 01:12 AM
football is elemental.

…Hard to imagine Arrowhead being domed. Oh, by the way nice sig! :D

greg63
10-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Whichever will cause ticket prices to go up the LEAST.

I'm for that.

Lzen
10-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Rolling roof? Eh, maybe. Dome? Absofreakinlutely not!!

BigRedChief
10-26-2005, 08:56 AM

Doesn't matter what we think. Lamar wants a rollable/retractable roof. If true, that is what will happen.

ENDelt260
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
I love this "if Lamar wants it, that's what's going to happen" argument. He's wanted it for 40+ years now.... I hope he hasn't been holding his breath.

BigRedChief
10-26-2005, 09:04 AM
I love this "if Lamar wants it, that's what's going to happen" argument. He's wanted it for 40+ years now.... I hope he hasn't been holding his breath.

But its different now. Threat to move to the burbs. Other cities/states/counties willing to pony up the big bucks. That kind of leverage wasn't there.

And besides the only people against the rolling roof are us hard core fans and we don't count. Suite owners, corporations and network moneies count for a helluva lot more than us.

Archie F. Swin
10-26-2005, 09:28 AM
If Green Bay doesn't need a dome no one else does.

greg63
10-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Rolling roof? Eh, maybe. Dome? Absofreakinlutely not!!
This is actually a word, I looked it up. It's a combonation word so in order to define it properly one must plit it up. Abs-of-reak-in-lute(ly)

1st: abs; portion of the body referring to the abdomen located in the mid/lower torso

2nd: of; used as a function word to indicate a point of reckoning

3: reak; a strong or disagreeable fume or odor

4: in; used as a function word to indicate inclusion, location, or position within limits

5: lute(ly); the ability to play a stringed instrument having a large pear-shaped body, a vaulted back, a fretted fingerboard, and a head with tuning pegs which is often angled backward from the neck

So, this word is usually used to discribe a person with strong abs, body oder, who is instrumentally sound. I don't really see how it fits into the above quote :p :D

Calcountry
10-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Which is consistent with the original plan, and pretty much a requirement if KC ever hopes to host a Super Bowl.Ahhh the smell of the mother of all BBQ's.