PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sims out of cast

Mr. Laz
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
and back into team meetings and hope to get him back in a couple of weeks.

Vermeil "i'll believe it when i see it"

Bowser
10-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Progress. I guess.

CosmicPal
10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Errrr WTH, he couldn't go to team meetings before?

the Talking Can
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
anything we got from sims would be a huge bonus

NaptownChief
10-25-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm with Vermeil...I will believe it when I see it. My guess we don't see him on the field before week 12 at best.

el borracho
10-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Errrr WTH, he couldn't go to team meetings before?
I want to say he has been in North Carolina for the last 7 weeks. Anyways, I am with Vermeil on this one: I'll believe it when I see it.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2005, 07:39 PM
IM expecting absolutely nothing out of Sims this year..

Pretty much just like every other year hes been here..

Thig Lyfe
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately, he was punched in the chest and sent to the hospital five minutes ago.

unlurking
10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm expecting the mofo to come in and sacrifice his body eating nachos. No reason to have our starting RB in the booth handling that task, especially when our backup RB is in the hospital have octuple bypass surgery.

cmh6476
10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
I want to say he has been in North Carolina for the last 7 weeks. Anyways, I am with Vermeil on this one: I'll believe it when I see it.

yeah, I'm sure the rehab was cumbersome. Hopefully it pays off! :thumb:

Demonpenz
10-26-2005, 01:07 AM
wait is apart of the chiefs cast or are we talking about the cast on his leg. Will he be a supporting cast member or will he need a supporting cast

greg63
10-26-2005, 01:25 AM
and back into team meetings and hope to get him back in a couple of weeks.

Vermeil "i'll believe it when i see it"

I would think that it would take longer then that to get him game ready.

Fruit Ninja
10-26-2005, 01:30 AM
long as he can be back by week 10-12 that would be a good thing. He could be in football shape by the time the 15-16th games come around. Hopefully we are still in it for a play off spot. This is very good news.

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 07:33 AM

You don't expect anything out of the entire team. Way to go out on a limb there...

Brock
10-26-2005, 08:04 AM

You forgot to say "I hate to say this, but...".

KCTitus
10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Good news...any kind of help on the front seven is needed.

Wrasse
10-26-2005, 09:51 AM
long as he can be back by week 10-12 that would be a good thing. He could be in football shape by the time the 15-16th games come around. Hopefully we are still in it for a play off spot. This is very good news.
:clap:

That is what I was thinking...this is great news and I still have hope for this guy. Maybe I'm naive but I still think he can make a difference.

** is going to try on a more optimistic outlook to see how it wears **

Wrasse
10-26-2005, 09:51 AM
You forgot to say "I hate to say this, but...".
ROFL

HemiEd
10-26-2005, 10:00 AM
This could be great news, if he comes back at even 75% of the player he looked like in the first game.

morphius
10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I think if he can get back into playing shape quickly, this could be damn helpful. With Allen playing like he is I think it would be a motivator for Sims to join in the fun...

Chief Faithful
10-26-2005, 10:18 AM
My son has the same injury right now and is wearing a cast on his foot. After his cast comes off he cannot resume running or jumping for 4 weeks. I don't expect Sims back in the lineup until week 12 or 13.

greg63
10-26-2005, 11:41 AM
My son has the same injury right now and is wearing a cast on his foot. After his cast comes off he cannot resume running or jumping for 4 weeks. I don't expect Sims back in the lineup until week 12 or 13.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

DanT
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
I think if he can get back into playing shape quickly, this could be damn helpful. With Allen playing like he is I think it would be a motivator for Sims to join in the fun...

Yep. This could be damn good news for us down the stretch and into the playoffs.

greg63
10-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Yep. This could be damn good news for us down the stretch and into the playoffs.

...Sure hope so.

BigRedChief
10-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Ryan was supposed to be in the 38 the spot Studio last night but his grandfather passed away so he called in on his way back to NC.

He said he could be back in 2-3 weeks.He also said he will start jogging next week.He said his injury was similiar to Ty Law's but for the fact Ty tore the tendon and broke the bone between his big toe and little toe.He just broke the bone and had to wear a cast.

He said the cast is off and he's walking with no help in regular tennis shoes.overall sounds like he will be back very soon

the Talking Can
10-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Ryan was supposed to be in the 38 the spot Studio last night but his grandfather passed away so he called in on his way back to NC.

He said he could be back in 2-3 weeks.He also said he will start jogging next week.He said his injury was similiar to Ty Law's but for the fact Ty tore the tendon and broke the bone between his big toe and little toe.He just broke the bone and had to wear a cast.

He said the cast is off and he's walking with no help in regular tennis shoes.overall sounds like he will be back very soon

damn, that would be good news...even if he just gets a couple of games in before the (fingerscrossed) playoffs...

Mr. Laz
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM

thanks for the update :thumb:

greg63
10-28-2005, 11:20 PM

Sorry to hear about his Grandfather, but it is good news that he might soon be back.

keg in kc
10-28-2005, 11:20 PM
If he comes back, he could be a real boost in the second half of the season, once he's back up to speed.

RedThat
10-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I sure hope he gets back by at least week 11, or 12. Just to ensure the fact he has a couple of games under his belt. That way he can warm up and be ready to help contribute along that D-line, and help us make a push for the playoffs or playoff run.

Chiefnj
10-29-2005, 07:38 AM
If he had the same injury as Law, then it is a lis franc right? I know Law's injury took a lot of extra time to recover from because he had the additional tendon issue. If that is the case, then PFT was correct in their rumor. Second, I thought it takes at least 3-4 months to recover from it. Third, even if I am wrong about the length of time for recovery, I can't imagine that a lineman who hasn't been able to use his leg for about two months will be in any type of game shape. I'd be very surprised if Sims would line up before week 13-14, if at all.

Stuckinbama
10-29-2005, 07:53 AM
I am not sure what to expect from Sims when he returns to the locker room but I feel that some of the comments made so far about him are unfair.

Sims played a very good game against the Jets before he went out with the injury. He had looked good in the preseason games. It simply takes time for a lot of defensive linemen to hit their stride in the NFL (remember how Neil Smith struggled his first 3 years).

I agree that Sims was part of the problem with his attitude (or lack thereof) early on, but it really appears that Gun was turning him around.

Now if Sims shows up in the locker room overweight and reeking of Nachos, I'll back off my defense of him and agree with everyone else's assessment. If, however, he shows up in shape and with the proper nasty attitude then y'all need to back off your comments.

kregger
10-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Now if Sims shows up in the locker room overweight and reeking of Nachos, I'll back off my defense of him and agree with everyone else's assessment. If, however, he shows up in shape and with the proper nasty attitude then y'all need to back off your comments.

Amen, brother. Give the guy a chance. He seemed to be hitting a stride this year and enjoying the game a lot more. He was enthusiatic when he made those plays in the Jets game.

B_Ambuehl
10-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I think one problem with the perception people have of Ryan Sims is they have false expectations of the defensive tackle position in general. Just because our defensive tackles are not in the backfield and making sacks every play they suck....and since Ryan Sims was a top draft choice he sucks that much more. Watch Corey Simon or John Henderson a few plays in a row and you'll see that the kind've dominanace expected is a rarity.

Rukdafaidas
10-29-2005, 11:31 AM
(remember how Neil Smith struggled his first 3 years).

Neil Smith struggled until DT started lining up opposite Smith.
If Jared Allen continues to do well, it will help the rest of the Chiefs line, because he'll start getting more and more attention on his side.

milkman
10-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I am not sure what to expect from Sims when he returns to the locker room but I feel that some of the comments made so far about him are unfair.

Sims played a very good game against the Jets before he went out with the injury. He had looked good in the preseason games. It simply takes time for a lot of defensive linemen to hit their stride in the NFL (remember how Neil Smith struggled his first 3 years).

I agree that Sims was part of the problem with his attitude (or lack thereof) early on, but it really appears that Gun was turning him around.

:clap:

Good to see ya!

milkman
10-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Neil Smith struggled until DT started lining up opposite Smith.
If Jared Allen continues to do well, it will help the rest of the Chiefs line, because he'll start getting more and more attention on his side.

Sims was just starting to play at a high level.

If he were able to come back and play at that same high level, he would command a double team, which would take some of that attention away from Allen, who would then become more of a force.

His (Sims) presense would also benefit Dalton and Hicks.
And Browning.