PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best packaged store cookie?

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 08:14 PM
While munching down a Chips Ahoy, I got to thinking...what is the best ever packaged cookie.
Oreo comes to mind first as the most popular.
Poll forthcoming.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I like those Vanilla Wafers sometimes...I think they are cookies. :shrug:

Jmart
10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
I dunno, but this gets my vote for "worst topic ever"

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
"Ever" covers alot you know.

Jmart
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
haha

Braincase
10-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Pepperidge Farm Sausolito's. Best manufactured chocolate chip cookie EVAR!

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Pepperidge Farm Sausolito's. Best manufactured chocolate chip cookie EVAR!

Now this is the kind of info I'm looking for.
Are these easily found like at a WalMart?

Nzoner
10-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll take the old fashioned ginger snaps and or Nabisco's Nutter Butter

Phobia
10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
There are no longer any good packaged cookies. They're all garbage.

SLAG
10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
GRANDMA'S

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I like those Vanilla Wafers sometimes...I think they are cookies. :shrug:
Vanilla Wafers are the bomb!

ChiefsFire
10-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Soft Batch choc chip

nuke for 20 secs,glass of ice cold milk,better than sex

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Soft Batch choc chip

nuke for 20 secs,glass of ice cold me,better than sex
Dude. That's just gross.

Nzoner
10-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Soft Batch choc chip

nuke for 20 secs,glass of ice cold milk,better than sex

If you ever get the opportunity to have something other than "store bought"sex,you'll change your tune.

ChiefsFire
10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Dude. That's just gross.
hehe

typo

i swear..

Rain Man
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Oreos are great, but my vote - and my heart - go to Keebler's Chocolate Covered Grahams.

unlurking
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll take the old fashioned ginger snaps and or Nabisco's Nutter Butter
I hear ya, but I been diggin' those mint fudge oreos lately.

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Nutter Butter's and Vienna Fingers are my favorite, followed closely by refrigerated chocolate-filled Oreo's.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Oreos are great, but my vote - and my heart - go to Keebler's Chocolate Covered Grahams.

Yes..Yes
Unfortunately I normally can only afford the generic versions.

Chieficus
10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Wal-Mart brand fudge stripe or kroger brand oatmeal with icing. Oh, and chewy chips ahoy ain't bad either...

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
A bit off topic but I have an issue with Little Debbie.

I've been eating her products for the better part of forever. Mom used to pack those oatmeal cream cookie things in my lunch as a kid. They were big, cream filled, oatmeal goodness on my palette.

Fast forward to last week. It had been ages since I had one of those little slices of oatmeal goodness. Probably the better part of 10 years. So here I am, grocery shopping and I walked past the Little Debbie section (she hasn't aged a bit!) and the boxes of cream filled oatmeal cookie things were calling my name. In a moment of weakness, I snatched up a box and took it home with me.

Earlier this evening, I finally cracked open the box to relive my youth. To my shock and horror, the large oatmeal pies had been replaced by their mutant dwarf cousin! These things are tiny! I was so angry!

Oh yeah, it seems that LITTLE Debbie has lived up to her name. Those once large cream pies have now been the victim of corporate down sizing. Little Debbie is obviously in this for the money and not to please me, the consumer.

That bitch.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Whats up with those air filled sugar wafer things? Its like the whole bag weighs like .02 ounces?
Are they an accident or a leftover thing?

Skip Towne
Devilsfood cookies.

Saulbadguy
Don't eat too many oreo's. The side effects are disturbing.

As for best store bought, Pepperidge Farm makes a mean cookie.

OldTownChief
10-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Oreo, there is no substitute.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:16 PM

I've been eating her products for the better part of forever. Mom used to pack those oatmeal cream cookie things in my lunch as a kid. They were big, cream filled, oatmeal goodness on my palette.

Fast forward to last week. It had been ages since I had one of those little slices of oatmeal goodness. Probably the better part of 10 years. So here I am, grocery shopping and I walked past the Little Debbie section (she hasn't aged a bit!) and the boxes of cream filled oatmeal cookie things were calling my name. In a moment of weakness, I snatched up a box and took it home with me.

Earlier this evening, I finally cracked open the box to relive my youth. To my shock and horror, the large oatmeal pies had been replaced by their mutant dwarf cousin! These things are tiny! I was so angry!

Oh yeah, it seems that LITTLE Debbie has lived up to her name. Those once large cream pies have now been the victim of corporate down sizing. Little Debbie is obviously in this for the money and not to please me, the consumer.

That bitch.

Speaking of Little Debbie, I have always loved Nutty Bars. I recently saw a box of Nutty Bars labeled "Peanut Butter Wafers". They were by Little Debbie, too. WTF is that? Although they were at the $1.00 store.

EH?
http://www.littledebbie.com/Images/products/wafers.gif
http://www.littledebbie.com/images/products/nutty1.gif

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Whats up with those air filled sugar wafer things? Its like the whole bag weighs like .02 ounces?
See also Pork Rines.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 09:18 PM

That bitch.

They have a too small and too big size now. :shrug:
That Little Debbie lives and makes her stuff about 20 miles west of me in Gentry, Arkansas.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Speaking of Little Debbie, I have always loved Nutty Bars. I recently saw a box of Nutty Bars labeled "Peanut Butter Wafers". They were by Little Debbie, too. WTF is that? Although they were at the $1.00 store.

EH?
http://www.littledebbie.com/Images/products/wafers.gif
http://www.littledebbie.com/images/products/nutty1.gif

ROFL
Good question.

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
That Little Debbie lives and makes her stuff about 20 miles west of me in Gentry, Arkansas.
When I was a kid, those oatmeal pies were HUGE. Now they are almost 1/2 the size they used to be. Next time you drive by Little Debbie's plant, stick your head out the window, raise your middle finger and yell, "YOU BITCH" at her for me.

Braincase
10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Now this is the kind of info I'm looking for.
Are these easily found like at a WalMart?

I wouldn't know. I never step foot in a Walmart unless I'm doing deputy duty with the fashin police and need a good laugh.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:22 PM
When I was a kid, those oatmeal pis were HUGE. Now they are almost 1/2 the size they used to be. Next time you drive by Little Debbie's plant, stick your head out the winmdow, raise your middle finger and yell, "YOU BITCH" at her for me.
They make a double decker, dude.

http://www.littledebbie.com/images/products/oat2.gif

OldTownChief
10-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Oreo, there is no substitute.

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 09:24 PM
They make a double decker, dude.

http://www.littledebbie.com/images/products/oat2.gif
I see how it is. Cut the size in half then, in order to get your fix, you have to buy twice as much at twice the price.

Greedy bitch.

chefsos
10-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Speaking of Little Debbie, I have always loved Nutty Buddies. I recently saw a box of Nutty Buddies labeled "Peanut Butter Wafers". They were by Little Debbie, too. WTF is that? Although they were at the $1.00 store.
It's the same piece, a little smaller box. ($1.29 Nutty Bars' wholesale is too high for them to sell for $1). They're made exclusively for dollar stores, prepriced $1.05 so they can charge $1 and it looks like a deal.

Also: Why does everyone call 'em Nutty Buddies? They're Nutty Bars. :)

Nzoner
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM

I don't know but my mrs can eat a whole package in one sitting.

chefsos
10-25-2005, 09:28 PM
I see how it is. Cut the size in half then, in order to get your fix, you have to buy twice as much at twice the price.

Greedy bitch.
ROFL

How did you think they could jam that big ass pie into that little box?

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
It's the same piece, a little smaller box. ($1.29 Nutty Bars' wholesale is too high for them to sell for $1). They're made exclusively for dollar stores, prepriced $1.05 so they can charge $1 and it looks like a deal.

Also: Why does everyone call 'em Nutty Buddies? They're Nutty Bars. :)
I went back and changed it after I realized my error.

unlurking
10-25-2005, 09:38 PM
I hear ya, but I been diggin' those mint fudge oreos lately.
So I'm guessin' everyone else here is too cheap to spend the $3 for the good oreos in a box?

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 09:41 PM

That bitch.

I used to love Oatmeal Cream Pies. In fact, I liked 'em so much that my mom got me like 10 boxes for my birthday about 12-15 years ago.

After finishing off those 10 boxes in about a week, I don't think I've ever bought another box since then.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Hydrox, FTW!

chefsos
10-25-2005, 09:43 PM
I went back and changed it after I realized my error.
It's not just you, nearly everyone I hear asking for them calls them that. I'm still kinda curious. (BTW, I work for a Little Debbie distributor.)

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 09:47 PM
When I was a kid, those oatmeal pies were HUGE. Now they are almost 1/2 the size they used to be. Next time you drive by Little Debbie's plant, stick your head out the window, raise your middle finger and yell, "YOU BITCH" at her for me.

They have new small ones but they still have the big ones. You just need to shop harder, I have some here at the house.
http://www.littledebbie.com/products/OatmealPies.asp

Uhhhhh....
Nevermind.... a lot of things happen when you go put kids to bed.

chefsos
10-25-2005, 09:50 PM
I used to love Oatmeal Cream Pies. In fact, I liked 'em so much that my mom got me like 10 boxes for my birthday about 12-15 years ago.

After finishing off those 10 boxes in about a week, I don't think I've ever bought another box since then.
I've still got no will power. I learned to stop bringing boxes of 'em home from work a while back, and lost 30lbs!

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I've still got no will power. I learned to stop bringing boxes of 'em home from work a while back, and lost 30lbs!

I'd be dead by now if I had your job.

cdcox
10-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Packaged cookies are not as good as homade. Plus many of them are loaded with trans fat. So my vote goes for the the Fig Newton! No trans fat, and you can't make them at home. Pretty tasty too!

Reaper16
10-25-2005, 10:32 PM
These Mrs. Fields White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut cookies I'm eating right now are pretty tasty.
My favorite packaged cookies come from John's Super, a lil grocery store that has locations in Excelsior Springs and Kearney, MO. Some cheap, cheap off-brand; I don't even remember the name. But they have these "coffee cookies," which is to say, hard, crisp oatmeal cookies with a layer of icing on them. Most delicious shits ever.

ChiefsFanatic
10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Pepperidge Farms Milanos

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Packaged cookies are not as good as homade. Plus many of them are loaded with trans fat. So my vote goes for the the Fig Newton! No trans fat, and you can't make them at home. Pretty tasty too!

"Who invite this kid?" :D

Ever here Brian Regan talking about fig newtons...funny stuff?

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Pepperidge Farms Milanos

OK.... Braincase mentioned these also....where can I find some to try out?

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone remember Archer brand cookies?

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 10:44 PM
I've been through Gentry many times but never saw any evidence of Little Debbie. Where does she live?

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 10:51 PM
I've been through Gentry many times but never saw any evidence of Little Debbie. Where does she live?

Up on the big hill in Gentry, the plant is north of Gentry and west of 59.

Lonewolf Ed
10-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Carr's ginger lemon cremes.

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Up on the big hill in Gentry, the plant is north of Gentry and west of 59.
Between Gentry and Decatur? I got close to there today. I went to Siloam Springs to get my license tags.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Between Gentry and Decatur? I got close to there today. I went to Siloam Springs to get my license tags.

Ya you were fairly close.
They have a thrift shop also that you can buy damaged boxed stuff for half or less....I think its only open certain days.
Definitely not Saturday!

Ultra Peanut
10-25-2005, 10:59 PM
"Did someone say Pecan Sandies?"

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 11:01 PM
"Did someone say Pecan Sandies?"

Never had those till about 7 years ago.....awesome cookie thats really hard to stop eating once started.
Coarse I guess that applies to any good cookie. :p

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 11:03 PM
You just wouldn't believe how much cheaper Arkansas is on tags than either Oklahoma or Kansas. I can tag in any of those states. Ar wanted $15 vehicle property tax + $27.75 for tthe tag. Both Oklahoma and Kansas wanted more than $100 property tax + the price of the ttag. So I drive the 100 miles once per year.

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 11:14 PM
You just wouldn't believe how much cheaper Arkansas is on tags than either Oklahoma or Kansas. I can tag in any of those states. Ar wanted $15 vehicle property tax + $27.75 for tthe tag. Both Oklahoma and Kansas wanted more than $100 property tax + the price of the ttag. So I drive the 100 miles once per year.

I knew Kansas was bad, dont know much about OK except there gas is usually cheaper.

chefsos
10-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Boy, I'm glad I live where I do. DE tags = $20. Flat.

AR, OK, KS charge property tax every time you get tags renewed?

This should be a whole new thread.

gblowfish
10-25-2005, 11:49 PM
There are no longer any good packaged cookies. They're all garbage.Not so fast. Archway Cookies made in Battle Creek, Michigan are very good. Tasty too. And they're not even in the poll. Shameful!
http://www.archwaycookies.com/

luv
10-26-2005, 12:53 AM
What about Soft Bake? Something like that.

ChiefFripp
10-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Pepperidge Farm always has the goods.

luv
10-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Actually, I would have to say Double Stuffed Oreos and a cold glass of milk. Man, I miss that.

It's not a cookie, but I also love to dip graham crackers in milk.

Demonpenz
10-26-2005, 02:05 AM
sams club bakery has these large boxes of cookies, i would take a picture but i ate them all

KcKing
10-26-2005, 03:09 AM
Soft Batch's....

Braincase
10-26-2005, 07:00 AM
OK.... Braincase mentioned these also....where can I find some to try out?

Milanos are for metrosexuals. Sausolitos are for men who like cookies and don't give a toot about whether the coordinate with the freakin' drapes.

Dillons, HyVee, and Kroger, Safeway, Albertsons...

Amnorix
10-26-2005, 08:22 AM
I dunno, but this gets my vote for "worst topic ever"

You definitely haven't been around for very long then...

C-Mac
10-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Not so fast. Archway Cookies made in Battle Creek, Michigan are very good. Tasty too. And they're not even in the poll. Shameful!
http://www.archwaycookies.com/

No but they are mentioned....see post #51.
My grandma used to bring those tasty cookies home for us when we visited.