PDA

View Full Version : Warfield at the Rib crib.

Halfcan
10-25-2005, 07:35 PM
I saw Warfield at the Rib Crib. Funny how I see this guy around town-Walmart ect, but don't run into any of the cool Chiefs.

What players have you guys seen in public?

Deberg_1990
10-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Why isnt Warfield "Cool" ???

Redcoats58
10-25-2005, 07:38 PM
You should have told him to get his shit together so he could help this team win.

VonneMarie
10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Tony Gonzalez and T.Rich came to my high school on seperate occasions and I saw Trent Green at a lot of the Royals game last season.

jjjayb
10-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I saw Dustin Colquitt at Radio Shack last night.

KCChiefsMan
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
I see KU basketball players at the bars on a nightly basis. They go to Brothers and Abe & Jakes quite a bit

jynni
I saw T Rich at Starbucks once.

Delano

You've seen his pictures haven't you?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Scanlon guest-preaches at my church.

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I saw Curtis McClinton at a gas station once.

OldTownChief
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Tell him to tell Dick to get his lips off McPassOn's ass.

SLAG
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I could have swore i saw some sort of NFL player at priscillas but I didnt know who he was... he was HUGE and had a white girl with him and on his phone talking like asking this dude why he wasnt coming to the "party" and that he was going to miss out on some fun

Chiefs Pantalones
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Mike Maslowski sacked my groceries the other night. I gave him a dollar tip.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I could have swore i saw some sort of NFL player at priscillas but I didnt know who he was... he was HUGE and had a white girl with him and on his phone talking like asking this dude why he wasnt coming to the "party" and that he was going to miss out on some fun

Did the party involve a boat?

OldTownChief
10-25-2005, 07:54 PM

For that you should have made him carry then to the car.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
For that you should have made him carry then to the car.

It would've took him forever. He's too slow.

AZORChiefFan
10-25-2005, 08:00 PM
When I lived in KC I ran into Will Shields a few times around 119th and Metcalf. Took a leak next to Tommy "the Duke" Morrison. Met Craig Paquetts brother out here in AZ.

Redcoats58
10-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Well we know this is not true, Maz was never fast enough to sack anything.

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 08:01 PM
When Kevin Carter played for the Rams, I saw him two nights in a row, the first night at Pepper's Deli and BBQ, then the next night at Dierberg's grocery store. Probably thought I was stalking him.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Rib Crib? Shame on you Eric Warfield.

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Took a leak next to Tommy "the Duke" Morrison.

I heard HIV can be spread by sharing urinals.

JimNasium
10-25-2005, 08:05 PM
What was he drinking?

Saulbadguy
I went to a KU basketball game a couple years back, when they lost to Richmond at home. Shawn Barber was there (U of Richmond Alum), with Eric Warfield, Billy Baber, Greg Wesley, William Bartee, and Shaunard Harts. I asked EW if I could have my picture taken with him and Shawn, and he said "Only if you know our names." He was cool about it. Shawn Barber was pretty rude though. He was laying down on the stairs and wouldn't move for people trying to get around him.

chief52
I heard HIV can be spread by sharing urinals.

Low Blow... :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
a 7th round safety becoming a starting CB is pretty cool in my book

Skip Towne
10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
How can a Rib Crib survive in KC? Are there that many stupid people in KC?

OldTownChief
10-25-2005, 08:10 PM

He carried helmets and towells for 2 years.

SLAG
10-25-2005, 08:13 PM
BTW Currently D. Washington Takes his daughter to the day care my mother in law works at, my wife worked for the same Day care a few years back and she used to watch E.Kennison's son as well. She states "Lil K" ;-) can Breakdance like a mo'fo

And Her Great- Grandmother Used to make the Uniforms for the chiefs Cheerleaders in the 1960's

JimNasium
10-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Low Blow... :shake:
Actually I thought Tommy was a tall dude.

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
And Her Great- Grandmother Used to make the Uniforms for the chiefs Cheerleaders in the 1960's

Loved those!

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Chiefspage7.html

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:22 PM

ROFL That's cruel. I like it.

StcChief
10-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Was he having beer too with his Ribs.

ENDelt260
10-25-2005, 08:30 PM
He quit drinking.

Halfcan
10-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Rib Crib has great food for a chain BBQ place, much better than Zarda's- at least you don't leave hungry. EW was drinking a coke not beer. But it was lunch time. I think he was with Sapp, but it was hard to tell, he had a stocking cap on. It was 8o degrees out-maybe I am old school but when did stocking caps become fashionable?

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
80 degrees out. Are you ****ing stupid?

siberian khatru
10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Rib Crib has great food for a chain BBQ place, much better than Zarda's- at least you don't leave hungry. EW was drinking a coke not beer. But it was lunch time. I think he was with Sapp, but it was hard to tell, he had a stocking cap on. It was 8o degrees out-maybe I am old school but when did stocking caps become fashionable?

Maybe they were getting ready to rob the place.

cdcox
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Darwin Walker, DT for the Eagles, was in a couple of the classes that I teach.

OldTownChief
10-25-2005, 09:04 PM

I think you're mistaking stocking caps with panty hose, thats very fashionable these days.

Halfcan
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
It was sunny and warm, okay maybe 78 yesterday afternoon. I had a short sleeve shirt on. And yes I am.

Sure-Oz
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
My mom met Vanover his rookie year at a jewelery store, shes met DT and Tony Gonzalez just yesterday.

shaneo69
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
My mom met Vanover his rookie year at a jewelery store, shes met DT and Tony Gonzalez just yesterday.

Derrick Thomas?

C-Mac
10-25-2005, 09:09 PM
You've seen his pictures haven't you?

:shrug:

Halfcan
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
I almost sold a house to Deron Cherry, we hung out a few days while we looked. Very cool dude, but then screwed me over at the last minute. I sold a house to Frank White-very nice guy-got to know him very well. Class act all the way. His trophy room is the bomb-he has like 5000 baseballs. I ran into him a couple times since and still, remembered my name after four years. All time Royal that should be in the HOF.

VonneMarie
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
:shrug:
ROFL

KC Jones
10-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I saw Derrick Thomas a couple of times at Tomfooleries. It was weird because on TV he was larger than life but in person he wasn't very big.

KCJake
10-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Took a leak next to Tommy "the Duke" Morrison. Met Craig Paquetts brother out here in AZ.
Scottsdale, AZ is by far the best place to "run into" athletes and celebs. I have a buddy that lives down there. He's on the party scene pretty much every weekend. Everytime I talk to him, he has a new story to tell.

beer bacon
10-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I get together with Roaf and Shields every once in a while to smoke a bowl.

carlos3652
10-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Trent Green @ Town Center in OP, I also saw DT @ the Old navy I used to work for (when i was in HS) the month before he died.

I saw tons of KU BB players @ Royals games...

Also know Cotts of W Sox, friend played with him in HS, his brother is tight

stanleychief
10-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Loved those!

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Chiefspage7.html

Oh man, you can't leave us hanging like that... did they set the record for the Macarena or what? (bottom of page)

Oddly enough, a Google search turns up nothing. Go figure! :p

ENDelt260
10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Scottsdale, AZ is by far the best place to "run into" athletes and celebs. I have a buddy that lives down there. He's on the party scene pretty much every weekend. Everytime I talk to him, he has a new story to tell.
Lots of people in Scottsdale tell stories I've found.

wutamess
10-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Saw Grisby at Fuel or Raouls a couple of weeks ago.
Seen TRich at my lil cousin's football game.
Play basksetball with Jayice Pearson from time to time.
Play basketball with Danan Hughes from time to time.
Saw Dale Carter at Hypermart years ago.
Saw Derrick Thomas at some club on 40Highway years ago also.
When I was a kid I served Kevin Ross lunch when I was at school.

KcMizzou
10-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Tony G. came into a car dealership that I worked at once. (years ago) Everyone knew I was a big Chiefs fan, and was saying I should go get an autograph. I just didn't wanna be "that guy". I said hey, and wished him luck for the season.

The only guy who DID get an autograph was a Steeler's fan. :sulk:

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2005, 12:03 AM
I met Warfield last summer in Osage Beach. He was at the car wash next to our business. He drives a Range Rover and I got his autograph.

NJ Chief Fan
10-26-2005, 01:18 AM
i smoked crack with lt before

KcKing
10-26-2005, 02:06 AM
I see Lots of diffrent players all the time at the barbershop I get my hair cut at... NaPPs in Olathe... Last Sat. J. Woods was in there when I got there, and Larry Johnson came in while I was in the chair getting my cut... The last few years i've seen Priest, Dante, G. West, Bam Morris (lol), B. Sapp, and even Freddie Mitchell during the Preseason this year... So if yer Chiefs Stalking, the barbershop is the place to go...

Mecca
10-26-2005, 04:43 AM
I see Lots of diffrent players all the time at the barbershop I get my hair cut at... NaPPs in Olathe... Last Sat. J. Woods was in there when I got there, and Larry Johnson came in while I was in the chair getting my cut... The last few years i've seen Priest, Dante, G. West, Bam Morris (lol), B. Sapp, and even Freddie Mitchell during the Preseason this year... So if yer Chiefs Stalking, the barbershop is the place to go...

Greg Wesley doesn't look like he's seen a barber in years........

ChiefsFan1965
10-26-2005, 06:45 AM
I saw Trent & his wife @ the Ingram's Magazine KC Top 40 Under 40 party last April. He asked if they could share my table-I was like umm, sure dude hehehe so I got about 1 & 1/2 hour of talking w/Trent. DV came in about 1/2 way thru so I was able to talk to him a little. Saw Trent & his wife again @ the movies about 3 weeks ago.

I saw several Chiefs last fall @ a KU Basketball game as I'm sitting about 8 rows up from the KU bench, and up comes Willie Roaf, followed minutes later by Gonzales & then Dante Hall looking for their seats. I could see Wesley, McCleon & Waters across the court as well.

My first time seeing all of them @ once was the Chiefs Kickoff Luncheon @ The Hyatt in Sept '04, prior to any games when spirits were high from coming off the 13-3 year; that was cool.

jynni
10-26-2005, 07:04 AM
How can a Rib Crib survive in KC? Are there that many stupid people in KC?
Is the Rib Crib up in Zona Rosa? If so that place has good food but the worst service I've ever had in my life. The people I was with said that the service had been bad the last time they were there but since it was during lunch they gave them a pass. We were the only table in the place for dinner and it was so bad the people I was with only left a dollar tip (and they usually over tip).

So yeah - I'm surprised that place is still there...

Here's a question - where the best place to get autographs? I mean without looking like a stalker fan. I know Sportsnutz has players the Saturdays before home games but is there anywhere else?

I really would like to get Trent, Tony G & Priest. The guy at Sportsnutz said they were all hard to get because the apperance fees were so high.

tomahawk kid
10-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Where are the Rib Crib's located at in KC?

Sounds like a "Famous Dave's" type of place.

GoTrav
10-26-2005, 07:07 AM
I saw Priest at the Prince concert. He walked up right behind us...and was just hanging outside Kemper before the show. I ran into a lot of Chiefs valeting though. Peterson, was always my fav...cheap bastard.

tomahawk kid
10-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Is the Rib Crib up in Zona Rosa? If so that place has good food but the worst service I've ever had in my life. The people I was with said that the service had been bad the last time they were there but since it was during lunch they gave them a pass. We were the only table in the place for dinner and it was so bad the people I was with only left a dollar tip (and they usually over tip).

So yeah - I'm surprised that place is still there...

Here's a question - where the best place to get autographs? I mean without looking like a stalker fan. I know Sportsnutz has players the Saturdays before home games but is there anywhere else?

I really would like to get Trent, Tony G & Priest. The guy at Sportsnutz said they were all hard to get because the apperance fees were so high.

Tony and Priest are almost impossible because of stated reason above.

Trent seems to sign a fair amount, you just have to keep your eyes open in the paper, internet etc.

I've also used www.signingshotline.com before, but only the free service. Every once in awhile, something will be listed in there.

GoTrav
10-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Where are the Rib Crib's located at in KC?

Sounds like a "Famous Dave's" type of place.

70 and Blue Parkway, or whatever they call that road...by the Center. It's right by H :p :p TERS

Braincase
10-26-2005, 07:50 AM
I almost sold a house to Deron Cherry, we hung out a few days while we looked. Very cool dude, but then screwed me over at the last minute. I sold a house to Frank White-very nice guy-got to know him very well. Class act all the way. His trophy room is the bomb-he has like 5000 baseballs. I ran into him a couple times since and still, remembered my name after four years. All time Royal that should be in the HOF.

You didn't by chance live next door to a former Royals manager, did you?

SquirrellyBastard
10-26-2005, 08:16 AM
I saw Derrick Alexander roll up in Benz at McDonald's once...fricking idiot.

Lonewolf Ed
10-26-2005, 08:21 AM
I saw Trent Green two years ago coming out of Barley's Brewhaus as I was going in. I said, "Hey, Trent, how's it going," and he actually stopped and talked to me for a minute. We did not discuss anything important, it was just idle chit-chat and pleasantries, but still, all he had to do was say hi or wave as he kept going and I'd have thought that was cool.

KC Kings
10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
I got a geat deal on a used car from Tamarik Vanover back a few years ago.

Bowser
10-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Warfield should get another four game suspension for eating at Rib Crib. The food there is shit, especially when there are so many other places to choose from.

BigRedChief
10-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I saw Derrick Thomas a couple of times at Tomfooleries. It was weird because on TV he was larger than life but in person he wasn't very big.

I talked with Derrick and Neal Smith after his radio show one time for a half and hour. Got him and Neal to sign my chiefs hat and personalize it to me. Even got my brother a signed DT radio show shirt. Was the bomb to talk Chiefs football with 2 of the best players ever to wear a Chiefs uniform in their prime. A very cherished memory. BTW, They were trashing Elvis and the offense and blaming them for the Indy loss not Elliot.

Brock
10-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I talked with Derrick and Neal Smith after his radio show one time for a half and hour. Got him and Neal to sign my chiefs hat and personalize it to me. Even got my brother a signed DT radio show shirt. Was the bomb to talk Chiefs football with 2 of the best players ever to wear a Chiefs uniform in their prime. A very cherished memory. BTW, They were trashing Elvis and the offense and blaming them for the Indy loss not Elliot.

I wonder why they would blame Elvis and not Bono. Then again, they never were the brightest bulbs in the bunch.

sedated
10-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I got punched in the face by Lin Tynes while I was at a bar in Wisconsin.

BigRedChief
10-26-2005, 09:41 AM
I wonder why they would blame Elvis and not Bono. Then again, they never were the brightest bulbs in the bunch.
It was circa 1996.