PDA

View Full Version : Goods and Services Sub-Forum

CosmicPal
10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I know we have a lot of Planeteers, like myself, who are business owners or offer independent or contract services. I think it would be nice to have a forum for those who would like to offer their goods and services to other Planeteers.

1. It would be a portal where we could offer and gain advice on a number of things.

2. Business owners can offer special discounts to Planeteers.

3. If I need some roofing work done on my house, it would be nice if I had known that "ChiefPlanetDude" does reputable roofing work.

4. If I would've known ENDelt was an attorney, I could've saved myself a ton of money on legal fees. I might have spent the rest of my life behind bars, but more importantly I saved money.

5. If I need to bake a lemon souffle pie or whatever, it'd be nice knowing ChefBob could pass on his recipe.

You get the drift. As a lot of you know, I bake organic goods and have my own organic pet treats company. I'd like to share my goods with those on the Planet, and at this time- you mention this ad, I'll give you a discount.

Braincase
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
If I need to get an estimated street value of something Star Wars related, I can always count on gochiefs. That original light sabre used in the original Star Wars movie by Darth Vader, complete with a certificate of authentication and the picture of me with James Earl Jones and DAvid Prowse where I received the sabre was a prized posession, but gochiefs was kind enough to tell me that it was worth $75.00 or maybe $85.00 depending on level of interest.

He decided to do me a favor and take it off my hands for $58.00 bucks and a signed baseball from Buddy Biancalana.

What a guy!

DMAC
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
I am a Shelter Insurance agent, and I would love to have all of my clients be Chiefs fans!!

they just have to live in Missouri.

Rain Man
10-26-2005, 11:42 AM
I've got Endelt defending me in a manslaughter trial right now. He's quite affordable.

StcChief
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I like the idea.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm for this.

Lzen
10-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I've got Endelt defending me in a manslaughter trial right now. He's quite affordable.

How do you keep him from showing up in court drunk?

jspchief
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, I own a roofing business.

Unfortunately, whatever money I might be able to save someone would be negated by the travel factor. Anything outside of the Des Moines metro already means increased prices. There's no way Missouri would be feasible.

However, I am more than willing to offer up any advice on the subject.

Rain Man
10-26-2005, 12:10 PM
How do you keep him from showing up in court drunk?

We figured out a win-win situation. Whenever he makes a good point in court, I give him a sip of beer.

jAZ
10-26-2005, 12:11 PM
This forum used to be just a general "for sale" forum. At some point "Tickets:" was added. There's no reason it can't be switched back, I'd say.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Brock
10-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, I own a roofing business.

Unfortunately, whatever money I might be able to save someone would be negated by the travel factor. Anything outside of the Des Moines metro already means increased prices. There's no way Missouri would be feasible.

However, I am more than willing to offer up any advice on the subject.

I am thinking next year I am going to build a new house, probably a post and beam building. Done any steel roofing? Good idea?

BigRedChief
10-26-2005, 12:26 PM
I like the idea also

jspchief
10-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I am thinking next year I am going to build a new house, probably a post and beam building. Done any steel roofing? Good idea?I've done some. I've actually spent more time in classrooms and seminars about steel roofing than actual time in the field.

Are you going to live in that house for the rest of your life? If not, steel probably isn't worth the money.

There are good and bad products out there, but overall, steel is an excellent roof product. It will last a long time, and endure things that an asphalt or cedar roof won't. The trade-off is cost. It's very expensive, and it's a cost that probably won't be recovered in a future sale of the home.

jspchief
10-26-2005, 12:39 PM
If you're looking for a more traditional looking roof, I would recommend Decra (http://www.decra.com/current2.html) . It has a granulated surface that looks a lot more like an asphalt shingle. A lot of people don't care for the shine of steel, and this eliminates that.

Metalworks (http://www.metalworksroof.com/) is probably the most common manufacturer out there. I don't think it's the best, but it is a good combination of quality and affordability.

If you're looking for standing seam, rather than a metal shingle, there are a lot of comparable manufacturers. Whatever brand is local or is used by your contractor will be fine.