PDA

View Full Version : Q: Chargers leading rusher last wk A: Drew Brees

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 07:35 PM
'nuff said. Who's really worried about LT2? Chiefs will cram it down his throat and Priest & Larry will run wild. Seriously, if Drew Brees is the leading rusher on the Chargers team last week...what does that say?

Brock
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
If you're not worried about Tomlinson, you're not paying attention.

Bowser
10-26-2005, 07:51 PM

Trent outrushed Priest a couple of weeks ago. Think San Diego is overlooking him?

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I watched the whole game last week, and I didn't see Tomlinson do too much. The Eagles didn't shut down Priest that well, and I think they should be the measuring stick. Perhaps if the Chiefs shut down Ricky Williams and Tomlinson in back to back games, people will realize how good the new "D" really is.

Phobia
10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I saw Tomlinson do plenty. I didn't see the big guys up front do much.

I'm really glad you're not on the Chiefs defensive staff.

Phobia
10-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Wow. I just saw the mention of Ricky Williams and omission of Brown. Nice job.

4th and Long
10-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Exaclty. Besides, if your going to make fun of the rushing yards, comparing a QB vs a RB, pick on the Ricky Williams/Gus Frerotte combo. Frerotte has more yard on the gound in one attempt in 2 weeks (1 carry against the Giants for 9 yards) than Williams has in two weeks (11 carries, 7 yards) combined.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2005, 08:01 PM
We did a pretty good job of stuffing Ronnie Brown except for the breakdown of one play. Even then, Miami's O-Line is one of the worst in the NFL, so I wouldn't be pounding our chest over that.

However, our Rush defense has been fairly consistent all season. We are in the top 10 statistically. We haven't given up too many long runs, either.

Sportswax
10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
One missed tackle on Brown is nothing to cry over. Not any more than crying when we get called for tackles in the back on Hall's returns.