PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football trade opinions

chop
10-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm torn on this trade right now. I've been offered Joe Horn, Andre Johnson, and Aaron Stecker for Kevin Jones and Jeramy Stevens.

All of the players that have been offered to me are currently injured.

My roster of players:

Rb- Julius Jones, Mewelde Moore, Kevin Jones, Stephan Davis, Kevan Barlow, and Marshall Faulk

Wr's- Donald Driver, Donte Stallworth, Santana Moss, Darryl Jackson, and Samie Parker.

TE- Jeremy Shockey, Jeramy Stevens, and Bubba Franks.

League scores 1 pt for every reception, 1 point for every ten yards receiving and rushing, 6 points for td's.

Starting lineup 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 W/R, 1 K, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB (obviously i didn't give you my entire team)

Show I do the trade. Kevin Jones got 20 carries this past Sunday and I'm worried about giving up on him too soon. I'm also concerned about Horn's hammy and Johnson's calf.

Decisions, decisions.

Brock
10-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't see what you're gaining.

farmerchief
10-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I sure dont see where you are improving your team any at all! Who knows how long Horns hammy is going to keep him off his normal pace. Your WR's are fine the way they are, and I sure wouldnt trade Stevens, as he would be my number one backup to Shockey. Jones has a good looking second half schedule, I wouldnt trade him now.

Miles
10-26-2005, 10:14 PM
I wouldnt do it. Who knows when Horn is comming back.

Shag
10-26-2005, 10:36 PM
No way.

wutamess
10-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Hell yeah you do it.
Horn will miss 2-3 more games tops.

Kevin Jones hasn't done anything for you the entire year and Stevens ins't consistent enough to be holding onto.

Horn will upgrade your receiving corpse while you basically lose nothing.

If A. Smith goes down for N.O. Stecker is a great option for you.

Coinsidering you only have to start 1 RB Stepen Davis is going to get the job done for you with most of his matchups the rest of the year.

I say DOIT!

Side Note:
Whenever Carr desides to take his head out of his ass... Johnson could pay off for you down the line too.

chop
10-27-2005, 06:54 AM
morning crew opinions wanted. thanks to everyone.

Mile High Mania
10-27-2005, 07:25 AM
So you want to trade what is now (thanks to injury) your 2nd best RB... for two guys that are injured (Horn and AJ) to sit on the bench alongside Darrell Jackson.

You would have the most kick ass IR list for WRs. Who knows when Horn returns ... if at all. Horn is on a bye in week 10, it's safe to say he's not playing in week 8, who knows about week 9. So, there's 3 games there he does nothing for you.

The loss of Stevans is nothing major. The loss of K Jones would be considerable in my opinion, especially when you look down the stretch at his playoff matchups. Julius is dinged up and Davis could be lost at any moment.

Stecker?

Seriously ... there's no way I do this. Don't buy into the "but if AJ and Horn become healthy" dream. We're in week 8... when do your playoffs start? We're approaching the point of the season soon when you should consider "ok, now should I drop Jackson?"

greg63
10-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Sure, why not? Of course you probably don't want to listen to me; I'm pretty much clueless about this stuff.

Seek
10-27-2005, 08:09 AM
No, He is obviously hurting for players since he is trying to dump of injured players. The trade does not help you.

Unless the proposed player is a buddy of yours, I see this trade only helping him an adding depth for you.

jspchief
10-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Break it down by position.

WR - You may play Horn over Moss and Driver on occasion, but it wouldn't be a huge upgrade. Minor upgrade.

WR - Andre Johnson has been aweful so far this year, and would never warrant a start over Moss or Driver IMO. Downgrade.

RB - Aaron Stecker? Are you ever going to play him over Moore, Jones, or Jones? Probably not, Downgrade.

So you get two players that you will likely never even start, and one player that you might start but won't give great production above what you already have. Looks like a "hell no" to me.

What exactly is appealing about this trade?

chop
10-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks for your advice.

I've been really concerned about Jones' numbers up to now so that is why I was somewhat considering this trade. Another downside to making the trade is that I would have three Saint players on my roster. That's too many players from one team.