PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Dye - World Series MVP

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Man, imagine that a former Royal wins the MVP. I think we need a Dammit David Glass!!! :cuss:

BigRedChief
10-27-2005, 12:09 AM
yep, Beltran, Dye and Damon was one helluva an outfield.

Demonpenz
10-27-2005, 12:11 AM
we had all those guys on one team and we still sucked

tk13
10-27-2005, 12:17 AM
He had a nice resurgence this year... he really hadn't been all that great the last couple years. He was never really the stud in Oakland that he was in KC. Started out slow this year too but came on strong and popped 30 homers.

Miles
10-27-2005, 12:17 AM
we had all those guys on one team and we still sucked

And Dye put up better numbers with the Royals than he did with anyone else.

ENDelt260
10-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Wow, I missed the entire world series.

Boozer
10-27-2005, 12:19 AM
I hope you're ****ing happy.

Frazod

So did Houston. ROFL

tk13
And Dye put up better numbers with the Royals than he did with anyone else.
Yeah, I think if he'd stayed in KC fans woulda turned on him because he wouldn't have lived up to the Mike Sweeney money we would've paid him... but now he's kinda seen as a popular guy who we let get away.

Miles
10-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I think if he'd stayed in KC fans woulda turned on him because he wouldn't have lived up to the Mike Sweeney money we would've paid him... but now he's kinda seen as a popular guy who we let get away.

I dont follow the AL all that closely but I seem to remember him having a hard time staying complety healthy during his time with Oakland.

ENDelt260
10-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I hope you're ****ing happy.
Well, I'm not ****ing at the moment.... but, I can't say I'm particularly sad either.

kregger
10-27-2005, 12:33 AM

He wanted out. He and his agent made it clear they were gone. THat is why we traded for ...Drum roll, please.... Neifi Perez!! Not one of Allard's better moves.

Boardin Bronco
10-27-2005, 12:39 AM
He had a nice resurgence this year... he really hadn't been all that great the last couple years. He was never really the stud in Oakland that he was in KC. Started out slow this year too but came on strong and popped 30 homers.

Comiskey Park II rivals the Ballpark in Arlington as the A.L.'s top HR park. Oakland is one of the pitcher friendly parks in the AL.

tk13
10-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Comiskey Park II rivals the Ballpark in Arlington as the A.L.'s top HR park. Oakland is one of the pitcher friendly parks in the AL.
I'm aware Oakland's a pitchers park, but I'm talking more about lack of production due to injury. He played full seasons his last two years in KC, and didn't really do it once in his time in Oakland...

Uatu
10-27-2005, 12:43 AM
He wanted out. He and his agent made it clear they were gone. THat is why we traded for ...Drum roll, please.... Neifi Perez!! Not one of Allard's better moves.

I heard on the radio that the Royals began shopping Dye but were significantly underwhelmed by the number of suitors they had for a possible trade. I guess the rest of the league didn't think a lot of him outside of a couple of teams. (Just what I heard on the local sports radio a while back. )

Boardin Bronco
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm aware Oakland's a pitchers park, but I'm talking more about lack of production due to injury. He played full seasons his last two years in KC, and didn't really do it once in his time in Oakland...

You're right. We all remember when he suffered that ugly broken stick in ALDS a few years back.

beavis
10-27-2005, 12:59 AM
I heard on the radio that the Royals began shopping Dye but were significantly underwhelmed by the number of suitors they had for a possible trade. I guess the rest of the league didn't think a lot of him outside of a couple of teams. (Just what I heard on the local sports radio a while back. )
I'd tend to believe that, given what we got out of him.

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Billy Beane screwed the Royals 3 damn times on trades. You would think Baird would learn.

Bob Dole
10-27-2005, 06:37 AM

Why would anyone offer much of anything when it's painfully obvious that the Royals aren't going to give anyone a decent paycheck and they'll just walk when their contract expires?

ChiefFripp
10-27-2005, 11:13 AM
The Royals are just a AAA team that trains stars for the real teams out there. I guess nobody told poor Sweeney.

beavis
10-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Why would anyone offer much of anything when it's painfully obvious that the Royals aren't going to give anyone a decent paycheck and they'll just walk when their contract expires?
Sincerely,
Mike Sweeney

Demonpenz
10-27-2005, 11:23 AM
berrora

Bowser
10-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Damon got his title last year, Dye this year.

Looks like I had best get to Vegas, and put money down on Beltran and the Mets winning it all next year.

Uatu
10-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, anyway, good for Dye.

But the White Sox are still a bunch of turdsurfers.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I am glad he got the MVP and got a ring definetly, probably the only white sock ill ever cheer for!

beavis
10-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Well, anyway, good for Dye.

But the White Sox are still a bunch of turdsurfers.
:clap:

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I am glad he got the MVP and got a ring definetly, probably the only white sock ill ever cheer for!

I was cheering for him and Joe Crede, who is from Westphalia, MO right outside Jeff City.

papasmurf
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I thought Crede should have won it

WilliamTheIrish
10-27-2005, 07:22 PM

True. Was Dye not a free agant at the end of that season?

No team was going to give fair market value for Dye to play out the string unless they had a real chance to sign him.

We took the best offer. Unfortunately, Neifi was a dog. Still is.

WilliamTheIrish
10-27-2005, 07:22 PM
yep, Beltran, Dye and Damon was one helluva an outfield.

... that lost 90 games.

WilliamTheIrish
10-27-2005, 07:29 PM
The Royals are just a AAA team that trains stars for the real teams out there.

Jesus, what a bunch of candy azzes.

I wonder if the Milwaukee board is cluttered with ridiculous posts about how Podsednik could have been part of a great OF, but Selig got screwed by the Sox GM?

Try remembering back to what the circumstances actually were instead retreading the same old tripe you hear on the local sports talk show.

Thig Lyfe
10-27-2005, 07:33 PM
I was going to post something about this...

Damon is part of a huge WS run last year, and this year Dye wins the WS MVP.

Next stop: Mets win it all.

The Royals are cursed.