PDA

View Full Version : Which will it be 5-2 or 4-3

greg63
10-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Next up is San D Eggo. Does any body have any thoughts as to how this one plays out?

The Chiefs have an advantage in that we are now 4-2 and we were given more time to heal and rest up for next Sundayís game. The Chargers are smarting over yet another very close loss and is going to come out of the shoots strong, IMO. We are going to have to bring our "A" game, contain LT and rattle Drew Breeze's cage. Offense will have to fire on all cylinders to score early and often against the Chargerís very tough "D". It's going to be a close one, IMO.

I'm just guessing, but I'll say 21-17 Chiefs

Sorry if this is a re-post.

tk13
10-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh great, another greg63 poll, sure to divide and destroy the Planet yet again. :)

greg63
10-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Oh great, another greg63 poll, sure to divide and destroy the Planet yet again. :)ROFLROFLROFL

You've once again uncovered my secret plan to bring down the Planet - thwarted again, curses!!!

elvomito
10-27-2005, 12:52 AM
5-2 and 1st place in the AFCw after the Broncos lose to Philly.

greg63
10-27-2005, 12:55 AM
5-2 and 1st place in the AFCw after the Broncos lose to Philly.

Works for me! :D

Fishpicker
10-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I think we will pull off a close victory. LT will have a mediocre (for him) day.

if we can get a lead and hang with it we have a good shot at a W.

I prognosticate a 28-24 win over the bolts

Count Zarth
10-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Right now, I'm expecting 4-3. I'll be pleased as punch if we win.

luv
10-27-2005, 01:00 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

You've once again uncovered my secret plan to bring down the Planet - thwarted again, curses!!!
Troublemaker.

elvomito
10-27-2005, 01:01 AM
keeping LT under 100yds total would be freaking amazing, but slightly possible.
Our offense must dominate for us to win.
And please, no turnovers.

B_Ambuehl
10-27-2005, 01:05 AM
4-3 and many here will piss and moan when it's over but they shouldn't. Less then 2 out of 10 times this season has any given NFL team won 2 consecutive on the road this year. The few teams that have done it have faced bad opposition. Anything can happen though but keeping things in perspective....4-3 is fine. Win 1 out of 2 on the road and 3 out of 4 at home for the year and you finish with 10 wins.

The road games are in groups of 2 which makes that simple to follow:
Mia
S.D
already won 1 out of 2

Buffalo
Houston
win one of those shouldn't be too difficult

NY Giants
Dallas
win one of those

home games:
Oak
Den
SD
NE
Cincy
win 4 out of 5

Maybe steal an extra road win and you're at 11 wins and I doubt if anybody will complain about that. This SD away game is probably the most difficult to pick up out of the remaining away games though.

greg63
10-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Troublemaker.

ROFL I'm not a bad person, just merely misunderstood.:p

greg63
10-27-2005, 01:08 AM
4-3 and many here will piss and moan when it's over but they shouldn't. ...
Nice prediction analysis. :thumb:

luv
10-27-2005, 01:10 AM
ROFL I'm not a bad person, just merely misunderstood.:p
I feel your pain.

I'll be optimistic and vote 5-2. However, I will prepare myself for the complaining that will go on if we should lose.

greg63
10-27-2005, 01:20 AM
I feel your pain.

I'll be optimistic and vote 5-2. However, I will prepare myself for the complaining that will go on if we should lose. ROFL
Right now I'm too tired to feel any pain! I've kinda taken the same view, sorta hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Well, good nite Planet, but I will be back tk13! ;)

Sportswax
10-27-2005, 01:41 AM
5-2 without a doubt. I'm more worried about the Denver/Philly game... but I think that one goes our way, too. Then we can lead the division outright after the Faders come to Arrowhead while the Donks recuperate with their bye.

keg in kc
10-27-2005, 03:56 AM
4-3.

If San Diego loses this game, their season's over. I'd love to end it, and I think we'll give them a game, but I don't expect to walk out of this one with a win. Although the way their luck is going (balancing out last year...), maybe we'll see some strange mojo.I will prepare myself for the complaining that will go on if we should lose.We could win by 40 and someone would find something to complain about.

Mecca
10-27-2005, 04:01 AM
4-3.

If San Diego loses this game, their season's over. I'd love to end it, and I think we'll give them a game, but I don't expect to walk out of this one with a win. Although the way their luck is going (balancing out last year...), maybe we'll see some strange mojo.We could win by 40 and someone would find something to complain about.

Even then we couldn't find as much to complain about as Jack Harry and Danny Clinkscale on the postgame.........

keg in kc
10-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Doug Franz does an admirable job with the complaining on 610's postgame show, too.

Mecca
10-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Doug Franz does an admirable job with the complaining on 610's postgame show, too.

Is he the guy who sounds like he got kicked in the balls before going on air? Then proceeds to talk really fast and make you go "huh what the hell did he just say?".

Bob Dole
10-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Which Chiefs team is scheduled to play this weekend?

greg63
10-27-2005, 06:36 AM

ROFL Good Question!

greg63
10-27-2005, 06:38 AM
4-3.

If San Diego loses this game, their season's over. I'd love to end it, and I think we'll give them a game, but I don't expect to walk out of this one with a win. Although the way their luck is going (balancing out last year...), maybe we'll see some strange mojo.We could win by 40 and someone would find something to complain about.

I'm for that!! :thumb:

Extra Point
10-27-2005, 06:43 AM

The one with the snot bubbles that want's to win!

the Talking Can
10-27-2005, 06:45 AM
if our d can hold the Chargers to 24 points, we'll win...or lose in OT....

greg63
10-27-2005, 06:49 AM
5-2 without a doubt. I'm more worried about the Denver/Philly game... but I think that one goes our way, too. Then we can lead the division outright after the Faders come to Arrowhead while the Donks recuperate with their bye.

I think I speak for all Chiefs fans when I say: "I like the scenario".

greg63
10-27-2005, 06:52 AM
The one with the snot bubbles that want's to win!

...And where do you get this strange and profond insight???:p

Gaz
10-27-2005, 07:13 AM
I expected wins against the Jets, Rai_ders [that substitution is really irritating, Mods], Redskins & Dolphins.

I thought we had a very good chance against the Eagles because of the injury to McNabb. Unfortunately, the injury/suspension of Roaf, Warfield & Welbourn negated that. Toss in the turnovers, and disappearance of the Offense and that one went downhill fast.

Invesco is always a tough game. I did not anticipate that the Broncos would totally dominate the Chiefs [as was the case], but I did not expect a win, particularly with Roaf out.

As has been mentioned, the Chargers do not enjoy the same home field advantage as Arrowhead or Invesco. Still, the Chiefs will be on the road for the second consecutive week and will be playing a good team that is desperate to show that they are not a bad team. Regardless of the crowd, Marty will have the Chargers pumped.

Our run Defense is much improved from last season. I doubt we will hold Tomlinson to -1 yards, but neither do I expect him to run all over us. Hopefully our improved LB corps can hold down his receiving threat.

I voted for a win, but that may be just wishful thinking. If I lock The Fan in his closet, I would have to give the edge to the Chargers. Home field. Desperate for a win. The Chiefs Offense is sporadic at best.

IMO, it all depends on how long the Chiefs Offense shows up in this one. They have a disturbing tendency to disappear for a while. If they do that in San Diego, the Defense is unlikely to hold the Chargersí Offense at bay.

I will be disappointed, but not surprised if we are 4-3 after this one.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to pencil in a loss, but not very confident, either.

Bob Dole
10-27-2005, 07:28 AM
if our d can hold the Chargers to 24 points, we'll win...or lose in OT....

If we can pressure Brees and get a pick, we'll win.

When Brees throws an INT, the Chargers are 0-4. When he doesn't, they're 3-0.

greg63
10-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I expected wins against the Jets, Rai_ders [that substitution is really irritating, Mods], Redskins & Dolphins.

I thought we had a very good chance against the Eagles because of the injury to McNabb. Unfortunately, the injury/suspension of Roaf, Warfield & Welbourn negated that. Toss in the turnovers, and disappearance of the Offense and that one went downhill fast.

Invesco is always a tough game. I did not anticipate that the Broncos would totally dominate the Chiefs [as was the case], but I did not expect a win, particularly with Roaf out.

As has been mentioned, the Chargers do not enjoy the same home field advantage as Arrowhead or Invesco. Still, the Chiefs will be on the road for the second consecutive week and will be playing a good team that is desperate to show that they are not a bad team. Regardless of the crowd, Marty will have the Chargers pumped.

Our run Defense is much improved from last season. I doubt we will hold Tomlinson to -1 yards, but neither do I expect him to run all over us. Hopefully our improved LB corps can hold down his receiving threat.

I voted for a win, but that may be just wishful thinking. If I lock The Fan in his closet, I would have to give the edge to the Chargers. Home field. Desperate for a win. The Chiefs Offense is sporadic at best.

IMO, it all depends on how long the Chiefs Offense shows up in this one. They have a disturbing tendency to disappear for a while. If they do that in San Diego, the Defense is unlikely to hold the Chargersí Offense at bay.

I will be disappointed, but not surprised if we are 4-3 after this one.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to pencil in a loss, but not very confident, either.

Great pre-game analysis Gaz! As always your insight is very profound. :thumb:

HemiEd
10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I anticipate a Chiefs blowout, 46-10. Stick a fork in the bolts, they had their once per decade splash.

htismaqe
10-27-2005, 08:44 AM
If we can pressure Brees and get a pick, we'll win.

When Brees throws an INT, the Chargers are 0-4. When he doesn't, they're 3-0.

Bingo.

Bob Dole found this weeks "key to victory".

shakesthecat
10-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I didn't think KC would win last week, and I don't think they will this week.

Area 51
10-27-2005, 09:37 AM
You left out the 4-2-1 option.

Phobia
10-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Ya know? I'm going to swing on this one. I'm changing my loss prediction. The Chiefs offense has been notoriously slow to get going every year. This is that game. Gonzo puts up 2 TD's in front of his friends and family and the Chiefs win by a TD.

acasas4
10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I was impressed(and surprised) by the way the Chiefs O-line pushed around Miami's D. I really believe our offense is hitting it's stride and the D is improving every week. I haven't seen them hit people like they are now for years. IMO Marty will have his team ready but I'll take the Chiefs 27-20. :thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
10-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Regardless of what happens, the Chargers season is already over. Four losses in seven games? That's too much for the AFC at this point in the season, IMO.

I hope we win, but we've all come to know our Chiefs real well over the years, so I won't be surprised if we lose, even in a blowout. We all hope one day the whole team finally takes the diapers off.

elvomito
10-27-2005, 11:53 AM
...Less then 2 out of 10 times this season has any given NFL team won 2 consecutive on the road this year...
Playoff teams win on the road. KC won in Florida! that means something, no matter how sorry the fins are.
If this team is going to get better as the season progresses and do something in the playoffs, this game will show it. I beleive they will.
Great teams beat great teams. I believe the chiefs can be great. So what if it took 7 games for things to click?

sedated
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
If Grandpa decides to run the damn ball we can't lose...to anyone (including the Dolts).

We can stop LT with DJ locked up on Gates 1-on-1 (this will be our first game against a really athletic TE) he can show us his speed and quickness.

Cormac
10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I am not expecting a win this week. I think our chances are about 40-60 in this one. We never seem to play well in SD, for whatever reason. SD are a very good team with real talent at the offensive skill positions (LT, Gates, McCardell) and a strong defensive front. I expect they'll score at least 24 points on us, despite our improved D. In order to win, we'll need at least 150 yards rushing and probably 35 minutes TOP. Our passing offense just isn't clicking the way it would need to in order to win a shootout against them.

Having said that, I'm really hopeful. A win in this game makes us look legit. A loss, and we still have a shot at the playoffs.

My prediction: 28-24 either way, but probably San Diego getting the win.

B_Ambuehl
10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Playoff teams win on the road. KC won in Florida! That means something, no matter how sorry the fins are.

Every team this year good or bad playoff or non-playoffs faced with the opportunity to win 2 road games in a row this year has faultered. The only team that has done it this year is Indy and they played 2 very poor teams with losing records. Philly didn't do it. Pittsburgh didn't do it. NE didn't do it.

I'm sure afterwards peple will say this is not a playoff team but there's a reason the line has them losing by 6 +.

htismaqe
10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Every team this year good or bad playoff or non-playoffs faced with the opportunity to win 2 road games in a row this year has faultered. The only team that has done it this year is Indy and they played 2 very poor teams with losing records. Philly didn't do it. Pittsburgh didn't do it. NE didn't do it.

I'm sure afterwards peple will say this is not a playoff team but there's a reason the line has them losing by 6 +.

We're gonna be the first team to win back-to-back road games this year and people will still say this is not a playoff team.

CoMoChief
10-27-2005, 12:28 PM
What did LT2 do the last time against us? Did he light us up or did we contain him?

CoMoChief
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
We're gonna be the first team to win back-to-back road games this year and people will still say this is not a playoff team.

IMO, let them say that but for whats it's worth, nobody is a playoff team yet. I would like to be the team that comes out of the dark and kicks other teams asses like SD did last season. Everyone knows about our offense and what it can do. Hopefully our defense will get better and we can get into more of a groove on offense and we start peaking at playoff time.

htismaqe
10-27-2005, 12:33 PM
What did LT2 do the last time against us? Did he light us up or did we contain him?

The last 2 times at Arrowhead, we've done well.

He didn't play against at home last year, but in 2003 @ Sandy Eggo he lit us up.

Garcia Bronco
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
5-2...Chiefs will be too much for the Chargers.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
5-2...Chiefs will be too much for the Chargers.

:cuss: :deevee:

Not again!!!!

4-3 here we come!

Garcia Bronco
10-27-2005, 01:09 PM
LOL

Chiefs Pantalones
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM
LOL

May the Mannings haunt you forEVAR!!!

keg in kc
10-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Vagina Tech's going to win by 300 tonight. 300. BC has no chance. No chance.

greg63
10-27-2005, 10:40 PM
You left out the 4-2-1 option.

I thought about it, but I think the chances are pretty much nill.

Garcia Bronco
10-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Vagina Tech's going to win by 300 tonight. 300. BC has no chance. No chance.

You're like a Prophet....holy one.:)

Garcia Bronco
10-28-2005, 12:39 PM
May the Mannings haunt you forEVAR!!!

Mission accomplished.

keg in kc
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
You're like a Prophet....holy one.I like Vagina Tech, I just had to hit close to home. I'd rather see them in the Title game then Texas. Beat Miami.