PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant

Nzoner
10-28-2005, 01:05 PM
I just recently obtained a copy of his newest project Mighty Rearranger from a client of mine and all I can say is wow,the entire project is A+ from start to finish.

Just wanted to give a shout out for this great cd because I doubt it's been played on too many stations.If you're a Plant fan whatsoever you owe it to yourself to check it out.

With his backup band, Strange Sensation, Plant experiments with soft blues, psychedlia, and African rhythms. It's impossible to compare this to any of Plant's previous albums, because of his talent for innovation and change. The album's title aptly describes the artist. (http://classicrock.about.com/od/cdandconcertreviews/gr/plant_mighty.htm)

Robert Plant - "Mighty Rearranger"
Your Guide, Dave White From Dave White,
Your Guide to Classic Rock.

Guide Rating - rating 4 1/2 stars of 5
The Bottom Line

Like fine wine and good cheese, Robert Plant gets better with age.

Mighty Rearranger"
At age 56, and with 12 previous solo albums to his credit since Led Zeppelin disbanded, Robert Plant is still experimenting. Based on this CD, the latest experiment is an unqualified success.

Plant is one of those rare vocalists (James Taylor and Carole King being among the few others) who actually sound better in their 50s and 60s than they did when they were at the peak of their commercial success.

With his backup band, Strange Sensation, Plant experiments with soft blues, psychedlia, and African rhythms. It's impossible to compare this to any of Plant's previous albums, because of his talent for innovation and change. The album's title aptly describes the artist.

It's impossible to fully appreciate this CD until you hear it several times. Each pass reveals additional nuances of intricate musicianship. My only gripe with this album is that it ends too soon. Fortunately, there's every reason to believe that we can look forward to many more Plant experiments in the years to come.

Tracks:
1. Another Tribe
2. Shine It All Around
3. Freedom Fries
4. Tin Pan Valley
5. All the Kings Horses
6. The Enchanter
7. Takamba
8. Dancing In Heaven
9. Somebody Knocking
10. Let the Four Winds Blow
11. Mighty Rearranger
12. Brother Ray
Bonus Track: Shine It All Around (remix)

Fish
10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Link to download???

Just kidding.............................

4th and Long
10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Bob Plant is a GOD!

BigRedChief
10-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Bob Plant is a GOD!
How would you have like to have been on tour with those dudes circe 1969-1972?

Pitt Gorilla
10-28-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm not really in the know; why doesn't an incredible band like Zep get back together? They would sell out show after show, not to mention likely create incredible music.

KS Smitty
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I heard quite a bit of it at the St. Joe fundraiser. It is an excellent CD and is on my next to buy list. I probably never would have heard any of it if it hadn't been for 'zoner. Really good tuneage.

4th and Long
10-28-2005, 02:03 PM
How would you have like to have been on tour with those dudes circe 1969-1972?
I'm not sure how Bob and Jimmy would have felt about an 8 year old running around on stage.

alanm
10-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm not really in the know; why doesn't an incredible band like Zep get back together? They would sell out show after show, not to mention likely create incredible music.
Because like the Beatles there's only 2 of them left. Besides they've already done Plant and Page.

Pitt Gorilla
10-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Because like the Beatles there's only 2 of them left. Besides they've already done Plant and Page.Ok, I don't know that much about Zep, but I thought at least 3 were still living. John Paul Jones, Plant, and Page.

alanm
10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok, I don't know that much about Zep, but I thought at least 3 were still living. John Paul Jones, Plant, and Page.
JPJ died I think it was last year in Denver? Cocaine overdose that led to a heart attack. :( I think it was right before a Zep reunion tour was about to start.

Pitt Gorilla
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
JPJ died I think it was last year in Denver? Cocaine overdose. :( I think it was right before a Zep reunion tour was about to start.Damn, that sucks. We get screwed out of great music...

BigChiefFan
10-28-2005, 03:48 PM
JPJ died I think it was last year in Denver? Cocaine overdose that led to a heart attack. :( I think it was right before a Zep reunion tour was about to start.
Dude, I think you are out of your mind with that last comment. I'm a huge Zep fan and I don't recall hearing anything about that. IN FACT, John Paul Jones worked on the current Foo Fighter record, which came out THIS YEAR!!!! Blasphemy.

BigChiefFan
10-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Exposed....
http://www.johnpauljones.com/home.html

WTF?

Nzoner
10-28-2005, 03:59 PM

Are you possibly thinking of John Entwistle of The Who?

Pitt Gorilla
10-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Let me ask again. Why don't these guys get back together?

memyselfI
10-28-2005, 04:19 PM
I posted a thread like this sometime in July. Welcome to the club. ;) He's fantastic. We saw him in Denver over the summer. Took the whole family...actually scheduled our family vacation around the concert.

memyselfI
10-28-2005, 04:20 PM

JPJ is very much alive. There has NOT been a Zep reunion tour. You are thinking of John Entwhistle and that was three years ago.

memyselfI
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Because Bonzo is dead. They could not recreate the same magic without him. That is why. Page and Plant have toured, without JPJ, and it's fantastic. They do some great Zeppelin songs but they cannot recreate the same magic, even with JPJ, without Bonzo.

Nzoner
10-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Let me ask again. Why don't these guys get back together?

I remember when Bonzo died and the band said that's it,there's no replacing him,I'm assuming this is the reason.

I do remember in 1985 though when they did the Live Aid concert and Phil Collins sat in on drums,it wasn't bad.I only wished when they released the Live Aid DVD that Zep would've consented to having that on the 4 disc set but they didn't.

memyselfI
10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
I remember when Bonzo died and the band said that's it,there's no replacing him,I'm assuming this is the reason.

I do remember in 1985 though when they did the Live Aid concert and Phil Collins sat in on drums,it wasn't bad.I only wished when they released the Live Aid DVD that Zep would've consented to having that on the 4 disc set but they didn't.

They've also played with Jason Bonham at the drums.

I also think some of it has been RP's reluctance to embrace his LZ heritage. He felt he needed to excel outside of LZ and build a career of his own music. I know on some of his previous solo tours he did no LZ material. But with age has come his embracing that aspect of his musical being and now he plays the music and seems to enjoy doing it. I am inclined to think another Page/Plant tour is more likely than a LZ reunion.

FloridaChief
10-28-2005, 05:12 PM
I only wished when they released the Live Aid DVD that Zep would've consented to having that on the 4 disc set but they didn't.

Or maybe it was because of this...

Plant Admits Live Aid Performance Was Cr*p
Former LED ZEPPELIN frontman ROBERT PLANT has branded the band's infamous performance at LIVE AID cr*p.

The group's former members - Plant, JIMMY PAGE and JOHN PAUL JONES - refused to allow footage of their performance at the 1985 concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, be used in the DVD release last year (04), because their set was "sub-standard".

In reflection, Plant admits, "There was a consensus of opinion that our performance was really s**t. We didn't perform very well, it wasn't recorded well and everything about it was cr*p.

Link (http://www.led-zeppelin.org/news/index.php?m=current#051105a)

Sig Kauffman
10-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I know on some of his previous solo tours he did no LZ material. But with age has come his embracing that aspect of his musical being and now he plays the music and seems to enjoy doing it.

I've noticed the same with Paul McCartney in recent years. He's starting to perform more of his Beatles hits (he did "Drive My Car" and "Hey Jude" at the Super Bowl halftime show). That actually surprises me, since every time he performs a song he wrote with John Lennon, it's Michael Jackson who gets the money.

4th and Long
10-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I've noticed the same with Paul McCartney in recent years. He's starting to perform more of his Beatles hits (he did "Drive My Car" and "Hey Jude" at the Super Bowl halftime show).
... which kicked MUCHO ASS!!!

alanm
10-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Are you possibly thinking of John Entwistle of The Who?
Damn my bad. I feel so STOOOOOOOOPID. :banghead: :doh!:

stevieray
10-28-2005, 07:40 PM

"that deaf dumb and blind kid
sure plays a mean pinball'

one of Zep's greatest.

alanm
10-28-2005, 07:53 PM
"that deaf dumb and blind kid
sure plays a mean pinball'

one of Zep's greatest.
:thumb: ROFL

Wa-Z
10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
can any of you guys play jimmy on the guitar?

ZepSinger
10-28-2005, 10:46 PM
can any of you guys play jimmy on the guitar?

Stairway is a staple of all guitar players who grew up loving these guys.
BTW- I went to the Plant website and finally saw some new pics of him.
MAN, aging is hell.

Z

Lonewolf Ed
10-28-2005, 11:03 PM

The main reason is out of respect for John Bonham. When he died, Plant said there was no more Led Zeppelin without him. There was talk of a reunion show with Bonham's son, Jason, but that fizzled out mainly due to John Paul Jones. He has completely moved on, and has closed the Zeppelin chapter of his life for good so it seems. He is happy making movie soundtracks now and dabbling in some solo stuff. I saw Page and Plant in KC several years ago on their Walking into Clarksdale tour, and they played mostly Zeppelin tunes. It was the best concert I have seen and the crowd was electric like a Monday Night game at Arrowhead vs. an AFC West opponent. Half a Led Zeppelin concert still kicked all sorts of ass.

Nzoner
10-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Or maybe it was because of this...

Plant Admits Live Aid Performance Was Cr*p
Former LED ZEPPELIN frontman ROBERT PLANT has branded the band's infamous performance at LIVE AID cr*p.

The group's former members - Plant, JIMMY PAGE and JOHN PAUL JONES - refused to allow footage of their performance at the 1985 concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, be used in the DVD release last year (04), because their set was "sub-standard".

In reflection, Plant admits, "There was a consensus of opinion that our performance was really s**t. We didn't perform very well, it wasn't recorded well and everything about it was cr*p.

Link (http://www.led-zeppelin.org/news/index.php?m=current#051105a)

Thanks,now I know why.

Guess that means we should disregard my comment about the performance being decent,however,in my defense that was 20 years and a helluva lot of brain cells ago.

Archie F. Swin
10-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Mighty Rear Ranger!?

WTF!!?

Herzig
10-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Mighty Rear Ranger!?

WTF!!?
ROFL ROFL Where's Skip at?

luv
10-29-2005, 01:32 AM
ROFL ROFL Where's Skip at?
What are you doing up past your bedtime?

KingPriest2
10-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Because like the Beatles there's only 2 of them left. Besides they've already done Plant and Page.

John Paul Jones is alive. Bonhams son could play drums.

Herzig
10-29-2005, 09:42 AM
What are you doing up past your bedtime?

Sorry...I went to bed after that last post!

BigChiefFan
10-29-2005, 10:18 AM
After looking at how I responded, I may have been a little harsh-I just love the Zep-it reminds me of the partying times and you freaked me out thinking I had gotten soft and not known that JPJ had actually died. It was a reminder of getting older, thinking I had actually missed news of a fabulous musician's death that I had some how missed. I'm glad JPJ is still alive and well. I also I hope I didn't harsh on you too much. Rock on!