PDA

View Full Version : I go HD on Tuesday!!!

ZepSinger
10-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Finally. I've had my HD-ready 57" widescreen for over a year now, and can now capitalize on the Time Warner bundle(have had RoadRunner for almost a year). As of Tuesday, I will be entering the fantastic world of High Definition television. So tell me, HD people- is watching the game in HD da bomb? I'm more than a bit excited... :)

Z

Dartgod
10-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I've been saying all along, HD is over rated.

Ugly Duck
10-30-2005, 08:56 AM
So tell me, HD people- is watching the game in HD da bomb? I'm more than a bit excitedIt makes such a huge gigantous difference watching a game in HD. I gotta LCD flatscreen that just rocks. It really is jawdropping its so amazingly incredibly clear and sharp. You are going to totally trip out!

Vegas_Dave
10-30-2005, 08:56 AM
HD is Fan-freakin-tastic!

You will be amazed at the picture quality of a HD signal.

Try and find out if your TV is able to accept a 720p HD picture instead of the standard 1080i.

If so, then check with Time Warner about how to get a 720p signal.

For me, COX out here said that they only recommend the 1080i signal. So I got the actual manufacturer's instructions on how to set my box to accept the multiple signals.

Now low and behold, all of the FOX, CBS & NBC HD signals coming locally are in 720p. :)

Especially when it comes to sports and quick action, the 720p pictures is cleaner then the 1080i.

icepick64
10-30-2005, 08:57 AM
you won't want to go back to regular tv

Shag
10-30-2005, 08:59 AM
I've been saying all along, HD is over rated.

You're drunk. HD is to std-def as color was to B&W. I can hardly stand watching sports in std-def anymore, the difference is so great...

Dartgod
10-30-2005, 09:32 AM
You're drunk. HD is to std-def as color was to B&W. I can hardly stand watching sports in std-def anymore, the difference is so great...Yeah, that was a tiny bit of sarcasm...

I agree, HD does indeed rock.

JBucc
10-30-2005, 09:37 AM
IDK I don't have HD I'm too poor

Swanman
10-30-2005, 09:58 AM
After you watch a football game in HD, you'll have a hard time watching a normal broadcast. The picture quality difference is night and day.

Just make sure you have the correct connections to get the best HD picture. If your set has HD built-in, then you might be able to plug the cable right into the set and you'll be ready to go. If the programming comes from the cable box, make sure you have the box connected to the tv by either HDMI, DVI or component cables. HDMI and DVI are reportedly the best (I have DVI) but I haven't seen much of a difference when using component cables, so you should be good with any of the three.

DeepPurple
10-30-2005, 10:04 AM
I went HD in July with a Sony LCD and Comcast Digital Plus, everything from channel 101 through 250 is digital, so even though it's not HD it's still better. I very seldom use the stretch feature if the program is not in wide-screen, so not only will you search out HD but those that are in wide-screen. Last night the ESPN Michigan/Northwestern game was incredible, yesterday the Florida/Georgia game was unreal, the FSU/Maryland game on ABC was a terrible analog picture, even on the local ABC HD channel, that's the case with most ABC college games on Saturday. I placed my older 32" regular TV next to my new TV, so like yesterday I have the HD Florida/Georgia game on the HD set and the FSU/Maryland analog game on the old 32" TV. Then later last night I watched the new Audioslave Live in Cuba DVD on my progressive scan player in wide-screen, it's hard to stop watching TV.

alpha_omega
10-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Congrats Zep...HD is the S**t!!!!!!!

This should come in handy.
http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-30-2005, 10:51 AM
i am lucky to see the game on a tv period.

normaly it is radio all the way

SLAG
10-30-2005, 11:05 AM
HD IS THE BEST!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2774308

chief99
10-30-2005, 11:46 AM
What happens when they come out with newer higher resolution HDTV (4000x2000) ??

Guess you all will get real pissed.