PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green for MVP?

Taco John
10-31-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm hearing a lot of folks saying that Jake Plummer is a top three MVP candidate for the season. Since I know from reading here that couldn't be possible, I was hoping to get a good argument for Trent Green to be the MVP... Seeing that he's hands down better than Jake and all...

What say you?

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 05:59 PM
It looks to me like Shaun Alexander will easily win MVP this year, but there's a lot of football left to be played.

Plummer is certainly a candidate with the way he is playing right now. Anyone that says otherwise is just a homer.

Trent Green is obviously not a candidate. His team is 4-3 and he only has 6 touchdown passes.

Jake will have to keep it up of course. We all know how things unraveled down the stretch last year. ;)

Dartgod
F*ck off troll.

Pitt Gorilla
Jake has a better record.

HemiEd
10-31-2005, 06:00 PM
I hope Jake wakes up soon.

Dunit35
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Its just the midway point in season, talk to me about Jake when its week 17.

GoTrav
10-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Eli Manning

CosmicPal
10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
That *****in' hippie of a QB owes me a bag of weed.

Iowanian
Plummer is half the QB of Carson Palmer and Eli Manning just for starters, let alone Shawn Alexander.

Lay off the man pickle shaped crack pipe.

Cochise
Plummer's playing well right now, no doubt about it.

I might vote for Palmer over Plummer right now, but he's the only other one I can think of. Barber and Manning beat up each other's MVP stock. Alexander perhaps could be mentioned, along with James.

Everything is going right for Plummer now, Green hasn't had any protection and has jack for people catching the ball outside Tony and the playcalling has hurt us. Green is still the superior QB but since this is an MVP discussion he of course doesn't deserve mention.

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 06:07 PM
I tell you what's amazing.

Tatum Bell is averaging 7 yards per carry.

tk13
10-31-2005, 06:14 PM
I tell you what's amazing.

Tatum Bell is averaging 7 yards per carry.
They're using him like we were trying to use Larry Johnson, or how we should be using him, except it's working. He's a great change of pace. I caught the announcers even referring to it during the Broncos broadcast yesterday... how they like having the breakaway threat being #2 so he can get 10-15 fresh carries a game as opposed to overloading him with carries. A wise man before the season said we should do this with LJ and he could put up some sick ypc numbers. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for us... but I think the concept has worked well for them.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Jake Plummer MVP?

http://www.nfl.com/images/nflnetwork/jake_plummer_240x200.jpg

......... :hmmm:

http://www.paws-and-tails.com/ProductImages/silverfoot/tn%20half%20inch%205%20foot%20leash.jpg

Nahhh...

HolmeZz
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Not ****ing up doesn't make you an MVP candidate.

Trent Green's the better QB. Just because Plummer won't throw 20 picks this year like he usually does won't change that.

GoTrav
10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
other than Woody "durr-durr" Paige who else is touting Plummet as an MVP?

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
They're using him like we were trying to use Larry Johnson, or how we should be using him, except it's working. He's a great change of pace. I caught the announcers even referring to it during the Broncos broadcast yesterday... how they like having the breakaway threat being #2 so he can get 10-15 fresh carries a game as opposed to overloading him with carries. A wise man before the season said we should do this with LJ and he could put up some sick ypc numbers. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for us... but I think the concept has worked well for them.

I'm not sure what concept the Broncos are using for the RB rotation, maybe Taco can enlighten us.

HolmeZz
other than Woody "durr-durr" Paige who else is touting Plummet as an MVP?

Tom Jackson. ROFL

Brock
Who's the ****ing moron touting Jake? Peter King?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Just because Plummer won't throw 20 picks this year

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

The season isn't over yet man.

GoTrav
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Tom Jackson. ROFL

someone call the horseman Shannon Sharpe.

tk13
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure what concept the Broncos are using for the RB rotation, maybe Taco can enlighten us.
Oh I don't think they really have a pattern like we do, I meant the announcers said the coaching staff told them they liked having Tatum just carry the ball 10-15ish times, stay fresh, and kinda use him as a change of pace/breakaway threat.

tk13
10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Tom Jackson. ROFL
I'm pretty sure they also discussed it on Sportscenter tonight... Salisbury was raving over Shanahan's coaching job this year, playcalling, blah blah blah. It's been discussed on a lot of the ESPN shows this afternoon.

OldTownChief
10-31-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm hearing a lot of folks saying that Jake Plummer is a top three MVP candidate for the season. Since I know from reading here that couldn't be possible, I was hoping to get a good argument for Trent Green to be the MVP... Seeing that he's hands down better than Jake and all...

What say you?

So you're back on Jake's steak again dumb ass? Better go delete some of your threads on that shit hole site of yours or you will look pretty silly here.

Hoover
10-31-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm very impressed with Denver thus far. I think Jake for MVP is a bit crazy. I still can't see Denver not winning this division, they don't have that many tough games left IMO.

Raiderhader
10-31-2005, 06:38 PM
It looks to me like Shaun Alexander will easily win MVP this year, but there's a lot of football left to be played.

If Steve Smith continues the rest of the season the way he has been playing the last few weeks, I'm not sure how easy it will be for Alexander to walk away with it.

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
I'd be all over Trent if he was playing as well as Plummer is playing. I've watched most of the Denver games this year and he really is playing much better. 2 of the last 3 games he's been a big-time playmaker in the offense.

We can only hope it's a mirage.

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
If Steve Smith continues the rest of the season the way he has been playing the last few weeks, I'm not sure how easy it will be for Alexander to walk away with it.

When was the last time a WR won MVP? I think Alexander will win it, he'll score 20+ TDs easy.

HemiEd
10-31-2005, 06:44 PM
I'd be all over Trent if he was playing as well as Plummer is playing. I've watched most of the Denver games this year and he really is playing much better. 2 of the last 3 games he's been a big-time playmaker in the offense.

I hate to admit it, but he is playing like I was afraid he would when they picked him up. That really sucks, hope it changes soon.

tk13
10-31-2005, 06:48 PM

I'd give Anderson/Tatum the team MVP before Jake. As Salisbury broke it down tonight, and he's right, Shanahan's really clicking with his play calling, and they're running so well teams have to key on it, which leaves the bootleg wiiide open, and that is Jake's one big strength, play action and throwing on the run. The Eagles and Pats were getting burned by that bootleg just as badly as we were.

shaneo69
10-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Jake's about the 10th most valuable player on his own team. I'd give it to either Eli Manning or Tomlinson.

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Jake's about the 10th most valuable player on his own team. I'd give it to either Eli Manning or Tomlinson.
How could you give it Tomlinson....his team is barely .500

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Re: Plummer.

He and the coaches review every snap he took last year and studied film. He's getting better because he hit the books.

tk13
10-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah they are barely .500, they're about that close to being 8-0.

shaneo69
10-31-2005, 06:56 PM

What say you?

I'm really glad the Broncos won this week and the Chiefs lost so that we get these kind of intelligent threads instead of Vailpiss' "Why does Chiefsplanet suck so much these days?"

CosmicPal
10-31-2005, 06:56 PM
He's getting better because he hit the books.

Was it this one?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0448434113.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

shaneo69
10-31-2005, 06:58 PM

Tomlinson is the reason SD is better than Denver.

GoTrav
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM

they've lost but have yet to be beaten

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM

What say you?

??? How can a QB who has to be handcuffed, be considered for MVP???

Seriously, the Eagles folded in the 4th and you can rationalize plummer even being average by picking up garbage yards after an Eagles offensive suicide..

Plummer is a top 15QB this year just because of injuries... to other QB's...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Based on what I've been seeing lately, Plummer isn't on much of a leash, if any.

Iowanian
10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm wondering if Green's shoulder is bad or what..Apparently KC doesn't have a deep ball this year.

Plummer is Joey Harrington with a running game, a defense, and a female fanbase that work at donkey shows.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm very impressed with Denver thus far. I think Jake for MVP is a bit crazy. I still can't see Denver not winning this division, they don't have that many tough games left IMO.

They have five road games that they could easily loose all of them..

3division games
buffalo
dallas

I can see them losing all of them..

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Based on what I've been seeing lately, Plummer isn't on much of a leash, if any.

You need to go rewatch all of the games.. He gets leashed in tight games... He got to pad his stats agianst the Eagles in the 4th with their meltdown on Offense...The only throws he is allowed to make any other time is a playaction or the roll...

siberian khatru
10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
They have five road games that they could easily loose all of them..

3division games
buffalo
dallas

I can see them losing all of them..

They're not gonna lose at Buffalo. The Bills rush D reeks.

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 07:11 PM
You need to go rewatch all of the games.. He gets leashed in tight games... He got to pad his stats agianst the Eagles in the 4th with their meltdown on Offense...The only throws he is allowed to make any other time is a playaction or the roll...

The Giants game was plenty tight and Plummer was slinging the ball down the field.

I even did an analysis of Plummer's splits earlier in the season when he was arguably on more of a leash. His downfield attempts were roughly the same as last year.

What's impressive is Plummer is putting up numbers without much from Ashley Lelie this year.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:16 PM
The Giants game was plenty tight and Plummer was slinging the ball down the field.

I even did an analysis of Plummer's splits earlier in the season when he was arguably on more of a leash. His downfield attempts were roughly the same as last year.

What's impressive is Plummer is putting up numbers without much from Ashley Lelie this year.

He threw for 194 yards... leashed...

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:17 PM
They're not gonna lose at Buffalo. The Bills rush D reeks.

It is still a few weeks away.. It only takes one game for the bills to catch on fire with their RB..

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 07:18 PM
He threw for 194 yards... leashed...

Does this mean Trent Green has been leashed in several games this year?

There's no leash. And there definitely wasn't one yesterday, against a really good secondary, too.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Everybody knows Trent has not played real well so far this year...

So explain to me...

Trent green 7games played 1696passing 61.3comp 6tds
Plummer 8games played 1644passing 59.5comp 12tds

Why are we having this discussion, Trent is play average this year and plummer with more games has worse stats... agian leashed...

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Does this mean Trent Green has been leashed in several games this year?

There's no leash. And there definitely wasn't one yesterday, against a really good secondary, too.

Hell nobody will admit Trent is steller this year... especially with the injuries.. But Trent has better stats and more stats in less games then Plummer... You are just jocking on taco's E-cock because you like spending so much time over there...

Denver blew the game open because the Eagles collapsed, kinda like how our team has been...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Your stats are wrong. Green only has 6 touchdown passes.

If Plummer was leashed, he wouldn't be attempting downfield throws. End of story. He's not leashed.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Your stats are wrong. Green only has 6 touchdown passes.

If Plummer was leashed, he wouldn't be attempting downfield throws. End of story. He's not leashed.

Downfield throws my ass... That is one part of the game in passing... the only reason they get that is the playaction of their running game...

Plummer 13th in yards passing
21st in ypa I thought they went deep... thats not indicating that..
8th tds, I cant argue that...
9th in QB rating, yesterdays game helped that a lot...

Everybody but you and Taco know Plummers leashed... And then to say he is MVP material is even more laughable...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 07:30 PM
He's not MVP material. But to suggest he is leashed is just silly and reeks of homerism.

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
F*ck off troll.

I second that!

Valiant
10-31-2005, 07:48 PM
He's not MVP material. But to suggest he is leashed is just silly and reeks of homerism.

No its not, His stats are barely average except for his touchdowns... Hell you said he throws downfield all the time... Stats proved that wrong... He has had one great game and two average games... The guy is barely averaging just over 200ypg now.. You are the one being the donk homer about this...

He is playing better because they are leashing him, He has had one great game this year and that was agianst the EAgles who killed themselves...

If you want to say 'IMO plummer is better then Green and throws downfield and is not leashed even though stats do not back me up..." Then fine, just quit acting like Plummer is great so far this year... If he can get 4k yards and 30+tds I will eat my own crow, but remember they have the majority of their games on the road now... Oh, and they will leash him with the running game instead of letting him try and win games like you are saying...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 07:53 PM
You obviously didn't watch the Patriots game.

And I'm no Donk homer.

If Plummer was on a leash, he wouldn't be throwing downfield.

Tuckdaddy
10-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Plummer is not even the MVP on his own team much less the league.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
You obviously didn't watch the Patriots game.

And I'm no Donk homer.

If Plummer was on a leash, he wouldn't be throwing downfield.

Thats like saying because you score 32pts agianst the Chiefs you are going to be a offensive juggernaut... The pats have one of the worse pass D's this year... They are 31st in yards per play... They have 2picks all year on defense, they have giving up more big plays then almost anybody out there... But you want to use that game as justification of Plummers greatness??? Shouldn't you be on the mange with your other donk fans???

Why doesnt plummer have more longer passes then if they go deep so often??? Why is his ypa so low if they pass downfield all the time??? Why are his stats so average if he is so great??? He should be top five in almost every stat category with your pimping... He is doing a good job helping the donks by not ****ing up... Wait, thats his job now, not to **** up... Sounds like a leash to me...

He is doing a good job at it, no one will argue that... Hell Dilfer did it one year with the Ravens... But if you can't see it, which is reasonable because you have never played organized football and are a donkey fan...

Godonks...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm willing to accept that Plummer was on a leash at the beginning of the year. That's why his YPA and total yards are down from last year. But if you look at the last few weeks, I think he's off the leash. They've been throwing it downfield quite a bit.

If Plummer was truly "leashed" as you are proposing, there's no way Mike Shanahan would have let him air it out against the Eagles secondary. No way in hell.

QBs on "leashes" don't pass the ball 9 out of the first 14 plays of a game, as Plummer did against Philly.

Here's another good example. Philly was getting back in the game yesterday. It was 28-21, and then Denver intercepted the ball.

Plummer took the Broncos right down the field for a touchdown. They ran only once for 7 yards in the drive. A "leashed" QB would be handing that ball off more with a lead.

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah they are barely .500, they're about that close to being 8-0.

They're the best 4-4 team ever I tell ya. Randy Moss and the Raiders are the best 3-4 team too.

siberian khatru
10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
We're the worst 4-3 team in history.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm willing to accept that Plummer was on a leash at the beginning of the year. That's why his YPA and total yards are down from last year. But if you look at the last few weeks, I think he's off the leash. They've been throwing it downfield quite a bit.

If Plummer was truly "leashed" as you are proposing, there's no way Mike Shanahan would have let him air it out against the Eagles secondary. No way in hell.

QBs on "leashes" don't pass the ball 9 out of the first 14 plays of a game, as Plummer did against Philly.

Here's another good example. Philly was getting back in the game yesterday. It was 28-21, and then Denver intercepted the ball.

Plummer took the Broncos right down the field for a touchdown. They ran only once for 7 yards in the drive. A "leashed" QB would be handing that ball off more with a lead.

Last few weeks??? He threw for 194yards agianst Giants and 92 yards agianst the skins... And the only reason he gets half of his yards is teams are not scared of him(except chiefs and the nonstopable bootleg) because they running game... All denver does is run the ball...

You do understand it is his job not to lose the game... Not win the game, lose the game... Just because he does well every few weeks does not mean he is off the leash...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm talking about the last 3 weeks. Anyone can see the difference.

Seriously. "Leashed" QBs don't throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs against the Philadelphia Eagles. How can you think anything else?

Phobia
10-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Plummer is bound to fall off a couch or get eaten by a pitbull or something tragic before the year is out. Stay tuned.

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Plummer is bound to fall off a couch or get eaten by a pitbull or something tragic before the year is out. Stay tuned.

Hopefully. ROFL

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm talking about the last 3 weeks. Anyone can see the difference.

Seriously. "Leashed" QBs don't throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs against the Philadelphia Eagles. How can you think anything else?

And one day in the next 10years you will move out of the house and get laid... Does not make you a man for then on out...

Seriously you are majorly deflecting when you are basing your whole arguement on one game out of the whole year so far... Culpepper is awesome this year because he threw 3tds and 300 yards one game...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Don't get off the subject.

How was Plummer "leashed" against Philly? I want to hear your breakdown.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Don't get off the subject.

How was Plummer "leashed" against Philly? I want to hear your breakdown.

Hmm multiple times I've said on this thread he played a great game.. You are just saying he is not leashed QB.. He has had one great game agianst a philly team that had a meltdown and at home...

One great game agianst

His performance at Mia
his performance agianst SD at home
his leashing agianst kc at home
leashed agianst jacksonville
leashed at home agianst Washington
decent game agiansnt the worst pass D at the time NE.. they are 31st in yards given up per play now..
leashed agianst NYG
Great game verse philly who self exploded in the 4th with turnovers and 3andouts...

What are your excuses for the previous 7games??? Does one game make a QB great in your mind???

OldTownChief
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
This thread is looking like Taco John is owning gochiefs.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Anybody else notice Taco is pimping Plummer on a rumor that he is a candidate for MVP. Most people wait until their guy actually wins something. But Taco knows that is far too risky. The whole thing could evaporate overnight.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Even though he had a really good game.. It was all dependent on Denver rushing the ball 36times for over 200yards... He played off the run, not the other way around like teams with Great QB's do it.. Peyton, Mcnabb...

But do not let me get you off of your Plummer is a great QB because of one game rant..

Count Zarth
We're not talking about whether or not he's a great QB. We're talking about whether or not he is leashed. Based on what I saw yesterday, he's not.

How can you disagree?

morphius
I just love that Taco is now Pimping a guy he had completely given up on.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:51 PM
This thread is looking like Taco John is owning gochiefs.

Gochiefs name should be godonkeys... That is what he is, a closet donkey fan...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I hate the Broncos. But I refuse to be a homer about it.

What I am is jealous of the team they have and how they've played this year. Almost everything is working out perfectly for them.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
We're not talking about whether or not he's a great QB. We're talking about whether or not he is leashed. Based on what I saw yesterday, he's not.

How can you disagree?

**** yeah I can disagree, and stats of 6 games to your 2 agrees with me... The guy has one great game and one good game agianst 6 horrible to barely average games and you think he is not leashed...

Why hasn't Jake done this on the road... Why are the Donks running the ball so much if jake is such a deep threat and not leashed??? Why does he have only two good statistical games??? Why are you such an idiot on these things???

JBucc
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Plummer's been playing well, he's still a slimy little muther****er and he'll screw up all of Shanahans's great playcalling eventually

OldTownChief
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
I just love that Taco is now Pimping a guy he had completely given up on.

This suprises you?

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Again, you are missing the point.

If Plummer is truly on a leash as you have proposed, we would have seen it yesterday against that secondary.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:58 PM
I hate the Broncos. But I refuse to be a homer about it.

What I am is jealous of the team they have and how they've played this year. Almost everything is working out perfectly for them.

What the five home games so far??? The fact that they collapsed in the last four games at home in the second half and barely won three of them???

Miami they got owned
SD went marty and choked the game away after the lead...
Kc they owned, because DV doesnt like to gameplan for the boot..
Jack they beat with Defense and the Jags sucking
Wash got some bad calls and almost beat them at home..
NE almost beat them at home...
Giants did beat them at home with the second half..
Philly came back and choked the game away in the fourth with TO's/3outs/penalties...

This donk team right now looks exactly like the 2003 chiefs... winning very ugly in tight games and losing to better teams... The donks could easily be 3-5 right now the way they are playing 60 minute games right now...

chagrin
10-31-2005, 08:59 PM
I say, you are a stupid f*cking idiot of a football fan - one who doesn't believe that you have to actually know a thing about a college player to tout him being something he's not.

I could give a shit less that you are a Donks fan, because you would be this big of a stupid f*cking idiot no matter who you rooted for.

I don't dislike anyone on this board, in spite of my disagreeing with many people's opinions. You, so far, are the only f*cking true idiot that posts here.

I am not going to get into family insults here, this begins and ends with you. You, TJ, are perhaps the dumbest ass**** I have ever "seen" on the intarweb.

Please go F off now.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Again, you are missing the point.

If Plummer is truly on a leash as you have proposed, we would have seen it yesterday against that secondary.

So does one game make a Qb not on a leash??? Why was he leashed the six other games... answer the question.... Why was he on the leash for 75% of the games they have played???

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 09:00 PM
This donk team right now looks exactly like the 2003 chiefs...

That's just hilarious.

I'd love it if that was the truth, but it's not.

Denver's not going to have a second-half collapse this year. I'll come out and say it right now: 11-5 at worst.

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Why was he on the leash for 75% of the games they have played???

I don't really believe he was. He's just taking better care of the ball.

Their passing game was misfiring, to be sure. Plummer overthrew deep receivers several times in the first few weeks. That appears to have been corrected.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

OldTownChief
10-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Denver's not going to have a second-half collapse this year. I'll come out and say it right now: 11-5 at worst.

TJ has officially took ownage of you. Your post looks so familiar to one I've seen somewhere before.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8895/tjsig8xr.jpg

Valiant
10-31-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't really believe he was. He's just taking better care of the ball.

Their passing game was misfiring, to be sure. Plummer overthrew deep receivers several times in the first few weeks. That appears to have been corrected.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Uhh, agian do you watch football...

He has attempet less passes in the last four games then the first four..

He has passed for 60 more yards in the last four then the first four...

his completion average has dropped the last four games... You want to know the difference??? they have doubled their rushing yards per game.. Does not have a damn thing to do with Plummer, he is playing off of the running game not the runners playing of of plummer... If you watched the game and not what TJ told you, you would see this...

So, he was not misfiring, he is same old jake... Just happens his running game is killer right now... Not jake, if you want to say anderson and bell are the reason but not jake...

Valiant
10-31-2005, 09:15 PM
TJ has officially took ownage of you. Your post looks so familiar to one I've seen somewhere before.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8895/tjsig8xr.jpg

Either GoDonks or TJ Jr. needs to be his user name...

Count Zarth
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
While that's certainly true, Denver ran the ball well against Washington, Jacksonville, KC, etc.

Plummer has clearly elevated his game since going 10-for-25 against Washington.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
While that's certainly true, Denver ran the ball well against Washington, Jacksonville, KC, etc.

Plummer has clearly elevated his game since going 10-for-25 against Washington.

He is doing better, yes... But one game does not make you unleashed.. That is the point...

WebGem
10-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Jake Plummer sucks

Taco John
11-01-2005, 12:17 AM
For what it's worth, I'm not pimping Plummer at all... The media is doing that. I'm just revisiting the discussion that we had this year about how Trent Green is so much better than Plummer. It's been my contention that they are two quarterbacks in the same class. I read here that Trent Green was in a class above Plummer, and that it really wasn't even a comparison.

I, for one, am still leery of Plummer. But against the Eagles, the coaches put the game in his hands after a crucial interception, and Plummer did things that I wasn't sure he was capable of. Whether he can continue to accomplish this throughout the rest of the season is still to be determined. What I do know is that he's got 12 TDs and 3 Interceptions. He's been playing some good football, and some of the throws he made on Sunday were out of this world good.

Regardless of how we finish, I'm in favor of drafting a QBOTF. That said, if Plummer continues at the pace he is, we may not need one.

Still a half a season to play... Anything can happen.

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 12:20 AM
No one in the media outside of Woody Paige and Tom Jackson has called him an MVP.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 12:23 AM
No one in the media outside of Woody Paige and Tom Jackson has called him an MVP.

If you say so... :rolleyes:

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 12:25 AM
If you say so... :rolleyes:

Then who else?

Taco John
11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Then who else?

Do you even follow football?

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Do you even follow football?

Answer my question.

tk13
11-01-2005, 12:33 AM
For what it's worth, I'm not pimping Plummer at all... The media is doing that. I'm just revisiting the discussion that we had this year about how Trent Green is so much better than Plummer. It's been my contention that they are two quarterbacks in the same class. I read here that Trent Green was in a class above Plummer, and that it really wasn't even a comparison.

I, for one, am still leery of Plummer. But against the Eagles, the coaches put the game in his hands after a crucial interception, and Plummer did things that I wasn't sure he was capable of. Whether he can continue to accomplish this throughout the rest of the season is still to be determined. What I do know is that he's got 12 TDs and 3 Interceptions. He's been playing some good football, and some of the throws he made on Sunday were out of this world good.

Regardless of how we finish, I'm in favor of drafting a QBOTF. That said, if Plummer continues at the pace he is, we may not need one.

Still a half a season to play... Anything can happen.
I think Jake's playing very well. And I agree with Salisbury, it's because Shanahan is able to utilize everyone in the offense to the best of their abilities. If you guys can continue to run the ball the way you have you're going to be very difficult to stop. Jake is so much better throwing on the run and getting out on those bootlegs than just standing in the pocket all day. I'd bootleg the daylights out of people, you can't stop it. If you play the bootleg then those little cutback runs will be there all day, and vice versa. I think his biggest test is going to come if somebody is able to keep the RB's from blowing up, and keep Jake in the pocket, will he be able to stand back there consistently and beat someone. Not real sure about that. Oddly enough, as much as I've bashed their defense, I think the one team in the AFC who might have the best shot at doing that is Indianapolis. Their ends can fly up the field and keep Jake in the pocket, and force him to read all those guys they have back in zone. It's probably not a coincidence he's stunk it up the last two times he's played them in the playoffs.

Count Zarth
11-01-2005, 12:33 AM
But against the Eagles, the coaches put the game in his hands after a crucial interception, and Plummer did things that I wasn't sure he was capable of.

That's pretty much what I thought. There's no leash.

tk13
11-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Sportscenter right now they're playing the Salisbury bit...

Taco John
11-01-2005, 12:43 AM
I think Jake's playing very well. And I agree with Salisbury, it's because Shanahan is able to utilize everyone in the offense to the best of their abilities. If you guys can continue to run the ball the way you have you're going to be very difficult to stop. Jake is so much better throwing on the run and getting out on those bootlegs than just standing in the pocket all day. I'd bootleg the daylights out of people, you can't stop it. If you play the bootleg then those little cutback runs will be there all day, and vice versa. I think his biggest test is going to come if somebody is able to keep the RB's from blowing up, and keep Jake in the pocket, will he be able to stand back there consistently and beat someone. Not real sure about that. Oddly enough, as much as I've bashed their defense, I think the one team in the AFC who might have the best shot at doing that is Indianapolis. Their ends can fly up the field and keep Jake in the pocket, and force him to read all those guys they have back in zone. It's probably not a coincidence he's stunk it up the last two times he's played them in the playoffs.

Well, conventional wisdom is that if you can stop the Broncos running game you can force Jake into mistakes. Everybody comes in with basically that game plan...

Where the Broncos struggle is in the third quarter, after a team has no option but to throw on us. Ultimately, in this passing league, teams with good quarterbacks who are forced to throw are going to find their way back into games. Add this with the struggles we've seen on third down, and there's a definite weakness there.

Against the Giants, the coaches kept Plummer in check, and ran during the clutch drive of the game that turned the momentum back over to the Giants after Bailey had intercepted a ball that *should* have sealed the Giants fate. This week during that clutch moment, the coaches went straight to the passing game, and it worked. Jake was making the tough throws and the offense broke out of its funk.

There's no doubt, Jake was on a leash early in the year. The coaches broke him down all the way, and week by week they've been building him back up. So far the results have spoken for themselves. But whether you want to give credit to Jake or not, I give more to Shanahan. He truly is making a strong case for coach of the year.

Mecca
11-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Plummers destined to suck now, TJ has a knack for the jinx. We should probably thank him for posting this thread.

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2005, 03:16 AM
There's no leash. And there definitely wasn't one yesterday, against a really good secondary, too.Not really. The Eagles are ranked 25th against the pass...

Count Zarth
11-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Not really. The Eagles are ranked 25th against the pass...

I feel stupid.

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2005, 03:31 AM
I feel stupid.LOL. Sorry, that was not my intention...

jspchief
11-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Not really. The Eagles are ranked 25th against the pass...And Lito Sheppard was hobbled.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 07:06 AM
Any high school QB in Kansas is better than Jake.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Who's the ****ing moron touting Jake? Peter King?

You know, TJ (AKA ****ing moron)

CupidStunt
11-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Plummer isn't even close to being the MVP on his own team.

What a ****ing stupid thread.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Links please.

CupidStunt
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Answer my question.

Surprise anyone that he's yet to answer?

I doubt it.

So yeah, the widely regarded biggest media idiot around, Woody Paige, and that's just about it.......

Lurch
11-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Is this clown always this big of an ass?

Taco John
11-01-2005, 10:34 AM
I can understand why you guys wouldn't be watching the Media yesterday, losing and all... But on just about every show, and just about every NFL site there was someone pimping Jake as a top three candidate for MVP (much to my suprise).

Pardon the Interruption - Kornheiser
Around The Horn - Plaske
Sports Center - Salisbury
Monday Night Countdown - Jaws
ESPN.com - Pasqualleri

Flip on a television sometime.

chagrin
11-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Is this clown always this big of an ass?

he's a ****ing stupid idiot

Taco John
11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
he's a ****ing stupid idiot

You're the stupid one

/rubber and glue and all that... :drool: :rolleyes:

jspchief
11-01-2005, 10:38 AM
It's a pretty telling statement of what Jake Plummer is when average passing numbers get him MVP talk, simply because he's not pulling his usual "choke away the win" act.

"oooh look, Plummer hasn't been completely detrimental to his team's performance for once in his lifetime, we should give him an award."

chagrin
11-01-2005, 10:41 AM
You're the stupid one

/rubber and glue and all that... :drool: :rolleyes:

oh yeah?
The Jerk store called and they're running out of you!

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 10:41 AM
I can understand why you guys wouldn't be watching the Media yesterday, losing and all... But on just about every show, and just about every NFL site there was someone pimping Jake as a top three candidate for MVP (much to my suprise).

Pardon the Interruption - Kornheiser
Around The Horn - Plaske
Sports Center - Salisbury
Monday Night Countdown - Jaws
ESPN.com - Pasqualleri

Flip on a television sometime.

I did watch and none of them called Jake the MVP. The only reason Jake even got a mention on ATH was because of Woody, who when he's not busy being the biggest idiot in the world, is busy being a Donk stooge.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 10:45 AM
MVP?

2005 Regular Season NFL AFC NFC

Passer Rating
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
1 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 1183 130 79 11 2 85 112.4
2 Carson Palmer CIN 2037 267 186 16 5 70 104.1
3 Peyton Manning IND 1551 204 139 11 5 51 98.3
4 Drew Bledsoe DAL 2019 244 156 13 6 70 97.4
5 Tom Brady NE 2020 249 157 9 4 71 93.8
6 Drew Brees SD 1829 242 153 13 7 43 92.1
7 Kelly Holcomb BUF 790 121 82 6 3 55 92.0
8 Jake Delhomme CAR 1677 200 120 13 8 80 92.0
9 Jake Plummer DEN 1644 242 144 12 3 72 91.3
10 Kerry Collins OAK 1882 243 136 10 2 79 91.3
11 Marc Bulger STL 1769 223 145 11 8 57 90.8

Area 51
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
oh yeah?

CLASSIC! rep.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
I did watch and none of them called Jake the MVP. The only reason Jake even got a mention on ATH was because of Woody, who when he's not busy being the biggest idiot in the world, is busy being a Donk stooge.

You didn't watch it then. Plascke gave the best argument of any of them in favor of Plummer.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 10:50 AM
oh yeah?

Well they're calling the right person. No one better to call for being jerked than the expert in the field.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Taco seems to be back on the Jake bandwaggon.

Wait until he has a crappy game and see how fast he jumps back off!

ROFLROFLROFL

Lurch
11-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Well they're calling the right person. No one better to call for being jerked than the expert in the field.

Impressive retort.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Piss poor comeback TJ. Learn how to handle these situations before you get owned.

OOPS - - Too late!

Taco John
11-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Here's the pastabelly story on it:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2209018

Taco John
11-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Taco seems to be back on the Jake bandwaggon.

Wait until he has a crappy game and see how fast he jumps back off!

ROFLROFLROFL

:rolleyes:

You are easily the biggest moron on the planet. And I'm not talking about Chiefs Planet.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Here's the pastabelly story on it:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2209018

If you want to peddle that garbage at your place, fine. But here, overwhelming chances are that no one really gives a shit.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 11:05 AM
If you want to peddle that garbage at your place, fine. But here, overwhelming chances are that no one really gives a shit.

As evidenced by the nine pages.

Thanks for that noob. Welcome to the Planet, by the way.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 11:07 AM
I just gave you some rep, n00b. It looked like you could use some to catch up with me. And look, you got an extra dot out of it. Nice.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 11:08 AM
As evidenced by the nine pages.

Thanks for that noob. Welcome to the Planet, by the way.

Nine pages. Yeah, you, mememe, skip, and chiefs4me. Good company you keep.

Thanks for the welcome, though.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I just gave you some rep, n00b. It looked like you could use some to catch up with me. And look, you got an extra dot out of it. Nice.

I'm honored, o' Great One.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Nine pages. Yeah, you, mememe, skip, and chiefs4me. Good company you keep.

Thanks for the welcome, though.

What are you talking about? mememe and chiefs4me don't have a single post in this thread.

These people do though:

gochiefs
Valiant
Taco John
tk13
HolmeZz
Lurch
Area 51
Black Ice
OldTownChief
shaneo69
chagrin
Garcia Bronco
|<ing
Vanilla Thunder
siberian khatru
BigChiefDave
jspchief
HemiEd
Iowanian
CosmicPal
raiderhader
Mecca
Cochise
Pitt Gorilla
Dunit35
Tuckdaddy
Hoover
JBucc
Phobia
Saulbadguy
Skip Towne
ChiefsFan5840
Brock
Dartgod
morphius
Johnson&Johnson

Hell, you're even in the top ten, n00b.

Dartgod
11-01-2005, 12:09 PM
What are you talking about? mememe and chiefs4me don't have a single post in this thread.

These people do though:
Dartgod
Yeah, but my post was just to tell you to f*ck off, so it really doesn't count.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 12:18 PM
You are easily the biggest moron on the planet. And I'm not talking about Chiefs Planet.

Coming from someone that vasilates between loving Jake and hating Jake that doesn't carry much weight.

You are no more than a troll, never will be.

On another note, I saw a picture of your mama posted. Striking similiarity.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 12:29 PM

My mistake. I meant insofaras folks who seem to believe that negative attention is better than no attention at all.

GoTrav
11-01-2005, 12:59 PM
really depends on where you are at how you rate him. I don't buy into Woody Paige or Tom Jackson, or other donk homers, on TV pimping him though. That's their agenda, and has been forever. Call it what you want, leashed, put into a place to succeed, or turned the corner/finally figured it out. Salisbury also mentioned he is doing half field reads, so they've simplified/dumbed-down the decision making process...

I'm far more impressed with the running game more so than Plummer. I guess you have to give someone in Denver props for Plummer's play, (running game, Shanahan), much to my dismay. I just enjoy watching the guy fail...

Taco John
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Coming from someone that vasilates between loving Jake and hating Jake that doesn't carry much weight.

You are no more than a troll, never will be.

On another note, I saw a picture of your mama posted. Striking similiarity.

I don't know where you ever got the idea that I've changed my opinion of Jake.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't know where you ever got the idea that I've changed my opinion of Jake.

On this website...several times. Flip.Flop.Flip.Flop

Taco John
11-01-2005, 01:25 PM
On this website...several times. Flip.Flop.Flip.Flop

Where and how?

I haven't changed my opinion of Plummer in the least. I said before this season started that I figured him and Trent Green to be two quarterbacks in the same class. I still feel that way today.

The problem here is that you aren't very smart.

Goapics1
11-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Go blow yourself.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Go blow yourself.

No need to. I'm getting all I need between Chagrin and A51.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Where and how?

I haven't changed my opinion of Plummer in the least. I said before this season started that I figured him and Trent Green to be two quarterbacks in the same class. I still feel that way today.

The problem is you are anal retentive and don't remember what you said. You have jumped on and of the Jake love waggon so many time you probably have need knee replacement surgery.

You always want to call whomever you argue with dumb or "aren't very smart" as you did above.

You cannot refute the fact that you have slammed him as being a crappy QB and then after a good game you climb back into his love chamber and start all over.

You have a plan and that plan is nothing more than hyping your beloved donkeys. Well, climbe back over to the orange mainge and continue your love fest there. We don't need you here and most of us don't want you here.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 01:35 PM
No need to. I'm getting all I need between Chagrin and A51.

I'd say that makes you a gay boy. Wanting to have sex with men.

Now we know why your avatar looks like it does.

Those with discrimination do not socialize with the poster boy for AIDS.

Go peddle your tripe somewhere else.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 02:10 PM
The problem is you are anal retentive and don't remember what you said. You have jumped on and of the Jake love waggon so many time you probably have need knee replacement surgery.

Except for the fact that you're lying, you have a point. My view of Jake has remained consistent since December of last year. Even with his recent success I'm a bit leery of the guy. But he's getting it done, so there's not much I can say.

You always want to call whomever you argue with dumb or "aren't very smart" as you did above.

No. I just call the dumb ones dumb. You qualify. You're like Tom Cash. You don't understand subtilty. You don't have to be all that sophisticated a mind to understand subtilty, yet you manage to miss the boat.

You cannot refute the fact that you have slammed him as being a crappy QB and then after a good game you climb back into his love chamber and start all over.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I can absolutely refute this.

You have a plan and that plan is nothing more than hyping your beloved donkeys. Well, climbe back over to the orange mainge and continue your love fest there. We don't need you here and most of us don't want you here.

Like I said. You're pretty dumb.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Except for the fact that you're lying, you have a point. My view of Jake has remained consistent since December of last year. Even with his recent success I'm a bit leery of the guy. But he's getting it done, so there's not much I can say.

No. I just call the dumb ones dumb. You qualify. You're like Tom Cash. You don't understand subtilty. You don't have to be all that sophisticated a mind to understand subtilty, yet you manage to miss the boat.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I can absolutely refute this.

Like I said. You're pretty dumb.
You feel better now?

I hope so, but you are still a f*k a*hole and need to go away.

You refute all you want, I read it here and on the mainge. If it mattered to me to prove that you are a total nimrod I'd take the time and go get your posts. But I'm sure that you would accuse me of editing so that isn't an option at the moment.

You are the third person that has accused me of being Tom. I think that you need to check your sources and figure out that more than one person might have similar patterns of thought as well as styles.

Have your fun, continue believing that you are incapable being what you are, TROLL.

At the end of the day you will still be a person that lives and dies by a game and has nothing better to do than play on a bb, a foriegn bb at that.

And: Pfund-Sand Ihr Esel!

Taco John
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
You refute all you want, I read it here and on the mainge. If it mattered to me to prove that you are a total nimrod I'd take the time and go get your posts.

The only reason why you're not doing it is because you can't. You are just making things up. Otherwise known as lying.

You are the third person that has accused me of being Tom.

I think that should be a good indicator to you of what people think of you...

Dartgod
11-01-2005, 02:43 PM
We don't need you here and most of us don't want you here.
I like him here. I like to point at him and laugh and say witty things like, "F*ck off, troll". Yes, I like that very much.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I like him here. I like to point at him and laugh and say witty things like, "F*ck off, troll". Yes, I like that very much.

You also like to lose beer bets to me... ;)

Dartgod
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
You also like to lose beer bets to me... ;)
Hey, it's cheaper than an exterminator.

http://www.hesperianbeacon.com/spider%20internet.jpg

Area 51
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
The only reason why you're not doing it is because you can't. You are just making things up. Otherwise known as lying.

I think that should be a good indicator to you of what people think of you...

Ho hum, you are such a drag. Prove that you didn't slam Plummer.

I didn't know that I was here to impress anyone. I'm here doing what the majority of people are doing on this board. Discussing the Chiefs and calling obvious TROLLS out.

I would guess by Dartgod's response that you are needed to be a whipping boy. Get whipped boy!! And: Pfund-Sand Ihr Esel!

Taco John is a TROLL!!!
Plain and simple.

Mile High Mania
11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
I need to stop being amazed that these threads always stretch beyond 150 replies.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Here's the thing.

Taco claims he's never waivered on his opinion of Plummer. He claims that Plummer and Green are in the same class.

That means one of two things:

1. Taco also feels that Green is an MVP caliber QB or...

2. Taco thinks Green is not MVP caliber, and admits that the Plummer MVP talk is ludicrous and undeserved.

So which is it Taco?

Mile High Mania
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
I can't imagine too many Denver plans honestly put Plummer and NFL MVP in the same thought. Plummer has had a good season, it's about time that the INTs have been insignificant.

We'll see how they do down the stretch with 5 of the last 8 on the road. I need to be sold they can kick ass on the road.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Here's the thing.

Taco claims he's never waivered on his opinion of Plummer. He claims that Plummer and Green are in the same class.

2. Taco thinks Green is not MVP caliber, and admits that the Plummer MVP talk is ludicrous and undeserved.

So which is it Taco?

Definitely number two. I think Plummer is playing within himself, but I credit the coaches more than anything for his success this year, just as I credit a superior offensive line for Trent Green's success. I don't believe either are franchise quarterbacks. I think they are guys that can be worked with, and if everything goes right, could possibly win it all.

Now all that said, I have to give credit to Plummer in the fact that he's making throws in the offense that I previously didn't believe he could make. His game against the Eagles was notable for this. It seems the coaches have completely stripped him down and are building him back up. That said, I don't think his game would translate at all if he were to move to another city, unless those coaches were willing/able to keep Plummer from playing outside of his ability... For instance, in years past, Plummer would throw across the field if he thought something was there. This year, he wouldn't dare make such a throw and instead would throw it out of bounds. That shows that his decisionmaking ability is improving.

That's all fine and good until it's time for him to play in the clutch. I wouldn't dare consider Jake Plummer an MVP candidate until he had proven himself in the clutch. I don't believe he's done that yet. If he performs as admirably in the clutch this season, with the pressure on, I'll have no choice but to tip my hat to him. But all this MVP talk is a little premature IMO.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Ho hum, you are such a drag. Prove that you didn't slam Plummer.

I didn't know that I was here to impress anyone. I'm here doing what the majority of people are doing on this board. Discussing the Chiefs and calling obvious TROLLS out.

I would guess by Dartgod's response that you are needed to be a whipping boy. Get whipped boy!! And: Pfund-Sand Ihr Esel!

Taco John is a TROLL!!!
Plain and simple.

I would bet that I have more friends on this site than you do.

Mr. Kotter
11-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Here's the thing.

So which is it Taco?

Good point. He has been pretty insistent that they belong in the same class. So which is it TJ? :hmmm:

stevieray
11-01-2005, 05:06 PM

sounds like something you're mini me would say.

It's too soon to call anyone MVP.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 05:15 PM
It's too soon to call anyone MVP.

There's a pretty significant difference between calling someone an MVP, and pointing out that a person is being widely considered as an early candidate for the spot.

Mr. Kotter
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
There's a pretty significant difference between calling someone an MVP, and pointing out that a person is being widely considered as an early candidate for the spot.

Widely?

In Denver, maybe.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Widely?

In Denver, maybe.

Again. I can't help it if you guys lost on Sunday and you haven't been watching any television.

There has been significant buzz about Plummer after his game yesterday, in which he outplayed every other quarterback in the league.

Mr. Kotter
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Again. I can't help it if you guys lost on Sunday and you haven't been watching any television.

There has been significant buzz about Plummer after his game yesterday, in which he outplayed every other quarterback in the league.

Fine. Base your decision for the season's MVP on one game....a half of a season, playing the easier part of your schedule and five of eight games at home. Go right ahead.... :)

Bowser
11-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Meh. There was talk of Roethlisberger as MVP laast year, because all the Steelers did was win. But, the Steelers never had to lean on Ben in their games, much like the Broncos haven't had to lean on Jake to win this year. I personally find it hard to name a QB MVP, when you have two running backs on pace to break 1,000 yards each on your team.

Jake has played better than expected this year, to be sure. But MVP? I don't think.

Bowser
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
And fwiw, I would still take Trent over Jake in pressure situations.

Taco John
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
"you're right, they are in the same class," would have probably sufficed, because what you said makes no sense.

Bowser
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
"you're right, they are in the same class," would have probably sufficed, because what you said makes no sense.

If you mean me, all I mean is that I think Jake is still prone to the big mistake at the wrong time. He just hasn't had the opportunity to prove he can get it done when the pressure is on (that I've seen. Admittedly, I don't hang on every detail of Bronco games, just highlights on ESPN).

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Green would make it work in both KC and in Denver.

Plummer wouldn't be a good match for KC's offense though- he's not bright enough to figure out the complexities and all the shifting that goes on. Besides, he'd throw way too many INT's in our system.

But, Green could go to Denver and be just as successful. I'd rather have Green.

Dartgod
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
It's quite obvious that our offensive line play this year has been sub-par, yet Green, although not excelling, has not done much to hurt our chances to win each game (ie, turnovers). I wonder how Plummer would have fared in similar circumstances?

joesomebody
11-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't watch Denver unless they play KC, or its crunch time and its nearing the end of the season, meaning the games are do or die for the play offs.

So saying all of that, Plummer seems to be a decent quarterback. He's still young enough to have several more good seasons. Much of his game seems to rely on bootlegs and his mobility.

Gannon did very well with being a "mobile" quarterback until what, his late 30s? Gannon didn't start for a team for as many years as Plummer though, so I'm not sure thats a good comparison.

I just think he needs to shave the stache... the stache and the lumberjack beard are something else.

Though it appears Denver cheerleaders like to ride the stache...

Trent Green is the first quarterback in years that I haven't been scared every time he throws the ball. I had zero confidence in Bono or Grbac, I like having a quarterback I feel I can trust.

I don't know... I wouldn't take Plummer for Green, even with the age considerations.

kcfanXIII
11-01-2005, 06:21 PM

What say you?
sure trent may be better, but jake is playing better right now. but we've all seen jake "the snake"'s ability to choke down the stretch. unless trent green goes on a peyton-esque tear down the home stretch, and we win out, trent won't be mvp.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 06:30 PM
It's quite obvious that our offensive line play this year has been sub-par, yet Green, although not excelling, has not done much to hurt our chances to win each game (ie, turnovers). I wonder how Plummer would have fared in similar circumstances?

Plummer would be curled up in the fetal position sucking Shanahan's pee-pee after enduring the beating and pressure Green has faced this year.

alanm
11-01-2005, 06:33 PM

What say you?
Methinks you went and put a gigantic jinx on the Plumber dude by calling him out as a MVP possible. Your Ju-Ju reaches far and wide. Even a bye date can't stop it. Plumber throws 2 Int's against Oakland and loses a fumble to boot. Bet the house on it. :) :D :thumb:

Taco John
11-01-2005, 08:26 PM
If you mean me, all I mean is that I think Jake is still prone to the big mistake at the wrong time. He just hasn't had the opportunity to prove he can get it done when the pressure is on (that I've seen. Admittedly, I don't hang on every detail of Bronco games, just highlights on ESPN).

I meant Kotter

Taco John
11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Plummer would be curled up in the fetal position sucking Shanahan's pee-pee after enduring the beating and pressure Green has faced this year.

Or he would allude it.

Count Zarth
11-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Or he would allude it.

He would make an indirect reference to it? What?

Dartgod
11-01-2005, 08:36 PM
He would make an indirect reference to it? What?I was thinking the same thing. Me? I would try to get the hell away from it...what's the word for that?

Count Zarth
11-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Taco meant "elude."

We all saw how well he did that in KC last year.

Mr. Kotter
11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Or he would allude it.

That's right, he'd "allude" to that.... ROFL

Count Zarth
11-01-2005, 08:45 PM
What was that stuff about GoChiefs owning Taco John? :)

Deberg_1990
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I cant wait until Jake the Fake shows his true colors again in January against the Colts.

chiefs4me
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
My mistake. I meant insofaras folks who seem to believe that negative attention is better than no attention at all.

**** you asshole, you don't know me and never will..:harumph:

morphius
11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I cant wait until Jake the Fake shows his true colors again in January against the Colts.
Well, considering I saw him try to throw 3 ints a couples weeks back with all of them being barely dropped it is only a matter of time...

Count Zarth
11-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Well, considering I saw him try to throw 3 ints a couples weeks back with all of them being barely dropped it is only a matter of time...

That is true. He was this close to throwing 2 or 3 against the Giants.

morphius
11-01-2005, 09:21 PM
That is true. He was this close to throwing 2 or 3 against the Giants.
Yup, sometimes the bounces just go your teams way for a while, but when that stops, things come crashing quickly.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
**** you asshole, you don't know me and never will..:harumph:

Just call it like I see it, comatard....is it? Guess I shouldn't have read those old threads. Nice negative rep comments you left me; two in four minutes even. I feel special.

Are you really that insecure?

Trent Green for MVP? 11-01-2005 10:07 PM chiefs4me dont ever use my name again..it makes me feel dirty when you say it

Trent Green for MVP? 11-01-2005 10:04 PM chiefs4me you don't know me, so shut the **** up

chiefs4me
11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Just call it like I see it, comatard....is it? Guess I shouldn't have read those old threads. Nice negative rep comments you left me; two in four minutes even. I feel special.

Are you really that insecure?

Trent Green for MVP? 11-01-2005 10:07 PM chiefs4me dont ever use my name again..it makes me feel dirty when you say it

Trent Green for MVP? 11-01-2005 10:04 PM chiefs4me you don't know me, so shut the **** up

Insecure, ha, it felt good.......want some more asshole?%(/

Lurch
11-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Insecure, ha, it felt good.......want some more asshole?%(/

Please. Faster, harder please Mistress Midol.

chiefs4me
11-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Please. Faster, harder please Mistress Midol.

Freaking loon.....I'm done.:harumph:

Lurch
11-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Freaking loon.....I'm done.:harumph:

Oh, come on. My girl would like you to join us.

Area 51
11-02-2005, 08:49 AM

I'd bet that I have more friends than you do!

Taco John
11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I'd bet that I have more friends than you do!

I bet when I count, I use only real people.

philfree
11-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Plummer is having his best year ever but Shanny is running the passing game so Jake only has to read half the field. It's working pretty good but to consider him an MVP because he ain't losing games like has in the past is silly. Considering the Chiefs O line injuries and then lack of performance when they have been healthy Green has done a pretty good job. I can't believe he took on the Charger D head up on the bootleg the other day. What a gutsy guy. WTF was Saunders thinking on that play? Or did someone run the wrong pattern hanging Trent out to dry? IMO Trent is ready to breakout but the O line has to give him a chance.

PhilFree:arrow:

Count Zarth
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Taco's sig is interesting considering Kennison had a great game against Denver and is doing really well again this year.

Dartgod
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Taco's sig is interesting considering Kennison had a great game against Denver and is doing really well again this year.EK's last 3 meetings vs. the Donkeys

R Y A TD

9/26/05
8 112 14.0 0

9/12/04
6 101 16.8 0

12/19/04
7 101 14.4 2

I'm guessing he's looking very much forward to Dec. 4

Coach
11-02-2005, 10:18 PM
EK's last 3 meetings vs. the Donkeys

R Y A TD