PDA

View Full Version : How many Trick or Treaters hae you had?

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 07:20 PM
I've only had 5 so far.

Dartgod
10-31-2005, 07:21 PM

This is normal for our neighborhood

Dunit35
0, I live in the dorms. :)

StcChief
none. Don't expect any.
Lights off.
Raining, cold, nasty.

siberian khatru
42. And it's over by now.

Woman down the block said she had 200. Which is possible. We live on a cul-de-sac, and three of our four neighbors had their lights out, which combines to discourage some trick-or-treaters.

We've got a shitload of candy left. I'm gonna weigh 400 pounds by Friday.

JBucc
10-31-2005, 07:22 PM
It's raining a lot here I've only had 2 or 3

JOhn
10-31-2005, 07:23 PM

I turned the porch lights off :shrug:

But the daughter just got home from going with her friend, and she made a killing!!!

3 FULL Wal-Mart bags ROFL

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 07:26 PM

I turned the porch lights off :shrug:

But the daughter just got home from going with her friend, and she made a killing!!!

3 FULL Wal-Mart bags ROFL
Hey, bro, we need an update on your injury and how he job is going.

chiefs4me
10-31-2005, 07:28 PM
I have only been home for about an hour, as we were at a fall festival at school, but I have had about 25 in that hour, and it did rain here all day also.

Happy Halloween Everyone....

CosmicPal
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm just getting ready to leave the office...so, I've had NONE.

JOhn
10-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey, bro, we need an update on your injury and how he job is going.
Still hanging in there, haven't got an release from Dr. Had a MRI last Thursday, and go to Dr in the am to get the results. So still off until the Dr says so.

cdcox
10-31-2005, 07:31 PM
No kids have visited Mr. Seedy Cocks tonight.

KcMizzou
10-31-2005, 07:32 PM

3 FULL Wal-Mart bags ROFLSweet.

The key is this... Have them keep a big bag nearby to dump their candy in. Then go to each house with an empty bag. (you might throw an apple, toothbrush and pencil in there, just for effect) Then, before you ring the doorbell, it's, "Ok kids... try to look sad!"

Not that it sounds like yours needed it.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 07:32 PM
I have only been home for about an hour, as we were at a fall festival at school, but I have had about 25 in that hour, and it did rain here all day also.

Happy Halloween Everyone....
I'll bet all your neiborhood kids are afraid of you. That whole flying around on a broom and all.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Still hanging in there, haven't got an release from Dr. Had a MRI last Thursday, and go to Dr in the am to get the results. So still off until the Dr says so.
Do you still get paid or how does that work?

JOhn
10-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Do you still get paid or how does that work?
Yea, after a week off, Work Comp kicks in.

Phobia
10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
I've not had any, but hopefully the wife will dress up later.

chiefs4me
10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
I'll bet all your neiborhood kids are afraid of you. That whole flying around on a broom and all.

ROFL.......are you kidding, that's why they love me...broom rides....ROFL

chiefs4me
10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
No kids have visited Mr. Seedy Cocks tonight.

Why do I feel as if that's a good thing..;)

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2005, 07:41 PM

My freshman year we got hit up. Had a mom chew us out for not giving out candy, when we didn't know kids hit up dorm rooms and didn't have anything to give them anyway. Well this mom was chewing on us and my roommate says "how about i give your kids a beer and frozen burritto bc that is all we have."

Phobia
10-31-2005, 07:43 PM

Oh. Ouch.

angel
10-31-2005, 07:44 PM
we had a good number; I didn't count
the weather turned out pretty nice
it's over now, though

redhed
10-31-2005, 07:46 PM
25-30; par for the course. It's a nice night for it here.

chiefs4me
10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh. Ouch.

ROFL....yea, well, I thought about that one after I hit submit, but figured oh well..:p

ENDelt260
10-31-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't think trick or treating is part of the Dia de los Muertos tradition.

JBucc
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
"how about i give your kids a beer and frozen burritto bc that is all we have."I'm coming to your place next year

Rain Man
10-31-2005, 08:05 PM
We're having our second-best turnout ever. I think we stand at around 15 right now. However, it's 8:00 now, so we may not get any more.

ChiTown
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I took the kids out T.O.T'ing, but my wife said we had about 40-50 kids.

Nelson Muntz
10-31-2005, 08:10 PM
4 until I caught the neighborhood cat digging in my trash. Scared the shit out of some kids cuz I grabbed a potato as it was the only thing I could find and chucked it at the cat and drilled the wall of the garage. Poor kids were walking up the sidewalk next to the garage and all of a sudden WHAM.

Dartgod
10-31-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm coming to your place next year
Nah, sedated was giving beer and bong hits. That's where I'm going.

Phobia
10-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Scared the shit out of some kids cuz I grabbed a potato as it was the only thing I could find

Front or back?

Rain Man
10-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I took the kids out T.O.T'ing, but my wife said we had about 40-50 kids.

You must be doing the fertility drug thing.

KcMizzou
10-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Nah, sedated was giving beer and bong hits. Wow... the name fits.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Who does he think he is...........Brigham Young?

ChiTown
10-31-2005, 08:29 PM

ROFL

Yeah, that doesn't sound right, does it.....

KCChiefsMan
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM

I was outside a bar smoking a cigarette and some trick or treaters came up to me, probably 15-16 yrs old, said trick or treat, I said that I didn't have candy, they said you do have cigarette's....

well I'm going back to the bar now

Saulbadguy
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Zero.

Braincase
10-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Had maybe 75 or 80. Gave the traditional to the little kids.

The kids I thought were too big got those old boxes of raisins that were on the back shelf.

OldTownChief
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
2004 = 5
2005 = 0

morphius
10-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Some stupid bowling secretary f'd up and left tonight on the schedule for bowling, stupid moron ought to be fired. So, we didn't have any kids other then those in our league. We all still had a good time though.

Reaper16
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
about 18; I live in the dorms :)

nose
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
just 1 and he was dressed up as a lightening bolt so i slammed the door in his face

greg63
10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Only 16. We have tons of candy in which to ballon out nicely on.

Skip Towne
10-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Some stupid bowling secretary f'd up and left tonight on the schedule for bowling, stupid moron ought to be fired. So, we didn't have any kids other then those in our league. We all still had a good time though.
So you were forced to bowl against your will? I'd contact a lawyer.

KCChiefsMan
11-01-2005, 01:02 AM
I gave some kids cigarettes outside a bar for a treat, does that make me a bad person? btw they were about 15 yrs old

KChiefsQT
11-01-2005, 01:04 AM
we had about 20 total.

KC Dan
11-01-2005, 02:11 AM
None at my hotel but there were a few tricks at the strip club that I took my 4 Japanese co-workers to!!!

HemiEd
11-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Only three after I got home from the office at six. It was dark today well before five.

Saggysack
11-01-2005, 03:30 AM
About 10 here.

Whatever happened to Halloween? I remember growing up as a kid going from house to house raking in the candy. Would always have to stop at home and dump my bags a couple times because they got too full. After the night was over I easily had 4 or 5 bags full of candy.

Now, it seems like half of the porch lights are off, and half of the ones that are on, nobody answers the door. And whats up with the ones that only give out one piece of candy? Listen here you fuggin candy dictators, dig your fuggin grubby paws in that damn bowl and put a damn hand full in the kids bag.

stumppy
11-01-2005, 04:43 AM
Now, it seems like half of the porch lights are off, and half of the ones that are on, nobody answers the door. And whats up with the ones that only give out one piece of candy? Listen here you fuggin candy dictators, dig your fuggin grubby paws in that damn bowl and put a damn hand full in the kids bag.

Maybe you should try a different costume next year.

Fairplay
11-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Around 30-35 kids.

Saggysack
11-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Maybe you should try a different costume next year.

Yeah, I don't think my pretty pink princess outfit helped me much this year.

ExtremeChief
11-01-2005, 05:16 AM
None

But while I was at the bar around 7 pm there were some kids knocking at the door. Thought it was strange for kids to come to a place of business trick or treating.

seclark
11-01-2005, 06:43 AM
zero...guess nobody wanted their kids to go knocking on the door of the shitkrickers that are living in the shed. i must have 10lbs of candy rolling around in my gut.
sec

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 06:46 AM
we had about 20 total.
Who is we? Are you married?

MOhillbilly
11-01-2005, 06:49 AM
:shrug: still have to get a headcount when i get home.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Zero.

Probably had something to do with the two pit bulls I had chained out front.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 06:52 AM
:shrug: still have to get a headcount when i get home.
You're going to count the bodies?

MOhillbilly
11-01-2005, 06:54 AM
You're going to count the bodies?.

nah - i keep em alive and get em fat,then eat them.

Chief Henry
11-01-2005, 08:07 AM
I didn't have any. My wife was with her sister and two kids and I wa sout until 9:30 on business.

I ususally do love trick or treaters to come around. We moved into a knew location two years ago and
the first Halloween we didn't have a single treater.
Our location is the main reason why we didn't have any.

Kclee
11-01-2005, 08:34 AM
I gave some kids cigarettes outside a bar for a treat, does that make me a bad person?

Only if they were women.

journeyscarab
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
I think we had about 50.

Results from the kids (5 bags o candy)

14 year old: 1/4 pound of candy
12 year old: 7 pounds of candy (I am serious)
8 year old: 5 pounds of candy
4 year old: 3.5 pounds of candy
3 year old: 3.5 pounds of candy.

The two little ones really got what Halloween was all about and spent 1.5 hours ringing bells for daddy's candy fix.

Almost 20 lbs of candy. :)

KC Kings
11-01-2005, 11:43 AM
We had over 200, when my wife quit counting. We had a ton of candy and little packs of play-dough we gave out, then when I got back home from taking my kids around the block we used up most of their candy giving out to other kids. They are 3 and 5, and don't need all that candy anyway.

We live off of 291 and I-35 in Liberty, and the streets were lined with cars from people coming to our neighborhood to trick-or-treat. There were about 25 houses that went all out with haunted houses in the drive way, fake body parts cooking on a grill, and a driveway bonfire with a cauldron of apple cider over the fire that they poured out for all the kids. This was our first year here so I wasn't prepared, but I will be hitting the clearance racks this week to give the neighbors some competition next year.

KC Kings
11-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Who is we? Are you married?
I think she meant "we", as in herself and the half dozen old sorority sisters that all dressed up like naughty nurses.

Bob Dole
11-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Zero.

It's good to be the grumpy old man on the block.

Lzen
11-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I didn't count but if I had to guess, I'd say around 30-40. My 2 older boys came back after only about 45 minutes to an hour with pillow cases nearly full.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I think she meant "we", as in herself and the half dozen old sorority sisters that all dressed up like naughty nurses.
I demand pics!!

Rain Man
11-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Zero.

It's good to be the grumpy old man on the block.

Maybe they're all lost in your yard.

Rain Man
11-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Zero.

Probably had something to do with the two pit bulls I had chained out front.

I bet it was like trick or treat for the pit bulls when the little kids walked up.

chiefs4me
11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
About 10 here.

Whatever happened to Halloween? I remember growing up as a kid going from house to house raking in the candy. Would always have to stop at home and dump my bags a couple times because they got too full. After the night was over I easily had 4 or 5 bags full of candy.

hmmm,it's been awhile since I agreed on something you said, but you are right. I think nowdays most of the trick or treating is done at churches, schools and malls..it' just not safe anymore to let your child go house to house...:shrug:

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM
.it' just not safe anymore to let your child go house to house...:shrug:
:rolleyes:

chiefs4me
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
:rolleyes:

%(/

Bob Dole
11-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Maybe they're all lost in your yard.

You realize that was 3 yards ago and Bob Dole has replaced most of the lawn equipment?

Damn the interweb! Damn it all to HELL!!!!

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
You realize that was 3 yards ago and Bob Dole has replaced most of the lawn equipment?

You sure move a lot. You got warrants? Creditors?

Rain Man
11-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Time stands still in my world.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 06:22 PM
it' just not safe anymore to let your child go house to house

That's BS.

The children are no more safer today then they were twenty, thirty years ago. The only difference is that we have grown to be to damn protective. It's like Carlin says in one of monlogues, "...Kids today have to wear a helmet for everything. Shit, I bet they even have helmets for jerking off."

I agree with Saggy's statement: What happened to Halloween?

Everyone dressed up and went door-to-door. Nobody had an issue with what you were dressed up as. There was no such thing as a politically-correct costume. But, the neighborhood was alive with kids running around and you had contests as to who could gather up the most candy. Despite the kids protests, some of the parents volunteered to walk around. They would stand on the sidewalk as you raced up to the door with your friends, and as your neighbor opened the door the parents would wave to each other, and the neighbor would comment on everyone's costumes and pretend they didn't know it was you, "Oh my, is that Kenny Smith under there? Why, that's a great costume, Kenny!"

It was fun.

It's a damn shame that we have become so protective of everything. It broke your heart to hear of a kid who was hit by a car 'cause they were running across the street and didn't see the car underneath their poorly designed masks. You were told never to eat any foods that wasn't wrapped or packaged properly. You were told to stay with your friends and the chaperone.

It's nothing special...

But today- you can't dress up as a witch for you offend the Wiccans.

Whatever.

It's fuggen sad. And it's the parents fault. It's our litigious society. It's our own ignorance. It's our overly-protective agenda and it's ruining the fun for the kids. Who the ***** goes to the school to trick or treat? That's not fun.

siberian khatru
11-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Everyone dressed up and went door-to-door. Nobody had an issue with what you were dressed up as. There was no such thing as a politically-correct costume. But, the neighborhood was alive with kids running around and you had contests as to who could gather up the most candy. Despite the kids protests, some of the parents volunteered to walk around. They would stand on the sidewalk as you raced up to the door with your friends, and as your neighbor opened the door the parents would wave to each other, and the neighbor would comment on everyone's costumes and pretend they didn't know it was you, "Oh my, is that Kenny Smith under there? Why, that's a great costume, Kenny!"

It was fun.

Thankfully, it's still like that in my neighborhood.

4th and Long
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
My streak of 0 Trick-Or-Treaters is intact 2 years running. All the candy is MINE! MUWAAAHAHAH! Paying the local butcher $10 for a cow heart to nail to my front door really pays off.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
That's BS.

The children are no more safer today then they were twenty, thirty years ago. The only difference is that we have grown to be to damn protective. It's like Carlin says in one of monlogues, "...Kids today have to wear a helmet for everything. Shit, I bet they even have helmets for jerking off."

I agree with Saggy's statement: What happened to Halloween?

It was fun.

It's a damn shame that we have become so protective of everything. It broke your heart to hear of a kid who was hit by a car 'cause they were running across the street and didn't see the car underneath their poorly designed masks. You were told never to eat any foods that wasn't wrapped or packaged properly. You were told to stay with your friends and the chaperone.

It's nothing special...

But today- you can't dress up as a witch for you offend the Wiccans.

Whatever.

It's fuggen sad. And it's the parents fault. It's our litigious society. It's our own ignorance. It's our overly-protective agenda and it's ruining the fun for the kids. Who the ***** goes to the school to trick or treat? That's not fun.

I think its mostly morons like Flo watching too much TV.

Iowanian
11-01-2005, 06:39 PM

Chasing neighborhood kids around with your 12" strap-on belted on and hanging out of your dungarees, isn't exactly the same thing as a "broom Ride" flo.