PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller > Gonzo!!!eleven!

Reaper16
10-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Whaomg, Heath Miller has 2 TDs tonight, and 6 on his rookie season so far. He's, like the next Antonio Gates/Kellen Winslow Jr/Todd Heap/Jeremy Shockey/Alge Crumpler or sumthin.

I'm absolutely sick of pundits saying Gonzo relinquished his crown as best TE in football, especially now that Gates won the 1-on-1 matchup again. [/puke] Tony set a TE receptions record last season with 102 catches. That also led the entire league, all pass-catchers included. Gonzo has 32 catches so far through 7 games. Guess what? In his record breaking '04, he had exactly 34 catches through 7 games. That's two receptions off of a season that sent his jersey to Canton. Sooner or later, just like last year, Al will remember that Tony G is in fact on the Chief's roster. He'll remember that TE's are an effective red-zone option when teams are keying in on the run. Then, Gonzo can resume, now quietly, playing like the best TE in football. (Plus, he's only 8 TDs away from breaking Shannon Sharpe's all time TE record)

So keep on, coastal biased media. Keep on insisting that Tony Gonzalez hasn't got it anymore. He, coaching staff willing, is more than capable of proving you wrong. For at least the 5th time.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 09:27 PM
The only thing I do not like about this shit is the media reasoning...

When priest broke the TD record single season, it was overshadowed.. That rushing yards were more important then rushing TDs, It was easy to break...Rushing yards are more attractive then rushing TD's...

When tonyG set the record for receptions for a TE, Gates got more credit for his 13tds to tonys 8 because TD are so damn important and more prestigeous(sp?)...

I just do not understand it... Tony could have a 85catch year 1000yards for 8tds and if gates has 75 catches for 800 and 10 tds... Gates will get all the props...

These two right now are the best in the league, why not get equal props... I was so pissed last year after tony got the record all you heard about was Gates TD record... He deserved the recognition but so did Tony...

Reaper16
10-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Gates is doing this with the benifit of teams keying in on LT first and foremost. Often times, going back to a couple of years ago, opposing teams would worry about keeping Gonzo, the big play threat, in check more than Preist. (Allowing Preist to do some amazing things.) I have no doubts that Gates can handle it like Tony did, but let's see it before we proclaim him the definitive best.

Valiant
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Gates is doing this with the benifit of teams keying in on LT first and foremost. Often times, going back to a couple of years ago, opposing teams would worry about keeping Gonzo, the big play threat, in check more than Preist. (Allowing Preist to do some amazing things.) I have no doubts that Gates can handle it like Tony did, but let's see it before we proclaim him the definitive best.

Im not saying he is the best, but he is damn good right now... I was hoping he would lapse this year, but he keeps going... I dont care if teams key on LT, Gates should not get those TD's, he is earning them by hard play and great hands... That and their OC plans on getting him and LT the ball...

Reaper16
10-31-2005, 09:42 PM
That and their OC plans on getting him and LT the ball...
There you go. We threw to Gonzo one time in the first half, resulting in an uncharacteristic drop. Even then, it was one of those, stupid passes to the flat that usually get like 4 yards. Even then, we only threw to him once! Al Saunders is going to give me multiple deadly health conditions by the time this season is over.

Johnson&Johnson
10-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Thats exactly it. Media is media.

The respect that Tony gets is incredible around the league. He gets bumped off the line and then gets double and triple coverage and still manage to get open (sometimes).

Those other young up & coming TEs that you mentioned, are nowhere hear Gonzo's reputation in terms of defensive coaches. Players and coaches know what Gonzo is about...screw the media idiots!

Mr. Laz
11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
There you go. We threw to Gonzo one time in the first half, resulting in an uncharacteristic drop. Even then, it was one of those, stupid passes to the flat that usually get like 4 yards. Even then, we only threw to him once! Al Saunders is going to give me multiple deadly health conditions by the time this season is over.

you ever think that the reason why Gonzo doesn't get thrown to as much is because he's not getting open as much?

B_Ambuehl
11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Heath Miller can block so give him his due there. The new breed is a guy that can block and catch. Another up and coming freak I've seen at TE is that guy from Maryland can't remember his name right now.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Gonzo has established himself in the league over a much longer course of time than Gates/Shockey/Miller/Heap etc...that's all that matters in my book.

If in another 3 or 4 years those other guys are still performing at the same level then we can talk.

KC Kings
11-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Whaomg, Heath Miller has 2 TDs tonight, and 6 on his rookie season so far. He's, like the next Antonio Gates/Kellen Winslow Jr/Todd Heap/Jeremy Shockey/Alge Crumpler or sumthin.

How did Kellen Winslow Jr make that list?

Delano
11-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Heath Miller can block so give him his due there. The new breed is a guy that can block and catch. Another up and coming freak I've seen at TE is that guy from Maryland can't remember his name right now.

Those are new traits of a tight end? Wow, I thought those have been standards for quite some time.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-01-2005, 12:59 PM
How did Kellen Winslow Jr make that list?

Because he's a SOULJA!!!!

Cormac
11-01-2005, 01:30 PM
This is nothing new. Two years ago it was all about how Shockey was the best TE in the game. Before that Gonzo had to deal with the comparisons to horseface Sharpe :Lin:. Now it's Miller. Guess what, Gonzo will still be the best and most consistent TE in the game long after Heath Miller is a forgotten man. Gates looks like the real deal, and to compare him to Gonzo is a tribute to both of them. But he'll have to continue his production for several more years before history remembers him in the same breath as TG.

Remember, this is the same media that is suggesting Jake Plummer be considered for the league MVP. ROFL

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Remember the media think Michael Vick is the best quarterback.

Cormac
11-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Remember the media thought Kordell Stewart was the best quarterback.

just another slant

Reaper16
11-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Coming to an NFL field near you, in 2006:
Mercedes Lewis is The Next Tony Gonzales.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
If Gonzo, Holmes, or anyone else wants to get more media love for their accomplishments, I suggest they go play for a good team.

Doing great things on a shitty team never gets noticed like doing good things on a good team.