PDA

View Full Version : Vikings interested in Kuharich?

tk13
11-01-2005, 02:28 AM
From Jeffrey Flanagan's column in the Star today....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13047735.htm

Reports in Minneapolis have surfaced that the Vikings are looking for someone to oversee their football operations next season and that they have their eyes on Tom Dimitroff, director of scouting for New England; Will Lewis, pro personnel director for Seattle; Rick Smith, director of scouting for Denver; and Bill Kuharich, vice president of pro personnel for the Chiefs.

Kuharich was formerly general manager of the Saints.

Mecca
11-01-2005, 02:31 AM
I think he was the GM when they traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams. I can't say it would be any kind of major loss to our organization.

tk13
11-01-2005, 02:33 AM
I think he was the GM when they traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams. I can't say it would be any kind of major loss to our organization.
Yeah, he was the guy. I guess Ditka wanted to do it, but Kuharich was the guy who obviously swung the deal...

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Suits me. Maybe aliens will swoop down and clean out the rest of the FO.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm going to have to hear an arguement for why we should keep Kuharich before I care.

Is he part of the same pro personnel department that brought us Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon, Shawn Barber, Kendrell Bell, and Carlos Hall?

Phobia
11-01-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm going to have to hear an arguement for why we should keep Kuharich before I care.

Is he part of the same pro personnel department that brought us Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon, Shawn Barber, Kendrell Bell, and Carlos Hall?

And resigned our own people. Woods, Hicks, Bartee all in one year.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 08:04 AM
And resigned our own people. Woods, Hicks, Bartee all in one year.Yea, that pretty much trumps any of his bad FA moves.

Can we take up a collection to get him a U-Haul?

Ralphy Boy
11-01-2005, 08:05 AM
And resigned our own people. Woods, Hicks, Bartee all in one year.

And brought in Trent Green, Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison, Casey Weigmann, Brian Waters, Larry Johnson.

dirk digler
11-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Who cares let them have him.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 08:16 AM
And brought in Trent Green, Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison, Casey Weigmann, Brian Waters, Larry Johnson.Draft picks like LJ aren't the territory of the pro personnel department.

And if you really want to get into a good vs bad debate, I think the bads will add up to a much larger pile.

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Do we have a chance to get someone better than this guy or should we let the new regime pick his own people?

Danush
11-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Do we have a chance to get someone better than this guy or should we let the new regime pick his own people?

Yes and yes.

KCChiefsFan88
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Any chance they'd be interested in Peterson also.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2005, 01:25 PM
good riddance

p.s. our scouting dept and GM are available too