PDA

View Full Version : Oakland...Who's going?

jspchief
11-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Wondering who all's going to the Oakland game.

I'll be there at the same spot we tailgated at for the 37 Forever weekend, as soon as the gates open.

Anyone who wants to stop by is more than welcome. Bring your drinks and your food, and you can use my grill if you need to cook. The more the merrier. This may be my last game this year, so I want to do it right.

If anyone doesn't know where the spot is, look to this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126272&highlight=tailgating

Phobia, if you are going to this game, let me know. I'll get my table. I assume you'll also be trying to get to that spot?

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 07:15 AM
I'll be there. I'll bring the Jager this time. :D

jspchief
11-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I'll be there. I'll bring the Jager this time. :DI'm bringing my buddy who owns the best sportsbar in Des Moines. He told me if I bring the food, he'll provide the booze. I don't expect any shortage of Jaeger. :thumb:

Are you going to the ISU vs K-state game?

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm bringing my buddy who owns the best sportsbar in Des Moines. He told me if I bring the food, he'll provide the booze. I don't expect any shortage of Jaeger. :thumb:

Are you going to the ISU vs K-state game?
Alright. Any food items I should bring?

Yeah. We nixed the hotel though, since the game is at 1:00.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Alright. Any food items I should bring?

Yeah. We nixed the hotel though, since the game is at 1:00.If you want to eat, bring your own stuff. I'm only packing for a couple people. There may be extras or leftovers, but no guarantee.

Anyone can use my grill though, so if you bring meat, I'll provide the fire.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Phobia's sitting with us in 338,other than that I don't know much.

I'm also going to have 5-7 additional guests who want to tailgate,so if that doesn't work with my normal group we may join you guys if you're okay with that.

Sully
11-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I'll be there...

Warrior5
11-01-2005, 08:37 AM

I'll be in 334; I'll try to wander down to say hi.

Scorp
11-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I will be there and be drunk as hell. Who cares if we win anymore? Even if we make the playoffs it will be one and done. Just gonna go and have a good time.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Thing is using my ticket this week.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 09:29 AM

Stop by the tailgate as well.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Thing is using my ticket this week.

You let a damn Raiduhs fan have your ticket.

Lurch
11-01-2005, 09:34 AM
You let a damn Raiduhs fan have your ticket.

Yeah, Duhnise is gonna "share" the seat with Thing if you know what I mean.

WebGem
11-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll be there. I dunno where you guys tailgate though.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I'll be there. I dunno where you guys tailgate though.

There's a link in the topic post.

Seek
11-01-2005, 02:37 PM

I'm also going to have 5-7 additional guests who want to tailgate,so if that doesn't work with my normal group we may join you guys if you're okay with that.

I will be in 334.

Area 51
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
mebby

Seek
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM

OOOOh what seats. I am in 334. Row three seat 11 and 12 just oustide of the tunnel.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Anyone who is considering going, but worried about not knowing anyone... don't worry.

I barely know anyone there either, and the only reason I know some of the people now is because I made an effort to meet them. I'm trying to make an area that is hospitable to everyone that posts on the Chiefsplanet.

If you don't have a tailgate to attend, show up to this one. Worst case scenario is you think we're all drunken clowns. Best case scenario is you meet some new people and are that much more comfortable stopping by the next game.

This is open to anyone. I'm not going to feed you or get you drunk, but I will let you use my grill, and I will have a beer with you.

Tuckdaddy
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I am! Driving up with a Raider fan all the way from the back hills of Arkansas. I don 't have faith in this team anymore but it will be great to be home and at Arrowhead.

RedandGold
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I'll be up their with my wife and her uncle, who is a Raiders fan. As long as he doesn't drink too much, it should be a good time!

Iowanian
11-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm listed as questionable on the injury report.

If a Big Buck deer is Mortally Injured saturday....I'm probable to come down and scalp a ticket.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Will Raiders fans be allowed there? I'm ok with the rest of the bunch (obviously)..but RAIDERS fans?

Warrior5
11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
OOOOh what seats. I am in 334. Row three seat 11 and 12 just oustide of the tunnel.

Don't have the tickets in front of me right now, but I think I'm in row 4 right next to the tunnel (should be right behind you). I'll wear my Chiefsplanet hat.

I won't be drunk, but I WILL be loud.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Will Raiders fans be allowed there? I'm ok with the rest of the bunch (obviously)..but RAIDERS fans?

I'm going to have 3 of them with me,although they're debating on whether to wear their Raiduhs gear.I couldn't say no as it's a birthday present for an old friend.

cookster50
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I'll be there. 314. I've never tailgated, not sure I see the point since I don't drink. Other than rinking and eating, what do you peeps do when you tailgate?

Sully
11-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I may stop by, assuming that somewhere on this thread that I've overlooked is where folks will be.

4th and Long
11-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll be there. 314. I've never tailgated, not sure I see the point since I don't drink. Other than rinking and eating, what do you peeps do when you tailgate?
They have this cool game they play called, "Pin The Tail On The Sober Guy." I hear Phil has a cool stapler/air compressor combo that will shoot a staple 3 inches straight into flesh. Gotta love those construction guys.

4th and Long
11-01-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm going to have 3 of them with me,although they're debating on whether to wear their Raiduhs gear.I couldn't say no as it's a birthday present for an old friend.
Pretty cool of you to take a birthday boy with ya, even though he's a Fade fan. I'd go if I had a ticket but alsa, I do not. I'll be spending my birthday weekend at home, rooting from my chair for a Chiefs win against Chokeland.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM

Listen to good tunes,annoy Raiduhs fans,throw the football,annoy Raiduhs fans,shoot the shit about the game and whatever else,annoy Raiduhs fans......

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Pretty cool of you to take a birthday boy with ya, even though he's a Fade fan.

He knows I hate the Raiduhs more than any other team and that I'll be sporting my Raider Hater shirt etc..He's not real comfortable about wearing his Raiduhs gear but I told him other than some friendly ribbing he should be okay.

Besides,he's a cop,I told him if he's that worried just wear his badge on his gear.

shaneo69
11-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I will be at the game....but probably won't get to the stadium until about 11:00. Leaving St. Louis about 6:45 and stopping in Columbia for breakfast. Doubt if we'll have time to tailgate. We're in section 323, row 27.

4th and Long
11-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Besides,he's a cop,I told him if he's that worried just wear his badge on his gear.
What is it with you and men in uniform at Chiefs games? ROFL

ENDelt260
11-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Last game of the year? You mean we won't be doing Jager bombs before the Christmas Eve game?

ENDelt260
11-01-2005, 07:05 PM

Everyone would just assume he killed the cop and stole the badge.

Calcountry
11-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Maybe some day, I'll get to fly out there and hook up for a game. Oh well, at least this is a "local" market game for me, even if there is a hurricane and they move it to Friday.

Cochise
11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Everyone would just assume he killed the cop and stole the badge.

ROFL

Phobia
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm in for sure. I may bring some beer for me to drink and stuff.

BigRedChief
11-01-2005, 08:05 PM
I will be at the game....but probably won't get to the stadium until about 11:00. Leaving St. Louis about 6:45 and stopping in Columbia for breakfast. Doubt if we'll have time to tailgate. We're in section 323, row 27.

Nah you will spend your time in a traffic jam trying to get into the parking lot and then batle the parking lot nazis on where to park. Your gonna have fun arriving that late.:)

jspchief
11-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Last game of the year? You mean we won't be doing Jager bombs before the Christmas Eve game?Maybe last game of the year.

It will depend on business.

shaneo69
11-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Nah you will spend your time in a traffic jam trying to get into the parking lot and then batle the parking lot nazis on where to park. Your gonna have fun arriving that late.:)

It's not too bad coming from the east. We get off at the 40 Highway exit and take it down to Blue Ridge Cutoff, where we get in the far right lane and enter the stadium at that first gate. We've got there 3.5 hours before gametime during the pre-season and had the same amount of traffic as we do at 10:50 on a Sunday for a noon game.

luv
11-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm saving my voice for the Denver game 12/4. :D

Seek
11-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Don't have the tickets in front of me right now, but I think I'm in row 4 right next to the tunnel (should be right behind you). I'll wear my Chiefsplanet hat.

I won't be drunk, but I WILL be loud.

I will be wearing a DJ jerseay and probably my white Chiefs Coalition hat, unless it is really warm out, then it would be a visor.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Listen to good tunes,annoy Raiduhs fans,throw the football,annoy Raiduhs fans,shoot the shit about the game and whatever else,annoy Raiduhs fans......
What the hell else is there in life?...............okay besides sex and believe me you don't want to see me doing that at a tailgate.

Phobia
11-02-2005, 10:00 AM
What the hell else is there in life?...............okay besides sex and believe me you don't want to see me doing that at a tailgate.

I'd watch that once.

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I'd watch that once.
http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Fitting_In.jpg

BigRedChief
11-02-2005, 09:38 PM
bump for a Planet get together

ENDelt260
11-02-2005, 10:07 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Fitting_In.jpg
Actually, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those guys don't wanna see you f*ck either.

philfree
11-02-2005, 10:25 PM
I can't make this one because I have a paid trip to SD to hunt the Roosters. Hunting Sat, Sun and Monday. I pretty sure I can bag my limit from 10:00 till 12:00 on Sunday but I'll catch hell if I don't hunt all day. They guide has made sure the game was taped for me before so I could watch it after the hunt without any knowledge of what happened but last year they messed it up. I bailed early not knowing that and caught the end of our loss to the Bucs....This trip instead of yelling Rooster I'm gonna yell Raider instead. .......I love to bird hunt but I hope it rains on Sunday starting at about 11:30.......If they turn their back on me and I'm near a vehicle I'll be gone :) They know that though........... :banghead:

PhilFree:arrow:

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I'll be at the Raider game :rockon:

I'll be wearing my ChiefsPlanet cap

greg63
11-03-2005, 06:30 AM
I won’t be going, but I'll give this a bump for whoever is. :thumb:

BigRedChief
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
chit man looks like I'll just be able to visit the tailgate this time. Got out of towners coming in and will be tailgating elsewhere.

jspchief, You have to make it back for the Broncos game.

jspchief
11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
chit man looks like I'll just be able to visit the tailgate this time. Got out of towners coming in and will be tailgating elsewhere.

jspchief, You have to make it back for the Broncos game.Actually, I will definately be there for the Broncos game. I kind of forgot about that one when I said this may be my last.

Brace yourself though, I will be with at least one Bronco fan, and possibly more.

If you have a chance, stop by this weekend and say Hi. I know how it is when you're with others though. Sometimes tough to get away.

AirForceChief
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I'll be there w/ my family. I'll most likely slip away from my wife and child to wander the parking lot before the game. I'll see if I can find the hill...

BTW, I have an extra ticket I'd let go for face value. If interested shoot me a PM!

BigRedChief
11-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Brace yourself though, I will be with at least one Bronco fan, and possibly more.
Yeah I'll be dragging one with me also to that game. :mad:

LocoChiefsFan
11-03-2005, 07:46 PM
I'll be in 323 also. Row 7. I'm bringing a Arrowhead Rookie. Want his first AH experiance to one to remember. We plan on parking at the Hotel across the overpass. It wouldn't be a problem if we carried our cooler over with us? Thanks for the open invite. We'll be there.

Phobia
11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
FWIW, the elusive AustinChief will be at the tailgate.

mike_b_284
11-03-2005, 08:14 PM
reminds me of one of my first ah experiences.

It was a warm mid-October game must have been '97 Raiders @ Kansas City. I was probably 12 my parents had some friends from Baltimore in town. We got there late, about half way through the first quarter. I vividly remember coming out of the tunnel into the upper level, just above the tv boxes. When that roar hits you and you see the sea of red it makes you feel almost superhuman, an instant sense of belonging...sniffle. We won in overtime good, good times. I think that is when I knew I would be a Chiefs fan for life.

I hope your rookie will feel the same way loco

jspchief
11-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I'll be in 323 also. Row 7. I'm bringing a Arrowhead Rookie. Want his first AH experiance to one to remember. We plan on parking at the Hotel across the overpass. It wouldn't be a problem if we carried our cooler over with us? Thanks for the open invite. We'll be there.It won't be a problem for you to just bring a cooler. I'll even let you store it in my truck during the game if you want.

I assume you have someone that actually hasa room in that hotel? Because they won't just let you park there.

LocoChiefsFan
11-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Unless they changed their policy, they charge 10 bucks to park there. I've done it 3 times. I was going to ask if we could leave the cooler there during the game.

BigRedChief
11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
FWIW, the elusive AustinChief will be at the tailgate.

Chit we will have to get some pics to prove it really exsists.:)

BigRedChief
11-04-2005, 08:04 AM
X marks the spot:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=47904&stc=1

Hoover
11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Cool, My brother and I will be there.

Is it possible to take a cab to the game from a downtown Hotel? What about getting a cab back, or should I just drive.

Also how will I know what tail gate is the right one?

I don't want to be yelling jspchief over and over looking like a dumb ass.

jspchief
11-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Cool, My brother and I will be there.

Is it possible to take a cab to the game from a downtown Hotel? What about getting a cab back, or should I just drive.

Also how will I know what tail gate is the right one?

I don't want to be yelling jspchief over and over looking like a dumb ass.Check the thread I linked in the thread starter. It has a picture of my suburban and Phobia's truck.

The front of my burban will have a flag pole with a large chiefs flag and a smaller 37 forever flag. There will be a red canopy and a white canopy, and one of the canopies may have a big 37 forever banner.

I don't know if cabs go in there or not.

Hoover
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Check the thread I linked in the thread starter. It has a picture of my suburban and Phobia's truck.

The front of my burban will have a flag pole with a large chiefs flag and a smaller 37 forever flag. There will be a red canopy and a white canopy, and one of the canopies may have a big 37 forever banner.

I don't know if cabs go in there or not.
So there will be some chic with a kid waving me in?

Thanks man, see ya Sunday!

Sully
11-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Damn, that X is right across from where I always tailgate. I'll come by and say hi...

BigRedChief
11-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Damn, that X is right across from where I always tailgate. I'll come by and say hi...

Damn high flouting fans.:mad: never say Hi to us lesser fans...You probably have seats on the club level huh? :p

Sully
11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Nope... been on row 33 in the 300s for 15 years... never even tried to upgrade. I actually tailgate in the lot on that map that's not even marked...

Nzoner
11-05-2005, 09:00 AM
We're going to grab some food with our regular group and then walk across to say hey and have some drinks.

BTW,OUR GROUP HAS AN EXTRA TICKET,if you don't mind sitting with Phobia and me as well as a couple of Raider fans.

LocoChiefsFan
11-05-2005, 09:11 PM
JSPChief, we're going to try to stop by u'r tailgate. We'll be there around 9:30ish or so. See ya all at the game.

BigRedChief
11-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I'll make it up there about 9:30 also

jspchief
11-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Ok guys. Looking forward to tipping one back with all of you. Go Chiefs!