PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Walls..

The Bad Guy
11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Broncos cut him today. He should be ready to play in 2 weeks.

KC better sign him.

Dunit35
11-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I saw he was put on injured reserve and they reached a injury settlement with him and he got beat out by 2 rookies.

SNR
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Ray Crockett Jr.

tk13
11-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I've never been all that impressed with him other than the fact that he's really tall. He's definitely worth a workout though. I'm in the minority but I'd take Kelly Herndon and Darent Williams over him. This is why we continually suck at defense. Our fans and coaches want perfectly built 6'0" corners with blazing speed, while Mike Shanahan gets corners that can play football.

nychief
11-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Our fans and coaches want perfectly built 6'0" corners with blazing speed, while Mike Shanahan gets corners that can play football.

Benny Sapp would seem to be the exception to both of those trends.

siberian khatru
11-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Ray Crockett Jr.

I loved his hit song "Ghostbusters."

Rain Man
11-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Walls isn't that bad, unless he's hurt.

stevieray
11-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I loved his hit song "Ghostbusters."

don't forget the mullet.

SNR
11-01-2005, 05:46 PM
I've never been all that impressed with him other than the fact that he's really tall. He's definitely worth a workout though. I'm in the minority but I'd take Kelly Herndon and Darent Williams over him. This is why we continually suck at defense. Our fans and coaches want perfectly built 6'0" corners with blazing speed, while Mike Shanahan gets corners that can play football.A blind dog eventually finds his food.

Does the name Nash ring a bell?

The Bad Guy
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I've never been all that impressed with him other than the fact that he's really tall. He's definitely worth a workout though. I'm in the minority but I'd take Kelly Herndon and Darent Williams over him. This is why we continually suck at defense. Our fans and coaches want perfectly built 6'0" corners with blazing speed, while Mike Shanahan gets corners that can play football.

Walls impressed me in the few times I saw him play. We are 31st in pass D in the NFL and we have currently nothing after Surtain, Sapp, Warfield. He's better than McCleon and he's young.

I don't see the problem. Plus, Denver is a division rival and it could be good to get someone who has been on the inside there for the whole season.

shaneo69
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Walls is good, but I think his shoulder is a chronic thing that we may not want to mess with.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM

Herdon is with Sea. We have Williams, Foxworth, and Paymah as rookie corners. We have Curome Cox off the PS. Sam Brandon plays some corner and Champ.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Walls has the wrong attitude to be a good corner right now...that could change...combine that with his lack of playing due to injury...and there you go.

shaneo69
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Herdon is with Sea. We have Williams, Foxworth, and Paymah as rookie corners. We have Curome Cox off the PS. Sam Brandon plays some corner and Champ.

What have you guys taken, like 8 CB's in the last two drafts? Chiefs probably should've done something like that. CB's and DT's.

CoMoChief
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Almost damn near anybody is better than McCleon at the #2 CB position.

tk13
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I realize that. That was just an example. I was one of those pushing for us to go after Herndon last year. I was referring to how they let Herndon start over Walls last year even though 99 out of 100 people would've never thought Herndon was the better corner if you saw them standing side by side.

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
He'd be better at defending Moss than McCleon. :shake:

Douche Baggins
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm all for it. He might not work out at corner, but I think he'd be a great candidate for free safety.

If anything, he'd be great depth. I'd rather have him out there than McCleon in the event Patrick Surtain or Warfield get hurt.

listopencil
11-01-2005, 11:03 PM
He started out looking pretty good but just never got any better. He's also banged up a lot. Might work well as a Free Safety next year. That's about it.

B_Ambuehl
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
How did Brandon Browner look in preseason for you guys? I saw that he wasn't drafted and then saw that he ended up on the roster there towards the end. Did he end up on IR?

listopencil
11-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, he messed up his arm and is now on IR. I heard a lot of good stuff about him before the injury.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm all for it. He might not work out at corner, but I think he'd be a great candidate for free safety.

If anything, he'd be great depth. I'd rather have him out there than McCleon in the event Patrick Surtain or Warfield get hurt.

That's my view, he's always been a free safety trying to play corner.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
If he can avoid injuries, Lenny will be an above average starting NFL corner for many years to come. He has excellent size and speed. He hit a pretty rough patch this year but before that, when he was on the field he was very good in coverage although he didnt always hold onto potential interceptions.

Taco John
11-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Walls needs a wake-up call. I think this is it. He's worth taking a flyer on to be sure. He's been getting burnt, but when he's motivated, he can be one of the hardest workers on the team.

As far as talent goes, I don't think he's particularly gifted with natural CB instincts. But people marvel at his size and his speed for his size, and that seems to do it for some folks.

Mile High Mania
11-02-2005, 06:24 AM
I liked the potential with Walls and wish him success outside the AFCW... as for Walls getting burned and needing a wake up call, same goes for Champ.

I'm fine with him sitting until he's completely healthy... the rookies can give up 90 yard TDs just as easy, but I'd expect that from a rookie.

Back on topic... I think Walls will be snatched up pretty quickly, possibly by Dallas with Glenn being hurt.