PDA

View Full Version : Christmas music? F***ING CHRISTMAS MUSIC????

siberian khatru
11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I am a Christmas junkie. I love all the trappings, including Christmas music.

But this is absolutely nuts: A local radio station today began playing nothing but Christmas music 24/7. IIRC, this station the past few years has done this beginning the day after Thanksgiving, which makes perfect sense. BUT NOV. 1??????????

Totally insane.

And BTW, this is one of the stations that normally plays those 70s wimp-rock songs I like (see other thread).

:)

Halfcan
11-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Get in the Christmas mood and quit be a Scrooge. After all it is November 1st Only 54 shopping days left.

Nzoner
11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
We passed a house last Friday evening that already had a decorated tree in the window.

DaFace
11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
For what it's worth, I despise Christmas music with a fiery passion. I don't mind it on Christmas Day and while shopping, but I would rather just go on with normal music other than that.

listopencil
11-01-2005, 10:57 PM
What this country needs are some really kick-ass Halloween songs.

greg63
11-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Get in the Christmas mood and quit be a Scrooge. After all it is November 1st Only 54 shopping days left.

ROFLROFLROFL

...After all it's been one whole day since Halloween.

luv
11-02-2005, 12:15 AM
They start selling Christmas decorations about two weeks before Halloween gets here. As soon as they start selling out of Halloween stuff, the condense it down and start on the Christmas stuff. Pretty soon, there will no longer be Black Fridays after Thanksgiving. I can see November 1 becoming the official first day of Christmas shopping season.

We haven't had any of our radio stations start on the Christmas music yet though.

Rausch
11-02-2005, 12:18 AM
I hate every and anything that has to do with Christmas.

Can't stand it. Hate it.

The only plus is it's the one day of the year my entire family is $#ithouse ****ing drunk...

luv
11-02-2005, 12:27 AM
I hate every and anything that has to do with Christmas.

Can't stand it. Hate it.

The only plus is it's the one day of the year my entire family is $#ithouse ****ing drunk...
Thanksgiving--
Dad goes to friend's mom's house
Mom goes to boyfriend's mom's house
Brother goes to his MIL's house

I usually get brought leftovers.

Christmas--
Christmas at mom's week before or weekend before
Christmas at dad's usually about the same time frame as mom's
Brother does Christmas with just his wife and kids on Christmas morning. By that time, I've already had Christmas with them twice at mom's and dad's. I have to split the presents for my nieces and nephew, so they will have something from Aunt LeAnn at both places.

Christmas Day. Just another day.

Miles
11-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I completly dispise Christmas music. Just find it really irritating.

luv
11-02-2005, 12:33 AM
I love the Trans-Siberian(sp?) Orchestra!

Rausch
11-02-2005, 12:34 AM

Agreed...

luv
11-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Agreed...
Y'all are a couple of SCROOGES!

Silent Night
Come All Ye Faithful
Noel

Jingle Bells
Rudolph
Frosty

Miles
11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Y'all are a couple of SCROOGES!

Silent Night
Come All Ye Faithful
Noel

Jingle Bells
Rudolph
Frosty

Yeah can't say im a fan of listing to that shit over and over. I have no problem with Christmas at all. Just can't stand the music.

The worst shit is when country is combined with Christmas music thereby creating the ultimate bad music.

elvomito
11-02-2005, 01:15 AM
what a wonderful world!

Saggysack
11-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Get used to hearing and seeing about Christmas crap earlier and earier every year. It's a marketing conspiracy!

Viva La Revolución

Troy1220
11-02-2005, 06:04 AM
I own 2 radio stations in Western Michigan. Being the first radio station in the market has proved to be a gimmick that will help you win ratings points and pull in big advertising dollars. The problem is that stations are pulling the trigger earlier and earlier, and the ploy is losing its effectiveness.

Troy

Simplex3
11-02-2005, 06:09 AM
We passed a house last Friday evening that already had a decorated tree in the window.
We had a lady move in down the street and leave their Christmas tree up, lights and all, for two years solid.

Simplex3
11-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Thanksgiving--
Dad goes to friend's mom's house
Mom goes to boyfriend's mom's house
Brother goes to his MIL's house

I usually get brought leftovers.

Christmas--
Christmas at mom's week before or weekend before
Christmas at dad's usually about the same time frame as mom's
Brother does Christmas with just his wife and kids on Christmas morning. By that time, I've already had Christmas with them twice at mom's and dad's. I have to split the presents for my nieces and nephew, so they will have something from Aunt LeAnn at both places.

Christmas Day. Just another day.
Ok, that's sad. :deevee:

angel
11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
pretty soon, it'll be after the 4th of July that they start playing Christmas music

Nzoner
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
We had a lady move in down the street and leave their Christmas tree up, lights and all, for two years solid.

I have to own up that if I could get by with leaving the outside lights up I'd do it,there's nothing that gives me more frustration than fighting with them every year.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I don't really mind it all. The only thing I dislike about the Christmas season is having to wait longer for things. Traffic is always worst, and people go out to eat more.

It is just a product of what we have all created.

luv
11-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok, that's sad. :deevee:
Don't cry for me. I usually get invited to go with both mom or dad on Thanksgiving. I would just feel weird going because it's not my family, and the only people I would know in either case are my parents. Didn't mean for that to be a sob story. I can sleep in, watch a football game, then eat leftovers that night. It's actually not bad at all. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-02-2005, 10:47 AM
The only Christmas song I like...

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel,
You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch,
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch,
Your heart's an empty hole,
Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul, Mr. Grinch,
I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch,
You have termites in your smile,
You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, Mr. Grinch,
Given a choice between the two of you I'd take the seasick crocodile!

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch,
You're the king of sinful sots,
You're a heart of dead tomato washed with moldy purple spots, Mr. Grinch,
You're a three decker sauerkrauten toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch,
With a nauseous (super not?),
You're a crooked dirty jockey and you drive a crooked horse, Mr. Grinch,
Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful
assortment of rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled up knots!

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch,
You're a nasty wasty skunk,
Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mr. Grinch,
The three words that best describe you are, and I quote,
"Stink, stank, stunk

jynni
11-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Walmart has the left over Halloween candy for 50% off.

They also had the Christmas stuff on the other side of the aisle.

Personally - I don't start any holiday crap until the day after Thanksgiving.

luv
11-02-2005, 11:14 AM

Neither do I. I like getting up early on Black Friday (the ONLY day I like getting early, or just not sleeping the night before) to hit the sales. I've never seen anything funnier in my life than adults racing (literally running) down the isles with shopping carts, usually towards the electronics deparment. Hilarious!

siberian khatru
11-02-2005, 11:16 AM

I turn on Christmas music after the Thanksgiving table is cleared.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Neither do I. I like getting up early on Black Friday (the ONLY day I like getting early, or just not sleeping the night before) to hit the sales. I've never seen anything funnier in my life than adults racing (literally running) down the isles with shopping carts, usually towards the electronics deparment. Hilarious!
Yep. And the deals aren't even good. Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, etc...they've got the public conned into thinking Black Friday is offering "good" deals, when in reality, they are just selling you cheap junk for a low price.

angel
11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I turn on Christmas music after the Thanksgiving table is cleared.
yeah, we set up the Christmas Tree after Thanksgiving dinner every year
that's when it's appropriate to have the music start

sedated
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Get used to hearing and seeing about Christmas crap earlier and earier every year. It's a marketing conspiracy!

Next year they'll start the Christmas music on Dec. 27.

Biohazard
11-02-2005, 11:30 AM
bllluuue balls....bllluuue balls....its dollar night at the titty club

Rausch
11-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Yep. And the deals aren't even good. Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, etc...they've got the public conned into thinking Black Friday is offering "good" deals, when in reality, they are just selling you cheap junk for a low price.

A $20 DVD player is not a good deal.

It's a $20 DVD player...

luv
11-02-2005, 11:31 AM
blue balls....blue balls....its dollar night at the titty club
Damn, and I have to work.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
A $20 DVD player is not a good deal.

It's a $20 DVD player...
Indeed. The black friday "deals" set up the rest of the year for the bottom end of Electronics.

For instance, lets say they sell a DVD player for $20 this year that is normally $49.99. After christmas, that will set the standard for cheap DVD Players, $20.00. Nevermind the damn thing will probably break within 6 months, "I got a deal!"

Couple that with the hassle of waiting in massive lines for shit, forget it.

luv
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Indeed. The black friday "deals" set up the rest of the year for the bottom end of Electronics.

For instance, lets say they sell a DVD player for $20 this year that is normally $49.99. After christmas, that will set the standard for cheap DVD Players, $20.00. Nevermind the damn thing will probably break within 6 months, "I got a deal!"

I can definitely see your point. I still like going to watch human nature in action. People racing, arguing, fighting, getting impatient in line, etc. Amazes me that it all is tied to Christmas.

Biohazard
11-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I can definitely see your point. I still like going to watch human nature in action. People racing, arguing, fighting, getting impatient in line, etc. Amazes me that it all is tied to Christmas.
That is why I shop online!

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Yep. Reminds me of my previous jobs. I worked at a daycare for nearly 5 years. I only had a couple of parents who ever got upset about anything

. When I worked in retail, I saw irate customers nearly every day, yelling and screaming over a few bucks. Kinda makes you think where peoples priorities are.

greg63
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM

ROFLROFL
I did that one time, and I can't even remember what my wife sent me after, but I was at the front of the line when Wal-Mart opened their doors and I thought I was going to die! It was like being shot through a syringe.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Yep. Reminds me of my previous jobs. I worked at a daycare for nearly 5 years. I only had a couple of parents who ever got upset about anything

. When I worked in retail, I saw irate customers nearly every day, yelling and screaming over a few bucks. Kinda makes you think where peoples priorities are.
Is he saying "wuss" in your avatar?

jynni
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
They only really good buys I ever go for are usually on CDs & DVDs. Last year Target had some really good prices (Seasons 1-4 of the Simpsons for like $15 each) as did Circuit City and Best Buy.

Predarat
11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
At Wal-Mart they started dragging stuff out for Christmas 2007 last weekend.

Calcountry
11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Last year, on Christmas, the Raiders couldn't catch Dante the Red Nosed Raindeer.

Saggysack
11-02-2005, 02:50 PM

Bah... I had a ROWA, yes ROWA DVD player for 2yrs. Cost me $30.

I'm not going to spend a arm and a leg on something that is going to break or be outdated in 18mos. anyway.

kc hopeful
11-02-2005, 04:59 PM
What this country needs are some really kick-ass Halloween songs.

Halloween tunes may not be my thing but:

Mannheim Steamroller? (http://www.mannheimsteamroller.com/index2.html)

kc hopeful
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I love the Trans-Siberian(sp?) Orchestra!

These guys put on a good show-and they'll be in Amarillo in Dec!

Everyone needs to watch "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" this year!