PDA

View Full Version : FFL WR Question

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 10:40 PM
I need to pick up a WR, and I like KC's chances this week at home against the Raiders.

I've got a feeling Green will be putting up some monster numbers again this week against the porous Raiders secondary. Kennison and Gonzalez are obviously already taken in my league, so who should I pick up for this week: Hall? Boe? Horn?

There is absolutely nobody available free agent-wise in my league right now. I can wait until tomorrow and hopefully somebody will drop a player, but I've got a feeling one of the Chiefs players other than Kennison will have a big game.

Or...there are a few Vikings WR's out there: Marcus Robinson, Nate Burleson, and Taylor are all available. Will a change at QB be a good thing for one of these wideouts?

Any suggestions? (I'm alright on WR's right now, it's just that one is on a bye week and Boldin just got hurt, so I thought I'd take a wild chance one week on someone else).

KCinNY
11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I got lucky and picked up Kevin Curtis a few weeks ago when I needed WR help. He's been coming up huge for me.

See if Robert Ferguson is available.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I got lucky and picked up Kevin Curtis a few weeks ago when I needed WR help. He's been coming up huge for me.

See if Robert Ferguson is available.

Ferguson is available. However, he's out for a month

KCinNY
11-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Ferguson is available. However, he's out for a month

My bad. I meant Antonio Chatman.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 11:22 PM
My bad. I meant Antonio Chatman.

He's taken.

Not much to choose from in the free agent field. Brandon Lloyd is available, but I don't like the QB situation there.

Miles
11-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah im doing the same thing. Boldin is out and I am going to just pick someone up. I havent put a whole lot of thought into this since my season is almost screwed due to back luck and injuries but i put in a Claim for Robinson (burlson is not available). He seems to be playing better as of late and scored a TD after Culpeper went down. Burlson might have a little more upside but hasnt done much of anything since comming back from injury.

I would prefer either of those vikings WRs that taking a guess on one of KCs WRs.

Wilfords another one that will probably get picked up this week but he is more than likely just a one week wonder. I do like JAX's schedule from here out though.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah im doing the same thing. Boldin is out and I am going to just pick someone up. I havent put a whole lot of thought into this since my season is almost screwed due to back luck and injuries but i put in a Claim for Robinson (burlson is not available). He seems to be playing better as of late and scored a TD after Culpeper went down. Burlson might have a little more upside but hasnt done much of anything since comming back from injury.

I would prefer either of those vikings WRs that taking a guess on one of KCs WRs.

Wilfords another one that will probably get picked up this week but he is more than likely just a one week wonder. I do like JAX's schedule from here out though.

I just noticed Engram is available. So, I'm going after him. Hopefully nobody else in the league sees it, and I'll be able to snatch him up. Otherwise, I've got a bid in for Marcus Robinson. Wilford is available, but I share the same sentiment- I think he's nothing more than a one-week wonder. I'd almost pick up Matt Jones over him.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Is Bryant Johnson available? With Boldin going down, he should become a starter.

CosmicPal
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Is Bryant Johnson available? With Boldin going down, he should become a starter.

He is actually.

I'm going for Engram first, M. Robinson second, and Bryant Johnson third. My team's power ranking has me at 8th out of 12 teams. I don't like my chances to get Engram. Hopefully Robinson will be available, if not- I'll go for Johnson.

jspchief
11-01-2005, 11:51 PM
I would look at Engram and Robinson first also.

Is Joe Jurevicious available? I'd take him over Engram.

Johnson&Johnson
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
I'd go Marcus Robinson and then Dante Hall.

Hall is so prime for another return..he's been teasing us lately. I think the X-factor has lost the factor in his returns lately. Not as fast but still pretty nifty and quick. Seems like his legs are slowly going under him. For such a short guy with low center of gravity, its unbelievable how he keeps trippin and fallin.

Cave Johnson
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Call me a sucker for a name guy, but I'd go with Burleson over Robinson as your 2nd claim choice. Here's what Insider has to say: "He could benefit from Brad Johnson taking over the passing game as the team focuses on shorter, higher-percentage routes."

Personally, I think losing Culpepper for the season will help, not hurt, the Viking WRs. Their QB play has nowhere to go but up.

Cave Johnson
11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Not much to choose from in the free agent field. Brandon Lloyd is available, but I don't like the QB situation there.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but Lloyd is one of the top receivers for the guy I'm tied for 1st with. His other receivers are Givens, Bennett, & Glenn. He has LT, who I'd love to get in a trade. I have Tiki Barber to give up, plus a WR core of Horn, Darrell Jackson, Galloway, Branch, Curtis, Jurevicius, & Burleson (or Porter, if I can claim him on waivers). Any suggestions on who I should offer to get him?

CosmicPal
11-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but Lloyd is one of the top receivers for the guy I'm tied for 1st with. His other receivers are Givens, Bennett, & Glenn. He has LT, who I'd love to get in a trade. I have Tiki Barber to give up, plus a WR core of Horn, Darrell Jackson, Galloway, Branch, Curtis, Jurevicius, & Burleson (or Porter, if I can claim him on waivers). Any suggestions on who I should offer to get him?

I doubt he trades with you. Nobody wants to trade with their biggest competition.

Besides, Barber has passed on his bye week and LT has yet to have his. Keep Barber.

You have a reputable set of WR's- not sure why you need so many, but that's up to you. If you're comfortable with your starting positions everywhere else, then by all means keep all of them.
I'd drop Horn and pick up a free agent who will be good insurance in any of your positions. Or now is a great time to take a chance on a rookie. It's that time of year where rookies will start getting more playing time on those teams that are out of the playoffs.

Cave Johnson
11-02-2005, 07:47 PM
I'd drop Horn and pick up a free agent who will be good insurance in any of your positions.

If you're thinking of Chris Horn, I'd on board 100%. However, I can't see dropping Joe Horn, especially after he went for 99 yds in his first full game back from injury.

You have a reputable set of WR's- not sure why you need so many, but that's up to you.

The initial rationale for carring 7 WRs was injuries to Jackson and Horn. Also, they were better than the waiver options at RB. Now, I'd like to use them to upgrade at other positions.