PDA

View Full Version : Wide Open

runnercyclist
11-02-2005, 02:16 AM
I just watched the game again. Anyone else sick of hearing these words when associated with the opposing receivers? I stopped counting when it hit double digits.

Why can't anyone we have cover anybody?

Taco John
11-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Psyche.

KcMizzou
11-02-2005, 02:52 AM
You felt the need to point this out? We all saw it. Shut the f*ck up.

ChiefsFanatic
11-02-2005, 03:29 AM
You felt the need to point this out? We all saw it. Shut the f*ck up.

He was not pointing it out. He was asking if you are sick of it? Or was your post a witty bit sarcasm directed at the very announcers that point out that opposing receivers are always wide open?

Being a Mizzou fan, I doubt that you are that clever.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 03:40 AM
When you have no pass rush, guys tend to get wide open.

tk13
11-02-2005, 03:52 AM
He was not pointing it out. He was asking if you are sick of it? Or was your post a witty bit sarcasm directed at the very announcers that point out that opposing receivers are always wide open?

Being a Mizzou fan, I doubt that you are that clever.
Keep your head down, or that sarcasm that just went right over your head is gonna take a crap on your face.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 03:57 AM
Keep your head down, or that sarcasm that just went right over your head is gonna take a crap on your face.

You just reminded me of when I was in elementary school. We were all out at recess and this bird flew over and crapped right on this kids head/face.

tk13
11-02-2005, 03:59 AM
I agree with that. It'd be nice to have a better front 4 rush. But it does frustrate me that we aren't bumping or checking these guys off the line more often. At least doing something. Even bad defenses beat the living crap out of Tony Gonzalez, we let guys like Terrell Owens run free off the line like it's time for a tea party in the garden. I have a hard time believing our CB's and LB's are being coached to do that and are just not listening. Either Gunther is just not taking control, or he is and all these guys we've added have the IQ of a bubble gum wrapper. We're facing these elite pass receivers and we're treating them like they're just some 3rd stringer that we shouldn't worry about. You figure it out.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 04:20 AM
They coaching and the play style to me, looks like they're scared. It's like they refuse to get up on the guys to jam and just play back because they're afraid of giving up a big play. The defense looks and plays like it would rather be nickel and dimed to death to the endzone than taking any chances to make a play.

Claynus
11-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Except that we're STILL giving up yards in chunks. This isn't the spinner D out there.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2005, 05:00 AM
Our safetys cant cover for crap. Its mostly the guys wide open over the middle of the field. I want a young hard hitting safety ala, Sean Taylor/Roy Williams on this team next year. We also have a piss poor pass rush of course....

Mecca
11-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Our safetys cant cover for crap. Its mostly the guys wide open over the middle of the field. I want a young hard hitting safety ala, Sean Taylor/Roy Williams on this team next year. We also have a piss poor pass rush of course....

Sean Taylor and Roy Williams are also horrible in coverage........doesn't that contradict your arguement?

Psyko Tek
11-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Sean Taylor and Roy Williams are also horrible in coverage........doesn't that contradict your arguement?

you know it would be real nice to at least see them pay for makin' a catch

at least let them know it's a full contact sport

Gaz
11-02-2005, 07:12 AM

There it is.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has nothing valuable to add to this bit of wisdom.

CupidStunt
11-02-2005, 07:51 AM

Both are prone to big plays... but Sean Taylor is a VERY good cover guy, just inconsistent. He took Randy Moss out of his game for the majority... and then got beat on one play.

Our safeties get beat 99% of the time they're tested.

Mecca
11-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Both are prone to big plays... but Sean Taylor is a VERY good cover guy, just inconsistent. He took Randy Moss out of his game for the majority... and then got beat on one play.

Our safeties get beat 99% of the time they're tested.

Sean Taylor has all the talent and ability in the world he just has a 10 cent brain.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
it's one thing to have a guy get beaten or make a good catch.... it's quite another to not have a guy within 3 yrds of the receiver.

IMO if you don't have a guy within 3 yards of the receiver then you had a breakdown in scheme/coaching

even McCleon is generally within 3 yards while he's getting his ass beat.

our defensive scheme is being coached badly and adjustments aren't being made correctly.

we had no real viable plan for covering Gates and it showed.

our defensive players may not be great, but they aren't this bad.

hasn't peter guinta pretty much always sucked?