PDA

View Full Version : Self reels in another

irishjayhawk
11-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, but I did search.

Itís big news when a Top 10 prospect makes a commitment and this week one of the nationís most promising junior prospects made a decision. Cole Aldrich is off the board in 2007. -Phog.net

He pulled in the junior yesturday.

Self is truly the stud recruiter.

CoMoChief
11-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Didn't he also get the top prep guard in the nation to verbally committ as well for 2006-07 season?

The Jayhawks are gonna be studly good the season after this one, and for a few years to come.

sedated
11-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Jayhawks don't rebuild, we reload.

(yes, it's a cliche, but it's true.)

Dr. Facebook Fever
Didn't he also get the top prep guard in the nation to verbally committ as well for 2006-07 season?

The Jayhawks are gonna be studly good the season after this one, and for a few years to come.
Lets just hope they keep their word and then stay for more than a year.

CoMoChief
That being said he needs to recruit some kick ass big men. Kaun, Jackson, Moody don't scare anyone. The only one who is worth any value to the team at all in CJ Giles, and he can't ever get healthy.

Or maybe I've just been spoiled from seeing great big men at KU like Simien, Collison, and Gooden.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-02-2005, 11:45 AM
That being said he needs to recruit some kick ass big men. Kaun, Jackson, Moody don't scare anyone. The only one who is worth any value to the team at all in CJ Giles, and he can't ever get healthy.
I don't know... Christian Moody frightens me a little. That may be because he looks more like he should be working at a hog farm than be on a basketball court though.

Nothing against hog farmers.

vailpass
11-02-2005, 11:54 AM

How is this kid in bar parking lot fights? What is his 40 (oz.) time?
Where will he fit in the (police) lineup?

Saulbadguy
11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
;)
Says the Hawkeye fan.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/iowa/sports/m-baskbl/auto_headshot/66602.jpeg

irishjayhawk
11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Yes, but his backcourts are spot on shooters and excellent ball handlers. Granted, you still need bigmen, but the outside shot presents a big challenge for defenders.

That said, this kid should be something you're talking about

Lzen
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM

Ha ha ha, jackass. :cuss:

Actually, Giddens wasn't a Bill Self recruit. He had problems before he ever came to KU. I'm glad to see him gone, though.

sedated
11-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Self's first goal was to strengthen the backcourt.

He's always liked many combo guards, ie Illinois last year - who were their big men?

And at Tulsa he made the Sweet 16 playing 4 guards.

Braincase
11-02-2005, 12:29 PM
I don't know... Christian Moody frightens me a little. That may be because he looks more like he should be working at a hog farm than be on a basketball court though.

He's pre-med... hope you see him in an Emergency Room someday... ROFL

Mr. Laz
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
he can recruit ... now let's see if he can coach.

HemiEd
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM

After reading the rest of this thread I see you have been appropriately schooled. :D

Swanman
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Self's first goal was to strengthen the backcourt.

He's always liked many combo guards, ie Illinois last year - who were their big men?

And at Tulsa he made the Sweet 16 playing 4 guards.

Illinois's big men were James Augustine and Roger Powell. They didn't set the world on fire, but Augustine was the Big Ten Tourney MVP and Powell came up huge in the Final Four game against Louisville. Illinois's lack of a banger killed them in the finals because May ran over everyone they put out there.

It's funny that Self is so good at recruiting guards, because his offense is not all that guard-friendly. I guess we'll see how Collins and his other guard recruits do in the offense.

Skip Towne
11-02-2005, 01:37 PM

Hehe. He's going to be a doctor, like his dad.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
He's pre-med... hope you see him in an Emergency Room someday... ROFL
I always offend the wrong people.

You're the man Christian... and might I say looking very chiseled lately.

ArrowheadHawk
11-02-2005, 02:35 PM
RCJHGKU!

KCChiefsMan
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
nice! hopefully Bill Self can get his type of players in and get back to our usually powerhouse form! I can't wait for the season to start, should be an interesting year to see if we can get back on the top 25!

kcjayhawks5
11-02-2005, 04:35 PM
self is an awesome recruiter! Hope this kid is worth the scholarship.

CosmicPal
11-02-2005, 04:43 PM
RCJHGKU!

Rock Chalk Jayhawks Go Kansas University!

Spicy McHaggis
11-02-2005, 07:08 PM

Or maybe I've just been spoiled from seeing great big men at KU like Simien, Collison, and Gooden.

Keep ****ing Doubting Sasha Kaun!!! :cuss: :cuss:

alanm
11-02-2005, 07:23 PM

The kids a junior. He's got a full year to change his mind. :)

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Rock Chalk, baby! :clap:

irishjayhawk
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
The kids a junior. He's got a full year to change his mind. :)
Very true, but I doubt it considering he has only truly eyed here and Minnesota. I'm sorry but if you are in the top ten players of your class (which could change during this (his junior season)) you would pick KU over Minnesota...or so I should hope. Plus he's come to late night like the last 2 years or something.