PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL Go Ravens, Packers, Texans, and Jets Thread***

cmh6476
11-02-2005, 04:20 PM
and the Chiefs of course :thumb:

Don't know if we can count on any of these teams for an upset, but even 1 or 2 would be nice :(

AFC East

I honestly don't think we have to worry about a wild card coming from this division. So I'm almost thinking we should hope Indy beats NE this week, as Indy will likely win their division anyways. For now it looks like NE will probably take the East, but it may not hurt for Indy to push them back even further.

4. New England 4-3 (3-3 AFC, 1-0 Div.)
Ind, @Mia, NO, @KC, NYJ, @Buf, TB, @NYJ, Mia

I don't think any of the other teams in the division are even worth mentioning here, unless someone goes on a run. Looks like there will be one team from the East in the playoffs IMO.

AFC North

This division gets a little tricky. Cincy leads the division, but they have played two quality teams (Pit & Jax) and have lost both contests. And, their schedule seems to get tougher from here on out. Pittsburgh's schedule seems to get easier from here on out. We can only hope that at least one of these teams starts losing some games. For now I don't see any reason to mention Baltimore or Cleveland.

3. Cincinnati 6-2 (3-2 AFC, 1-1 Div.)
@Bal, Ind, Bal, @Pit, Cle, @Det, Buf, @KC

5. Pittsburgh 5-2 (5-2 AFC, 2-0 Div.)
@GB, Cle, @Bal, @Ind, Cin, Chi, @Min, @Cle, Det

Again, we just need a clear-cut winner of this division, with the other team falling off the face of the Earth.

AFC South

Again this might get tough because Jacksonville has what seems to be cupcake schedules from here on out, and Indy doesn't seem to be slowing down.

1. Indianapolis 7-0 (5-0 AFC, 3-0 Div.)
@NE, Hou, @Cin, Pit, Ten, @Jax, SD, @Sea, Ari

7. Jacksonville 4-3 (3-2 AFC, 0-1 Div.)
Hou, Bal, @Ten, @Ari, @Cle, Ind, SF, @Hou, Ten

Do you think Jacksonville is going to lose 4 of their remaining? We can only hope...

AFC West

Everyone in our division still has a chance. I guess you could say that for any division, but it is the most true coming from the West.

2. Denver 6-2 (4-1 AFC, 2-0 Div.)
@Oak, NYJ, @Dal, @KC, Bal, @Buf, Oak, @SD

6. Kansas City 4-3 (3-2 AFC, 1-2 Div.)
Oak, @Buf, @Hou, NE, Den, @Dal, @NYG, SD, Cin

8. San Diego 4-4 (3-2 AFC, 2-1 Div.)
@NYJ, Buf, @Was, Oak, Mia, @Ind, @KC, Den

9. Oakland 3-4 (2-3 AFC, 0-2 Div.)
@KC, Den, @Was, Mia, @SD, @NYJ, Cle, @Den, NYG

--------------------------

Hopefully, Cincinnati will be exposed and start losing some games as they play stiffer competition. They started strong enough that a weak finish may still lead them into the playoffs. They do have 5 losable games in that schedule. However, I don't see Pittsburgh losing any more than 3 games that they have left.

I don't think anyone is going to slow Indy down, so we really need a couple teams to step up and beat the Jags. They have some really weak teams they play on the road, but maybe they'll drop a couple of those, and then lose to Indy and one of Houston, Baltimore or Tennessee at home.

As for ourselves, we just have to keep winning. It will be tough, but I still think we could find ourselves in with a 10-6 record. Of course that isn't a guarantee, so in the meantime go Ravens, Packers, Texans, and Jets! :thumb:

cmh6476
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
and post some PBJ PBJ PBJ 's for good karma to these teams right here in this thread!!!!

PBJ

htismaqe
11-02-2005, 04:50 PM
So you're rooting for 4 teams that will go a collective 0-4 this weekend...

cmh6476
11-02-2005, 07:27 PM
So you're rooting for 4 teams that will go a collective 0-4 this weekend...more than likely :(

what's the spreads? :shrug:

KChiefsQT
11-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm jumping on this bandwagon. We had a great week the week before last... let it happen again football gods, let it happen.

StcChief
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I like the bandwagon, but a temp fix.
I don't want to depend on others to get to the playoffs......

We have to play football well. consistently.

cmh6476
11-03-2005, 10:07 AM
well, the packers are looking a little better with Charlie Batch leading the Stillers! :thumb:

cmh6476
11-03-2005, 10:16 AM
you know, it'd be really sweet also if Houston could pull something out of their ass and beat Jacksonville. That'd leave them at 0-2 in their division for the time being...

cmh6476
11-05-2005, 10:51 AM
so what is the reality of any of this happening? :shrug:

I think the Ravens have the best chane. Bengals have played two quality teams and lost both. They will go into Baltimore and lose.

Packers I guess have a shot, just because Batch is starting for the Steelers. My, how sweet that would be.

Jets would probably be the next, but I really doubt they can knock off SD. And I don't think there's any chance in hell Jax loses to the Texans!

cmh6476
11-06-2005, 11:24 PM
well that sucked. So many of these games were close, but not one team could pull out the upset. Oh well, at least we took care of business!

HolmeZz
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Yup, 0-4.

cmh6476
11-06-2005, 11:29 PM
AFC East

4. New England 4-4 (3-4 AFC, 1-0 Div.)
@Mia, NO, @KC, NYJ, @Buf, TB, @NYJ, Mia

AFC North

3. Cincinnati 7-2 (4-2 AFC, 2-1 Div.)
Ind, Bal, @Pit, Cle, @Det, Buf, @KC

5. Pittsburgh 6-2 (5-2 AFC, 2-0 Div.)
Cle, @Bal, @Ind, Cin, Chi, @Min, @Cle, Det

AFC South

1. Indianapolis 8-0 (6-0 AFC, 3-0 Div.)
Hou, @Cin, Pit, Ten, @Jax, SD, @Sea, Ari

7. Jacksonville 5-3 (4-2 AFC, 1-1 Div.)
Bal, @Ten, @Ari, @Cle, Ind, SF, @Hou, Ten

AFC West

2. Denver 6-2 (4-1 AFC, 2-0 Div.)
@Oak, NYJ, @Dal, @KC, Bal, @Buf, Oak, @SD

6. Kansas City 5-3 (4-2 AFC, 2-2 Div.)
@Buf, @Hou, NE, Den, @Dal, @NYG, SD, Cin

8. San Diego 5-4 (4-2 AFC, 2-1 Div.)
Buf, @Was, Oak, Mia, @Ind, @KC, Den

Well, here's how it looks now. I'll take Oakland out since they seem to be a longshot for now...

HolmeZz
11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
With the exception of Indy(who hasn't played anyone yet anyway), I think we have the toughest schedule left of those teams.

cmh6476
11-06-2005, 11:35 PM
With the exception of Indy(who hasn't played anyone yet anyway), I think we have the toughest schedule left of those teams.

I'd say it's Denver just because of the 5-3 road over home margin.

cmh6476
11-06-2005, 11:40 PM
also, looks like we'll be cheering for Miami, Cleveland, Houston, Baltimore, and Oakland next week! :|

htismaqe
11-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Denver has 3 away division games left.

We have 2 home division games left.

I like our chances.