PDA

View Full Version : Matt Lawton tests positive for Horse Steroid

HolmeZz
11-02-2005, 05:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmqmEriOkT7rGbPGmzjlyKo5nYcB?slug=ap-drugs-lawton&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'll never understand why people would do that to themselves. It's not worth it.

I'll give him credit for honing up to it though.

CosmicPal
11-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Well, on the plus side, he might have a career pulling a buggy around the streets of the Plaza.

KChiefsQT
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Steroids and Baseball... what a shocker!! They make all the young kids who look up to them so proud. :shake:

4th and Long
11-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Dude's a free agent. If anyone picks him up, they'll get to watch him ride the pine for the first 10 games next year.

HolmeZz
11-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Steroids and Baseball... what a shocker!! They make all the young kids who look up to them so proud. :shake:

To be fair, if any young kids looked up to Matt Lawton they probably deserve to be let down.

KChiefsQT
11-02-2005, 06:23 PM
To be fair, if any young kids looked up to Matt Lawton they probably deserve to be let down.

no... not Lawton.. just baseball players in general.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
In a free agent year, not making much impact in the league... The potential reward is too big to be scared by the risk of a paltry 10 day suspension.

HolmeZz
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
no... not Lawton.. just baseball players in general.

I know whatcha meant. :p

leviw
11-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Some girl tested me positive for a horse-sized penis a few weekends ago. Somehow I don't think the two topics are related.

KC Jones
11-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Some girl tested me positive for a horse-sized penis a few weekends ago. Somehow I don't think the two topics are related.

1) That was a dream

2) That was a guy in your dream

3) It's all related because you're obviously a switch hitter

:D

Phobia
11-02-2005, 07:51 PM
How exactly does he hone up to it anyway?

HolmeZz
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
How exactly does he hone up to it anyway?

"I made a terrible and foolish mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life,'' Lawton said in a statement that he read over the telephone to The Associated Press. ``I take full responsibility for my actions and did not appeal my suspension. I apologize to the fans, the game, my family and all those people that I let down. I am truly sorry and deeply regret my terrible lapse in judgment.''

Which is pleasant to hear when you consider that all the idiots that get caught usually deny it and come off looking even more stupid.

StcChief
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
whenny. Dumb a$$.

jspchief
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
"I made a terrible and foolish mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life,'' Lawton said in a statement that he read over the telephone to The Associated Press. ``I take full responsibility for my actions and did not appeal my suspension. I apologize to the fans, the game, my family and all those people that I let down. I am truly sorry and deeply regret my terrible lapse in judgment.''

Which is pleasant to hear when you consider that all the idiots that get caught usually deny it and come off looking even more stupid.That is what is commonly referred to as "owning up to it".

"Hone" is something you do to the blade of a knife to make it sharp.