PDA

View Full Version : on a scale of 1 to 10

Wile_E_Coyote
11-02-2005, 07:04 PM
how much difference would a healthy Ryan Sims have made for this team

4th and Long
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
If, if and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
honestly, not much..about a 1 or 2....

Calcountry
11-02-2005, 07:16 PM
We would go to the Super Bowl and he would be the MVP. heheheh

milkman
11-02-2005, 07:47 PM
This is a really difficult question to answer.

Would the same guy that was playing in this preseason and early in the Jets game have shown up throughout the entire season?

If he does then he positively impacts the play along the defensive front.

If he gets the penetration in the middle, and commands double teams, the rest of the front four get more pressure on the QB, making the secondary's job easier.

And lord knows, the secondary needs all the help they can get.

But if the same guy shows up that we've seen before this year, then his impact is minimal, at best.

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
On a sidenote, it looks like Rod Wright or Haloti Ngata might slip to KC for the 2006 draft if the season ended today.

StcChief
11-02-2005, 10:07 PM
You'd like to think a healthy front four /three would make the D a top 15 crew.

Somehow I still doubt it.

I was sold on the hype of Surtain,Knight, DJ, Bell and healthy rush.....

What happened to the rest of it, really exposed against SD.

Count Alex's Losses
11-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I voted 5. He'd make a difference, but not an enormous one.

milkman
11-02-2005, 10:10 PM

It all starts with the fornt seven, and even more than that, with the middle.

You can't have a good pass defense if you can't get consistent pressure on the QB.

And you can't get consistent pressure on the QB without penetration in the middle.

Logical
11-02-2005, 10:11 PM

philfree
11-02-2005, 10:19 PM

There's no way to really know but Sims was supposed to be part of the improved rush. When our DEs don't get there immediately Sims was supposed to create the push that keeps QBs from stepping up in the pocket and completing the pass. IMO his loss was big...there's 11 guys out there though so....I voted a 7.

PhilFree:arrow:

KCChiefsMan
11-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I'd like to ask this question: how much better would we be on offense and defense if Junior Siavi and Kris Wilson didn't SUCK!

NJ Chief Fan
11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
when or is the fat bastard even coming back this season...he could come in handy down the stretch if healthy

Munson
11-02-2005, 11:08 PM
I voted for 1. He would have made absolutely no difference. He never made a difference in the 3 seasons before he got injured. He didn't draw the double team, he didn't get penetration in the pocket, and never made the big play. You could get someone off the street and get as much, if not more production out of them, than Ryan Sims. I hope he's gone after this year. :banghead:

KCChiefsMan
11-02-2005, 11:10 PM
I voted for 1. He would have made absolutely no difference. He never made a difference in the 3 seasons before he got injured. He didn't draw the double team, he didn't get penetration in the pocket, and never made the big play. You could get someone off the street and get as much, if not more production out of them, than Ryan Sims. I hope he's gone after this year. :banghead:

just imagine if the Vikings beat us to the punch when our clock ran out at the draft, they almost did........they almost did....... :banghead: :banghead:

Munson
11-02-2005, 11:23 PM
just imagine if the Vikings beat us to the punch when our clock ran out at the draft, they almost did........they almost did....... :banghead: :banghead:

Damn those Vikings. Just think, we could have had John Henderson, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed, or Lito Sheppard. We could have had a solid defense built around any of those guys. Drafting Sims really set this defense back.

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Damn those Vikings. Just think, we could have had John Henderson, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed, or Lito Sheppard. We could have had a solid defense built around any of those guys. Drafting Sims really set this defense back.

my sentiments exactly

Dunit35
11-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I give him an 8, he was playing with heart while he was playing this year something most of this team isnt playing with.

greg63
11-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I gave him an eight, based simply on the way he started the season. It looked as if he may have been coming into his own. IMO.

HemiEd
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I think his injury is the worst thing that has happened to the Chiefs so far this year. The short time he played, he looked like a man on a mission to me. I voted 9.

Valiant
11-03-2005, 11:39 AM
The same he had last year.. Not much... You would have gotten one good game out of him a year...

Mr. Laz
11-03-2005, 11:43 AM
he would help the others not get tired ... bring a bit more inside pass rush, but a little less run defense.

:shrug:

still haven't seen him with much consistency

i gave it a 4