PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: you're a party planner.

Rain Man
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Bill Gates is having a party, and he hires you as his party planner. The guests will be the most 500 most well-known people in America, plus Vice President Dick Cheney and actor Bill Pullman.

You get all of the usual stuff: funny hats, cake, little pieces of crusty bread with soft cheese and bacon on them, and lots and lots of folding tables and chairs. You arrange for an enormous ice sculpture of a blue screen, and you buy lots and lots of Diet Cherry Vanilla Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper. You check in with Bill, and he likes everything you're doing.

Bill then tells you, "I want entertainment, and I want something memorable. I want it to be something that gets talked about in every newspaper in the nation. I want it to become part of the American lexicon when people talk about lavish parties. I want it to be mentioned in textbooks on society parties for the next 200 years. I want Leno and Conan and Letterman to be referring to it in their monologues until they die. The only limits are that it has to be legal (the party will not be in international waters), and it cannot be rated higher than R. Your budget is $1 million. Go."

If you can pull this off, your career as a party planner will skyrocket, and you'll be hired by all of the guests for their own parties, and you will eventually die peacefully at the age of 100 as a multi-millionaire surrounded by Playboy models who will do anything - ANYTHING - to be in your will.

What do you come up with for entertainment?

listopencil
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Pictionary.

listopencil
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm not really a party kind of guy.

JBucc
11-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Spend 10$ on a twister set, take the other $999,990 and split

Rain Man
11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
That wouldn't use much of your budget. Perhaps you could have a pictionary game where the pictures are drawn by ... okay, I can't name a famous living artist. Is Rembrandt still alive?

StcChief
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Only one band.
The Rolling Stones.

better up it from a $1M.
Gates has that in his couch cushions. Ask for some more, if he wants it to be memorable. Explain that to him.

You wont have any problem attracting the in-crowd

HolmeZz
11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Strip Poker.

Or Parchessi.

I'd ask for a show of hands.

Count Alex's Losses
11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
A football game where every member of the party that chooses to do so, participates via virtual reality goggles.

leviw
11-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Mike Tyson and Michael Jackson. First they sing, then they box. Everyone is happy.

stevieray
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Have Hillary announce her run for the White House.

milkman
11-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm not rich, and I've never actually met a party planner, but the perception that TV has given me is that party/wedding planners are gay, so I'm not qualified to answer this hypothetical question.

Rain Man
11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I think that I might do the following: I'd take the guests up in helicopters, and give them each half a dozen $100 bills that are attached to tennis balls, and a slingshot. They would be able to fly over the nearest large city and fire the slingshots at whomever or whatever they wanted. The person who made the best shot would then get the remaining $400,000 or so (after helicopter expenses and tennis ball costs) that would be attached to a bowling ball, and they'd get a big slingshot. By that time, a crowd would have gathered...