PDA

View Full Version : We have to win this game!

cmh6476
11-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Have to. It's a must.

I honestly think the Raiders are the only team that can beat us in our next 3 matchups.

Why you ask? Because the Raiders have the aerial assault to attack our secondary, where Buffalo and Houston will play to our strengths!

Buffalo doesn't even know if they are going to start Losman or Holcombe, but the point is they both suck. That team relies on McGahee to carry them, and our strength on defense has been stopping the run. We can stack the box and stop McGahee, and make whoever is QBin the Bills beat us. I don't think that can happen, and I don't think the Bills can beat us, if we do the things we have to do. Buffalo's run D has been atrocious, and we can pound the ball all day on them.

Same kind of goes for Houston. Since they switched O-coordinators, they have been relying more on the run. But that's because their passing game sucks. Johnson has been hurt all season, and none of their receivers are anything to brag about. Again, if we can stop Domanick Davis and make Carr beat us, we will win this game. And once again, Houston's run D is terrible and we can pound it down their throats all day!

There is absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER we should lose to the Bills or Texans!#@!#

Which is why we must beat the Raiders. We have the home field here, and should win this game. The Raiders are going to be much tougher this time around IMO (their O is finally starting to gel), but we can still kick their ass. We have to have this game to put us at 5-3, 2-2 in the division and in good shape heading into the Buff and Hou games. We do not want to be 4-4 heading into Buffalo.

But take these next 3 and get to 7-3, and IMO all we have to do is split each of the upcoming groups of 2 games (Ne/Den, @Dal/@NYG, & SD/Cin) to get us to 10-6 and that should get us into the playoffs.

And with all that said, that's why we have to beat the Raiders :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
I honestly think the Raiders are the only team that can beat us in our next 3 matchups.

While that looks true enough on paper this is the Chiefs we're talking about. It seems they often do a nice job of playing to the level of their competition... unless the competetion is clearly superior.

See... Texans in game 3 last year at Arrowhead... see Bengals two years ago ending our 9-0 start... etc....

I'll be convinced once the games are over and we've scored more points.

Warrior5
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Yep; it's a must-win. It's pretty much a given that the Raiders will get their passing yards. IMO, winning is on the shoulders of the Chiefs O.

- O-line must protect Green long enough for receivers to get open.
- AS must run through left side of line more.
- Offense must convert red-zone possessions into TDs, not FGs.

...a couple of turnovers and Hall TD return wouldn't hurt either.

Johnson&Johnson
11-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Have to. It's a must.

Why you ask? Because the Raiders have the aerial assault to attack our secondary, where Buffalo and Houston will play to our strengths!

And with all that said, that's why we have to beat the Raiders :thumb:

Ummm... Trent Green is 5-0 vs. the Raiders in his last 5 starts.

I don't think so!

The so-called Faders aerial attack was a non-factor in Oakland with our defense still learning. Our defense's improved a lot the past 7 weeks, plus we have Warfield now on Moss. Which means that Surtain covers Porter if he can play. Dewayne might start if Sir-Tan can't go. Another note: it took 7 games for the coaches to realize they have a 7-time pro-bowl TE in their lineup. Coaches finally noticed Tony in last week's game. :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Agreed. This is a must-win. This game should set the tempo for the remainder of the season. We need to get on a roll and kick ass and take names. Go Chiefs!!!!

cmh6476
11-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Ummm... Trent Green is 5-0 vs. the Raiders in his last 5 starts.

I don't think so!

The so-called Faders aerial attack was a non-factor in Oakland with our defense still learning. Our defense's improved a lot the past 7 weeks, plus we have Warfield now on Moss. Which means that Surtain covers Porter if he can play. Dewayne might start if Sir-Tan can't go. Another note: it took 7 games for the coaches to realize they have a 7-time pro-bowl TE in their lineup. Coaches finally noticed Tony in last week's game. :rolleyes:

My bad, I musta overlooked how solid our pass D has been :|

BigRedChief
11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah you can write off the season if we don't win this one. Not because of the record but it will be further proof that the Denver, Philly and SD half games were not flukes and we are not going anywhere this season. DV/Priest era is over. Rebuidling time.

Munson
11-03-2005, 01:52 PM
This is definately a must win. We can't let the Raiders into the race for the AFC West. On offense, we must attack downfield through the air. No more of this dink and dunk BS. And on defense, we must put Surtain on Moss any time we play man coverage. No more of this RCB/LCB stuff. I'm gonna lose my freakin mind if I see Warfield or Washington trying to cover Moss.

Inspector
11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Dittos.

Moss and his team do worry me. Our passing D is....well, it's not always great. Not always.

Bills and Texans should be definite wins, but I have thought that too many times before to watch them lose - and then win when I thought we were seriously outmatched.

It's weird. Really like two different teams at times.

But, your point is absolutley correct - we must win this one. And the reason doesn't have to be anything more than it's the stinkin R aiders......

StcChief
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Dittos.

Moss and his team do worry me. Our passing D is....well, it's not always great. Not always.

Bills and Texans should be definite wins, but I have thought that too many times before to watch them lose - and then win when I thought we were seriously outmatched.

It's weird. Really like two different teams at times.

But, your point is absolutley correct - we must win this one. And the reason doesn't have to be anything more than it's the stinkin R aiders......

Moss and Raiders worry me as well. as Jekyle Hyde team.

Speaking of two different teams
we have looked like that at times. or the tale of two half of a game (Eagles).

This is a must division win. 5-3 will be better momentum going on road.

I wouldn't count on Buff win as a sure thing. Weather anything could be an issue. Injuries (God forbid) against Faiders.

Houston should be a lock W.