PDA

View Full Version : Any of you seen Xbox 360 game screenshots.

chief99
11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
http://talk.xboxsolution.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/721

Damn. Not bad at all.

I like the look of shading and more polygons.

Good stuff. I just don't know about buying one right away. They are going to keep a quota on how many they sell to create a shortage .

http://talk.xboxsolution.com/gallery/data/735/4.jpg

unlurking
11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Man, those UT 2007 shots look awesome.

I was addicted to UT for a while.

unlurking
11-03-2005, 04:25 PM

unlurking
11-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Pants
11-03-2005, 04:50 PM
1. This should be in GeeksPlanet.

2. They won't be creating an artificial shortage to drive up the demand, they simply can't produce enough units in time for the launch since for the first time ever a console will be launched worldwide on the same day. Usually, they'd produce units for US only, sell them out here and then start making ones for the other countries to release them there at a later day. They're doing this in order to keep thrid party game developers happy.

3. Yes, the screenshots are awesome. You think UT07 looks good, check out Gears of War, which is made by the same people.

htismaqe
11-03-2005, 04:51 PM
The launch XBox will contain a normal DVD drive.

Microsoft has signed a deal with Toshiba to include HD-DVD in the XBox 360, but they won't be ready to actually manufacture them until later in 06.

chief99
11-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Microsoft will intentionally create a shortage.
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051101-5510.html

Pants
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Microsoft will intentionally create a shortage.
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051101-5510.html

Dude, I've been following this forever. They'll limit the supplies in US in order to have enough consoles overseas as well. As for the 2nd part of that article, they're just speculating.

chief99
11-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Each BestBuy will only get 50.

Valiant
11-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Been playing call of duty2 all day on the 360 at work, didnt get anythign done..

Dunit35
11-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I cant wait for the PS3 to come out.

htismaqe
11-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Since Redrum saw fit to neg-rep my info...

http://www.xboxusersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41593

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2005, 12:29 PM
The launch XBox will contain a normal DVD drive.

Microsoft has signed a deal with Toshiba to include HD-DVD in the XBox 360, but they won't be ready to actually manufacture them until later in 06.Interesting. Does this mean PS3 will be going with BlueRay?

htismaqe
11-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Interesting. Does this mean PS3 will be going with BlueRay?

PS3 has always been BlueRay AFAIK from the day they announced it. The HD-DVD announcement from Microsoft in late July was relatively late coming.

Valiant
11-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I always buy the replacement plan on them when I buy one... Last time I bought the xbox at 300 bucks, year and half later they were 150... I used my plan and got a gift card for 300 dollars to buy a new xbox and a some games... Works great...

AeroSquid
11-07-2005, 04:55 PM
PC > *

it will be a year before any decent games come out that take advantage of the hardware in the new xbox or ps3. a year minimum... game designers hate the new multi core consoles.

Valiant
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
PC > *

it will be a year before any decent games come out that take advantage of the hardware in the new xbox or ps3. a year minimum... game designers hate the new multi core consoles.

I love my computer FPS games, but the 360 and I am sure the PS3 will take care of that.. CAll of duty 2 is stunning visually... And from what I am told, the designers love Xbox's hardware and how easy it is to use...

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I love my computer FPS games, but the 360 and I am sure the PS3 will take care of that...

I doubt it. The keyboard and mouse are just a superior control system.

Valiant
11-08-2005, 01:35 AM
I doubt it. The keyboard and mouse are just a superior control system.

And you can't buy that for the 360??? Any usb device will work with it... And the PS2 had a mouse and keyboard you could buy...

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 08:02 AM
PC > *

Wrong.

The one and only strength of a gaming system is development.

You can talk about pixels and frame rates and everything else, but it all comes down to what titles exist for what platforms.

The PC has been marginalized in the gaming world and the PS3/XBox 360 will continue the trend of more and more development companies doing console-only titles.

Valiant
11-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Wrong.

The one and only strength of a gaming system is development.

You can talk about pixels and frame rates and everything else, but it all comes down to what titles exist for what platforms.

The PC has been marginalized in the gaming world and the PS3/XBox 360 will continue the trend of more and more development companies doing console-only titles.

I do not know about console only titles... The new consoles are practically computers, it is easier then ever to port a game from console to computer and vice versa now... Especially with the 360...

htismaqe
11-08-2005, 09:28 AM
I do not know about console only titles... The new consoles are practically computers, it is easier then ever to port a game from console to computer and vice versa now... Especially with the 360...

The problem with ports is that they pretty much nullify the hardware argument that Squid put forward. An XBox title ported to the PC is still written for XBox and takes advantage of virtually none of the customized power that you've built into your PC...

Valiant
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
The problem with ports is that they pretty much nullify the hardware argument that Squid put forward. An XBox title ported to the PC is still written for XBox and takes advantage of virtually none of the customized power that you've built into your PC...

I think it is more to do with the devolpers not wanting consumers to mod thier product.. All that does is extend the playabilty, IMO only a few companies will still give out toolsets for consumers to alter and make new content...

Morrowwind was written for xbox, but ported to PC where it was further devolped with addons and modding... The devolper gave them the tools to do it... Really depends on what the company, that and creative fans... Why do you think xbox went away with the standard HD, the fans figured out you could put a bigger one in there and download games without paying for them... Modding the xbox was huge to hardcore gamers..

If users are not given the tools, hopefully someone smart enough to make one or leak one will help the community...

htismaqe
11-11-2005, 08:24 AM
I think it is more to do with the devolpers not wanting consumers to mod thier product.. All that does is extend the playabilty, IMO only a few companies will still give out toolsets for consumers to alter and make new content...

Morrowwind was written for xbox, but ported to PC where it was further devolped with addons and modding... The devolper gave them the tools to do it... Really depends on what the company, that and creative fans... Why do you think xbox went away with the standard HD, the fans figured out you could put a bigger one in there and download games without paying for them... Modding the xbox was huge to hardcore gamers..

If users are not given the tools, hopefully someone smart enough to make one or leak one will help the community...

That doesn't have anything at all to do with it.

I have yet to see a company release a toolkit that they actually SUPPORT.

They port to PC and release toolkits because it generates additional revenue for very little cost (porting a previously developed game is dirt cheap)...

Pants
11-11-2005, 09:52 AM
That doesn't have anything at all to do with it.

I have yet to see a company release a toolkit that they actually SUPPORT.

They port to PC and release toolkits because it generates additional revenue for very little cost (porting a previously developed game is dirt cheap)...

Bioware and Valve are the two that come to mind right away. Shit, Valve released the Source engine before HL2 even coame out, so that the modding community could start on their projects.

htismaqe
11-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Bioware and Valve are the two that come to mind right away. Shit, Valve released the Source engine before HL2 even coame out, so that the modding community could start on their projects.

All they did was release the tools they used to create the game. Bioware did the same.

It costs them nothing to produce (since they would have produced it anyway), virtually nothing to maintain (they don't offer phone support for mods and mod tools), and generates fan interest.

It's a win-win for them, since some of those mods will spur people to actually buy the original game just to play the mod.

But I digress. The original refutation was that developers would choose the console over the PC to prevent people from modding their games. That's just simply not the case.

David.
11-15-2005, 11:16 AM
so, I got to play this at best buy a couple days ago. Played Call of Duty, on a hidef tv.

Looked amazing. I only played it for about 3 minutes, so I can't comment too much on the gameplay, but from what I saw it felt pretty smooth.

I'm definitely excited about it.

Pants
11-15-2005, 04:29 PM
so, I got to play this at best buy a couple days ago. Played Call of Duty, on a hidef tv.

Looked amazing. I only played it for about 3 minutes, so I can't comment too much on the gameplay, but from what I saw it felt pretty smooth.

Yeah, dude, did the same thing in Walmart. Incredible graphics, esp the smoke...

Pants
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
But I digress. The original refutation was that developers would choose the console over the PC to prevent people from modding their games. That's just simply not the case.

Wait, weren't you saying that?

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Wait, weren't you saying that?

Nope. I said they choose console over PC because console games are cheaper and easier to develop, resulting in bigger profits...

Spicy McHaggis
11-16-2005, 12:11 AM

And in all fairness, you probably saw the low end of the capabilities the Box has.

htismaqe
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, the PS3 got a big shot in the arm...

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=15429