PDA

View Full Version : Man Glued to Toilet Seat.

CosmicPal
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Customer glued to toilet seat sues Home Depot

Man claims workers ignored cries for help after he was victimized by prank

The Associated Press
Updated: 12:06 p.m. ET Nov. 3, 2005

BOULDER, Colo. - Home Depot was sued by a shopper who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue.

Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

“They left me there, going through all that stress,” Dougherty told The (Boulder) Daily Camera. “They just let me rot.”

The lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck at the Louisville store on the day before Halloween 2003. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk by radio, but the head clerk “believed it to be a hoax,” the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said store officials called for an ambulance after about 15 minutes. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and as they wheeled the “frightened and humiliated” Dougherty out of the store, he passed out.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

“This is not Home Depot’s fault,” he said. “But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me.”

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
© 2005 MSNBC.com

CosmicPal
11-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Kinda sad when you think that the paramedics had to UNBOLT the seat even though the poor guy was in a Home Depot of all places....

JBucc
11-03-2005, 06:27 PM
I usually look at stuff before I sit on it. And would you go look at some guy yelling in the bathroom?

HemiEd
11-03-2005, 06:28 PM
[B]ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes
“They just let me rot.”

Old fart was extremely parishable.

Calcountry
11-03-2005, 06:30 PM
A little cross thread humor here: Glue him to the seat Pete....

chefsos
11-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I think 15 minutes is an acceptable waiting period before declaring "All Clear". Not Guilty.

Cochise
11-03-2005, 06:35 PM
"Sorry I'm late boss, I've been stuck on the john all day"

Bowser
11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Looks like we have to pick from Rain Man, Donger, and DenverChief to find the guilty party. Any guesses?

Redcoats58
11-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Ill tell you what if I were ever glued to a toilet seat I surely wouldn't cry for help. I would tear the skin off my ass so I wouldnt have to go through that embarassment. Then I would file a lawsuit and take pictures of the skin left on the seat. That is a messed up thing to do to someone.

siberian khatru
11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
See what happens when you legalize marijuana?

Phobia
11-03-2005, 08:04 PM
They should have just used laquer thinner to get him off.

HemiEd
11-03-2005, 08:09 PM

That would probably burn to much, paint stripper might have worked.

Valiant
11-03-2005, 08:26 PM
How the **** did he not know anything was on the seat when he first sat down??? My ass would have screamed "WTF....." He glued himself to it, no other way in hell this happens...

Dartgod
11-03-2005, 08:35 PM
I don't know. Laquer thinner never did it for me. Mineral spirits, on the other hand...

:holdman:

Halfcan
11-03-2005, 10:25 PM
PLus the old guy couldn't wipe his ass. I feel sorry for the paramedics. That shit is gross.

Dunit35
11-03-2005, 10:37 PM
I personally never go #2 anywhere outside of my home without putting toilet paper down and wiping the seat before I will sit down on it. You never know what hemmroid(sp) skank ass has been on there before you. You know there is some slutty disease on there. Hello CRABS anyone?

Ecto-I
11-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Doesn't anyone else find it disgusting that he didn't put any sort of cover or paper on the seat before sitting on it?