PDA

View Full Version : Our new Head Coach Solution!

Anyong Bluth
11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Just hire ScotchTanShan. Seriously, hire Shanahan so we can have C.Peterson and him form the unholy alliance... at least it will make my having to break ties with the team a bit easier after 26 years.

For my money, I wish there was a way to get Bill Cowher. Feel free to fire back if you disagree, and I know the chances are slim he'd leave - I think his daughter now plays basketball at U of Pitt, and probably want to stick around. He was born there too. Just think about is success over the years!!!

Imagine how many people would be blowing him up and down the board in the media if Pittsburgh didn't have a revolving door policy- and they still keep getting badasses!! He fields solid D teams and has a relatively good O - esp in the past few years, and once again watched another player, Plaxico, bounce town.

Now that I mention it, Philly does that too- what the f*ck is up with Pennsylvania teams doing that- though to their credit they both draft well and have not got caught in a lot of big payouts to players over the hill.

Hombre was here back in the early days of this franchise finally waking up from the 80's slumber. Take a look at the pic- me thinks me likes what I see.

I'll be happy to start a letter writing campaign to kiss his ass so he'll see how much chiefs' fans miss him.!!!

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/cowher.jpg

Pro Career: Became the 15th head coach in Steelers history when he replaced Chuck Noll on Jan. 21, 1992. In 1995, at age 38, he became the youngest coach to lead his team to a Super Bowl. Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown. During Cowher’s 20-year coaching career, teams he has been associated with have made the postseason 15 times. Began his NFL career as a free-agent linebacker with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1979, and then signed with the Cleveland Browns the following year. Cowher played three seasons (1980-82) in Cleveland before being traded back to the Eagles, where he played two more years (1983-84). Cowher began his coaching career in 1985 at age 28 under Marty Schottenheimer with the Browns. He was the Browns’ special teams coach in 1985-86 and secondary coach in 1987-88 before following Schottenheimer to the Kansas City Chiefs in 1989 as defensive coordinator.

shaneo69
11-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Hell, why not just bring Marty back.

Baconeater
11-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Carl Petersen needs to back the Brink's truck up to Bob Stoops' door. Great defensive mind, great coach.

nychief
11-03-2005, 07:03 PM
other than the fact that both of those guys are under contract with other teams and are not going to get fired... that is a great plan.

I am working on a time machine so that we can fire Marty and hire Bill in 1992.

Anyong Bluth
11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
I'd say hurry up and make it happen, but since its a time machine, by the time you get it figured out, I'll be like Marty McFly returning home to his "cool" family, and enjoying my 4 Superbowl victories in 6 appearances over the past 13 years, and to know that Elway never won a Super Bowl after Derrick Thomas tragically snapped his leg in 3 places in our '99 Superbowl run. Thank God DT's our Linebackers coach now too, so he can show DJ how to be as nasty a force vs the QB

shaneo69
11-03-2005, 07:15 PM
I am working on a time machine so that we can fire Marty and hire Bill in 1992.

Have the Steelers really been any more successful than the Chiefs since '92? As much heartbreak as Marty gave us, Cowher has given the Steelers fans about twice as much.

Anyong Bluth
11-03-2005, 07:18 PM
uh - at least they went to a super bowl, and he's been charged with trying to restock good players every year b/c Pittsburgh lets their top talent walk.

Even Lamar and Carl haven't been that stingly to let our guys just bounce...

nychief
11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I ****ed up and now Bill Arnsparger is our head coach in 1992.

CosmicPal
11-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I'll take any of these guys:

MONTE KIFFIN, Buccaneers defensive coordinator

Kiffin always has his defense ready to play and he excels at making adjustments. He's an excellent motivator and is highly respected by his players. His communication and organizational skills are exceptional. Kiffin sees the big picture and would make a solid head coach given the right circumstances, but getting him out of Tampa Bay has proven difficult.

BRAD CHILDRESS, Eagles offensive coordinator

Not only has he helped in Donovan McNabb's development, but was able to win with A.J. Feeley for a stretch of games back during the 2002 playoff stretch drive. Has solid teaching skills and has been part of some good programs in the past. Possesses a good relationship with players. Is gradually becoming more assertive with his personality and won't be shaken by tough moments. Carries the same low key personality as Eagles head coach Andy Reid

MAURICE CARTHON, Cowboys offensive coordinator

Is a good football man who has learned the coaching trade under Bill Parcells. Will run a tight ship and knows how to motivate people. He's upfront and honest dealing with players, but also relates well to their issues. Gets respect as a former player and knows what it takes to win a championship

TIM LEWIS, Giants defensive coordinator

His defensive units in Pittsburgh went through some struggles the past couple years, but many around the league like his intelligence. Lewis is a solid football guy with an underrated defensive mind. He has the respect of players and knows how to put them in positions to succeed. Isn't afraid to implement new ideas and makes good adjustments on the field. A fresh start with the Giants could prove to be a boost for his career.

MIKE ZIMMER, Cowboys defensive coordinator

Has done a great job with the Dallas defense, even when he was given limited personnel to work around. His defense is now really dangerous since he finally has the ideal players. He sold himself to Bill Parcells and also was enticed to stay in Dallas rather than take the Nebraska job. His ability to see the big picture and get a lot from average personnel earn him high grades. Zimmer also demands a lot from his players.

GREG BLACHE, Redskins defensive coordinator

Has gotten consideration by a few teams. Has earned high respect for his ability as a defensive coordinator with the Bears. His leadership and motivational skills are strong. Blache demands a lot from his players. But the question remains whether he has the overall communication and management skills to run a whole team while sustaining a successful program. He has an opportunity to learn a lot from Joe Gibbs with the Redskins.

shaneo69
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
uh - at least they went to a super bowl, and he's been charged with trying to restock good players every year b/c Pittsburgh lets their top talent walk.

Even Lamar and Carl haven't been that stingly to let our guys just bounce...

You're right....Lamar and Carl would never let in-house talent like Bartee, Hicks, and Jerome Woods get away. In KC, Cowher wouldn't get the drafted talent that he gets in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, Cowher went to one Super Bowl in 13 years....and lost. Color me unimpressed.

shaneo69
11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll take any of these guys:
BRAD CHILDRESS, Eagles offensive coordinator

Not only has he helped in Donovan McNabb's development, but was able to win with A.J. Feeley for a stretch of games back during the 2002 playoff stretch drive. Has solid teaching skills and has been part of some good programs in the past. Possesses a good relationship with players. Is gradually becoming more assertive with his personality and won't be shaken by tough moments. Carries the same low key personality as Eagles head coach Andy Reid

GREG BLACHE, Redskins defensive coordinator

Has gotten consideration by a few teams. Has earned high respect for his ability as a defensive coordinator with the Bears. His leadership and motivational skills are strong. Blache demands a lot from his players. But the question remains whether he has the overall communication and management skills to run a whole team while sustaining a successful program. He has an opportunity to learn a lot from Joe Gibbs with the Redskins.

No way I want Childress. Philly's offense sucks. He throws 50 times a game and runs 10. Nice balance there.

When did Greg Williams step down as Washington's DC?

Anyong Bluth
11-03-2005, 07:45 PM
yeah- now that Williams is free- lets hire him as a "advisor" for our D for the rest of the season.!!

SNR
11-03-2005, 07:46 PM
You're right....Lamar and Carl would never let in-house talent like Bartee, Hicks, and Jerome Woods get away. In KC, Cowher wouldn't get the drafted talent that he gets in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, Cowher went to one Super Bowl in 13 years....and lost. Color me unimpressed.Bill Callahan went to one Super Bowl in two years with the Raiders. Does that mean he's better than Cowher?

shaneo69
11-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Bill Callahan went to one Super Bowl in two years with the Raiders. Does that mean he's better than Cowher?

The Raiders don't have head coaches. They have puppets.

Skip Towne
11-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Carl Petersen needs to back the Brink's truck up to Bob Stoops' door. Great defensive mind, great coach.
Nope, he's run out of Blake's players. What's his record this year? We need someone that can beat TCU. There aren't many that easy in the NFL.. I'd drive that truck right on by Bob Stoop's door.

Valiant
11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Man, I wouldn't mind stealing Shannahan away from the donkos just to hear them bitch... Hopefully he would bring the invesco key with him also...

Dayze
11-03-2005, 08:38 PM

this is true. However, since the NFL is more about management than recruiting, I think he would fail like nearly all other college coaches making the jump from the NCAA to a HC spot.

Dayze
11-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Man, I wouldn't mind stealing Shannahan away from the donkos just to hear them bitch... Hopefully he would bring the invesco key with him also...

...good lord. You need to wash your mouth out. STFU
I'm sure I wouldn't be able to bear Rat coming to KC....

SNR
11-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I'd welcome Rat to KC as long as he didn't bring with him David Carr or an equally overrated QB from a terrible team and try and turn them into the next Joe Montana.

Oh, wait.... shit. Nevermind. **** Shanarat