PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs will have major competition for a new HC

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 08:38 PM
The Chiefs are going to have to battle alot of teams this year to get a quality head coach. I now wish DV would have left last year.
It is looking like there is a good possibility of 13 teams looking for a head coach after the season.

Gone for sure:

Mike Martz - Rams
Brian Billick - Ravens
Dom Capers - Texans
Norv Turner - Raiders

Very Strong likelyhood

Mike Tice - Vikings
Mike Sherman - Packers
Herm Edwards - Jets
Steve Mariucci - Lions
Mike Mularkey - Bills

Resigned

Dick Vermeil - Chiefs
Jim Haslett - Saints

Then you can expect at least 1-2 teams unexpectedly firing there HC so there will be a definite shortage of quality HC material available for next season.

KCChiefsMan
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd be comfortable with Herm Edwards or Brian Billick, I would probably prefer some fresh blood, someone who hasn't been a head coach. I don't know what kind of college coaches would be available and would fit in the NFL....we'll have to wait it out and see what the King does this offseason

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:04 PM
I'd be comfortable with Herm Edwards or Brian Billick, I would probably prefer some fresh blood, someone who hasn't been a head coach. I don't know what kind of college coaches would be available and would fit in the NFL....we'll have to wait it out and see what the King does this offseason

Right now I have no favorite but I know CP has a big one for Herm.

OldTownChief
11-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm just ready to end this DV nightmare and get on with it. Begin the rebuilding process already. By the sound of his last 2 press conferences, I think he is too. The guy is walking dead dragging our team down with him.

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm just ready to end this DV nightmare and get on with it. Begin the rebuilding process already. By the sound of his last 2 press conferences, I think he is too. The guy is walking dead dragging our team down with him.

I agree. He is just too soft to be a HC.

HolmeZz
11-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Mularkey's not going anywhere IMO.

John_Wayne
11-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Looking at that list, I'd be glad for Al Saunders to take over.

ceebz
11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Gone for sure:

Mike Martz - Rams - Agree
Brian Billick - Ravens (Who was the last coach to win a Super Bowl, and then subsequently, get fired? Landry?)
Dom Capers - Texans - Agree
Norv Turner - Raiders - I think Davis gives him one more year

Very Strong likelyhood

Mike Tice - Vikings - Gone for sure
Mike Sherman - Packers - Sticks around
Herm Edwards - Jets - In Red & Gold next year
Steve Mariucci - Lions - Sticks around
Mike Mularkey - Bills - Sticks around

Resigned

Dick Vermeil - Chiefs - Finally!
Jim Haslett - Saints - About time

Then you can expect at least 1-2 teams unexpectedly firing there HC so there will be a definite shortage of quality HC material available for next season.

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Looking at that list, I'd be glad for Al Saunders to take over.

No way.

I fully expect CP to hire a veteran NFL Head coach and Al's 2 yrs in San Diego 20+ yrs ago doesn't count.

nychief
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Mularkey is safe and I believe Billick, despite this season, is safe. Herm is only gone if HE decides to walk away - he is Terry Bradway's guy, and Bradway is going no where.

Regardless, I think the chiefs job is pretty high profile and appealing - we should be okay.

philfree
11-03-2005, 09:23 PM
So if we get a HC who runs a different offense then we currently do how will that affect Trent Green? I think this is the only offense he's been in since he entered the league. What ever happens I hope we keep running this style of offense.

PhilFree:arrow:

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:25 PM
You could also possibly throw Marty in there as a possilibity to getting canned. From what I hear, him and the GM don't get along and if they don't make the playoffs they may send him on his way out of town.

nychief
11-03-2005, 09:27 PM
You could also possibly throw Marty in there as a possilibity to getting canned. From what I hear, him and the GM don't get along and if they don't make the playoffs they may send him on his way out of town.

my god, could you imagine him back in KC..... :deevee:

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Mularkey is safe and I believe Billick, despite this season, is safe. Herm is only gone if HE decides to walk away - he is Terry Bradway's guy, and Bradway is going no where.

Regardless, I think the chiefs job is pretty high profile and appealing - we should be okay.

Billick may have saved his job on Monday night even though they didn't win they played good especially without Ray and Ed Reed and without any type of a real NFL QB. As I said it he would be in the strong likelyhood but not a certain firing.

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM

Marty and Gun together again. Just like old times. ROFL

elvomito
11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
while i was out breaking into cars tonight, i stumbled upon a green bentley parked in a condo garage on the southside of the plaza. i didn't dare touch it... it had to be alarmed. i thought about it for a bit, and given the fact that carl peterson has a huge condo down here and the license plate says "KINGCP8" i deduced it must be none other than.... but anyway it had a stack of manilla folders sitting in the passenger seat and on the top of the stack was a folder with "Jimmy Johnson" on the tab and protruding from the folder was a photo of a magnificent head of hair... yes my friends i must say, jimmy johnson is on the top of the list of candidates.

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:37 PM
while i was out breaking into cars tonight, i stumbled upon a green bentley parked in a condo garage on the southside of the plaza. i didn't dare touch it... it had to be alarmed. i thought about it for a bit, and given the fact that carl peterson has a huge condo down here and the license plate says "KINGCP8" i deduced it must be none other than.... but anyway it had a stack of manilla folders sitting in the passenger seat and on the top of the stack was a folder with "Jimmy Johnson" on the tab and protruding from the folder was a photo of a magnificent head of hair... yes my friends i must say, jimmy johnson is on the top of the list of candidates.

Is this a joke or are you serious?

nychief
11-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Is this a joke or are you serious?

he is totally serious. :banghead:

dirk digler
11-03-2005, 09:43 PM
he is totally serious. :banghead:

How do you know?

philfree
11-03-2005, 09:50 PM

Jimmy Johnson ain't gonna coach in any place that it get's cold enough to snow. I doubt he coaches any where period but if he were to coach again it will be a warm climate team.

PhilFree:arrow:

SNR
11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Brian Billick isn't going anywhere.

Ebolapox
11-03-2005, 10:40 PM
no, he meant the iggles DC :p

-EB-

Gravedigger
11-04-2005, 01:35 AM
It's nice of you guys to insult the coach that two years ago everyone was saying was the savior of this team even earlier this season you all said oh we got the additions were going far. We're 4-3 and most of you blame it on coaching decisions which come to think of it I would blame it on the status of roaf honestly. We should win the next four games then Denver comes to town which I'm expecting us to win. Stop complaining about Dick Vermeil like he's a horrible coach all of a sudden and get off the chiefs bandwagon while your at it.

Rausch
11-04-2005, 01:37 AM
It's nice of you guys to insult the coach that two years ago everyone was saying was the savior of this team even earlier this season you all said oh we got the additions were going far. We're 4-3 and most of you blame it on coaching decisions which come to think of it I would blame it on the status of roaf honestly. We should win the next four games then Denver comes to town which I'm expecting us to win. Stop complaining about Dick Vermeil like he's a horrible coach all of a sudden and get off the chiefs bandwagon while your at it.

I've soured on the play calling.

So I'm likely sick of Al...

htismaqe
11-04-2005, 06:56 AM

Actually I can.

That's so Carl Peterson...

HemiEd
11-04-2005, 07:26 AM

This is hilarious and would not suprise me in the least.

sedated
11-04-2005, 07:32 AM
I want greg williams (Washington D-coordinator).

He's from Excelsior Springs, and he'll want another HC job.

Claynus
11-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Brian Billick isn't going anywhere.

UGH! I don't want him coaching my team anyway.

jiveturkey
11-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I like the Gregg Williams idea as well. I also wouldn't mind Jeff Fisher if that ever becomes a possibility.

I like the fact that there's going to be a lot of turnover next year. As far as I'm concerned KC is a high profile coaching job and we're going to get a lot more looks than Detroit, MN, St Crazy Owner, Houston, and New Omaybe somewhere else next year.

Uatu
11-04-2005, 08:11 AM
One question.

Based on your list, plus the 1-2 unexpected firings, you're saying that we can expect 10 or more teams to have head coaching vacancies.

Anyone care to guess when the last time that happened was? Or, anyone want to bet that it will?

:rolleyes:

GoTrav
11-04-2005, 08:35 AM
http://www.christiansportsminute.com/images/mike_singletary.jpg

joesomebody
11-04-2005, 08:54 AM
So if we get a HC who runs a different offense then we currently do how will that affect Trent Green? I think this is the only offense he's been in since he entered the league. What ever happens I hope we keep running this style of offense.

PhilFree:arrow:I love this offense too when we actually pass the ball for more than 2 yards a throw...

I just am not so sure we have the talent to run this offense anymore. The O-Line isn't playing to the standards required to run the offense we are used to.

Green hasn't had time to throw, and AS seems to think running 3 times in a row and getting stuffed time after time is acceptable. We do have a good running game on paper, but with the defense we have; an above average running game isn't enough. We need to score on at least 1/2 of our possessions.

The Defense has kept us in games this year, even with the offense giving the other team great field position and keeping our defense on the field WAY longer than our defense needs to be.

Lzen
11-04-2005, 09:18 AM
http://www.christiansportsminute.com/images/mike_singletary.jpg

Mike Singletary, eh? What makes you think he would make a good HC?

Coogs
11-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Mike Singletary, eh? What makes you think he would make a good HC?

I would like to see Singletary at least get an interveiw. I thought he was a great leader when he was a player. Had a great intensity/passion for the game about him too.

I could see him as a Bill Cowher (sp) type of coach, and that would be fine with me. I think hard nose Steeler type of football is what Chiefs football is all about, and Singletary is young enough to come in, put a stamp on hard nose style of play, and be around long enough to make it work.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-04-2005, 09:48 AM
I'd like either Mariucci or Billick. I want to part of Martz aka Vermeil II.