PDA

View Full Version : Owens shooting his mouth off again ... another QB he doesn't like

Mr. Laz
11-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Posted on Fri, Nov. 04, 2005

Owens blasts McNabb, organization

By Jim Swan

Inquirer Staff Writer

Terrell Owens dropped a few bombshells during an interview shown on ESPN's SportsCenter last night.

The Eagles wide receiver, who does not talk to Philadelphia reporters, was interviewed by an ESPN.com contributor, who asked Owens about comments made by former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst, had said that the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback, and in some respects, Owens agreed.

"He's a guy, obviously, a number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he plays with injuries," Owens said of Favre. "I just feel like [with] him being knowledgable about the quarterback position, I just feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens also was asked about how Donovan McNabb's injuries have affected the Eagles' performance this season.

"Our wins and losses are really predicated on how he plays," he said of McNabb.

"Everybody can point fingers at our defense, but it doesn't matter. Even when we were 28 [points] down [against Denver], I still had in the back of my mind that we could come back had our offense gotten in sync.

"I honestly feel with playmakers like myself, L.J. [Smith], and obviously Brian Westbrook, that we could've gotten back in the game, and that we did.

"It's hard to win ball games when you have turnovers, and we had a turnover right when we were about to go in to probably tie the game. That killed our momentum and killed our drive."

Owens was referring to an interception thrown in the end zone by McNabb when the Eagles had cut the Broncos' lead to 28-21.

Owens indicated to ESPN that he was not happy that the Eagles failed to recognize his 100th career touchdown reception, which he posted Oct. 23 against the San Diego Chargers.

"They claim to be first-class, and the best organization," he said of the Eagles. "I just felt like it was an embarrassment. It just shows the lack of class that they had."

ChiefsFan4Life
11-04-2005, 10:16 AM
He can say what he wants...he'll always find a job.

Brock
11-04-2005, 10:17 AM
They knew what they were getting.

Rain Man
11-04-2005, 10:20 AM
I think he just doesn't like anyone who gets more attention than him.

Dartgod
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
"They claim to be first-class, and the best organization," he said of the Eagles. "I just felt like it was an embarrassment. It just shows the lack of class that they had."
Well, he is an expert on low class.

HemiEd
11-04-2005, 10:23 AM
They knew what they were getting.

exactly, he is what he is.

Anyong Bluth
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
LJ is an Angel compared to this d-bag

Uatu
11-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I sort of agree with him. The Eagles would be better with a veteran guy like Favre. McNabb doesn't have the experience or decision making skills that he does.

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I sort of agree with him. The Eagles would be better with a veteran guy like Favre. McNabb doesn't have the experience or decision making skills that he does.

Yeah, we can see all the good Favre is doing for the Pack this year.

Anyong Bluth
11-04-2005, 11:13 AM
agree or disagree. you don't toss your QB under the bus - and if you do have those feelings, dropping it into the media just makes him look like a dumbass

Anyong Bluth
11-04-2005, 11:15 AM
uhh, raiderhader -

Farve is one of the only players on that team - check out the injury list.

You might want to readjust your perception of Farve's play

mike_b_284
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM

Douche bag is overdone. From now on Douch nozzle, the business end of the douche. Plus it rolls off the tounge better

HemiEd
11-04-2005, 11:20 AM
I blame it on Al Saunders for the play calling....................oh wait.

Uatu
11-04-2005, 11:21 AM
uhh, raiderhader -

No kidding, that pop warner team couldn't win with Ditka at QB

You'd think Favre was a proven commodity in this league...

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
uhh, raiderhader -

Favre should have retired two seasons ago, he is not just past he his prime, he is declining steadily. Philly would be a worse team with him at the helm. McNabb has grown into fine QB, Owens is an idiot.

ROYC75
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Damn it Carl :banghead:

jspchief
11-04-2005, 11:29 AM
The best part is, Owens drops this bomb, and now he'll put on his headphones and ignore the media for the rest of the week, letting his teammates face the frenzy.

jspchief
11-04-2005, 11:31 AM
LJ is an Angel compared to this d-bagIMO, we haven't seen the worst of LJ yet.

Ego + talent + not knowing when to keep your mouth shut = Problems.

Amnorix
11-04-2005, 11:35 AM
He can say what he wants...he'll always find a job.

But not with the New England Patriots, and for that I am happy.

He is a piece of excrement.

plbrdude
11-04-2005, 11:36 AM
too bad the people at philly don't have the guts to let him sit. the win at any cost of professional sports breeds idiots like owens.

siberian khatru
11-04-2005, 11:36 AM

I wonder how he'd look in a sexy schoolgirl outfit? :hmmm:

Anyong Bluth
11-04-2005, 11:40 AM
halloween already passed - have to wait another year for all sluts night to find out!?

Spicy McHaggis
11-04-2005, 11:55 AM
I was thinking about how ridiculous this all is and what it would be like if people in other professions pulled this kind of shit. Can you imagine Colin Powell doing sit-ups in his driveway while he was being "interviewed" by reporters. In between the crunches he spits out drivel about how Bush has made bad mistakes and he wishes that he could work under Gerald Ford.

jspchief
11-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Ooooh. The Eagles must have just layed the smackdown on Owens, because I just heard a sound bite of him apologizing to the organization and his teammates.

chagrin
11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Ooooh. The Eagles must have just layed the smackdown on Owens, because I just heard a sound bite of him apologizing to the organization and his teammates.

where? Anymore details?

jspchief
11-04-2005, 12:08 PM
where? Anymore details?Fox sports radio.

No other details beyond speculation of suspension.

Tribal Warfare
11-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Owens may be an ***hole, but noone can deny his work ethic. The guy's motivated to be the best at his position.

chagrin
11-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Owens may be an ***hole, but noone can deny his work ethic. The guy's motivated to be the best at his position.

true but, just as in SF, he cannot lead a team on his own anywhere. His TD's and league leading 773 yards are not helping them win games, so I wonder exactly how he helps his team?Football IS in fact a team game, Vick, T.O., Favre, even Montana couldn't lead a team to win the SuperBowl on their own.

So:

T.O. = the same value of anyone else on that team right now.

Anyong Bluth
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I've got odds on they threatened to take his money.
While they probably don't have a strict poison pill clause in the contract, simple assertions of frustration and bad faith given his notorious conduct and pattern offense obviously pricked up his lawyers ears in terms of succeeding.

I could be wrong, but $ seems to be the only language TO responds to, and threat of taking back his $$ / signing bonus, a la Ricky Williams, quickly will make the good solider fall into line.

Anyong Bluth
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
TO may be good, but I'll take Steve Smith or Chad Johnson over him any and every day of the week. Even Randy is doing more for his team I think.

Not being a cancer should be a given, but this asschap doesn't get it, and doesn't realize greatness is not achieved by climbing the mountain of success on the backs of those who helped your reach it.

jspchief
11-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I've got odds on they threatened to take his money.
While they probably don't have a strict poison pill clause in the contract, simple assertions of frustration and bad faith given his notorious conduct and pattern offense obviously pricked up his lawyers ears in terms of succeeding.

I could be wrong, but $ seems to be the only language TO responds to, and threat of taking back his $$ / signing bonus, a la Ricky Williams, quickly will make the good solider fall into line.They probably have a clause that addresses him opening his big mouth to take shots at the organization.

Skip Towne
11-04-2005, 12:25 PM
I think he just doesn't like anyone who gets more attention than him.
Yep, just like that woman you knew who didn't like any woman hotter than her.

Mile High Mania
11-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Damn, he's come a long way from being the young "little known" player that caught that TD pass years ago in San Fran and cried.

Total jackass.

wolfpack0735
11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Damn, he's come a long way from being the young "little known" player that caught that TD pass years ago in San Fran and cried.

Total jackass.
why are you saying good things about him?

Mr. Laz
11-04-2005, 12:48 PM
true but, just as in SF, he cannot lead a team on his own anywhere. His TD's and league leading 773 yards are not helping them win games, so I wonder exactly how he helps his team?Football IS in fact a team game, Vick, T.O., Favre, even Montana couldn't lead a team to win the SuperBowl on their own.

So:

T.O. = the same value of anyone else on that team right now.

which could lead to the question:

Is having a wide receiver as their best player on offense a bad thing?

Does the selfish nature of the WR position make it more problematic than most?

tk13
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
This is what would happen if people like Green and Hicks and Vermeil don't spin things in the media. Massive controversy. Great example right here. Well maybe it wouldn't be a massive controversy if one of them came out and said "McCleon isn't doing good"... but it wouldn't be good for the team, at all.

BigRedChief
11-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Now he is apologizing for his comments:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5053182

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Terrell Owens (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/70702) apologized to the Philadelphia Eagles (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67058) on Friday, one day after blasting the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.
"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67058) organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said in a prepared statement. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

Iowanian
11-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Andy Reid called him in closed the door and said
"TO...you just hung a vacancy sign on your ass, and my foot is looking for a room! dum mass!"

ChiefsCountry
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Whitlock is going to write an article saying that TO is racist. :)

HemiEd
11-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Now he is apologizing for his comments:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5053182

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Terrell Owens (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/70702) apologized to the Philadelphia Eagles (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67058) on Friday, one day after blasting the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.
"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67058) organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said in a prepared statement. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

what an idiot, uh, rich idiot.

chagrin
11-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

This aprt always pisses me off when digheads say stupid shit. I apologize for "any" offensive remarks, like he doesn't believe calling out the Org and its coaches, etc is classless.

I wish I had a rocket launcher

Cochise
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
McNabb ain't that great, not as special as the media polishes him as, but TO could do a lot worse.

He's ruining his market, every time he pulls this crap. I dont know where the next 'big money' deal is going to come from.

Iowanian
11-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I'll bet Limbaugh is just paying him to say those mean things about McNabb.

Calcountry
11-04-2005, 03:19 PM
He can say what he wants...he'll always find a job.Good thing TO doesn't have a conservative Radio Talk show and is Black.