PDA

View Full Version : whre's the d.c. header?

Danush
11-04-2005, 12:09 PM
What happened to the new header in the D.C. forum?

It has gone back to the old header for some reason.

Count Alex's Losses
11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Mouseover forums and hit DC Forum on the drop down.

go bowe
11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Mouseover forums and hit DC Forum on the drop down.no, i think he's talking about once you're in d.c., the header is not there anymore...

Dartgod
11-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Works ok for me.

patteeu
11-04-2005, 12:56 PM
It's just more Lounge elitism designed to marginalize those in the DC forum even further. You might notice that there is no link back to the Lounge on that page. Where you might expect a link to the Lounge, there is a self-referencing link to the DC forum instead. These guys don't want DC riff raff to find their way back here.

jspchief
11-04-2005, 12:59 PM
These guys don't want DC riff raff to find their way back here.It's not working yet.

StcChief
11-04-2005, 01:00 PM
It's just more Lounge elitism designed to marginalize those in the DC forum even further. You might notice that there is no link back to the Lounge on that page. Where you might expect a link to the Lounge, there is a self-referencing link to the DC forum instead. These guys don't want DC riff raff to find their way back here.

If it were only that easy to herd them in there and keep 'em pinned in,
not roaming around like cattle.

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't know what the hell any of you are talking about, I see the header and there is a link to the Lounge under the drop down forum menu.

patteeu
11-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't know what the hell any of you are talking about, I see the header and there is a link to the Lounge under the drop down forum menu.

Go to the DC forum and see if you see the same thing there. That's what this thread appears to be about. But store the Lounge as a bookmark first or you will never find your way back. ;)

patteeu
11-04-2005, 01:04 PM
It's not working yet.

If it were only that easy to herd them in there and keep 'em pinned in,
not roaming around like cattle.

ROFL

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Go to the DC forum and see if you see the same thing there. That's what this thread appears to be about. But store the Lounge as a bookmark first or you will never find your way back. ;)

I did go ever there. I went to the drop down menu labled "Forums" and at the top of the list was "Lounge". You, Sir, are on crack.

Dartgod
11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Works for me... :shrug:

patteeu
11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
That's weird, here's what it looks like to me:

luv
11-04-2005, 01:38 PM
We've had a leak from the DC Forum. Clean-up on isle 7.

:p

morphius
11-04-2005, 01:39 PM
That's weird, here's what it looks like to me:
Ahhh. Switch to Full Featured in your options instead of default.

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

I think we should segregate you folks at CP functions too. Those of us that stay mostly in the lounge get the ribs, steak, and micorbrews---the D.C. crew can have hot dogs and PBR or Natty Lite.

patteeu
11-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Ahhh. Switch to Full Featured in your options instead of default.

Rep for solving the mystery. That works.

patteeu
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
I think we should segregate you folks at CP functions too. Those of us that stay mostly in the lounge get the ribs, steak, and micorbrews---the D.C. crew can have hot dogs and PBR or Natty Lite.

You're gonna tear a groin muscle one of these days with the way you try to straddle fences in a hopeless attempt to manage your image, Mr. Democrat/LoungeDenizen/StraightGuy-in-name-only. :p

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 01:51 PM
You're gonna tear a groin muscle one of these days with the way you try to straddle fences in a hopeless attempt to manage your image, Mr. Democrat/LoungeDenizen/StraightGuy-in-name-only. :p

At his age, it is a wonder he has not already torn it.

morphius
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Rep for solving the mystery. That works.
It was something we saw in the profile manager when we were testing the new one, but we hadn't noticed it in any of the forums...

morphius
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
At his age, it is a wonder he has not already torn it.
I don't know, did you see him dance :D

Sully
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the help... fixed mine as well. I sent you a PM for another tech question I had...

Logical
11-04-2005, 01:58 PM
I did go ever there. I went to the drop down menu labled "Forums" and at the top of the list was "Lounge". You, Sir, are on crack.Jamie, come on your are smarter than this, he is talking about in the header. Not in the drop down at the bottom of the page.

Raiderhader

I guess I missed that. I was probably passed out drunk when it happened.

patteeu
It was something we saw in the profile manager when we were testing the new one, but we hadn't noticed it in any of the forums...

Nobody notices the dilapidated buildings, the crumbling infrastructure, the shattered lives or the abandoned hope in the ghetto. It's par for the course. ;)

Logical
11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Works for me... :shrug:Oh so now they hate us folks who use At Work mode. We ain't got no forum link at the top of the page.

Sorry Jamie.

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Manage my image? If saying whatever the fugg I think at a given point in time is "managing my image".....I ought to be a White House PR consultant. Heh. :p

I will admit my wild and conscious swings from humor, to serious contemplation and reflection, to dumbassery, to advocating, to playing devil's advocate, to dumbassery under the influence (DUI? heh) may give less sophisticated posters pause....but fugg 'em if they can't keep up.

Once I figured that out, it's been a less maddening experience here. :harumph:

:)

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Jamie, come on your are smarter than this, he is talking about in the header. Not in the drop down at the bottom of the page.

I know I am smarter than that, I didn't even scroll down to be able to view that menu. I was speaking specifically of the drop down menu up top.

morphius
11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
I guess I missed that. I was probably passed out drunk when it happened.
Figured there may be a lot you don't remember.

Logical
11-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I know I am smarter than that, I didn't even scroll down to be able to view that menu. I was speaking specifically of the drop down menu up top.

Sorry, in At Work mode that drop down at the top of the page does not exist. So I did not know what you were talking about.

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 02:04 PM

I was gonna ask you to dance, but your eyes were too mesmerizing. I thought I might try grabbing your ass or something--and didn't want the public embarrasment of that. ;)

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Oh so now they hate us folks who use At Work mode. We ain't got no forum link at the top of the page.

Sorry Jamie.

S'okay.

Logical
11-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Manage my image? If saying whatever the fugg I think at a given point in time is "managing my image".....I ought to be a White House PR consultant. Heh. :p

I will admit my wild and conscious swings from humor, to serious contemplation and reflection, to dumbassery, to advocating, to playing devil's advocate, to dumbassery under the influence (DUI? heh) may give less sophisticated posters pause....but fugg 'em if they can't keep up.

Once I figured that out, it's been a less maddening experience here. :harumph:

:)For the rest of us, we just treat you as the jack-ass we know you have become.

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Figured there may be a lot you don't remember.

I have no doubts.

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Sorry, in At Work mode that drop down at the top of the page does not exist. So I did not know what you were talking about.

No big deal. I was just as off since there really wasn't that menu for some of you.

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 02:11 PM
For the rest of us, we just treat you as the jack-ass we know you have become.

Are you just sore you no longer have a monopoly on being the Chief Jack-Ass? :hmmm:

Rest assured, Jim.....believe me, you are still the biggest jackass here. By far. It ain't even close. Not even close. :)

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
I was gonna ask you to dance, but your eyes were too mesmerizing. I thought I might try grabbing your ass or something--and didn't want the public embarrasment of that. ;)

Public embarrasment? WTF? You weren't worried about public embarrasment when you laid down and started spooning with Brian on the floor, Anton.

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Public embarrasment? WTF? You weren't worried about public embarrasment when you laid down and started spooning with Brian on the floor, Anton.

ROFL

I still think it would've been a priceless and funny pic......might, I say "might" have even embarrased him a bit. It woulda been worth it. :p

morphius
11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, I would have hated to show you up, lol.

Morphius
Doesn't think anyone can dance to that kind of music.

Logical
11-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Are you just sore you no longer have a monopoly on being the Chief Jack-Ass? :hmmm:

Rest assured, Jim.....believe me, you are still the biggest jackass here. By far. It ain't even close. Not even close. :)

Nope, I am the Chief Arrogant Asshole. but I think if you check with most people on this BB I don't even rate as a jack-ass compared to you. I know of few that have been close short of Thomas and he was banned.

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:22 PM
ROFL

I still think it would've been a priceless and funny pic......might, I say "might" have even embarrased him a bit. It woulda been worth it. :p

Why do you think I gave you the idea?

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Nope, I am the Chief Arrogant Asshole. but I think if you check with most people on this BB I don't even rate as a jack-ass compared to you. I know of few that have been close short of Thomas and he was banned.

Asshole, Jackass.....you are splitting hairs. If you prefer asshole, that works fro me. Either way, that you revel in it speaks volumes.

Mr. Kotter
11-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Why do you think I gave you the idea?

Heh. It could just have as easily originated with me. Of course, I don't remember whose idea it really was. :hmmm:

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Heh. It could just have as easily originated with me. Of course, I don't remember whose idea it really was. :hmmm:

It was mine, I remember suggesting it. Though when I suggested it, I had no idea that YOU would jump all over it like a gay man at a c*ck buffet. I don't recall suggesting that you be the person to do it, just that it would be funny to have happen.

Danush
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
wow....this place gives new meaning to the term "hijacked thread"

morphius
11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
It's really a gift.

Raiderhader
11-04-2005, 03:28 PM

At the Planet, hijacking threads is an art form.

Danush
11-04-2005, 03:30 PM
It's really a gift.

I prefer beer if I'm getting gifts.....happy hour in two hours. woo-hoo.

morphius
11-04-2005, 03:33 PM
I prefer beer if I'm getting gifts.....happy hour in two hours. woo-hoo.
I didn't mean that it was a gift to you, do you really think everything here has to be about you? Dear lord, why do all the noob's have to be so damn self centered?

:D

Danush
11-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I didn't mean that it was a gift to you, do you really think everything here has to be about you? Dear lord, why do all the noob's have to be so damn self centered?

:D

Sorry it takes us a while who is sharp enough to get the puns. heh.

morphius
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Sorry it takes us a while who is sharp enough to get the puns. heh.
That's okay, I never actually pick on noob's and a smiley means that it might not be obvious that I was being completely facetious.