PDA

View Full Version : DV Q&A - Friday

DaFace
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/11/04/qa_with_coach_vermeiloakaft/

Q&A WITH COACH VERMEIL
Nov 04, 2005, 2:27:32 PM

Afternoon

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about Willie Roaf?

D. VERMEIL: Willie Roaf was in an auto accident this morning. Not injured. The car was injured and has been put on IR for the year the car that is. Hes home. Hes fine. Hes been checked out by the doctor. It shook him up.

Q: Will he be able to play on Sunday?

VERMEIL: I dont know yet. It has nothing to do with auto accident. It has everything to do with the hamstring.

Q: Priest Holmes is still not back yet.

VERMEIL: Hes on his way back.

Q: Have you got the report from the doctor?

VERMEIL: I havent but Carl (Peterson) and other people have talked to him. Its doubtful.

Q: Trent Green was back today and you said you wanted to talk to him about how he felt before saying hed play. Hows he checking out?

VERMEIL: Hes great. He wants to play. I trust him because I know how unselfish he is and if he didnt think he could step in and run our game plan then he would tell me. As you saw on the practice field today, hes very sharp and he knows what hes doing. Hes been in the offense for a long time and we dont change that much, although people think we do. We change the formations and movements and schemes but the core of the offense is the core of the offense and no one executes it any better than he does. His arm was fresh and alive today and he threw the ball accurately so well go with Trent Green.

Q: What about Patrick Surtain?

VERMEIL: Hes still questionable. Itll probably be a pre-game warmup type thing like last week with John Browning. When we warm him up and he feels good then hell play.

Q: What about McCleon?

VERMEIL: I think hes doubtful.

DaFace
11-04-2005, 01:48 PM
This at least sheds a bit of light on some of the day's topics (Green, Roaf, and Priest at least).

Hydrae
11-04-2005, 01:52 PM
The car was injured and has been put on IR for the year

:LOL:

Raiderhader
Green was a none issue, and anyone with half a brain knew it.

tk13
VERMEIL: Willie Roaf was in an auto accident this morning. Not injured. The car was injured and has been put on IR for the year

ROFL

Iowanian
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
It almost sounds like Holmes went to California and said "you know doc, I'd kind of like sunday off".

Count Zarth
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Still not counting out Priest because of his history.

However, if he doesn't go, it will be interesting to see what LJ does.

HemiEd
It almost sounds like Holmes went to California and said "you know doc, I'd kind of like sunday off".

:hmmm:

nascher
who will backup LJ ???

DaFace
11-04-2005, 01:56 PM
if he doesn't go, it will be interesting to see what LJ does.

I think I'd actually be fine with Priest taking the week off. I'm somewhat curious to see if LJ can sustain his +5 average through a full game. He's doing well now, but how much of it has come from only getting a few carries? :hmmm:

who will backup LJ ???

That's the scary part.

acasas4
11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
:shake:

JBucc
11-04-2005, 02:04 PM
who will backup LJ ???Ronnie Cruz?

RedThat
11-04-2005, 02:29 PM

Now do you really think Holmes would do that?

Scaga
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Now do you really think Holmes would do that?

Hell yeah....
Somebody has to sit in the press box and eat the nachos.

:drool:

jspchief
11-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I find it odd that Carl has talked with Priest but DV hasn't. It makes me wonder if there isn't something serious.

I hate to jump to conclusions, But I would think Priest would be talking to the coach about playing, not the GM.

Cormac
11-04-2005, 02:48 PM
who will backup LJ ???

Richardson will probably get 3-5 carries, and there will be a couple of running plays and WR screens to Dante and Kennison. That's my guess.

Besides, LJ is a big guy, he can carry it 30 times on his own, and I bet he'd relish the chance.

jspchief
11-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Vermeil just said on the radio that Ronnie Cruz will take Priest's role, and that LJ would still get in on every 3rd series.

DaFace
11-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Richardson will probably get 3-5 carries, and there will be a couple of running plays and WR screens to Dante and Kennison. That's my guess.

Besides, LJ is a big guy, he can carry it 30 times on his own, and I bet he'd relish the chance.

Oh, I don't doubt he could carry the load. I'm only worried about what happens if HE gets hurt.

My guess is that he will go into the game with something to prove, so he'd carry it 45 times if they'd let him.

Count Zarth
11-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Vermeil just said on the radio that Ronnie Cruz will take Priest's role, and that LJ would still get in on every 3rd series.

ROFL

You bastard.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Priest Holmes can't seem to stay healthy. He needs to be on the field.

Reaper16
11-04-2005, 04:36 PM
who will backup LJ ???
Rich Scanlon?

tomahawk kid
11-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Just saw John Clayton on ESPN news.

He mentioned that Priest was probably out and Willie was questionable.

Didn't even mentioned Surtain.

He DID say that there's a decent chance Moss will be out Sunday, but I'm not going to count on it.

KCChiefsFan88
11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Why do Priest Holmes' injuries always turn into these mysterious on-going sagas.

CosmicPal
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Why do Priest Holmes' injuries always turn into these mysterious on-going sagas.

Shottenheimer was even more brutal at evading the truth of his player's injuries when he was w/KC.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
If LJ has a blow up game, it'll be interesting to see what happens the rest of the season with the "rotation."