Saulbadguy
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Does that mean Roaf is out?

Warrior5
11-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Link?

BigChiefFan
11-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Our O-line is in shamble the injury bug and old age is catching up. With that said, WTF did we give up a 3rd rounder for a player to ride the pine? What is going on with Welbourne?

jiveturkey
11-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Our O-line is in shamble the injury bug and old age is catching up. With that said, WTF did we give up a 3rd rounder for a player to ride the pine? What is going on with Welbourne?He'll be a RT.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Our O-line is in shamble the injury bug and old age is catching up. With that said, WTF did we give up a 3rd rounder for a player to ride the pine? What is going on with Welbourne?
it was two 3rd rounders ... wasn't it?

i imagine welbourn is going to start at right tackle this week

Black
waters
wiegmann
shields
Welbourn

i really wonder what's up with Sampson

sedated
11-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Roaf will play, he's a beast

Skip Towne
11-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Why did we let Lilja go?

jiveturkey
11-04-2005, 04:53 PM
i really wonder what's up with SampsonHe suffered other injury I believe.

Maybe a shoulder.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Why did we let Lilja go?

we didn't really mean to let him go ...

they tried to sneak him onto the practice squad and the colts snagged him.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Why did we let Lilja go?
We thought we could release him and sign him to the Practice Squad. He wasn't that great of an athlete, but had good footwork and a good brain. Oh yeah, and he was a Wildcat. :)

jiveturkey
11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Why did we let Lilja go?Isn't he an OG?

We need a 3rd OT that can push people down and then step on them. A 2nd one would also be nice.

HemiEd
11-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Sounds like the same thing we did with Keith Traylor. Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Skip Towne
11-04-2005, 05:09 PM

OK, so we pissed him away.

NaptownChief
11-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Speaking oline help...With Roaf and Shields likely in their final season I would sure hope that the Chiefs make a very serious offer to Steve Hutchinson in the offseason to replace Shields...Not sure where the hell we can get a good LT but with Hutchinson and LaCharles Bentley getting ready to become unrestricted FA's we have two very good opportunities to replace Shields...

Reaper16
11-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Speaking oline help...With Roaf and Shields likely in their final season I would sure hope that the Chiefs make a very serious offer to Steve Hutchinson in the offseason to replace Shields...Not sure where the hell we can get a good LT but with Hutchinson and LaCharles Bentley getting ready to become unrestricted FA's we have two very good opportunities to replace Shields...
Welbourne can play RG, probably better than Will can at this point.

tyton75
11-04-2005, 05:22 PM

Blasphemy!

acasas4
11-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I hope Trent survives this one. :(

Tribal Warfare
11-04-2005, 07:04 PM

%(/ :bong:

You better share what your smoking !!!

B_Ambuehl
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Actually even with Roaf out the o-line should be better then it was the first time we played the Raiders. Black started at left tackle in that game too but Welbourn was suspended. This time Welbourn will be at right tackle.

Reaper16
11-04-2005, 07:16 PM

Hey, RG is his natural position. And don't lie to yourself, we've all seen Shields get beat numerous times this season. It's sad to see a legend play average for once.

Son of Logical
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Seriously, I don't get the deal with Will Shields. I mean he a legit probowler last year. This year he looks just average. How can a guy have such a huge drop off? I mean if he had some major injury I would get it, but where is the above average step. He went from excellent to average.

Reaper16
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
It's age finally catching up. Media types have been predicting this would happen for years now, they were bound to be right sometime. It kind of reminds me of the Faiders in '03, a year removed from the Super Bowl but aged to the point of irrelevance, but to a lesser degree. I think this offense can still play like it has been, at least at some point in this season.

RedThat
11-04-2005, 07:46 PM

Shields has not been the same this year. Have you watched the games? He's been very average.

NaptownChief
11-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Seriously, I don't get the deal with Will Shields. I mean he a legit probowler last year. This year he looks just average. How can a guy have such a huge drop off? I mean if he had some major injury I would get it, but where is the above average step. He went from excellent to average.

Back problems...Anybody who has serious back problems can tell you that. If the back is giving you trouble a man the size and strength of Will Shields can be taken down by a 5 year old kid let alone get beat by NFL athletes. His back was bad enough in the offseason that he at one point was pretty certain he was going to retire...Backs don't get better quick, if ever, and they certainly don't get better with 300lb men beating on you.

Tribal Warfare
11-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Shields has not been the same this year. Have you watched the games? He's been very average.
While viewing him pancaking San Diego LBs ???

Fruit Ninja
11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
I think Roaf is out. I think its best for him > we beat the Raiders once without him. Maybe its best if he sits these next 2-3 games. We need him Healthy when we hit the Patriots game.

Also, WIll Is hurting big time right now. He is just struggling through it, hopeing he eases up on him. GUy is gone after this year. Sad to say but he is just to beat up.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2005, 09:52 PM
I think Roaf is out. I think its best for him > we beat the Raiders once without him. Maybe its best if he sits these next 2-3 games. We need him Healthy when we hit the Patriots game.

Also, WIll Is hurting big time right now. He is just struggling through it, hopeing he eases up on him. GUy is gone after this year. Sad to say but he is just to beat up.
It might be too late by then. Roaf needs to play if he can go. This weekend's game is a must. By the time the Pats game roles around, the season could already be sunk.

Chiefnj
11-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Shields isn't the player he was last year, but the talk of him being average reminds me of the talk in the offseason how the Chiefs were developing guys like Sampson and Black and Welbourne and how when Roaf and Shields retire the Chiefs have good depth, blah, blah, blah. Well a few games without Roaf proved that wrong. Shields at 50% is still better than the vast majority of guards out there, including roid man.

Reaper16
11-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Shields isn't the player he was last year, but the talk of him being average reminds me of the talk in the offseason how the Chiefs were developing guys like Sampson and Black and Welbourne and how when Roaf and Shields retire the Chiefs have good depth, blah, blah, blah. Well a few games without Roaf proved that wrong. Shields at 50% is still better than the vast majority of guards out there, including roid man.

Why are you still on the "Draft Pollack Campaign?"

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:13 PM
OK, so we pissed him away.

Not that it'll make you feel any better, but we (Oakland) did the same thing with Pete McMahon. A big ole Iowa lineman. Could have been a good RT. We tried to get him to the practice squad and he didn't make it either.

By the way, it's Raider Week. Get fired up, gentlemen.