PDA

View Full Version : Migraines suck.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-04-2005, 05:23 PM
So, I haven't had a migraine in over four years... right now, my eye feels like it's about to pop, the left side of my face LITERALLY feels like its sliding down my face, I'm losing vision in my left eye, it's bloodshot as all hell, the pupil is about half the size of my right, and I think I can feel my hair grow. I really hope this ends soon.

Rain Man
11-04-2005, 05:25 PM
I hope you feel better soon.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2005, 05:26 PM
That sucks. Here, check out this website...it will help you out a bit.

Link (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/rgb.php)

Fried Meat Ball!
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I really hope you rot in hell. Ass.

Rain Man

I just accidentally fell out of my chair.

Fried Meat Ball!
I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. Me too.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2005, 05:30 PM
You just have a really bad headache. If you had a real Migraine, you wouldn't be on the computer right now.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-04-2005, 05:32 PM
You just have a really bad headache. If you had a real Migraine, you wouldn't be on the computer right now.
Care to bet? I've been diagnosed by doctors, had the MRIs, CT scans, been to the neurologists, etc. Right now, the visual sensitivity that comes with is not too bad. The sound sensitivity is the big one right now. Trust me, it's not just a bad headache. As a sufferer of migraines, I know EXACTLY what it's like when people come and say, "I have a migraine," when it's obviously just a bad headache.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, get some rest, pop some pills..hope all is well in time for Sunday at noon. :)

Fried Meat Ball!
11-04-2005, 05:35 PM
The more I think about that, Saul, **** you. You don't know me, and if you know about migraines, the you ****ing KNOW that symptoms can range from sound, light, textile sensitivity, any ONE or ALL... having suffered from these for about 6 years before they went away, I can tell you that in about three hours I'll have all three, but right now, it's just sound. And I've already slept for like five hours this afternoon, and I can't sleep. The computer is about the only thing I can do right now. In a few hours, I'll just be lying in bed, so I'm taking the little bit I can do.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Well, get some rest, pop some pills..hope all is well in time for Sunday at noon. :)
Maybe I was a bit rash in my previous post. Sorry.

Bowser
11-04-2005, 05:43 PM

ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
eat bananas

4th and Long
11-04-2005, 06:02 PM
eat bananas
That's for low potassium, not migranes.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
And diarrhea.

Bowser
11-04-2005, 06:04 PM
And diarrhea.

Somewhere, JimNasium's ears just perked up.

4th and Long
11-04-2005, 06:06 PM
And diarrhea.
And a euphemism for a mouth hug. "Hey baby, wanna eat my banana?"

Reaper16
11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I know exactly what you're going through. And it always pisses me off when people say thay have a migrane. They almost never actually get them. I'm prescribed these insane red pills for them; I'd probably make some cash selling them downtown where I live. :)
It's odd, but migranes seem hereditary on my mom's side of the family.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-04-2005, 06:20 PM

wait you don't eat them..."Slice a banana lengthwise, put one half on the forehead and the other half at the back of the neck."

I think it's if you miss work because of the migraines you can be on the dole

dtebbe
11-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Man, I'm feelin' for ya. I had one last sunday, worst one ever in my life. I was just about to have the wife drive me to the emergency room when it finally let up. My head was literally "sore", for 2 days afterwards. It's been almost 2 years since I had one. Not sure what triggered the one last Sunday, but the Chiefs' performance in Sandy Eggo was no help. This one was really weird in that sight, sound, AND smell were all setting it off. And as luck would have it I smoked up a big brisket and the whole house smelled like BBQ, it was killing me.

I've heard that Excedrin Migrane actually works pretty good, along with sensory deprivation.

DT

listopencil
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Believe it or not, I've had some luck with caffeine pills mixed with several pain releivers. You can take ibuprofen and aceteminophen at the same time because they are processed by different internal organs so I take both with 200-400 mgs of caffeine. If I take it all right away the migraine gets knocked down to a regular headache. Everybody's different so don't sue me if you do this and your brain explodes inside your skull. Fair warning.

4th and Long
11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Believe it or not, I've had some luck with caffeine pills mixed with several pain releivers. You can take ibuprofen and aceteminophen at the same time because they are processed by different internal organs so I take both with 200-400 mgs of caffeine. If I take it all right away the migraine gets knocked down to a regular headache. Everybody's different so don't sue me if you do this and your brain explodes inside your skull. Fair warning.
Caffeine pills work well because the perpetuate the mechanism of action of the other pain meds.

listopencil
11-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Caffeine pills work well because the perpetuate the mechanism of action of the other pain meds.

They also make you tweak like a crackwhore, but that's just the fun part.

4th and Long
11-04-2005, 09:19 PM
They also make you tweak like a crackwhore, but that's just the fun part.
ROFL

dtebbe
11-04-2005, 10:16 PM

This is exactly what's in Excedrin. IMHO definately works best for headaches.

DT

KChiefsQT
11-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Go find the first stoner you can find... buy a little bud and go to sleep. That's always my cure when migranes come around. If you're not into this... I don't know what to tell you. Migranes suck, I'm sorry!!! :(

Lonewolf Ed
11-04-2005, 10:52 PM
So, I haven't had a migraine in over four years... right now, my eye feels like it's about to pop, the left side of my face LITERALLY feels like its sliding down my face, I'm losing vision in my left eye, it's bloodshot as all hell, the pupil is about half the size of my right, and I think I can feel my hair grow. I really hope this ends soon.

Have you tried taking potassium supplements? I cured my mother's migraines years ago with that. It came about from my martial arts class, actually. The instructor said if we were getting cramps in our muscles, to eat more bananas and oranges to increase our potassium intake. My mother always said her migraines started with her neck muscles tightening up horribly, so I thought, "Why not try potassium?" Now she takes it everyday, and is migraine free. She also discovered that whatever is in orange cheeses, like cheddar, triggered her attacks. My aunt gets hers when she eats chocolate. Stay away from MSG whenever possible, too.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Well, it would appear that the migraine is still here, but between the 1000mg Motrins and the Excedrin Migraines knock out the pain for about 2 hours. That's better than nothing.

There's a possibility that this one was triggered by a number of things... I haven't rested well in about two weeks because of either me being sick or my wife being sick; because of being sick and somewhat poor eating habits over the illness, my blood sugar has been higher than normal; and three days ago my wife and I were scuffling like we do and she accidentally poked me in the eye really hard (the same eye the migraine's behind).

Anyway... the meds I'm on really are doing a good job this time around. They didn't used to (again, it's been over four years since I had one).

Thanks to everyone who popped in...