PDA

View Full Version : Raider Fan Alert

Crow
11-04-2005, 10:55 PM
How's it hangin', my Navajo style brethren? Just here to say I look forward to a good game this weekend and hope to get in a few jabs before LJ ultimately sets the single game rushing record against us.

Sound off, Chief Fan. What's the good word?

Lurch
11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
How's it hangin', my Navajo style brethren? Just here to say I look forward to a good game this weekend and hope to get in a few jabs before LJ ultimately sets the single game rushing record against us.

The Chiefs losing at SD last week hurts you guys. Although you've been playin' better, this just may be the statement game from the Defense many have been looking for.

Chiefs 31, Raiders 10

Welcome to the board, BTW.

kchero
11-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Actually your rush defense looks solid. This is a Raider vs. Chiefs game so all records go out the window. This will be an entertaining game indeed.

greg63
11-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Sunday could be interesting. Key injuries on both teams, I believe, could well play a factor.

Lonewolf Ed
11-04-2005, 11:04 PM

If your run D is truly that bad, then I'd expect Jason Dunn to have a career day receiving the ball. The Chiefs don't seem to like attacking the opponent's weaknesses.

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't sure how you guys would receive an "enemy combatant" on your home turf. ;)

Burgess has been hot lately, so I look forward to seeing what he can do against...whoever you guys stroll out there at RT.

As for the run defense, well, if Chris Brown can get nearly 100 and a score...LJ worries the hell out of me. Losing Woodson and Gibson screwed our run D pretty badly.

Still, if we can get to Trent, we might actually steal this one. I just can't help but think back to the last QB we faced who had just lost his dad. That guy didn't treat us so well.

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:10 PM
If your run D is truly that bad, then I'd expect Jason Dunn to have a career day receiving the ball. The Chiefs don't seem to like attacking the opponent's weaknesses.

I'm counting on that. Our only two players capable of covering a TE (Wood, Gibson) are gone. If Dick gets bold enough to keep Gonzalez running pass routes, he'll gut us. I can understand using a lot of max-pro with KC's tackle situation, but the opportunity for TG to go nuts is just too good to pass up, IMO. So, hopefully, he stays in to double Burgess all game long.

njbill
11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I wonder how much sandbagging is going on with the injury report from both sides?

Ugly Duck
11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey now.... Diaper Boy won't be setting any single-game rushing record on Sunday. Oakland is allowing a not-to-shabby 3.9 yards per rush, #11 in the NFL. KC is close, #13 allowing 4.1 yards per rush. But teams don't even bother to run against KC cuz they allow a whopping 12.8 yards per pass completion, #30 in the league. They've already given up over 2,000 yards in the air so far. The Chiefs have defended fewer run plays than any team in the league..... Why mess with running on the Chiefs when their pass defense sucks so bad?

greg63
11-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I wonder how much sandbagging is going on with the injury report from both sides?

Good point.

njbill
11-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm not gonna talk a lot of shit on this one. We cant seem to buy a freakin win against these guys.

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey now.... Diaper Boy won't be setting any single-game rushing record on Sunday. Oakland is allowing a not-to-shabby 3.9 yards per rush, #11 in the NFL. KC is close, #13 allowing 4.1 yards per rush. But teams don't even bother to run against KC cuz they allow a whopping 12.8 yards per pass completion, #30 in the league. They've already given up over 2,000 yards in the air so far. The Chiefs have defended fewer run plays than any team in the league..... Why mess with running on the Chiefs when their pass defense sucks so bad?

Our defensive stats are a little deceiving since we've had some injuries to a couple of major contributirs to the run defense.

njbill
11-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Our run defense has sucked pole when it mattered. The 2nd half of the Chiefs game for instance.

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Seems as though there's a lot of faith being put in Welbourn's play this week. We might be better served playing Burgess at RDE this week. But if he can handle Welbourn, Brayton should get the better of Black once or twice.

Ugly Duck
11-04-2005, 11:31 PM
What worries me more than DiaperBoy is the penalty thing. We get five flags per game more than KC does. Their defense has been flagged fewer times than anybody else. And at Narrowhead, that differential could get ugly.

njbill
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Wellbourne's pretty good. He's a better G IMO but can play the RT spot.

He's already familiar with the one move Burgess has.

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
We seemed to get the penalty thing in check against Tennessee. Granted, that was probably an aberration. But there's a chance we might actually play a smart game...isn't there?

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Woh...The first post shows up on every page. That's a trip.

"Stay on topic or die!"

I like it.

njbill
11-04-2005, 11:38 PM
We seemed to get the penalty thing in check against Tennessee. Granted, that was probably an aberration. But there's a chance we might actually play a smart game...isn't there?

On the road? I kinda doubt it.

njbill
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
I think we'll keep it close enough for our defense to let slip away at the end.

Ugly Duck
11-04-2005, 11:46 PM
On the road? I kinda doubt it.Hey... a "string' of two straight wins have these guyz believeing. Even with KC's home field advantage, this game is a toss-up. The defense that plays the best will win this game. Unless the yellow hankies rain down. Me, I'm going with Oakland.....

Crow
11-04-2005, 11:50 PM
False starts and Arrowhead Stadium seem to go hand in hand. Somebody get Sims some earplugs.

Baconeater
11-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey Raider Fan, you can have Callahan back!

njbill
11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Not a big believer in the "guys believing" line of thinking. Until it happens on the field this team needs to demonstrate the ability to play a smart football game on the road.

We sure as hell aint going to outcoach them.

Frigign Turner is a major Tool!

njbill
11-05-2005, 12:08 AM

Knowing then what I know now, I would have kept him!

Uatu
11-05-2005, 12:16 AM
We will crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women

Crow
11-05-2005, 12:27 AM

Not a chance in hell. :p

That ass whippin' Southern Miss (My local team) handed him in Lincoln will forever be a memory I treasure.