PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons to Single Life

luv
11-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Pros...
My place is my place.
I only worry about what's going on with me.
I don't lay awake cuz someone is snoring next to me.

Cons...
When I'm in a really good mood, there's no one there to share it with.
No one to spoil.
The place may be mine, but so are all of the bills.
Sometimes, ya just need a hug or a knowing smile.
Sense of security in knowing someone else is there.

These are kind of surface things. I could go much deeper, but I won't.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-05-2005, 01:30 AM
bed is alot harder to warm up, when single
you can save alot of money when your single

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-05-2005, 01:32 AM
then again your never lonely when your with someone

luv
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
If I could split the bills, I would definitely be able to save money. But then, I would have someone to shop for.

luv
11-05-2005, 01:38 AM
then again your never lonely when your with someone
Definite con to single life.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-05-2005, 01:39 AM
the shopping for the other person is what i mean, split the bills, get a roommate

keg in kc
11-05-2005, 01:42 AM
then again your never lonely when your with someoneThat's not true at all.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-05-2005, 01:43 AM
kinda true you get my point i hope

luv
11-05-2005, 01:55 AM
the shopping for the other person is what i mean, split the bills, get a roommate
Nope. If I'm gonna live with someone, I'm gonna live with someone.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Nope. If I'm gonna live with someone, I'm gonna live with someone.

i gottcha but once you get there, everything hurts worse

luv
11-05-2005, 02:01 AM
i gottcha but once you get there, everything hurts worse
Things worth having usually do.

jidar
11-05-2005, 02:05 AM
Things worth having usually do.

Stop being a bitch man. Ok just go find a stripper and finish this shit.
Ask her if she "parties" and offer her like $80

Nzoner
11-05-2005, 02:09 AM
That's not true at all.

Words of wisdom.

onescrewleftuntwisted
11-05-2005, 02:11 AM

you need to spend more time on here sober

luv
11-05-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm not into other females, but thanks for the advice. :thumb:

If you want me to be a bitch, though, I can. :D

Otter
11-05-2005, 03:01 AM
There's a good semen disposal joke here I'm just too shit faced to think of it.

Luv2rite, let me share a little secret with you; there are 3 little magic words that can solve any problem in a relationship that's meant to be.

"I don't" know"

Where were you last night? "I don't know"

Were you talking to that bimbo? "I don't know"

Are you going to help my Dad change those tires tommorrow? "I don't know"

Who is that under you and why are your clothes scattered on the floor?

That's right, you guessed it, "I don't know".

Now go out there and give'm hell Luv2rite. Any more questions just let me know.

DeepSouth
11-05-2005, 05:16 AM
I'm not into other females
Bummer. I was about to ask you out.

ExtremeChief
11-05-2005, 05:21 AM
That's not true at all.

Actually the loneliness is worse. It's one thing to be lonely because there is no one there. It's quite another when you are lonely because of the person that is there.

been there
done that

Bob Dole
11-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Pros. You don't have to ask permission to buy all the toys you want. Other than work, you don't need to have a schedule.

Cons? Can't think of any.

Skip Towne
11-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Pros. You don't have to ask permission to buy all the toys you want. Other than work, you don't need to have a schedule.

Cons? Can't think of any.
I can't either. Having a dog around solves all the cons I've seen so far.

KC Jones
11-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I can't either. Having a dog around solves all the cons I've seen so far.

Dude, bestiality is just plain wrong.

:eek:

PunkinDrublic
11-05-2005, 01:26 PM
All the cons listed apply to being lonely not necessarily single. If you feel alone get a damn social life. Why the hell would someone jump into a relationship just because they feel the need to share their success with someone. I just don't understand where that comes from. A relationship with a cool chick can be awesome but if you can't find one there's no reason why you can't enjoy dating until the right one comes along.

DJay23
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro
Guilt free casual sex with multiple partners.
Con
Sex may not be as frequent as if you weren't single

Pro
Can do what you want, when you want, no matter the cost or what some woman might think about it.
Con
This also means no one is close enough to you to care what you are doing (which for some I guess might also be a Pro).

Pro
I always seem to have more meaningful relationships with friends, and more friends of both sexes when I'm single.
Con
Don't have a MOST meaningful relationship with anyone.

Pro
It's very rare if someone is ever mad at me, and that reduces a lot of stress and drama.
Con
Sometimes a good argument can be fun (especially the making up part).

My advice if you're down luv2rite, is to embrace singlehood. Revel in your situation, and that things really aren't that bad. There are 2 sides to everything, why tear yourself apart by focusing on the bad side?Everyone wants to be in a relationship, but you just have to be patient sometimes. Better to wait for that perfect person and situation than to go through all that heartache. In the meantime HAVE FUN with your freedom!

Spott
11-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro's-

Save a ton of money every month.
No nagging.
Never have to go to the mall or a stinkin' shoe store.
Can come & go as you please.
Free to get rid of extra furniture and replace it with pool table, air hockey table & other arcade games.
Free to decorate the house as I please.
No nagging.
Never have to worry about making the bed, leaving socks on the floor, etc.
No nagging.
No drama.
Did I mention no nagging?

Cons

I'll let you know when I come across one.

:)

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Everyone seems to be upset as of late.

Maybe it's because the Chiefs season is already over with and it's only week 9...:)

ENDelt260
11-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Sex may not be as frequent as if you weren't single

Yeah, I hear married dudes get laid all the time.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Hmmm, no I disagree. My wife gets paid, I get paid. I get paid, I get paid again. You can definately make money on being married.

Rain Man
11-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Pros to being single:

1. Can eat when you want, instead of when spouse makes the meal.

2. No one to harass you for eating half a container of Oreos in a day.

3. Lower taxes on your household income.

Pros to being married:

1. Meals magically appear out of nowhere.

2. Sometimes you find Oreos in your pantry when you didn't buy any Oreos.

3. Higher household income.

Calcountry
11-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I hear married dudes get laid all the time.Don't believe them.

Calcountry
11-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Hmmm, no I disagree. My wife gets paid, I get paid. I get paid, I get paid again. You can definately make money on being married.Wife gets divorced from you, she gets paid, and paid and paid and paid again.

Moon§hiner
11-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Being single is just a matter of frame of mind....I sense that Bob Dole has had similar experiences because I feel the same way...except for the beastiality part anyway. Some people need someone for companionship...I personally like it when everyone stays the hell away until I decide to visit them.

Phobia
11-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I hear married dudes get laid all the time.

Sorry, she's mine. Her sister is single though. Again. But she doesn't really date. She just marries and divorces.

RedThat
11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
I have a question, whats it like to have a girlfriend?

Never had that experience before.

Phobia
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM

It's overrated. I recently dumped mine when she opted to splatter her scantilly clad halloween costume all over the internet..

Nzoner
11-05-2005, 03:40 PM

I'd like to answer that but my mrs reads this board from time to time.

RedThat
11-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I'd like to answer that but my mrs reads this board from time to time.

ROFL ok I understand than.

RedThat
11-05-2005, 04:07 PM
It's overrated. I recently dumped mine when she opted to splatter her scantilly clad halloween costume all over the internet..

Really? You think its overrated? I sometimes stress over not having a girlfriend. In your situation, maybe you were just with a bad quality person? Sounds like she did something you werent pleased about, I dont blame you. Id be upset too. Maybe it was just her behaviour that you werent pleased about, sounds like you didnt want any of it, and wouldnt tolerate it anymore.

If you were with someone who behaved well enough to please you, would you still say having a girlfriend is overrated?

Moon§hiner
11-05-2005, 04:12 PM

Good question...find a shop vise....put your testicles in it and clamp it down until it almost becomes unbearable....then open the vise...this is called "making up"...it feels so good to "make up" that you feel that you can handle the vise next time....now put them in again and close just a little tighter this time...then uncrank...you are so happy once again...it's up to you how many times you choose to stick it in the vise.

RedThat
11-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Good question...find a shop vise....put your testicles in it and clamp it down until it almost becomes unbearable....then open the vise...this is called "making up"...it feels so good to "make up" that you feel that you can handle the vise next time....now put them in again and close just a little tighter this time...then uncrank...you are so happy once again...it's up to you how many times you choose to stick it in the vise.

Interesting analogy....hmmm

*your really making me think

ENDelt260
11-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I sometimes stress over not having a girlfriend.

Dude. Don't. Good Lord.

chiefs4me
11-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Really? You think its overrated? I sometimes stress over not having a girlfriend. In your situation, maybe you were just with a bad quality person? Sounds like she did something you werent pleased about, I dont blame you. Id be upset too. Maybe it was just her behaviour that you werent pleased about, sounds like you didnt want any of it, and wouldnt tolerate it anymore.

If you were with someone who behaved well enough to please you, would you still say having a girlfriend is overrated?

ROFL..........he doesn't have a girlfreind, he was talking about another poster here, it was a joke....:D

RedThat
11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Dude. Don't. Good Lord.

Your right man. It's not worth it too stress over those kinda things.

Jenny Gump
11-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro: Can do whatever I want, within reason of the law and God's wrath.

Con: No one to share the little things with.

Jenny Gump
11-05-2005, 05:38 PM

Speaking of girlfriends...I went to V's S today and bought a pair of pj bottoms with your wife's moniker on the ass.

Now, I have Pink...and she's on my ass.

Extra Point
11-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, no I disagree. My wife gets paid, I get paid. I get paid, I get paid again. You can definately make money on being married.

Is Fred Garvin your hero?

DJay23
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM

Expensive both monetarily and temporally.

luv
11-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Con:

I have to hook up my own damn computer parts and figure out how everything works. I guess I could technically pay someone to do that, so I wouldn't necessarily have to have my own man for that.

luv
11-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Another con:

I have to take out the trash and unload the dishwasher. Small tasks that I just hate doing.

ENDelt260
11-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Another con:

I have to take out the trash and unload the dishwasher. Small tasks that I just hate doing.
If you were married that'd be your job, too.

4th and Long
11-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Con:

I have to hook up my own damn computer parts and figure out how everything works. I guess I could technically pay someone to do that, so I wouldn't necessarily have to have my own man for that.
Another con:

You want a room mate or a slave?

ENDelt260
11-05-2005, 05:54 PM
How hard is it to unload the f*cking dishwasher? Good Lord, you've already had a machine wash the damn dishes for you. The tedious part is over.

luv
11-05-2005, 05:57 PM
How hard is it to unload the f*cking dishwasher? Good Lord, you've already had a machine wash the damn dishes for you. The tedious part is over.
I know. I don't know why I hate doing that.

luv
11-05-2005, 05:58 PM
You want a room mate or a slave?
Man. Slave. What was the difference again? :p

stumppy
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM

And she needs to quit bitchin about picking up the dirty underwear that doesn't make it in the hamper. I mean, what the hell, she's gotta wash them either way.

4th and Long
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Man. Slave. What was the difference again? :p
:cuss:

luv
11-05-2005, 06:05 PM
And she needs to quit bitchin about picking up the dirty underwear that doesn't make it in the hamper. I mean, what the hell, she's gotta wash them either way.
Actually, I like doing laundry.

4th and Long
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Actually, I like doing laundry.
Really? Tell ya what. You come wash, dry and fold this pile of laudry I have here and I'll empty your dish washer for you.

luv
11-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Really? Tell ya what. You come wash, dry and fold this pile of laudry I have here and I'll empty your dish washer for you.
Too late.

4th and Long
11-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Too late.
No wonder you don't have a man. You're the most difficult person to get along with ... I swear. :p

luv
11-05-2005, 06:28 PM
No wonder you don't have a man. You're the most difficult person to get along with ... I swear. :p
I'm very easy to get along with. I just happen to get things done, too.

way2kalm
11-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Another con:

Is that all! Try this. Try marrying someone who is messier than you. This would mean you take out the trash, load and unload the dishwasher, do laundry for yourself and the other person, pick up after the other person becasue they don't pick up after themselves. These are just a few things I have to contend with. In some cases, I try to "outwait" my wife. Now you say, "what does outwait mean?" Outwait means that a certain portion of the house will stay dirty until the someone caves in and does it. Usually I can't last more than a week.

Now, I am not a lazy person. Before I got married, I lived in a very clean house, because I like clean stuff. I had no problem cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, doing the laundry, and just keeping the house neat and in order. Women like clean places, so I kept my place clean. I NEVER lived in a dirty house until I got married. Now my house is just so unorganized. In the span of two years I, by myself, reorganized EVERYTHING three times. Well, everying got out of order within a matter of weeks. I pretty much tried to keep the inside and outside of the house clean all by myself. Where's my wife? To busy sleeping and watching TV, and doing my daughters hair every now and then. Up until about a year ago, my wife only worked 2 hours a day!

Well, you can say she's taking care of the little one, which is true to a certain point. You see, I can do and have done everything she has done except doing her hair. I can't do the girls hair.

So don't complain about the little things. Thank God you have your health and sanity. Being with someone 24/7 isn't always that great. Yes, finding that one true love is awesom, but there is a down side to it and there will be times you will ask yourself,"what the hell did I get myself into?" For now, just enjoy yourself. You and a group of your girlfriends go out and paint the town red. Have fun and meet new people and don't be so quick to jump into a relationship. If I could go back and do it over again, I wouldn't get married until I was 30(I got married at 25 and I'm 28 now). I could say some more on the pros of being single, especially financially, but I'm going to quit writing now.

CosmicPal
11-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Can I come over to your place? I'm really worried what's going on with you. And I won't snore. Promise.

luv
11-05-2005, 06:56 PM
If I could go back and do it over again, I wouldn't get married until I was 30(I got married at 25 and I'm 28 now). I could say some more on the pros of being single, especially financially, but I'm going to quit writing now.
I will be 30 in a year. I have one girlfriend who,like me, isn't already attached.

I know there are downsides to both being single and attached. I know the downsides to being single all too well, and am ready to experience some of the downfalls of being attached.

milkman
11-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Is that all! Try this. Try marrying someone who is messier than you. This would mean you take out the trash, load and unload the dishwasher, do laundry for yourself and the other person, pick up after the other person becasue they don't pick up after themselves. These are just a few things I have to contend with. In some cases, I try to "outwait" my wife. Now you say, "what does outwait mean?" Outwait means that a certain portion of the house will stay dirty until the someone caves in and does it. Usually I can't last more than a week.

Now, I am not a lazy person. Before I got married, I lived in a very clean house, because I like clean stuff. I had no problem cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, doing the laundry, and just keeping the house neat and in order. Women like clean places, so I kept my place clean. I NEVER lived in a dirty house until I got married. Now my house is just so unorganized. In the span of two years I, by myself, reorganized EVERYTHING three times. Well, everying got out of order within a matter of weeks. I pretty much tried to keep the inside and outside of the house clean all by myself. Where's my wife? To busy sleeping and watching TV, and doing my daughters hair every now and then. Up until about a year ago, my wife only worked 2 hours a day!

Well, you can say she's taking care of the little one, which is true to a certain point. You see, I can do and have done everything she has done except doing her hair. I can't do the girls hair.

So don't complain about the little things. Thank God you have your health and sanity. Being with someone 24/7 isn't always that great. Yes, finding that one true love is awesom, but there is a down side to it and there will be times you will ask yourself,"what the hell did I get myself into?" For now, just enjoy yourself. You and a group of your girlfriends go out and paint the town red. Have fun and meet new people and don't be so quick to jump into a relationship. If I could go back and do it over again, I wouldn't get married until I was 30(I got married at 25 and I'm 28 now). I could say some more on the pros of being single, especially financially, but I'm going to quit writing now.

Did you see her place before you got married, and was it clean?

milkman
11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm not into other females, but thanks for the advice. :thumb:

Damn it!
I was hoping I could watch too. :banghead: :)

way2kalm
11-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Did you see her place before you got married, and was it clean?

She lived with her parents when we were dating. Her room was messy as hell! I mean shit was every where! Being young and in love, I never stopped to think that one day this is what my house is going to look like. So that one is on me.

ENDelt260
11-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Sucker.

badgirl
11-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Amen to that, or you guys could just turn them inside out and tada, clean underwear, if your single that is, but its not really a big turn on for the women in your life.

luv
11-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Amen to that, or you guys could just turn them inside out and tada, clean underwear, if your single that is, but its not really a big turn on for the women in your life.
I never bitched about it on here. Unless he was referring to you, I have no clue what he was even talking about. :shrug:

greg63
11-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I think it all depends on your outlook on life in general. Personally, after twenty-two years of marriage I can't imagine myself ever being single again and really don't want to. However, I don't really particularly see one as being better than the other, just different. JMHO. Nite Planet!

FloridaChief
11-05-2005, 11:32 PM

Long time no see, Gloria...howzit?...

luv
11-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Pro:

I don't have to worry about what kind of mood someone else is in. And I don't have to worry about making someone mad if I happen to be in a bad mood.

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Con: whem your drunka nd hrony and your man is half way acrossed the country.. therefore you're taken but single at the moment... you're ALL ALONE.

FloridaChief
11-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Con: whem your drunka nd hrony and your man is half way acrossed the country.. therefore you're taken but single at the moment... you're ALL ALONE.

You can always dial zero on the pink telephone...

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 01:27 AM
You can always dial zero on the pink telephone...
not the samle.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2005, 01:31 AM
There's pros and cons to everything.

And that's all I have to say about that.

KChiefsQT
11-06-2005, 01:34 AM
amen

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2005, 01:38 AM
amen

yizzer.

ENDelt260
11-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Holy smokes. FloridaChief has the old grandllama avy.

Whatever happened to that guy? I know he was going through a rough time. I hope he comes back someday.l

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Pros: You can do 108 shots of beer without fear of retribution outside your stomach.

ENDelt260
11-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Pros: You can do 108 shots of beer without fear of retribution outside your stomach.
Haha... any girl that would spend a significant amount of time with me would find that ordeal as funny as y'all did.

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 02:42 AM
We'd like you to do 108 shots of vodka next time. That way there will REALLY be a wrongful death suit.

ENDelt260
11-06-2005, 02:54 AM
We'd like you to do 108 shots of vodka next time. That way there will REALLY be a wrongful death suit.
I may be a drunk, but I'm not stupid.

keg in kc
11-06-2005, 03:28 AM
The pros heavily outweigh the cons.

luv
11-06-2005, 03:33 AM
The pros heavily outweigh the cons.
Depends on the signifigance and importance you place on each pro and con....a point value, so to speak. I'm not literally doing that...I just thought I'd see what people thought about it.