PDA

View Full Version : Saw the thread for Civ 4... what about AOE III

joesomebody
11-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I read the thread, and was very excited to buy Civ IV, but for some unknown reason I bought AOE III instead. I'll still buy Civ IV, but it will probably be a few more months, since I can only buy so many new games.

I haven't gotten into AOE (Age of Empires) III at all yet, as I just got my new machine set up last night, and am still getting all the kinks worked out and downloading the latest drivers and what not, but I was wondering if anyone had played this one yet.

irishjayhawk
11-06-2005, 11:07 AM
AOE III is too long overdue. Still though, I should probably pick it up and try it out. Civ IV looked good too. I just remember back in the day when I played AOE II for hours.

CHIEF4EVER
11-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Thus far my opinion of AOE III is very good. The gameplay is a bit different than one is used to in I and II but is still very playable when you get it figured out. Kinda reminds me of Empire Earth in some ways (which I also like). I have never played any of the CIV series and am considering CIV IV in spite of being pissed about CIV III. I bought the $10 CIV III at Wally World, went home to install it and after installation I keep getting a message that says "insert original CIV III play CD". I was not happy and am still not happy. If I can't get it to work I will just take it back call it a day I suppose.