11-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow. Unbelievable call to end the game.

GO CHIEFS!!!! :)

Demonpenz
11-06-2005, 02:35 PM
hat on hat football i formation no fakes no nothing thats what i love

siberian khatru
11-06-2005, 02:36 PM
It was the right call. I was screaming for them to 1) go for it (shades of New England 2002), and 2) run it.

If you can't get half a yard with the game on the line, you don't deserve to win.

Major props to the old man for going for it and for Saunders for calling the right play, not getting cute.

dirk digler
11-06-2005, 02:36 PM
I give all the credit to DV for the call.

RP_McMurphy
11-06-2005, 02:37 PM
That was a call for the season for both teams. Congrats to the Chiefs on a win.

SCTrojan
11-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Gotta love the call - no field goal to go to overtime. Go for the win at home.

ChiefsOne
11-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Glad the play was called and glad they made it. Otherwise DV would be run out of town for not making it!

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 02:39 PM
I can't believe LJ didn't score.

Lonewolf Ed
11-06-2005, 02:40 PM

But what a call nonetheless. If that play had been stuffed, no timeouts left... then KC is in last place in the division based on Oakland's better division record. That was, to put it mildly, HUGE.

Bob Dole
11-06-2005, 02:40 PM
IT wasn't unbelievable. Bob Dole called it.

KCJake
11-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Dick Vermeil made that call. Not Al. Believe me

Demonpenz
11-06-2005, 02:41 PM
randy cross quick pass quick pass.... yeah right dumbshit we are stuffing it down your ****ing face

Lbedrock1
11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
I can't believe LJ didn't score.
IT WAS BETTER HE DIDN'T THAT WAY NO TIME WAS LEFT FOR THE FADERS

Ari Chi3fs
11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
That was unreal... just when apathy had almost completely set in for the Chiefs season... they go and renew my faith. That, my friends, could be the momentum needed to actually wake this team up, and start playing some ball!

siberian khatru
11-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Dick Vermeil made that call. Not Al. Believe me

Excuse me, but Bob ****ing Dole made that call. Dipshit.

:p

Ari Chi3fs
11-06-2005, 02:44 PM
it was a touching moment with Trent hugging Vermeil... I cant even imagine the emotion he was releasing at that precise moment.

Lbedrock1
11-06-2005, 02:44 PM

Actually I made the call they just couldn't hear me.

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Trent was ballin' right with Dick. I almost shed a tear myself. :deevee:

SLAG
11-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I was crying..... :deevee:

I get very Emotional over this team

dtebbe
11-06-2005, 02:48 PM
I don't care who made the call, but it was the right one.

Lose the game like men, not on the coin toss.

If you win, great.

That's all.

DT

Bob Dole
11-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Actually I made the call they just couldn't hear me.
Everyone within a 20 mile radius heard Bob Dole.

tyton75
11-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm so freaking pissed that I have to work and missed what sounds like the game of the century!!!

Game center just doesnt' do this justice!

Mr. Kotter
11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Okay, so it's Vermiel who has Elephantitus. :D

tk13
11-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Props to everybody. From the way they talked after the game. DV made the call and said "let's do it", and asked Saunders and Solari for the best running play to get them 1 yard at the goal line, and Saunders and Solari both told him the same play, and DV said "then let's do it". I'm not sure how many other coaching staffs in the league would've even tried that.

Zebedee DuBois
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I didn't call it, but I was thinking it very strongly in front of the TV. I was hoping they couldn't hear Randy Cross with his plea for a quick pass. WFT? A dive was the only way to go.

And congrats to them all for doing what the football gods would have wanted.

go bowe
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Trent was ballin' right with Dick. I almost shed a tear myself. :deevee:bawling...

bawling...

not ballin'... :shake: :shake: :shake:

historical note: in 1970, ballin' is what you did with your girlfriend, or boyfriend as the case may be...

:Peace: :Peace: :Peace: :bong: :D

Zebedee DuBois
11-06-2005, 05:14 PM
bawling...not ballin'...

historical note: in 1970, ballin' is what you did with your girlfriend, or boyfriend as the case may be...

I believe in the 1950s, ballin' was going to a dance.

dtebbe
11-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I didn't call it, but I was thinking it very strongly in front of the TV. I was hoping they couldn't hear Randy Cross with his plea for a quick pass. WFT? A dive was the only way to go.

With Dunn in there, and T-Rich in his bullfrog stance, it was looking run to me, man they just KILLED that hole, Shields took out 2 guys, the Dunn softened it up, T-Rich followed, and LJ just had to jump over Dunn and T-rich, no Raiders were in the play at that point.

Beautiful call.

DT

acasas4
11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
HUGE balls Dick.

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I believe the sideline chatter went something like this:

DV: I AM Dick Vermeil! And, I see a whole army of my players here in defiance of the Oakland Raiders. You've come to play as free men, and free men you are.

What will you do without TOUCHDOWNS! Will you lose?

Al Saunders:
No . . . we will kick field goals . . . and we will live for overtime.

DV:

Aye. Go for the touchdown and you may lose. Kick the field goal and you'll keep playing. At least a while.

And, losing in the playoffs, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the games from this game to that for one chance -- JUST ONCE CHANCE -- to come back here and tell the Raiders....

That they may stop our goal line plunge.....

BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

go bowe
11-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I believe in the 1950s, ballin' was going to a dance.jeeze, you ARE old... :p :p :p

MadMax
11-06-2005, 05:32 PM

And kudos to Mr. Bob ****IN Dole!!! ROFL

SnapDogg
11-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Kinda took the smile right off ol Kerryz pie hole didn't it!

ExtremeChief
11-06-2005, 05:34 PM
And kudos to Mr. Bob ****IN Dole!!! ROFL

F*ck Bob Dole

He got lucky

MadMax
11-06-2005, 05:34 PM

If they woulda passed we'd all be cryin.

MadMax
11-06-2005, 05:35 PM
F*ck Bob Dole

He got lucky

Yea, what the hell has he done for us lately..Bastard! :p

go bowe
11-06-2005, 05:36 PM
I believe the sideline chatter went something like this:

DV: I AM Dick Vermeil! And, I see a whole army of my players here in defiance of the Oakland Raiders. You've come to play as free men, and free men you are.

What will you do without TOUCHDOWNS! Will you lose?

Al Saunders:
No . . . we will kick field goals . . . and we will live for overtime.

DV:

Aye. Go for the touchdown and you may lose. Kick the field goal and you'll keep playing. At least a while.

And, losing in the playoffs, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the games from this game to that for one chance -- JUST ONCE CHANCE -- to come back here and tell the Raiders....

That they may stop our goal line plunge.....

BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!have yee painted your face blue yet, laddie?

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I must confess I 'm the only genious on the board who did not "call it". VD rolled the dice for the whole season on one play. And after the success ? we had at the goal line last week? But I have an idea VD knew things we didn't I know our HS coach would ask our O linemen during the game how they were doing vs their man. And he would adjust our running game toward the hole where we had the advantage. Isn't it ironic we chose to dive over the right side of the line? Did anybody else notice that LJ went over the line sideways rather than just diving straight over the line? Hmmm......that's how Priest does it.

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I thought we would go for it, but I thought we'd throw a quick pass. There was plenty of time for that.

I was shocked we ran. I thought Trent was faking a handoff for sure.

That offense was not going to be denied.

Logical
11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
...Did anybody else notice that LJ went over the line sideways rather than just diving straight over the line? Hmmm......that's how Priest does it.I certainly did!!! The kid is definitely learning and improving every game.

go bowe
11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
if welbourn could step up his pass protection some, he could be a real force at rt...

sampson would have his work cut out to take back his spot, and that's not even counting black, who i think has continued to improve...

go big john!!

MadMax
11-06-2005, 06:01 PM
I must confess I 'm the only genious on the board who did not "call it". VD rolled the dice for the whole season on one play. And after the success ? we had at the goal line last week? But I have an idea VD knew things we didn't I know our HS coach would ask our O linemen during the game how they were doing vs their man. And he would adjust our running game toward the hole where we had the advantage. Isn't it ironic we chose to dive over the right side of the line? Did anybody else notice that LJ went over the line sideways rather than just diving straight over the line? Hmmm......that's how Priest does it.

Ahhh, the Chiefs still need a huge penicillin shot to get rid of that VD...And a simple shotgun blast to rid us of CP! :p Oh yea and Skip, how bout that Larry Johnson feller??? ROFL! And before I forget, F*ck Al Squanders!!!

Logical
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
if welbourn could step up his pass protection some, he could be a real force at rt...

sampson would have his work cut out to take back his spot, and that's not even counting black, who i think has continued to improve...

go big john!!:thumb:

|Zach|
11-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Al Saunders has nuts for basketballs!

Fruit Ninja
11-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Actually, Dick asked Solari whats the best goaline run play they have. Solari told him, Dick asked Saunders about it. Saunders agreed. So Dick said do it.

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
I certainly did!!! The kid is definitely learning and improving every game.
As an old guy, I've always been of the opinion that you can't learn to be a RB. Either you have the vision, strength, speed and quickness or you don't. Much the same as you can't coach speed. But I am seeing LJ get better. Probably thanks to Priest's coaching. I saw him pushing on the back of an O lineman today guiding him just like Priest does. and the dive play. But I saw him crash into the backs of O linemen several times today. He needs to stop doing that. Well, I guess he did once when he spun around and broke it to the outside. The guy is still learning. Jim Brown improved his entire career. He started at 4.7 ypc his first year and went steadily upward from there.

Mr. Kotter
11-06-2005, 08:08 PM

Love it alright. Except if he'd been stopped. Heh.

Mr. Kotter
11-06-2005, 08:09 PM
IT wasn't unbelievable. Bob Dole called it.

Bullshit. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
11-06-2005, 08:11 PM
HUGE balls Dick.

Rep

ROFL

milkman
11-06-2005, 08:12 PM
As an old guy, I've always been of the opinion that you can't learn to be a RB. Either you have the vision, strength, speed and quickness or you don't. Much the same as you can't coach speed. But I am seeing LJ get better. Probably thanks to Priest's coaching. I saw him pushing on the back of an O lineman today guiding him just like Priest does. and the dive play. But I saw him crash into the backs of O linemen several times today. He needs to stop doing that. Well, I guess he did once when he spun around and broke it to the outside. The guy is still learning. Jim Brown improved his entire career. He started at 4.7 ypc his first year and went steadily upward from there.

I am of the same opinion.

I think there are some things that a RB just has naturally.

You listed them.

Vision, strength, speed, and quickness.

The one thing that I think a RB can learn, and that Priest or the RB coach is teaching LJ, illustrated by his guiding backs of O-Linemen, is patience.

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Dick's got BALLS!

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9034/dvnutzuu3.gif
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6259/dvnutz6km.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Dick's got BALLS!

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6259/dvnutz6km.gif (http://imageshack.us)

REP ROFL