PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of All Quotes From the Raider Board...

RINGLEADER
11-06-2005, 02:54 PM
"What kind of balls KC has to call that play with no time outs left?
Draft talk time?"

Like I said on the game thread...this is the kind of play that seasons change on. Begin one game back of Denver with another game against them at Arrowhead leaves us in great position. Still wish the Jets could have pulled out the last-second win over the Bolts, but we get to play them in KC too and with our next games at Buffalo, at Houston, then hosting New England and Denver we'll know in a month where we stand. I say we'll be 8-4 and tied for first with Denver.

Braincase
11-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I hope your right. I was pretty pessimistic going into this game, but I'll be damned if hope doesn't spring eternal.

elvomito
11-06-2005, 02:59 PM
in 2002 we lost a game to new england for not going for it in that situation... after the game DV said it was a mistake. i know that effected his philosophy and thats why we won today

Ari Chi3fs
11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I hope your right. I was pretty pessimistic going into this game, but I'll be damned if hope doesn't spring eternal.

no shit, bro.... no shit.

siberian khatru
11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I honestly don't know if it's really ballsy. I think it's the right call, even if you don't make it. You can win the game right there. One play. Less than 3 feet.

You kick the FG, you have to 1) hope you win the coin flip, 2) hope you score on your first possession if you do, and 3) stop the Raiders if you either lose the flip or don't score on the first possession. That's multiple things that have to go right for you to win.

Just because it's dramatic doesn't necessarily make it ballsy.

Crow
11-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I know it was a gamble, but at the 6" line, for the win, there's just no other call to make...regardless of how many times Randy Cross insisted they throw a quick pass.

What a dope.

morphius
11-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I was thinking along the same lines, you really have a chance to build off a win like that one. It has yet to be proven that these coaches can grab ahold of something like that and ride it, but I would love to see it.

Redcoats58
11-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I honestly don't know if it's really ballsy. I think it's the right call, even if you don't make it. You can win the game right there. One play. Less than 3 feet.

You kick the FG, you have to 1) hope you win the coin flip, 2) hope you score on your first possession if you do, and 3) stop the Raiders if you either lose the flip or don't score on the first possession. That's multiple things that have to go right for you to win.

Oh its ballsy from a coaches stand point. Coaches almost always go for the sure points.

morphius
11-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I know it was a gamble, but at the 6" line, for the win, there's just no other call to make...regardless of how many time Randy Cross insisted they throw a quick pass.

What a dope.
You have not watched this teams coaching staff over the last few years.

headsnap
11-06-2005, 03:04 PM

isn't it amazing what 6 inches and 5 seconds will do...

plbrdude
11-06-2005, 03:06 PM

all of that factored in ,i still think it was tremendously ballsy. i think league wide the thought would be, go for the tie, then see what happens.
who else do you think might have went for the win?

siberian khatru

That's what I keep telling my wife, but she still won't believe me.

chief52

Exactly. DV had to go for it. The goal is to win the game, not extend it as long as possible. The easiest way to win the game was to score a TD. Win or lose, no one in their right mind could have second guessed going for it....

JBucc
11-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Exactly. DV had to go for it. The goal is to win the game, not extend it as long as possible. The easiest way to win the game was to score a TD. Win or lose, no one in their right mind could have second guessed going for it....Unless he didn't make it then we'd all be saying "wut a dumbass DV has to go NOW"

Redcoats58
11-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Nice ROFL

Claynus
11-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Six straight wins over those bitches.

They must feel like cursed men. We OWN THE RAIDERS!

RINGLEADER

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

plbrdude
Exactly. DV had to go for it. The goal is to win the game, not extend it as long as possible. The easiest way to win the game was to score a TD. Win or lose, no one in their right mind could have second guessed going for it....

i'd bet alot of people would have second guessed it had LJ been met on the leap and drilled into the backfield

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I know it was a gamble, but at the 6" line, for the win, there's just no other call to make...regardless of how many times Randy Cross insisted they throw a quick pass.

What a dope.

The Chiefs definitely made the right call to go for it, and everyone in the stadium (except Randy Cross) knew what the play was going to be. The blocking on that play was awesome. It looked like we had six blockers leading LJ through that hole.

headsnap
11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
all of that factored in ,i still think it was tremendously ballsy. i think league wide the thought would be, go for the tie, then see what happens.

Texans did it with a QB sneak one or two years ago

Crow
11-06-2005, 03:10 PM

I tried using that same line on my ex. She still left me.

siberian khatru
Unless he didn't make it then we'd all be saying "wut a dumbass DV has to go NOW"

Not everyone. I see a lot of people here, me included, who liked the call win or lose. If it had failed, I would've been crushed, but I wouldn't have been angry at the call. There were other dumb calls in the game that made me angry. That one was the right call.

I keep thinking back to New England 2002. DV kicked the FG in that situation and I was mortified at the time, even though we hadn't lost yet. I said the same thing then I'm saying now.

NaptownChief

I'm with Siberian on this...A little gutsy but the correct call regardless of the outcome. With our center and two guards and a very good strong back in LJ that play works 75% at least versus OT you have probably a 55% chance at best of winning and that extra 5% is only due to having the home field crowd behind you. Odds of winning with that play are vastly higher and to have kicked it would have been gutless and not very smart.

KcMizzou
Six straight wins over those bitches.

They must feel like cursed men. We OWN THE RAIDERS!
It's like the 90's all over again. All is right with the world.

headsnap

I play the straight man, and sk hits it out of the park!!! :clap:

BigRock
11-06-2005, 03:11 PM
The hilarious thing is Raider fans complaining about the refs, saying the tripping call cost them the game. They weren't even IN the game until the bullshit call against Jared Allen.

Crow

Shit, I knew somebody'd beat me to it. :clap:

cdcox
I really thought they would go for the quick pass because it gives you two ways to win.

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I agree that it was the correct call, but how many time have you heard, "At home you go for OT... on the road you go for the win."

morphius
11-06-2005, 03:13 PM
You know, I've heard that about siberian's wife. :D

NaptownChief
11-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I agree that it was the correct call, but how many time have you heard, "At home you go for OT... on the road you go for the win."

That is typically when you are in the red zone and discussing whether to be aggressive and try to get a TD versus a FG as opposed to this being at the 12 inch line or less.

Crow
11-06-2005, 03:14 PM
The hilarious thing is Raider fans complaining about the refs, saying the tripping call cost them the game. They weren't even IN the game until the bullshit call against Jared Allen.

Force of habit, man. We expect shit like that to happen to us.

Skip Towne
11-06-2005, 03:15 PM
The conventional wisdom has always been that you go for the tie at home and for the win on the road. My question is why they didn't run that play last week.

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
That is typically when you are in the red zone and discussing whether to be aggressive and try to get a TD versus a FG as opposed to this being at the 12 inch line or less.Good point.

plbrdude
11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm with Siberian on this...A little gutsy but the correct call regardless of the outcome. With our center and two guards and a very good strong back in LJ that play works 75% at least versus OT you have probably a 55% chance at best of winning and that extra 5% is only due to having the home field crowd behind you. Odds of winning with that play are vastly higher and to have kicked it would have been gutless and not very smart.

oh believe me i was all for going for it. i'm just saying that the tendency throughout the league would be to tie it.i still think tom osborn made the right call going for two years back in the orange bowl. i agree in 02 against the pats we should have went for the win. i think we should put as many points on the board as we can every game,forget sitting on a lead.

Hog Rider
11-06-2005, 03:17 PM

That's probably why your wife left you!

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 03:19 PM
I also think kicking it at that point would have really squashed the teams momentum. You know they had to be amped up after LJ's catch and run.

To tie it and start all over again would have been a huge let-down, IMO.

Redcoats58
11-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Well im sure you've all seen the stats of our scoring percentage in the redzone, what do you guys think the reason for not scoring in the redzone is this year? I personally think it has everything to do with not running Holmes consistently, Holmes was the X factor in the redzone. The guy has been a TD machine. Discuss....

Crow
11-06-2005, 03:24 PM
That's probably why your wife left you!

Ha! Could be. I don't miss her though. The way I see it, it can't be true love if the head is that bad.

plbrdude
11-06-2005, 03:24 PM
The conventional wisdom has always been that you go for the tie at home and for the win on the road. My question is why they didn't run that play last week.

sorry, i'm not conventional. and i don't have any wisdom

Psyko Tek
11-06-2005, 03:41 PM
by going for it Dick told our O line, LJ and the team he believe in them

this could be a turning point for the offense

god i hope so