PDA

View Full Version : The win that jump starts our season ?

mississippichiefan
11-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Could this be the win that carries us to the playoffs or is this just another good win over the Raiders ? I think this win will carry over for the rest of the season . What a win, come from behind to score with no time on the clock with all those starters out !!! What a great victory and I am so proud for Trent . Our defense played great and what a day for D. Washington . Now we need to win these next two road games . Go Chiefs !!!!!!!!!!!!

JBucc
11-06-2005, 03:06 PM
If our D plays like this all year we're going to the playoffs no doubt. The line can only get better(I hope) and hopefully Al will have more faith in LJ now.

Douche Baggins
11-06-2005, 03:06 PM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6544/05coach8ru.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

funk monkey
11-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Most def, our D played amazing this game, and the coverage that our secondary did was better than usuall too. We just need to fine tune our offense and were defianately playoff material

skky man
11-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I think that this goes to the spirit of the chiefs and the pride they play with! That was amazing and I hope that it makes them better! Game Ball to the Chiefs they dug down and got the job done!

acasas4
11-06-2005, 03:58 PM
That dive into the endzone as time expired reminded me of another huge win for the Chiefs. Week 12 1997. The Chiefs were down 22-21 at home against the donks. Pete Stoyanivich kicked what I believe was a 51 yard field goal as time expired giving the Chiefs a 24-21 win. The crowd exploded then just as they did today when LJ scored. After that victory the Chiefs won the next 5 games. History repeating itself??? I would certainly like to believe that! :clap:

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 04:07 PM
With all the injuries we have, many offensive issues, I don't see it. Buffalo gave NE a tough game in NE last week.

Unless we come out on fire next week, we will lose. As for playoffs, probally so, but unless we can get healthy and find the offense of old, we go nowhere.

|Zach|
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
I sure hope so but...this reminds me of something.

We are not in nearly as big a whole as the comparison I am making but I remember feeling this way when we beat the Colts in Arrowhead last year only to drop a crappy game to a TB team we should have beat and then really shitting ourselves against NO. I need to see this team string a few together...

But its a damn exciting team ot be a Chiefs fan.

Douche Baggins
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Some of these quotes I'm hearing from Raiders players are disgusting. They're all bitching about the tripping call.

OK guys, whatever. Maybe if you had covered Larry Johnson on the second-to-last play of the game.

acasas4
11-06-2005, 04:14 PM
With all the injuries we have, many offensive issues, I don't see it. Buffalo gave NE a tough game in NE last week.

Unless we come out on fire next week, we will lose. As for playoffs, probally so, but unless we can get healthy and find the offense of old, we go nowhere.
Let's hope we come out on fire then!

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I dont know?? I really have no clue how this team will play week to week.........We still dont play well on the road.....

acasas4
11-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Some of these quotes I'm hearing from Raiders players are disgusting. They're all bitching about the tripping call.

OK guys, whatever. Maybe if you had covered Larry Johnson on the second-to-last play of the game.
From where I was it looked like a trip to me. And what about the roughing call on Jarod Allen? The phantom pass inter. call? The refs did their best to screw us from what I saw.

KcMizzou
11-06-2005, 04:18 PM

OK guys, whatever. Maybe if you had covered Larry Johnson on the second-to-last play of the game.Heh. There's always something.

Remember when Tim Brown ran in to an official on a crossing pattern a few years back? Seemed like they bitched about that forever.

acasas4
11-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Heh. There's always something.

Remember when Tim Brown ran in to an official on a crossing pattern a few years back? Seemed like they bitched about that forever.
I have very fond memories of that. ROFL

milkman
11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Until, and unless, Squanders pulls his head out of his ass, and plays to our strengths at the start of games, then, no, I don't believe this game will serve as any kind of springboard for the rest of the season.

I'll give Gun credit today.

He generally had Warfield and DWash lined up tighter than he's had the corners lined up most of the season until this game.

He did, however, go into a semi-prevent D in the 4th QTR that very nearly cost us the game.

jynni
11-06-2005, 05:28 PM
He did, however, go into a semi-prevent D in the 4th QTR that very nearly cost us the game.
Yeah - that was bothersome. We really shouldn't be doing that unless we're up by about twenty - and even then...

mississippichiefan
11-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I sure hope and think maybe we will get on the move now and make a run for the playoffs . Go Chiefs !!

milkman
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah - that was bothersome. We really shouldn't be doing that unless we're up by about twenty - and even then...

I have never understood this whole "Prevent" mentality.

If your defense has been dominating all game long, why the hell do you change what has been working?

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I have never understood this whole "Prevent" mentality.

If your defense has been dominating all game long, why the hell do you change what has been working?

I guess the whole design of it is to run time off the clock, but most of the time it just gives teams time to march down the middle of the field because its so wide open....

DenverChief
11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
:)

milkman
11-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I guess the whole design of it is to run time off the clock, but most of the time it just gives teams time to march down the middle of the field because its so wide open....

Or, in other words, the design is to "prevent" the big play.