PDA

View Full Version : I apologize to Gunther

FringeNC
11-06-2005, 03:38 PM
I had been ripping on Gunther all week. This is just one game, but against a decent (certainly not great) offensive team, the D played quite well. Gunther and GR would have the occassional dominating game against a putrid O, but this was a fine performance against a decent team. Way to go Gunther and D. Maybe I was to quick to write off Gunther.

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Gunther called a fine, fine game, until the 4th quarter.

Looked to me like we got way too soft.

JBucc
11-06-2005, 03:39 PM
On behalf of Gun, I accept your apology.

Halfcan
11-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Gun is the man.

irishjayhawk
11-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Gunther called a fine, fine game, until the 4th quarter.

Looked to me like we got way too soft.
I dunno. The only thing I hated was his scheme on the Moss TD. He should know that the corners in that situation...with a team carrying moss on it...are the most vulnerable part.

Aside from that, I think the Nemmers call turned the momentum, which has makes it less the scheme and more the momentum.

B_Ambuehl
11-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I think it was a combination of good defense and bad offense. Three things really stood out.

1. KCs back 4 did a better job then they have all season defending the field during blitz calls. Instead of being too far off their man and allowing easy completions underneath or too close to their man and allowing easy separation they played things pretty much perfect making it very difficult on Collins and the receivers.

2. Norv Turner and Co. did a pretty piss poor job on not necessarily play calling, but the type of pass plays and routes they were having their receivers run vs KC blitzes. Up until the 4th quarter I don't think I saw a quick hitting play or any hot routes which is what you need against an aggressive blitz.

3. KCs defense did a much better job for 3 quarters not being so blatantly obvious and telegraphing every blitz call like they've done the majority of the time this year. The best illustration of that was Kawikas sack. In the 4th quarter they seemed to revert back to their traditional ways thus the 2 touchdown drives.