PDA

View Full Version : LJ or Holmes? It's simpler than that.

donkhater
11-06-2005, 04:10 PM
We can argue about who should get the majority of the carries out of this offense. But what still disturbs me about this offense is the apparent inability of Al Suanders to 'feel' how the game is playing out.

There are different types of defenses that LJ would be more successful against than Priest and vice-versa.

Any defense with good sideline to sideline pursuit which may favor a tough running game requires LJ to get the carries.

Any defense solid up the middle or a vulnerable secondary favors the use of Priest (who is a MUCH better reciever).

Last week, SD was stuffing everything on the ground pretty effectively. In the second half, KC relied more heavily on Green. Why did it take so long?

This week, LJ has over 5 yards per carry at half and all but ignore him on the first two series of the second half.

I don't get it.

unlurking
11-06-2005, 04:18 PM
good points

tk13
11-06-2005, 04:20 PM
DV said in the postgame conference we weren't running straight ahead enough. I think that's held true this year with both Priest and LJ. Especially with the amount of time we've had poor tackle play, gotta pound the rock forward instead of running as many lateral plays.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2005, 04:21 PM
i agree run it up the gut more with the center and the guards def.

steelyeyed57
11-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Has anyone considered that the Holmes injury could be a career ender? I mean spinal exams(?) -- reaks of Michael Irvin, Moose Johnston. The Chiefs won't disclose much on this anyway, so I thought I'd speculate.