PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Chiefs midseason MVP?

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:10 PM
We're 5-3 after 8 games. 2-2 in the first quarter, 3-1 in the second!

Several players have had key roles.

Poll forthcoming. Please refrain from posting until the poll is up.

Please pick TWO OPTIONS. One offense, one defense. Thankyou.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Hmmm..hard to say......Not really any one guy is having a pure MVP type of season......ill just go with Tynes.

Phobia
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Definitely 69.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Jordan Black ........... Really. ( But only if you ) Look at it this way, If Black is our # 2 and as bad as he is, just think how bad we would be with our # 3 in there. :rolleyes:

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:30 PM
I went off the beaten path and voted for Lawrence Tynes and Kawika Mitchell.

The Scotsman has been the most consistent offensive player in a shaky offensive start this year. He's also our leading scorer.

Mitchell's improved play has been the key to our improved run defense.

JBucc
11-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Tough but I'll go with EK, without him our passing game would be literally nonexistant. Guys doubling Tony every down, stacking the box against the run. I don't think he's appreciated enough.Oh and on D I'll say Mitchell just for giving us a presence at MLB

Logical
11-06-2005, 07:32 PM

Please pick TWO OPTIONS. One offense, one defense. Thankyou.I honestly did not feel any offensive player deserved it. The offense has been so ordinary this season, when things go downhil it is hard to recognize excellence. So I may skew your poll a little.

HemiEd
11-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Where is the Colquitt option? J/k, almost voted for Tynes but Allen got my vote. He has been very solid, even with that problem this afternoon.

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I honestly did not feel any offensive player deserved it. The offense has been so ordinary this season, when things go downhil it is hard to recognize excellence. So I may skew your poll a little.

I wanted one offensive MVP and one defensive MVP. But whatever! Burn your bra! :harumph:

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Where is the Colquitt option? J/k, almost voted for Tynes but Allen got my vote. He has been very solid, even with that problem this afternoon.

Colquitt is a special teams player.

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Tough but I'll go with EK, without him our passing game would be literally nonexistant. Guys doubling Tony every down, stacking the box against the run. I don't think he's appreciated enough.Oh and on D I'll say Mitchell just for giving us a presence at MLB

I almost voted for Eddie. He's been very consistent this year. I'd like to see us bring back the quick slant to Eddie.

cdcox
11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Green gets my nod on the offense. Those numbers are pretty decent considering the loss of Morton, the loss of productivity from the running game, and the lack of pass protection. He's had his rough moments, but considering the situation, I think he is most deserving.

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Green gets my nod on the offense. Those numbers are pretty decent considering the loss of Morton, the loss of productivity from the running game, and the lack of pass protection. He's had his rough moments, but considering the situation, I think he is most deserving.

I think Green has done an excellent job of limiting turnovers this year. He's only got 3 interceptions. That's just fantastic.

But he's been a part of the problem in the redzone. He missed WIDE OPEN guys in the end zone twice today. TWICE!

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM

I agree that Eddie is highly under appreciated.

He has really come into his own this year, and last.

I think he can now be considered a legitimate #1 receiver.

But I think my vote has to go to Kawika, because he has really grown into the position at MLB.

Spicy McHaggis
11-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Green is my Off.MVP and Allen my Def.MVP.

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
It's between Green, Kennison, and Allen, in my opinion. Holmes and Johnson would both be contenders if they weren't sharing the carries.

I voted for Kennison. He's been a clutch player for us. Truthfully, I probably should have voted for Green due to the position he plays, but Kennison has been superb.

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=gochiefs]I wanted one offensive MVP and one defensive MVP. But whatever! Burn your bra! :harumph:[/QUOTE[

I guess I should have read your instructions a little more carefuly.

Logical
11-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I wanted one offensive MVP and one defensive MVP. But whatever! Burn your bra! :harumph:Seriously I doubt I mess up your results, if you end in a tie I cast my vote for Tony Richardson, he has been consistently great all season and the total good numbers put up between Priest and LJ are due in large part to his outstanding blocking.

ROYC75
11-06-2005, 07:46 PM
What's this ? No Jordan Black ? Having to be bumped back and forth on both sides of the line. For holding the team up and not having to depend on our # 3 OT ?

For all he does, Black gets no love ........:D

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=gochiefs]I wanted one offensive MVP and one defensive MVP. But whatever! Burn your bra! :harumph:

I guess I should have read your instructions a little more carefuly.

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 07:54 PM
That's OK, the poll has a life of it's own. Looks like Green and Allen are going to win by a large margin.

Count Alex's Losses
11-06-2005, 11:38 PM
More votes!

burt
11-06-2005, 11:44 PM
not voting...Gunther wasn't a choice

VonneMarie
11-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Vermiels balls. Left one defense, right one offense.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2005, 01:35 PM
jared allen

chagrin
11-07-2005, 01:37 PM
nobody

HemiEd
11-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Colquitt is a special teams player.

I must have missed the O and D choices, I jumped the gun and took my overall choice.

*edit* I see why now, the thread title would suggest singular:

Poll: Who is the Chiefs midseason MVP?

If it had said: Poll: Who are the Chiefs O and D MVPs?

I might have done it as you intended.

Tribal Warfare
11-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I think Green has done an excellent job of limiting turnovers this year. He's only got 3 interceptions. That's just fantastic.

But he's been a part of the problem in the redzone. He missed WIDE OPEN guys in the end zone twice today. TWICE!

Dude, I was at the game. The WR's weren't getting any separation . Yeah, he blew two reads, but damn look what he had to work with at the WR position.

Uatu
11-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Green. He's the heart and soul of this team.

Without him, it would have been easy for us to have a lot more trouble than we have with our embattled offensive line. A lesser QB would have got happy feet or started throwing a bunch of interceptions with protection that bad. But Green stands in there and takes the hit and keeps the offense together.

Even when the O looks bad for most of the game like yesterday he was there in the clutch when the team needed him for a game winning drive.

el borracho
11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Larry and Kawicka.

greg63
11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I went with Green and Allen.

Uatu
11-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Dude, I was at the game. The WR's weren't getting any separation . Yeah, he blew two reads, but damn look what he had to work with at the WR position.

I agree. No one was getting open PERIOD and it's been this way the whole year.

Not Kennison with any consistency. Gonzalez was working against doubles most of the day. Boerigter was invisible as usual. Dante caught a nice ball or two but there was no sign of anyone else.

If you ask me we're lucky to accumulate as many passing yards as we do with really only two guys who are any threat to catch a ball.

JakeT
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
O -- Green

D - Sammy Knight - yes he had a bad game against Gates but that is Gunther's fault. Knight broke up a pass for a td at the end of the game against the Raiders (away) and against Washington. We would have lost both of those games last year.

Johnson&Johnson
11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Jared on D

the 2-headed monster backfield on the O

milehighfan
11-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I'd say Raider D for MVP, They gave the chiefs another victory.

jidar
11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
T. Green. No question in my mind.
He's busted ass to keep things going on the Offensive side with subpar performances all around him, even when it hasn't worked.
Allen has played his position very well so gets a nod as well.

jidar
11-07-2005, 03:54 PM

pft. Your mom gave your dad syphillis and you. He's still not sure which is worse.

StcChief
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Tynes (kickers are never MVP) doing the job.

Allen - D keeping us in the game.

Cochise
11-07-2005, 03:57 PM

I'm surprised you could see the game so well with your old man's crank in your eye all afternoon.

sedated
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
The MVP will be LJ.

Priest will come back too late to stop that monster from getting his PT.

Hydrae
11-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Offense was tough as noone as really stepped up. I voted Tynes for his consistency so far. I am starting to not fear the field goal attempt!

Defense was tough as well but because I was torn between Mitchell and Allen. Kawika is really coming into his own and was all over the field yesterday. But Allen is changing how offensive lines play against us for the first time in years and thus gets my vote.

I find it interesting that Priest and TGon have no votes. I doubt any of us would have thought that we would 5-3 and those two would be shut out for MVP voting on offense.

Chiefnj
11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Offense: Kennison. No one has really stepped up, but he's done a good job when Green has been able to deliver the ball.

Defense: The top three guys who jump out are Kawika, Jared and Sammy. But, they've all had some big lapses. I'll take their vote and throw it to Tynes who as Hydrae noted has really stepped up.

NJ Chief Fan
11-07-2005, 05:10 PM
jared allen n larry johnson