PDA

View Full Version : Everyone stop criticizing Michael Vick!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2005, 06:20 PM
He threw for a whole 228 yards and had an amazing whole 1 TD pass!!! Stop hatin', homie G homies!!!! (sarcasm)

ROFL The Falcons remind me of a college team. Although, the NFC is weak so they may just get to the Super Bowl because of their D, but won't win it. I wish we could play in the NFC North, that'd be nice.

Cochise
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
People hated on Jesus, now they are hating on Black Jesus

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Apparently, he has requested that people not criticize him for anything, and to only praise him whenever he does something good. I would like to make the same request of all of you.

DJay23
11-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I found this humorous from his post game comments:

(Paraphrasing)

People criticize me saying I can't be a pocket passer. I had to go out and show the world what I can do. I mean, I don't have to prove anything to anybody, I know what I can do.

Huh?

Demonpenz
11-06-2005, 06:25 PM
his brother did well too

milkman
Apparently, he has requested that people not criticize him for anything, and to only praise him whenever he does something good. I would like to make the same request of all of you.

What is this "somethig good" that you do? :shrug:

:p

Chiefs Pantalones

ROFL

Hence my topic title.

He's rather arrogant. My Grandma throws a better ball.

OldTownChief
11-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I found this humorous from his post game comments:

(Paraphrasing)

People criticize me saying I can't be a pocket passer. I had to go out and show the world what I can do. I mean, I don't have to prove anything to anybody, I know what I can do.

Huh?

ROFL

Valiant
11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah that interview was funny as hell, has he thrown for 300 yards yet or even 4tds in a game...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Is it any coincidence that when Schaub got the start earlier in the year he threw for 300 yards, and when Vick is in there he struggles to reach 200 99% of the time? He can't throw the ball. It's not the WRs, Vick just can't throw. I know they win, and that's all that matters, but it doesn't matter that much because they aren't that good. They're an NFC team that's playing out the season for runner-up in the Super Bowl at best.

siberian khatru
11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
his brother did well too

Yeah, compared to Marcus' performance the other night, Mike's John Elway.

Mecca
11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
If he reacts like that to asking him about passing, I'd hate to see what would happen if someone asked him about his herpes.

Miles
11-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey his first 200yd game of the season and 4th in three seasons is a big accomplishment. This just shows what he can do. Wait till he has another five seasons to learn the offense.

Logical
11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Is it any coincidence that when Schaub got the start earlier in the year he threw for 300 yards, and when Vick is in there he struggles to reach 200 99% of the time? He can't throw the ball. It's not the WRs, Vick just can't throw. I know they win, and that's all that matters, but it doesn't matter that much because they aren't that good. They're an NFC team that's playing out the season for runner-up in the Super Bowl at best.This is not quite true, he has a hell of an arm and throws a nice tight spiral, he has no accuracy or touch, that is why he may never be a great passer (defines QB to me).

Coach
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Vick still cannot read NFL Defenses.

morphius
11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Many of these QB's have that boxer mentality, and have to. You can't be a leader on your team if you are out there questioning what you are doing, and to be the leader you have to be a bit cocky as well.

That said, Vick just isn't a good QB. Decent playmaker, not a doog QB.

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:19 PM
This is not quite true, he has a hell of an arm and throws a nice tight spiral, he has no accuracy or touch, that is why he may never be a great passer (defines QB to me).

That, and the fact that coach pointed out in the next post, that he still can't read NFL Ds.

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Open question: if you were the Falcons, what would you do with Vick? Would you use him like he's doing now? Is he an NFL quarterback? Would you move him to another position? Would you trade him so that someone else has to wrestle with the Mexico issue?

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Open question: if you were the Falcons, what would you do with Vick? Would you use him like he's doing now? Is he an NFL quarterback? Would you move him to another position? Would you trade him so that someone else has to wrestle with the Mexico issue?

I'd ask him to stop passing the herpes, and start passing the ball.

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 07:28 PM
So would you tell him to stay in the pocket more? Or would you just tell him to stop tucking and running? His running ability is admittedly spectacular.

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:33 PM
So would you tell him to stay in the pocket more? Or would you just tell him to stop tucking and running? His running ability is admittedly spectacular.

Steve Young's running ability was nearly as spectacular, but he couldn't lead a superior 49ers team to the SB until he learned to be a pocket passer first, and a runner as a last resort.

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 07:43 PM
I haven't seen him play enough to make a judgment, but I'm curious about whether others think that he's got the decision-making ability and passing skills to truly be a good quarterback.

Simplex3
11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd figure out if he's just too stupid to get it. If he is then I'd deal his butt away for whatever I could get. Some team is desperate enough for attention to take his cap number for a bad to mediocre QB.

If he's not to stupid to get it then I try some unorthidox training. Tie him to a stake with a six foot rope so that he can't run out of the pocket, for instance. Oh, and I'd certainly take away both of his mobile phones.

Simplex3
11-06-2005, 07:46 PM
I haven't seen him play enough to make a judgment, but I'm curious about whether others think that he's got the decision-making ability and passing skills to truly be a good quarterback.
I don't think he has either. He can't read a Def, but even more suprising is that he can't throw with the proper amount of touch.

milkman
11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't think he has either. He can't read a Def, but even more suprising is that he can't throw with the proper amount of touch.

And there it is.

He's been in the league now for, what, 5 years(?).
He should be getting it by now, but he isn't.

Rain Man
11-06-2005, 08:03 PM
So then, what would you do if you were the Falcons? Do you keep a guy playing QB who lacks those skills? Are his other skills good enough to overcome them? Or do you use him as some sort of hybrid running back-type of player?

milkman
11-06-2005, 08:07 PM
So then, what would you do if you were the Falcons? Do you keep a guy playing QB who lacks those skills? Are his other skills good enough to overcome them? Or do you use him as some sort of hybrid running back-type of player?

If I were in charge, I'd trade Vick and start Shaub.

He is now, and will be, a better QB.

Simplex3
11-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Vick's too fragile to play RB. You could put him at WR but the Falcons are paying him too much to even consider that. Their only option is to try and move him to another team.

Valiant
11-06-2005, 10:12 PM

I would get a QB that can actually play the posistion and have him play the WR/TE/RB role...

Vick and Dunn in the backfield and two WR spread out would be a interesting sight...

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
In about 2 years..Vick will be the next Kordell Stewart.....

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Speaking of Crydell Stewart, he played today.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Speaking of Crydell Stewart, he played today.

YOur kidding, for who??

Count Zarth
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
YOur kidding, for who??

Baltimore.

3 carries for 30 yards. Dropped a TD pass.

milkman
11-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Baltimore.

3 carries for 30 yards. Dropped a TD pass.

So he's like Elvis Grbac, sorta.

He can't throw it, and he can't catch it, too.

KCChiefsMan
11-06-2005, 10:20 PM
it always cracks me up to read this stuff on Vick, I'm sorry but his winning % is very high because defenses have to concentrate on him, his passing stats aren't pretty at all, but he helps his team win. I think he's been in the NFL for 5 years now including this year and 3 of those seasons he played pretty much the full year and they made the playoffs and will make the playoffs this year, the 2 years he was hurt or didn't get PT in his rookie year, they had a terrible season........

my point is, all you people see is stats. there is more to it than that during a football game

Cochise
11-06-2005, 10:20 PM
In about 2 years..Vick will be the next Kordell Stewart.....

Stewart was better in his good years.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2005, 10:24 PM
If I were Mike i'd ask Marcus how the hell he does it.

jettio
11-06-2005, 10:44 PM

I think you stick with Vick and keep winning playoff games.

Falcons ain't used to winning, but I don't think you need to tell them that winning is a problem for them to solve.

Before Vick, the Georgia Dome was empty.

I think it is pretty clear, play the stud and win games.

Miles
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
it always cracks me up to read this stuff on Vick, I'm sorry but his winning % is very high because defenses have to concentrate on him, his passing stats aren't pretty at all, but he helps his team win. I think he's been in the NFL for 5 years now including this year and 3 of those seasons he played pretty much the full year and they made the playoffs and will make the playoffs this year, the 2 years he was hurt or didn't get PT in his rookie year, they had a terrible season........

my point is, all you people see is stats. there is more to it than that during a football game

They also didnt have Dunn or Duckett in Vicks rookie year and they both went down for a while during two years ago. There defense also gets little credit for their record.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I think you stick with Vick and keep winning playoff games.

Falcons ain't used to winning, but I don't think you need to tell them that winning is a problem for them to solve.

Before Vick, the Georgia Dome was empty.

I think it is pretty clear, play the stud and win games.

They only win playoffs games and will only get to the Super Bowl because the NFC is retarded.

They'll get stomped by whoever they play in the AFC.

Cochise
11-07-2005, 08:58 AM
What other QB could throw for 200 yards and one TD and have "silenced their critics" in the eyes of the media? :rolleyes:

Note that it was the D making the interception that sewed the game up. Miami was 20 yards from tying the game when the Falcons' defense bailed them out.

chagrin
11-07-2005, 09:02 AM
This is not quite true, he has a hell of an arm and throws a nice tight spiral, he has no accuracy or touch, that is why he may never be a great passer (defines QB to me).

I disagree with the statement "he has a hell of an arm" being able to throw long, and with a tight spiral, does not make a great arm, my opinion of course. See Aaron Brooks

having "said" that, I agree with most of these posts. If you pressure Mike and Marcus, they fold quickly. If they have to win with their arm, they simply will not, and cannot. Miami killed them this weekend, I laughed my ass off. Did anyone actually see the passes he threw? OMG, he overthrew, underthrew - pathetic. And they say he's "better than his brother" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

vailpass
11-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Anyone who criticizes Michael Vick on the purely objective basis of his performance is clearly a racist.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-07-2005, 10:01 AM
ROFL

Hence my topic title.

He's rather arrogant. My Grandma throws a better ball.
Your grandma has trouble operating in space though. I'm not even sure what that means.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Everyone on this board would have multiple orgasms if the Chiefs were to get Vick.

Simplex3
11-07-2005, 10:02 AM

1. Backup fullbacks help their team win games.
2. The fact that he doesn't play the whole season is a negative, not an excuse for sucking.

All of this "they win with him" crap is just that: crap. They'd be winning even more if Schaub had been the starter since training camp opened. Why? They'd have a chance of coming back on someone. Everyone in the league knows that if you can get up on the Falcons it's over because Ron can't throw worth a piss.

GoTrav
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
I disagree with the statement "he has a hell of an arm" being able to throw long, and with a tight spiral, does not make a great arm, my opinion of course. See Aaron Brooks

having "said" that, I agree with most of these posts. If you pressure Mike and Marcus, they fold quickly. If they have to win with their arm, they simply will not, and cannot. Miami killed them this weekend, I laughed my ass off. Did anyone actually see the passes he threw? OMG, he overthrew, underthrew - pathetic. And they say he's "better than his brother" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

damn it, missed the Miami/VT game :banghead:

Demonpenz
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Your grandma has trouble operating in space though. I'm not even sure what that means.

haha. She has a low base, but doesn't take on blocks well

Simplex3
11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
What other QB could throw for 200 yards and one TD and have "silenced their critics" in the eyes of the media? :rolleyes:
McNabb.

Cochise
11-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Everyone on this board would have multiple orgasms if the Chiefs were to get Vick.

No.

The word 'seppuku' comes to mind.

Simplex3
11-07-2005, 10:06 AM
At WR for $1.5M/year I'd be alright with the move. At QB I'd be a full time Bucs fan until the experiment was over.

Cochise
11-07-2005, 10:06 AM
McNabb.

They probably aren't silent with the Iggles now in sole posession of last place in the NFC East ROFL